Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
JohninMK
Book.
Flagship Victory
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Manov
Walther von Oldenburg
berhoum
Khepesh
Dima
rambo54
putinboss
max steel
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Vann7
Battalion0415
d_taddei2
Behrooz
Mig25
par far
G Bob
Petro007
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
mutantsushi
arpakola
collegeboy16
zino
magnumcromagnon
nelsa1412
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
crod
sinopak
Firebird
sheytanelkebir
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
Deep Throat
connect2raza
macedonian
sepheronx
mack8
NationalRus
Pyrrus
flamming_python
dino00
Mindstorm
Werewolf
George1
Leutenant_LT_Smash
NickM
Corrosion
medo
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
ricky123
As Sa'iqa
SOC
Austin
Cyberspec
Regular
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Viktor
Sujoy
TR1
gaurav
MIG31
chenzhao
Palestinian
Sunehvm
KomissarBojanchev
Admin
Kysusha
Draco
Snow Leopard
Zivo
GarryB
Russian Patriot
89 posters

Syrian Civil War: News

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 24 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News

Post  flamming_python Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 pm

George1 wrote:No clear winner after 3 years

Lithuania seems to be making some progress in the north  clown 
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Some SAA SF. They somehow remind me of Ghost from CoD: MW2
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 24 GHt5oaH
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:20 pm

Al Nusra Emir caught while trying to flee dressed as a woman  Very Happy 

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 24 Ps3vlvX

Now I know Syrian Army will take special "care" about this one and after Syrian army finishes with him, he will look like a face only a mother could love ... also Damscus could

experience electricity shortage  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Viktor wrote:Al Nusra Emir caught while trying to flee dressed as a woman  Very Happy 

Now I know Syrian Army will take special "care" about this one and after Syrian army finishes with him, he will look like a face only a mother could love ... also Damscus could

Really no news that this terrorist scum tries to flee from a controlled and closed area in women clothes, but that one even made his lips shiny for some saudi sheikh.
     Razz
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Al Nusra Emir caught while trying to flee dressed as a woman  Very Happy 

Really no news that this terrorist scum tries to flee from a controlled and closed area in women clothes, but that one even made his lips shiny for some saudi sheikh.
     Razz

Come on man! Give the Saudi's some lack, their sheikhs have standards...the mistresses they enjoy are rated 10 on the age scale. Laughing
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Werewolf wrote:Really no news that this terrorist scum tries to flee from a controlled and closed area in women clothes, but that one even made his lips shiny for some saudi sheikh.
     Razz

Apparently Ebu Anes Al Zahabe has been caught on a checkpoint (Aljusyh)by Syrian Army while trying to leave the country.

LINK (use translator)

This, of course, is not the first time terrorst are caught dressed up like a women.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Chechen terrorists did the same when some village or city was surrounded by russian forces.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Werewolf wrote:Chechen terrorists did the same when some village or city was surrounded by russian forces.

Would stand out immediately in that case. Chechen women are not known for wearing the niqab I believe.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:04 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Chechen terrorists did the same when some village or city was surrounded by russian forces.

Would stand out immediately in that case. Chechen women are not known for wearing the niqab I believe.

It's become more common in past ten years. Islamic tradition and all, all women have to be covered up when they walk around Grozny. Not necessarily the full traditional niqb, but nonetheless covered enough that you could probably hide easily as a man.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Did anyone else find it funny that the terror-tranny was wearing pink underwear? I think he's been down the cross-dressing road once before, he just need the perfect excuse lol! Embarassed 
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:00 am

Maybe he lifes by the maxim "If you do something do ir right or let it be".
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 am

TR1 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

It's become more common in past ten years. Islamic tradition and all, all women have to be covered up when they walk around Grozny. Not necessarily the full traditional niqb, but nonetheless covered enough that you could probably hide easily as a man.

