Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+39
Viktor
Austin
sepheronx
RTN
Flyingdutchman
As Sa'iqa
par far
arpakola
higurashihougi
NationalRus
NickM
Mindstorm
Mike E
Vann7
George1
MotherlandCalls
Regular
KomissarBojanchev
syxthtysyxthsyx
fragmachine
zino
medo
TheArmenian
collegeboy16
mutantsushi
Firebird
navyfield
dino00
TR1
Asf
AlfaT8
Morpheus Eberhardt
Cyberspec
zg18
GarryB
Zivo
Werewolf
macedonian
magnumcromagnon
43 posters

Russian Economy General News: #2

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Russian Economy General News: #2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

Post  Werewolf Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:53 pm

sepheronx wrote:Well, regardless what they do now, sounds like CBR is now under investigation. If there are any discrepencies, I imagine there are people going to be charged. I agree with you werewolf, CB needs to be federalized. I never understood why a countries CB, which controls the currency of the nation, and interest rates, is allowed to be private? Also, they own the largest forex bank of Russia, Sberbank. (Well, over 50% of it).

Hooefully, they find discrepencies that will force them to intervene. Or, make CB a pointless organization by creating another entity to smother out CB. Recognize the currency of another CB.

That was made under Jelzin the Drunk because his western "Partners" told him so. Almost every single country on earth is bound by Bretton woods because US has installed so many puppets even in Russia during Jelzin ERA, where CIA where going in and out in the Kreml and have even had access to KGB headquarters. I remeber in a documentary don't know exactly if it was about tanks or helicopters but there was a mention that the KGB general resigned because Jelzin administration has ordered him to let CIA agents into the KGB, he first dismissed it and asked what bad joke this is and than he was threatened to let them in or he would find someone who would, so he resigned from his position.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Economy General News: #2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #2

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Well, regardless what they do now, sounds like CBR is now under investigation. If there are any discrepencies, I imagine there are people going to be charged. I agree with you werewolf, CB needs to be federalized. I never understood why a countries CB, which controls the currency of the nation, and interest rates, is allowed to be private? Also, they own the largest forex bank of Russia, Sberbank. (Well, over 50% of it).

Hooefully, they find discrepencies that will force them to intervene. Or, make CB a pointless organization by creating another entity to smother out CB. Recognize the currency of another CB.

That was made under Jelzin the Drunk because his western "Partners" told him so. Almost every single country on earth is bound by Bretton woods because US has installed so many puppets even in Russia during Jelzin ERA, where CIA where going in and out in the Kreml and have even had access to KGB headquarters. I remeber in a documentary don't know exactly if it was about tanks or helicopters but there was a mention that the KGB general resigned because Jelzin administration has ordered him to let CIA agents into the KGB, he first dismissed it and asked what bad joke this is and than he was threatened to let them in or he would find someone who would, so he resigned from his position.

Well, glad the drunk loser is dead. At leastnow they cab try to fix all his wrongs.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:08 pm

http://m.rbth.com/business/2014/11/03/russian_airlines_ask_for_financial_help_41011.html

Screw them. If they are failing due to piss poor business tactics, let them die. Or let them reorganize after a bankruptsy.

It was their fault for getting foreign loans to buy foreign planes and only become reliant on long distance travels. Instead, they should be looking more at close distant travels and buy Russian aircrafts or western but with Russian loans.

Let them default, sell their jets, and get new sukhoi superjets or Tu-204sm's and let someone else do the flying.

RBTH sounding more and more like anotger western news piece. They cant get their facts right. Reason why travel agencies are going under now is due to scrupulous activities. Hotels claimed being booked when they werent, flights claimed being booked when they werent.

Sounds like RBTH is crying for crooks. When instead, these people either should be behind bars or their companies go under.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:13 pm

After what Austin posted about CB plans (use some forex to help ruble and possibly use gold to buy imports), Ruble dropped another 2%.

Lol oh well, maybe heads will roll in CB.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 pm

sepheronx wrote:After what Austin posted about CB plans (use some forex to help ruble and possibly use gold to buy imports), Ruble dropped another 2%.

That smells more like an attempt of giving US russian gold if they are seriously trying to use Gold for ruble.

