Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+47
Kiko
kvs
Tai Hai Chen
zepia
miketheterrible
Maximmmm
Cyberspec
Firebird
Vann7
dino00
Sujoy
GarryB
Regular
d_taddei2
Tingsay
Hannibal Barca
nero
ATLASCUB
RTN
x_54_u43
Mindstorm
Rodion_Romanovic
jhelb
TheArmenian
Karl Haushofer
PapaDragon
Azi
Singular_Transform
owais.usmani
flamming_python
andalusia
Arrow
PhSt
Hole
magnumcromagnon
franco
Viktor
zorobabel
calripson
Kimppis
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
par far
medo
Big_Gazza
George1
Austin
51 posters

Russian Economy General News: #11

kvs
    kvs

Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

Post  kvs Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm

par far wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:My wife is from India and she told me she was offered all these benefits including subsidized post secondary education.  She ended up saying no and asking how that was even legal and why Canadians don't get this?

It disgusts me how much the government robs us working people to give it to people who don't work, don't respect our culture/country and just make babies all day to get more subsidies.

I can't wait for this system to collapse entirely and every one of those parasites are told "sorry, can't do it. No more money".

This is why I have no regrets getting free money from the Canadian government.

To be fair, immigrants are not automatic welfare leeches. There are plenty of established Canadians who are multi-generational welfare bums.
    Judging from my family experience we hit the ground running when we landed in Canada. And my parents did not work in their professions and
    had to settle for less. In fact, Canada is a scam-land when it comes to bringing in immigrants based on their qualifications and then affording
    them no opportunity to work in their professions. That is why doctors drive taxis in Canada.

Nobody was giving us free washing machines back in the 1970s. We also paid our rent with our own money and did not get free housing.

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #11

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:24 pm

I don't know what this discussion about Canada has to do with Russia. Move this discussion to this thread:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t6939p650-decline-of-the-western-society
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:15 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:I don't know what this discussion about Canada has to do with Russia. Move this discussion to this thread:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t6939p650-decline-of-the-western-society

It is relevant since many in Russia think that Canada is a paradise. That affects their economic decisions.

jocolor

Hannibal Barca and par far like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:37 pm

kvs wrote:

It is relevant since many in Russia think that Canada is a paradise.   That affects their economic decisions.

jocolor

True. I have a classmate right now from Novosibirsk who is attending college here in Canada in hopes of getting immigrant status. Her story is the opposite though, she thinks there is no bright economic future in Russia and believes the west is where the prosperity is
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:43 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Dunno if you heard the news lately, and KVS sure as probably heard it, but pos boy Trudeau is wanting to bring in 1.2M more migrants into Canada while we have the highest unemployment in the G7 and probably worst than it was 30 years ago.

What are we gonna do with 1.2M migrants? Jobs are scarce and if they are skilled workers (I doubt a lot of em are), it will drive wages down even further.  Most do not create jobs besides owning a liquor store and or other business where they either pay employees under the table at below minimum wage or at minimum wage as is.  And for maybe 2 to 3 employees total.

It's a joke and we are setting ourselves up for further failure than before.

GDP means fuck all in whole honesty. It is a broad measurement that doesn't really equate to a good life style.  We only have a higher standard of living cause we live on credit. I live on debt currently.  And my debt is massive, apparently it is very small compared to average.

It is stupid and gonna get worst.

So another million Ukrainians in Canada?

Walther von Oldenburg dislikes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:16 pm

PhSt wrote:
    kvs wrote:

It is relevant since many in Russia think that Canada is a paradise.   That affects their economic decisions.

jocolor

True. I have a classmate right now from Novosibirsk who is attending college here in Canada in hopes of getting immigrant status. Her story is the opposite though, she thinks there is no bright economic future in Russia and believes the west is where the prosperity is

She hasn't lived in Canada long enough. Her starry eyed student view of reality is warped.

And most people I know have no clue about the state of the economy even in the countries they live. People run on the
    impression vapours that they inhale from the MSM and which they choose to fit their world view.

Anyone who thinks that Canada has a bright economic future is totally detached from reality. I have seen the standard of living
    slip first hand over the last 40+ years. It's not some cyclical process. The immigration Ponzi racketeers are loading the country
    with more warm bodies in place of trying to have a real economic policy.

par far, Big_Gazza and miketheterrible like this post

par far

Post  par far Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:43 pm

PhSt wrote:
    kvs wrote:

jocolor

Her studies are probably being played by the Canadain government, let her live here 5-6 years.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:56 pm

par far wrote:
    PhSt wrote:
    kvs wrote:

jocolor

Her studies are probably being played by the Canadain government, let her live here 5-6 years.