I would imagine so but we're talking about 10-15 years ago if not more; I've never seen any pics or video footage of Chechen women in anything more than a headscarf.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:30 am

I don't remember which documentary i've seen where soldiers and OMON units have stated in interview that when they siege a city or village with chechen terrorists after a while they try to sneak out in women clothes among those civilians who are trying to get out of the city before anything happens.

And it isn't necessary that all women have to be covered in nqib or whatever that just one has justification to be dressed as women to get out. Majority are covering their heads like babushkas with a piece of fabrique and hold a scarfs or other fabriques infornt of their face, most men shave themselfs obviously and try to walk like and old women to hide their menly shape.
    They also try to flee from the cities when there are real big amount of people trying to get out to take panic among civilians as their chance.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:13 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if chechens did that. They used to be crafty opponents. Hehe but I imagine them looking like Vera Serdyuchka, talking shyte with heavy caucasian accent :-D
    You are forgeting Chechen babulkas. big headscarf, baggy dress, stick and that's it, no one would recognize You from certain distance. Especially if You do that creapy walk.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Very Happy  another one but this time from Iraq

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 24 NO1Me7y
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:17 pm

hahaha... Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 
    SOHR wrote:Approximately 700 people killed in 9 days of intense clashes and executions between the ISIS forces against islamist and rebel battalions

697 people have been killed between Friday 3/1/2014, when the clashes began, and midnight of Saturday 11/1/2014. The victims include 100 civilians, 21 were executed by the ISIS fighters in the children hospital in Qadi Askar neighbourhood of Aleppo and 1 executed by an anfamous rebel battalion in the Meyser neighbourhood, the rest were killed in the crossfire during the clashes.

351 combatants from the islamist and non-islamist rebel battalions, killed during the clashes, car bombs, and attacks on vehicles in the provinces of Aleppo, Raqqah, Hama, Homs and Idlib. 53 of them were executed by ISIS forces, 21 of them in the children's hospital of Aleppo.

246 ISIS fighters were also amongst those killed. 56 of them, as well as members of Jund al-Aqsa, were summarily executed by rebels in the Jabal al-Zawiya area of Reef Idlib, as confirmed by medical and local sources, while the others were killed by clashes.

Worryingly the fate of hundreds of detainees taken months and weeks ago by the ISIS are still unknown. Also unknown is the fate of hundreds of ISIS captives.

There are definite reports that the ISIS executed tens of civilians and rebels held in the ISIS detention centres. Reports that several other ISIS fighters have been executed by the rebels, particularly in Idlib province.

We at the SOHR renew our oath to the Syrian people that we will continue to document, verify and publish all human rights abuses and war crimes committed in our country by any and all sides. We will work tirelessly so that all those responsible for such crimes will have sufficient files so that they will be prosecuted in the relevant international courts.

We again call on the International Organisations and Community to not suffice with press statements, they must also work to end the conflict in Syria that is causing daily war crimes to be committed. A ceasefire is needed to stop the Syrian regime, which is indiscriminately using all forms of weaponry in heavily populated areas, and to stop those that are committing war crimes under the guise of assisting the Syrian people.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Pretty much FREE FOR ALL like it was foretold by some of us here.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Viktor wrote:Very Happy  another one but this time from Iraq

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 24 NO1Me7y

Facial expressions of them are just priceless  Laughing  
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:11 pm

hahahahahhahahahhahaha desperation from the Saudis and the West. Just got this as a youtube commercial prior to a video.
    You gotta love this quote: In 1:30 says "Allah is greater than Assad, Iran, China, Russia together" yeah my friend but you bet instead to
    Saudis, Americunts and HIsrael, so take this!  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz 
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Looks like the Syrian Su-24's have undergone an overhaul and upgrade in Russia recently...

The Su-24 represents the most modern and main strike element of the Syrian Arab Air Force (SyAAF). They have taken an active part in the Syrian civil war since November 2012. While most of the SyAAF attack aircraft are already worn out and struggling to cope with the high demands, the Su-24's just received a full factory overhaul in Russia, ensuring they can maintain a high operational tempo.