I hope not only heads will roll but also some tanks right into the CB and show them who is the man in the house.

The 20th and 21st century it is private Central Banks that are not obligated to serve the country they are printing money for and what is next century a private army that can be bought by anyone and will act against the country it is formed by?

This insanity has to stop and no more soft talk or bail outs, just jailing for traitor and enemy of the state, federalizing of the CB and rewriting constitution and the article that says the CB is private and is not obligated to serve RF.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Massive  thumbsup

Medvedev: about 50 thousand hectares of gardens will be planted in the North Caucasus Federal District until 2020

Nice 

Finance Ministry: Russian reserve fund for October rose by 9.6%
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Werewolf wrote:The 20th and 21st century it is private Central Banks that are not obligated to serve the country they are printing money for and what is next century a private army that can be bought by anyone and will act against the country it is formed by?
    During the Middle Ages Europe had no standing armies but instead relied on private feudal levies. During the Renessainse mercenary armies were more popular than at any point before or after.

And the world still worked.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:39 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:The 20th and 21st century it is private Central Banks that are not obligated to serve the country they are printing money for and what is next century a private army that can be bought by anyone and will act against the country it is formed by?
    During the Middle Ages Europe had no standing armies but instead relied on private feudal levies. During the Renessainse mercenary armies were more popular than at any point before or after.

Yes worked great with Churched owned state and military with crusades and constant war, great times these were.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:

Then how do you explain Albrecht Von Wallenstein's execution if you think mercenaries are so reliable? What about all of the Hessian defections during the Revolutionary War? Or all the legal hot-water Blackwater/Xe has been recently experiencing?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:After what Austin posted about CB plans (use some forex to help ruble and possibly use gold to buy imports), Ruble dropped another 2%.

That smells more like an attempt of giving US russian gold if they are seriously trying to use Gold for ruble.

I hope not only heads will roll but also some tanks right into the CB and show them who is the man in the house.

The 20th and 21st century it is private Central Banks that are not obligated to serve the country they are printing money for and what is next century a private army that can be bought by anyone and will act against the country it is formed by?

This insanity has to stop and no more soft talk or bail outs, just jailing for traitor and enemy of the state, federalizing of the CB and rewriting constitution and the article that says the CB is private and is not obligated to serve RF.

That is what I was thinking. Trying to give Russian gold away. Good thing is, Russia is filled with gold and I think there are still plenty of untapped mines. I think CB should not be in charge of gold reserves. Actually, CB should not be in charge of anything other than making sure banks are somewhat in line. The rest should be based on market itself and the banks/government (Government should have gold reserve, and each bank should have their own, which I think they already do).

But the investigation will go underway. Hopefully this is the pretext of dealing with CB.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:07 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

That is what I was thinking. Trying to give Russian gold away. Good thing is, Russia is filled with gold and I think there are still plenty of untapped mines. I think CB should not be in charge of gold reserves. Actually, CB should not be in charge of anything other than making sure banks are somewhat in line. The rest should be based on market itself and the banks/government (Government should have gold reserve, and each bank should have their own, which I think they already do).

But the investigation will go underway. Hopefully this is the pretext of dealing with CB.

Let's hope Glazyev puts the stake in the heart of the vampire. The monetarists will do anything to please and satisfy their Anglo Saxon masters, even if that means destroying Russia from within.
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:00 am

Central Bank Says Speculators Push Ruble's Value Down

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/central-bank-says-speculators-push-ruble-s-value-down/510717.html
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Austin wrote:

Central Bank Says Speculators Push Ruble's Value Down

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/central-bank-says-speculators-push-ruble-s-value-down/510717.html

Even though that's 'The Moscow Times' the Finnish equivalent of 'The Sun' or 'The National Enquirer', the idea that speculators are waging a concerted attack on the Rouble is something I've been stating for months now. I'll put a 75% chance George Soros owned hedge funds ran the speculative attack.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:41 pm

As I been saying, they can speculate the Ruble to a billion rubles for 1 USD. In the end, it will not matter, especially when they dump USD as a trading and reserve currency. What is important now, especially after the deals Russia has pushed with China, is the Ruble to Renmimbi. Reason is, China is Russia's main exporter of basic consumer goods, and this is where it will matter. Currently, it is 7:1 meaning 7 Rubles for 1 Yuan. Making it less expensive for Russians to purchase basic consumer goods from China vs west.

