Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
mnztr
OminousSpudd
Aristide
Hole
Big_Gazza
Firebird
zorobabel
PhSt
nero
Tingsay
Viktor
magnumcromagnon
ATLASCUB
ultimatewarrior
PapaDragon
Regular
calripson
par far
AlfaT8
GarryB
nomadski
Tsavo Lion
Rodion_Romanovic
auslander
George1
Vann7
medo
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Manov
kvs
SeigSoloyvov
JohninMK
littlerabbit
starman
miketheterrible
Isos
Walther von Oldenburg
jhelb
Hannibal Barca
MiamiMachineShop
yavar
crod
47 posters

US-Iran standoff 2019-

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

US-Iran standoff 2019- - Page 11 Empty Re: US-Iran standoff 2019-

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Someone on twitter brought up the missing data in the video of alleged Iranian mining in the Straight of Hormuz.

"I’ve reviewed 100+ hours of BDA and I can tell you this, the Navy edited this video and it’s now misleadingMissing: data (skew angle, speed, GEO coordinates, etc), color (converted to black and white), platform, pilot commentary, and it’s too zoomed in."

https://twitter.com/OpWolverines/status/1139496789457768450

https://www.flickr.com/photos/usnavy/48058989837/in/photostream

US-Iran standoff 2019- - Page 11 D9DmVSEVAAA7uNT

"Here are a few examples of black hot and white hot infrared camera footage. Notice how the reflection on the water is limited, people stick out, and there’s often times depth with the resolution. That’s not evident on the US navy footage."

https://twitter.com/OpWolverines/status/1139516337506570240
    yavar

Post  yavar Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:30 pm

U.S Trump visit to Japan And Joint Press Conference with the Prime Minister of Japan : No regime change, current Iranian leaders, Prime Minister of Japan next visit to Iran

Iran The decisive response leader Ayatollah Khamenei to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe: I don't consider Trump worth sending a message to, we won't negotiate with U.S.
    http://english.khamenei.ir/news/6844/I-don-t-consider-Trump-worth-sending-a-message-to-we-won-t-negotiate
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:08 am

https://twitter.com/LinaArabii/status/1140353414611820544

The US "logic" that Iran "must have attacked the tanker" is so moronic it actually reduces the IQ of anyone exposed to it.

Nice to see Japan pushing back on being used as a cannon fodder to initiate yanqui wars of aggression. Japan should
    do something to annoy this rotting head "hyperpower" together with Russia.
    yavar

Post  yavar Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Iran Atomic Energy Organization AEOI spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi press conference Irak reactor: in next 10 days, we will pass 300 kilograms limit of stockpile uranium within JCPOA (Iran nuclear deal)

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/06/17/598718/Iran-uranium-enrichment-Kamalvandi

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Just about sums it up

US-Iran standoff 2019- - Page 11 D9Wnx5qUcAAQTO_
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:22 pm

Rouhani: Iran Will Not Wage War Against Any Nation
    Pompeo: US Forces in Persian Gulf Just a Deterrent
    Top EU Adviser Blames US for Iran Tensions
    Europeans Plan New Iran Push but May Be Nearing End of Diplomatic Road
    Senators Demand Trump Explain Decision to Deploy Troops Amid Iran Tensions
    1,000 More Troops to Middle East: The Pentagon Is a Rudderless Ship Caught in a Storm
    Russia, China Warn US Over Sending 1,000 New Troops to Gulf
    Here's the Firepower the US Has Moved Into the Gulf Region Amid Iran Threats
    Don't Expect the US to Secure Arabian Gulf Shipping Alone, Top General Says

https://www.antiwar.com/
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:15 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/19/iraq-rocket-attack-basra-injured-foreign-oil-companies

HUMPTY DUMPTY TRUMPTY SAT ON A WALL......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UAHGDh3EglA
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Floating a tact strike... lots of chatter, lots of meetings. They'll need another cacus belli attack (false flag or otherwise) to go for it (tipping point) while the ground is being fertilized at the Pentagon as we speak.