She also sounds like a liberast sycophant.   This set of Russian weirdos is terminally deluded.  

I have no tolerance for liberasts.   Even if Russia is not rich and everyone is not a millionaire, it is still a decent place to live since
    people are still engaging and not urbanized drones like in much of the west.   There is a progressive compartmentalization on
    smaller and smaller scales in western society.   A sort of human relations fragmentation which has already destroyed the extended
    family and is now in the process of destroying the family unit.   The lust for material fulfillment is driven by the void that this is
    creating (call it spiritual or psychological).  Grubbing for consumer trash is like shoveling food into your mouth to get an endorphin
    rush.

I have talked with people from the developing world and have lived some time in one of the South American countries and we
    agree that life in these poor countries can be richer in human terms.   I think that such richness is worth a lot.  Having several
    cars in a POS drywall bloat "home" is not a metric of well being.

Big_Gazza likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:15 pm

kvs wrote:
    Anyone who thinks that Canada has a bright economic future is totally detached from reality.  I have seen the standard of living
    slip first hand over the last 40+ years.   It's not some cyclical process.   The immigration Ponzi racketeers are loading the country
    with more warm bodies in place of trying to have a real economic policy.

I'm not Canadian but I understand what you're saying as I've seen the very same things here in Australia. We used to call ourselves the "lucky country" but now we are on the same slippery shit slope that every Western Capitalist nation is facing. We're borrowing ourselves to death, imploding the middle classes, fuckin over our major trade partner in China (a fucking nonsensical thing to do when much of your economy relies on export of energy & commodities) and flooding ourselves with an endless horde of foreigners who won't accept our culture and are working hard to fractionate our once homogenous nation into a patchwork of ethnic identities. Add to that the suffocating PC imported from the US and the 4th Reich with its globo-homo Crusade of Black Faggotry and I have no idea what this place is becoming. Its simply unrecognizable from the old Australia I grew up in during the 70s & 80s.

kvs, slasher and miketheterrible like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:54 am

PhSt wrote:
    kvs wrote:

jocolor

The less such people in Russia the better

She is not focused on seizing the opportunities that are there, but on finding somewhere to call easy street.

miketheterrible likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:31 pm

https://www.stalkerzone.org/an-end-to-offshore-the-russian-state-nationalises-the-port-of-vladivostok/

I put these here even if Rosatom and the arctic seaway are mentioned.

kvs likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:08 pm

Hole wrote:https://www.stalkerzone.org/an-end-to-offshore-the-russian-state-nationalises-the-port-of-vladivostok/

I put these here even if Rosatom and the arctic seaway are mentioned.

An important piece of information. Time for games pandering to the west is over. The west never wanted Russia as a friend
    it always wanted it out of the way to get at its resources. The west never learns that it will not always get what it wants.

Offshores are one of the reasons that the Russian financial industry is underdeveloped. Finally solid moves are being made to
    repatriate this capital and have it work for Russian banks instead of foreign ones. Russia is big enough to have a banking sector
    that can give affordable loans for business operations without having to go outside Russia.

I can't wait for the CBR to be purged.

Maximmmm
    Maximmmm

Post  Maximmmm Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:51 am

Probably others saw this, but I think it's interesting and worth pointing out:
    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/137496/

Looks like the trans-siberian is regaining it's importance as an east-west artery. Here it specifically talks about japanese companies increasing their use of its services, but I'm sure it applies to other countries as well. Korea could be a nice option.

Kiko likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:20 pm

Maximmmm wrote:Probably others saw this, but I think it's interesting and worth pointing out:

Looks like the trans-siberian is regaining it's importance as an east-west artery. Here it specifically talks about japanese companies increasing their use of its services, but I'm sure it applies to other countries as well. Korea could be a nice option.

Some points:

1) There must be rail gauge changes for any such point to point rail traffic. The article makes no mention of it.
    So Russia must have some large scale carriage swap facility somewhere that does not delay the trip enough
    to matter.

2) As oil becomes uneconomical due to supply constraints, shipping is going to become less viable. The
    Russian railway system is electrified so it can operate on nuclear and hydro power for a very long time.
    Shipping will adapt, but the days of cheap energy are running out.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:58 pm

Shipping could convert to natural gas or nuclear... it is a good way to ship a lot of stuff in one go because port facilities coordinate the movement of goods to the port and onto ships and then off ships and onto trucks in return already.