What will Russia lose out in? Well, cheap food (due to EU farm subsidies), credit from west, and certain technologies. But when you look at most of the tech coming from west, it houses Chinese components as Europe doesnt really produce them anymore, as Ireland is now running behind in the semi conductor field compared to Asia (and that is Europes main developer of IC). Now Russian businesses will either have to deal with high interest rate, long term loans, or use their own savings. As for tech, either create their own or use Chinese and Taiwanese.

All this will do is just hurt trade between Russia and west, but trade will stay the same for Russia and many other countries. At least Russia is now technically getting even more Rubles for their oil and gas. It just hurts inflation (depending if items are imported or not).
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Might I suggest to people to start buying silver currency now or soon? Speculators are saying it will drop further but it cant drop infinitely as Silver has industrial and tech use and will always have a value more than any fiat currency.

As of right now, US mint ran out of silver dollars as in 2 days, sold over 2 million of it. They may raise the additional charges for silver dollars due to this.

I will start purchasing next paycheque.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Russia and especially China needs to establish a economy and currency raiting agency and adjust the raiting of western countries to what they really are some substandard raiting of FIAT money printing like crazy that is actually a hyperinflation but due the raiting agencies they can cover that up and influence economies and invenstors with bad or good raitings.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:04 pm

Ruble goes down INTENTIONALLY by RCB! When oil inevitably goes up again to 100 $/barrel pretty soon (IMO Q2 2015) then inflation and interest rates will be high and Russian economy will start to rally. If there was a real attack to the Ruble then MICEX would had been in trouble. You don't know too much about economy, do you guys? Volatility is great and everything is fine, average Joe will suck for the time being but hey this are suckers anyway! tongue
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Ruble goes down INTENTIONALLY by RCB! When oil inevitably goes up again to 100 $/barrel pretty soon (IMO Q2 2015) then inflation and interest rates will be high and Russian economy will start to rally. If there was a real attack to the Ruble then MICEX would had been in trouble. You don't know too much about economy, do you guys? Volatility is great and everything is fine, average Joe will suck for the time being but hey this are suckers anyway! tongue

I understand the lower of ruble will make them more dependent on themselves but more money from oil and gas sales,but high interest rates are bad.
    Rmf
    Rmf

Post  Rmf Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:38 pm

Lets relax and think, the west are trying different short term methods to apply pressure...
    Russian central bank should have stayed cool and actually lowered interest rates so rubble would be in more demand ,especially sinse western credit option is drying up...
    The biggest challenge is on the unconventional oil producers here ,shale & tar sands , we will see Q4 financial results in 2 months, and i prognose it will go red.
    Its highly doubtfull todays Saudi Arabia can increase its production and keep it going ,like it did in the 80s...
    so today, the game is different.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Q4 GDP +0.6% bet you on this!
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 am

Rmf wrote:Lets relax and think, the west are trying different short term methods to apply pressure...
    Russian central bank should have stayed cool and actually lowered interest rates so rubble would be in more demand ,especially sinse western credit option is drying up...
    The biggest challenge is on the unconventional oil producers here ,shale & tar sands , we will see Q4 financial results in 2 months, and i prognose it will go red.
    Its highly doubtfull todays Saudi Arabia can increase its production and keep it going ,like it did in the 80s...
    so today, the game is different.

This is an excellent point about the CBR. It is run by monetarist idiots who show their incompetence day in and day out.
    In a climate of capital starvation worrying about simple price inflation is retarded. In fact, Russia has the ability to engage
    in its own QE variant. It could print rubles to be used by foreigners to buy Russian oil and gas. This would have basically
    zero inflationary pressure and would act like a strong governor on the exchange rate of the ruble with western currencies.
    Soros and other vermin would not be able to counteract this governor since they do not have hundreds of billions of dollars
    just to play against the ruble.