That "leak" with "U.N" sources thus become more or less an intentionally planted story not necessarily too full of sh1t - besides the obvious nature of it.

Yet to see whether we're seeing the mimicking of actual planning (going through all the motions that would tick off all the right boxes for foreign spies to qualify the threat as real, erdo not bluff) being part of a strategy to get Iran to soften up...

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:57 pm

The MIC must continue making $Bs off Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, & Israel. It could also be that they want Trump to fail in Iran (the US 100% will not win, just like in NE/SE Asia & Afghanistan) & lose the 2020 election- killing 2 birds with 1 stone!

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:52 pm

Much more at link

Jeff Bezos' blog, the Washington Post, has some bits on the discussion and infighting in the Trump administration about the march towards war on Iran. The piece opens with news of a new redline the Trump administration set out:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has privately delivered warnings intended for Iranian leaders that any attack by Tehran or its proxies resulting in the death of even one American service member will generate a military counterattack, U.S. officials said.

While such attacks were common during the Iraq War, Pompeo told Iraqi leaders in a message he knew would be relayed to Tehran that a single American fatality would prompt the United States to hit back.

That warning was sent in May when Pompeo visited Baghdad. The issue may soon become critical.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/06/how-john-bolton-controls-the-administration.html#more
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:56 pm

..a single American fatality would prompt the United States to hit back.
    which will lead to more American fatalities as the Iranians won't turn the other cheek.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:02 am

ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    ·
    58m
    #UPDATE: Reports from Houthi official media claim the attack target was the Shuqaiq Water & Electrical Company, this power plant is approx 100km north of Jizan City in southern Saudi Arabia

ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    ·
    1h
    #UPDATE: The projectile launched by the Houthis is likely the Iranian-made ‘Soumar’ cruise missile, more details on this missile can be found below—->

I posted this in yemeni thread but intersting part is that it was a show off of iran capabilities to hit key targets by using proxies. In iraq they could give this weapon to militias to hit US bases and in Syria to Hezbollah to hit Israeli nuclear plants. Or just like they did hours ago they could hit key industrial places like oil fields or water producing plants which would be horrific for gulf countries.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:03 am

So pretty much setup for certain war?

I do have to say that I am quite impressed with this dedication to starting a war.

I have no idea what's​ so important in Iran that requires something like this. I know about oil and bad blood over Beirut and CIA staff in Tehran but Iran is massive and just holding one province would take so much manpower that USA would have to reinstitute the draft.

I mean, I am all for it mostly because I am curious to see how the whole thing will play out (stuff like this doesn't happen every decade) but I can't say I am not dumbfounded over sheer dedication to this approach.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 am

PapaDragon wrote:

I have no idea what's​ so important in Iran that requires something like this. I know about oil and bad blood over Beirut and CIA staff in Tehran but Iran is massive and just holding one province would take so much manpower that USA would have to reinstitute the draft.

I think, as much as anything it is about the strategic location of Iran and the desperation of the US to stifle at birth any new integrated power block on the Eurasian mainland, Iran being important to the Belt and Road Chinese initiative.

On top of that Israel wants to eliminate it as a potential power rival in the ME, preferably by letting the US do it on their behalf.

Also, Iran is one of the half dozen countries outside the BIS central bank cartel.

All this means that the number one priority is to not allow Iran to grow in economic power and bombing it back to the stone age is one way to do that. The problem being of course that were the US to attempt that the collateral damage to their own assets in the ME and to Israel would be catastrophic.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:53 am

JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

I think, as much as anything it is about the strategic location of Iran and the desperation of the US to stifle at birth any new integrated power block on the Eurasian mainland, Iran being important to the Belt and Road Chinese initiative.

On top of that Israel wants to eliminate it as a potential power rival in the ME, preferably by letting the US do it on their behalf....

Yeah but USA is risking losing arm and a leg here. Iran is not Afghanistan or Iraq.