With modern electric cars where you can position the steering wheel and controls from one side of the vehicle to the other it can't be that hard to design a train that can change the wheel gauge it uses to drive around on...
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:32 am

kvs wrote:
    Maximmmm wrote:Probably others saw this, but I think it's interesting and worth pointing out:

Some points:

1) There must be rail gauge changes for any such point to point rail traffic.   The article makes no mention of it.
    So Russia must have some large scale carriage swap facility somewhere that does not delay the trip enough
    to matter.

2) As oil becomes uneconomical due to supply constraints, shipping is going to become less viable.   The
    Russian railway system is electrified so it can operate on nuclear and hydro power for a very long time.

Is the Trans-Siberian railway actually electrified? That's a huge distance with much of it very far away from civilization.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:12 am

x_54_u43 wrote:
    kvs wrote:

Some points:

1) There must be rail gauge changes for any such point to point rail traffic.   The article makes no mention of it.
    to matter.

2) As oil becomes uneconomical due to supply constraints, shipping is going to become less viable.   The

Is the Trans-Siberian railway actually electrified? That's a huge distance with much of it very far away from civilization.

Both the BAM and the older Trans-Siberian Railway are electric and both are being upgraded for several years already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Siberian_Railway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baikal%E2%80%93Amur_Mainline

The electrification is 25 and 27.5 kV at 50 Hz.

https://uic.org/com/enews/nr/408/article/russia-rzd-begins-upgrade-and?page=modal_enews

https://www.railwaypro.com/wp/first-bam-and-transsib-modernisation-phase-to-be-completed-in-2020/

Most of Russia's rail lines are electrified.

x_54_u43 and 1ffmm like this post

Maximmmm
    Maximmmm

Post  Maximmmm Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:45 am

Yeah in general the recovery of the railway system was one of the long-term successes of Russia under Putin. You can trace back things slowly beginning to recover all the way back to his first term even.
    The amount of abuse the system took in the 90s meant it was a while before things were back to spec, but nowadays only relatively low priority routes still need overhauling. As someone from the island, seeing Sakhalin get converted to Russian gauge after a 17 year project was a watershed moment.

magnumcromagnon likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:16 am

Fricking BAM is a huge success.

The fact even Stalin era couldn't get it close to completion yet Russia under Putin did without the need of gulag cheap labor is testimont to Putin's leadership.

We can't even get a god damn fucking overpass built in Calgary in a decade or complete a god damn stretch of road.

LMFS likes this post

calripson

Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 32 Empty Yes

Post  calripson Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:10 am

miketheterrible wrote:Fricking BAM is a huge success.

The fact even Stalin era couldn't get it close to completion yet Russia under Putin did without the need of gulag cheap labor is testimont to Putin's leadership.

We can't even get a god damn fucking overpass built in Calgary in a decade or complete a god damn stretch of road.

It is more of an accomplishment to those of us who lived in Russia in the 1990s when there was total corruption. In those days, every ruble budgeted would have ended up in an Cypriot or Israeli bank.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:52 am

As Biden’s US presidency approaches, fate of Nord Stream 2 pipeline will indicate whether Russia & EU are set for final divorce

Russian Economy General News: #11 - Page 32 5fb529eb85f54068625a7302

The biggest event in Russia history ,after soviet union collapse and even bigger in the entire
    Russia history ,including soviet and russia empire era ,in terms of economy ,without a doubt
    will be the cancellation of nord stream 2 project by europe.  if cancelled ,means europeans
    capitulated to the only option they had ,the only system that was available ,the american one.

Whether that the European union ban it at government level or that the companies there black mailed by Americans to abandon it ,doesn't matter ,it will show that Russia will be officially
    out of the european union commerce ,and any sales to them will be comparable to the one
    they have with australia ,totally irrelevant in russia economy ,means russia and europe trading with the perfect storm of sanctions and covid19 ,will become less than 1% of russia budget..

You all heard many times how even putin during 2014 sanctions over crimea , they told..
    "the best thing about western sanctions is that Force us to become independent of the
    west...." bla bla bla , then he began to speak about Russia "pivot to Asia".

Problem is . he still continues depending on the west , six years later , russia still depends on
    western system and european money for russia development , Russia have developed zero alternatives to the american internet , zero alternatives to western banking system ,
    zero alternatives to international payment systems like visa ,mastercard ,zero alternatives to
    the swift international microtransanction system ,zero alternatives to western computer industry ,like intel ,amd ,microsoft ,and western software industry , and no strong competition at all to the western modern culture and entertainment industry , he keep russia in the soviet past ,every hollyday in russia is directly connected to soviet union memorable event . Russia thematic entertainment parks are all made either to honor  soviet union or done by american companies. Rolling Eyes

So how Putin expect ,that the european union throw away their western american world ,that is not perfect for sure but they can work on it to improve it ,and change it for a piece of empty white paper? Russia is not even leading in space explorations or anything ,just taxi to ISS ,while now the space race is done by US and China. So why will the european union choose to cut completely their relations with american business world ,that includes US high tech puppets states like japan ,south korea and taiwan  (and still includes china) ?  