Putin must make sure the CBR is purged of Kudrin-like maggots before he leaves office. He has the popularity to clean
    house. His successor may be too weak. Russia needs proactive financial policy and not a repetition of the 1990s where
    it followed snake oil advice from monetarist witch doctors.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:10 pm

https://www.facebook.com/HuyPhuc1981NB/posts/1527675764146467:0

Huy Phúc wrote:The "free world" is blabbering about the decreasing of rouble value, and claimed that Russian economy is collapsing. Oh yeah, but the truth is Russian economy is rising. Industrial and manufacturing sector in 2014 certainly can achieve the rise of 4-5%.

The "achievement" that Russia cannot fathom the West is that, the unimaginable public debt of 100%, 150%, 200%... 100-200% public debt means that annual interest is at least 5%-10% GDP. Near the brink of bankrupt. That means these goverments have two option: they welsh on the public debt, or they are destroyed by the people and then dead goverments do not need to pay the debt anymore.

With the current situation, the tragic fate of the glorious economy of the West and its Asian allies like Japan is a serious threat. That is the reason why the West was so happy when their economy manage to escape negative growth rate.

Rouble value decreasing is natural, that is the reason why Russia will not suffer the economic depression due to "bubble", like Vietnam in 2012 or Turkey, Greece in 2008-2010. In more detail, in 2013 the flow of investment into Russia was skyscraping, and much of it are short-term "bubble" FDI investment, After wrecking havoc in Turkey and Greece, the short-term investment bubble turned to Russia in 2013. However, suddenly a crisis occured in Ukraina. The bubble quickly flat down even when they had not bloated yet. Actually Moskva used that crisis to cleansed the investment flow, retained the good, reliable fund and kick the bubble away. The decreasing value of rouble is very favourable for Russian manufacturing sector, because decreasing value means the ones who hold money will suffer, meanwhile the one who create products will smile. Devaluating the currecncy is one of the tactics used for increase the exporting competitiveness in short term. Meanwhile, the owner of "bubble" investment who bought rouble in 2013 with high price, now they have to sell the rouble with low price.

So you can see that, the devaluation of rouble in 2014 is natural, in 2013 it rose and in 2014 it decreased like the shape of a wave. Moskva used a painful face when annoucing the news to the People, but then they coldly stated that rouble will continue to decrease 30% further. And 120 bil USD of FDI bubble was kicked out of Russia.

Meanwhile in the glorious and civilized West... people massively protest against the saction at Russia. They burned the regional goverment building in France, they burned EU flags. The farmer throw unsellable farm produce to the street, throw cattle feces to the road, right at the maginificant capital city of Paris.

EU does not feel pain ? OK, how about the French shipbuilder protest and throw the Mistral ship to your own parliament building ? The West, you see, took 120 bil USD of FDI from Russia but that didn't help.

The very reason for this crisis is still the same old story of 193x. The West's competitiveness is losing its advantage to BRICS, their products is heavily threaten by BRICS. But instead of do something to improve the competitiveness, the West shut down their gates and impose sanction in order to cover their weak competitiveness. And the competitiveness, therefore, is decreasing and decreasing toghether with the process of jerking off.

And as you can see, similar things happened in 193x and the imevitable results is the period of exploding and bombing in 1939-1945.

Marx is very very correct about the nature of imperialism. The imperial powers are suffering from the decrease of competitiveness and the increasing obsoleteness and senescence, but they refuse to give up your authority, therefore the whole economy go down with them. Rise and fall is natural, everybody will eventually die somday, but tragically there are still a huge number of fools who crazily and desperately want to be immortal. And there are old, aging conglomerates who have already reach the end of their life... but still desperately cling to their meaningless existence.
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:20 pm

US dollar, euro surge to new record highs vs Russian ruble
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Nice thumbsup

Timchenko: Chinese banks are willing to finance the "Yamal LNG" worth more than $ 10 billion
    Austin

Post  Austin Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:58 am

Read on ria today some banks are running out of USD and Euro and have imposed limit on the transaction.

Seems like Rouble is facing a very difficult time .Markets are panicking.

The peak need for USD would be in Dec and Russian Reserves today is at 428 Billion USD.

Hopefully by End of Dec Rouble Stabalises and CBR end the year with $400 billion Reserves.

Keeping Fingers Crossed

Dont want to see 1998 like situation

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 am