Hell, even when USA were bombing us here in Serbia they were still 2300% off in their estimate. And we are nobodies with zero resources and supplies. Iran is polar opposite.

Iran has territory, military, population, oil, position, everything. And they are borderline religious fanatics on top.

All Iran has to do is not drop the ball in the first week and they will be changing the course of human history.

USA is gambling big time here. They don't even have the coalition in place yet to soak up the damage.

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:03 am

The US may just nuke Iran to save what's left of it. Persia was a proverbial giant on the feet of clay since the time of Alexander. The Arabs & Turks conquered & the Russians truncated it. Unless Russia & China intervene like in Syria & Venezuela, all bets r off.
    Manov
    Manov

Post  Manov Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:32 am

Iran will prevail at the end, the US will not have the stomach for a full war and it will be tempted to nuke it if it can´t win fast enough. After that, nobody knows, but if this war happens it will be the last straw in the US camel back. Of course the US will be rapidly victorious in an air war, but on land, it will be a carnage. Iran is not just any little piece of sh!t country, it is a former Empire, one of the most great civilizations the world has ever seen and its people is full of resources and knowledgement. Do not understimate them, some people here are so full of their rascism and superiority complex that they cant see what is in front of them (very like the hubris of the US).
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:32 am

After what they did to Serbia from the air, effecting a regime change, why should we even discuss ground invasion? All they need to do is support their proxies with Saudi/UAE $. After a few years of civil war & w/o external help Iran will implode. Or so the thinking in some Washington quarters goes.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:20 am

Looks like Iran shot down a Global Hawk

BREAKING: U.S. Navy MQ-4C Triton high-altitude drone shot down by Iranian surface-to-air missile this evening over Strait of Hormuz in international airspace: U.S. official

US-Iran standoff 2019- - Page 11 156411505
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:00 am

That's what Russia should have done with those US drones flying near its borders from the begining.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:28 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-iran-drone-shot-down-strait-hormuz-trump-tensions-latest-a8966591.html%3famp

I hate it , I hate it , I hate it ! Why oh why , do modern planes have no pilots ? So Iranians can capture him or her , and shined light in their eyes and let them  be on trials  on TV ,for spying and then put them in Bamboo  cage , waist  deep in human excrement . Like McCain's  . Traumatized  for rest of his life .

Iranians  will not looose this war . They will remain prominent  force in ME .  And sanctions will be lifted . The yanks stated aim for war , is not real reason for this war . They know they have no chance to win . The real aims is to sell guns . Plain and simple . And do some damage . But this is no hit and run .  Not like before .Any attack will bring retaliation and prolonged shut down of oil . Go bring them  ( warmongers  )  to knees .

It is better for Yank pilot to get PTSD , before going back to USA .  No , not post traumatic ! But pre - traumatic stress disorder ! The kind that gives sleeplessness  and the runs ! Just report sick before flight ! Get dishonorable discharge . Better than getting post traumatic .....

Last edited by nomadski on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    yavar

Post  yavar Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 am

Iran IRGC Chief Major Gen. Salami: our Air defense has shot down U.S. MQ-4C Triton Global Hawk drone UAV

Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has shot down an intruding American spy drone in the country’s southeastern coastal province

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/06/20/598942/Iran-IRGC-US-spy-drone

A US military drone has been shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile while in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, US officials say. One official told Reuters news agency the drone was a US Navy MQ-4C Triton.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mideast-iran-usa/iran-shoots-down-us-military-drone-in-gulf-region-idUKKCN1TL07U

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Bloody thing costs more than a F-35.

What makes it so expensive?
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:43 pm

flamming_python wrote:Bloody thing costs more than a F-35.

Willingness to make the taxpayers pay lot of dollars so that they have only enough to eat and dream about the "american dream".
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:49 pm

flamming_python wrote:Bloody thing costs more than a F-35.

Global Hawk easily pushes $200 million a piece! Ridiculous I know!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:14 am