Syria and her recently upgraded Su-24's - parts 1 and 2

1. http://spioenkop.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/syria-and-her-recently-upgraded-su-24s.html

2. http://spioenkop.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/syria-and-her-recently-upgraded-su-24s-2.html

Hannibal Barca wrote:"Allah is greater than Assad, Iran, China, Russia together" yeah my friend but you bet instead to
    Saudis, Americunts and HIsrael, so take this! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Good one
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:32 am

What I want to know is why by this point, so many years into the war (and with obvious Russian deliveries to the government) they have not ordered something like a "ready-to-weld" RPG screen or combined slat + ERA screen for BMPs and Tanks.

They clearly are not lacking in the vehicle park, and ERA cassettes are cheap and plentiful, but even the latter are still mounted on typical (and bad for prolonged urban combat ) T-72 skirts. I would think Syria would be desperate for some solution to common anti tank weapons, and UVZ competent enough to realize something like that needs to be developed.

They already have the BMPT type side screens, not to mention the Urban T-72 kit.
    Something for BMPs would be logical too.
    zino
    zino

Post  zino Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:47 am

Hannibal Barca wrote:
    hahahahahhahahahhahaha desperation from the Saudis and the West. Just got this as a youtube commercial prior to a video.
    You gotta love this quote: In 1:30 says "Allah is greater than Assad, Iran, China, Russia together" yeah my friend but you bet instead to
    Saudis, Americunts and HIsrael, so take this!  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz   

I feel only sadness watching this video. It's something about the poor people. Or whatever. Or perhaps i'm wrong. Anything but justice. The horror of the civil war. Nothing to laugh about that. The man in that video is right: "is he a leader?" How can a leader kill his own people? It's not his fault, it the fault of all the arab nations". Syria is something new in the everyday horror. I can't deal with it. I remember the RAU times. And the Kabul photos from the 70'. What a shame! Sorry for getting emotional. I see here only a poor man with the horror in his eyes...
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:18 am

zino wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:

I feel only sadness watching this video. It's something about the poor people. Or whatever. Or perhaps i'm wrong. Anything but justice. The horror of the civil war. Nothing to laugh about that. The man in that video is right: "is he a leader?" How can a leader kill his own people? It's not his fault, it the fault of all the arab nations". Syria is something new in the everyday horror. I can't deal with it. I remember the RAU times. And the Kabul photos from the 70'. What a shame! Sorry for getting emotional. I see here only a poor man with the horror in his eyes...

Yes, I don't find anything funny or anything to be cheering about either.

It's a shitshow for the civilians and Syrians in general whatever way you put it.

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:21 am

zino wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:

And this is a completely wrong notion of yours. You see the big thing about the video is not the video itself but the fact that it was a youtube commercial for God's sake!!
    And it is there not because someone is suffering, which we are all guessing that is happening en mass in every civil war,
    but because this particular guy very emotionally charges Assad for his suffering and this is tragic and hilarious in the same time.

It is tragic because someone is suffering nevertheless, the identity of whom we don't know, but we do know that for every person suffering there for actions the Syrian government did
    there are disproportionally more people that are suffering due to the rebels, the invaders, the radical Islamist s, the Jews and the warmonger Westerners.

It is also hilarious because those rats like the Americunts who trade innocent people with no integrity whatsoever, when they face defeat, or when they face opponents comparable to their size and not weak and defenseless victims, have no balls to accept the defeat but cry like babies and lose their pride not minding to expose their desperation so blatantly.

Those who hate the very thought of war, at least should gain courage when thinking the good laugh they gonna have in the end with the Yankees impotency.
    Always nice to see them with a bloody nose  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:01 am

TR1 wrote:What I want to know is why by this point, so many years into the war (and with obvious Russian deliveries to the government) they have not ordered something like a "ready-to-weld" RPG screen or combined slat + ERA screen for BMPs and Tanks.

Yeah it's strange. They can even get that sort of stuff from Iran as well. Maybe they don't consider it a priority item.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:38 am