So how many years needs to putin to make Russia a true independent nation ,is 20 years in powers not enough?  look how much china have achieved in 20 years, when in that period china was far behind Russia in every development area. does putin needs the entire world to abandon the anglo american jewish system ,just because putin will ask them politely for it ?  No

Sadly no , under putin russia will never truly progress ,because there is absolutely no major differences to what putin was doing in 2000 vs 2020.. other than a more independent military industry ,and a little bit more independent agriculture.. but thats all.  he have not done any major breakthroughts in high tech business industry . they produce science tech demos here or there ,but
    they never do a business with them ,and capitalize it.  Russia economy dependence on oil and gas sales , is what holds back russia entire national development ,because a huge mountain of money is
    invested in building those pipelines ,maintainance ,and in building refineries and the staff required
    for that operation.  

So why a cancelation of nord stream 2 ,could become the most important event for Russia
    future ? because will show clearly Russia have no future as a gas station  ,and Putin realize his entire economic strategy was a total abysmal failure the past 20 years ,and that combined with ever decreasing oil prices of oil and natural gas ,will send Russia economy in free fall ,because nord stream 1 will neither be profitable , and for the first time Putin realize ,that his entire vision of russia as a saudi arabia of eure-asia was completely wrong , this is because china is also moving away from Russia energy industry , they are pushing for free clean energy , solar energy ,electrical energy , and many other more future looking technologies.  
    If that wasn't enough bad news , (if nord stream 2 cancelled) , Russia will face the backslash of
    also putin short sight vision of russia as an olympic nation ,post covid19 era.. sports and tourism
    will be death , those will continue but only as online events and people will cease to travel ,so bad
    news too for Putin . he might as well sell the entire sochi avenues to the middle east ,in scrap metal,
    at least will be less embarrassing to have sochi completely empty of people and to observe it to rust ,for the lack of money to maintain it.  Russia needs to modernize its economy or collapse and die.. they have no other options.  Since putin is scared of electronic high tech industry , is more than likely they will push for pharma industry and dedicate to do vaccines.. which will not be a bad thing economic wise ,but still will do nothing to stop the western system if they allowed to continue leading
    the world in high tech and space. The only hope Russia will have to not become another collapsed soviet union and not split in many parts again ,will be to become a colony of china , which will be the only competition the west will face and the only other nation leading in the world , after US .

Last edited by Vann7 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

Hannibal Barca likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:52 am

miketheterrible wrote:Fricking BAM is a huge success.

BAM was a 1970s project that had nothing to do with Stalin and gulags. And gulag labour was not used after 1953.
    Khruschev did at least one good thing and that is he emptied the gulags in 1956. Yes, that actually happened even though
    Khruschev was a busybody in the 1930s sending "enemies of the people" to be shot or to gulags.

Putin has overseen a massive refurbishment and upgrade program where BAM is being upgraded to handle 25 trains per day
    from the current maximum of 15 trains.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Maximmmm, 1ffmm and Kiko like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:27 pm

It was thought up of much earlier (30's) but surveyers didn't complete in 1974. Guess that is where I made a mistake.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Maximmmm wrote:Yeah in general the recovery of the railway system was one of the long-term successes of Russia under Putin. You can trace back things slowly beginning to recover all the way back to his first term even.
    The amount of abuse the system took in the 90s meant it was a while before things were back to spec, but nowadays only relatively low priority routes still need overhauling. As someone from the island, seeing Sakhalin get converted to Russian gauge after a 17 year project was a watershed moment.

Russia has exceeded the peak railway stock manufacturing seen in the USSR which occurred in the 1970s. This is with a population about
    half the size of the USSR. In key metrics Russia is now well beyond the USSR.

In 2019 Russia produce 79,000 railway cars. The USSR all time peak was 72,000 cars in 1974.

LMFS and 1ffmm like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 pm

miketheterrible wrote:It was thought up of much earlier (30's) but surveyers didn't complete in 1974.  Guess that is where I made a mistake.

Sorry if I sound harsh, it is hard to convey sentiment via email and board posts.

There were Stalinist projects that never got completed because the technological and industrial level were not that high and
    the demand was not there. In particular this project:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Latitudinal_Railway

The project is massive considering that it is going through permafrost. They can't just put down some gravel and rails.

1ffmm likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 pm