Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
JohninMK
Book.
Flagship Victory
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Manov
Walther von Oldenburg
berhoum
Khepesh
Dima
rambo54
putinboss
max steel
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Vann7
Battalion0415
d_taddei2
Behrooz
Mig25
par far
G Bob
Petro007
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
mutantsushi
arpakola
collegeboy16
zino
magnumcromagnon
nelsa1412
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
crod
sinopak
Firebird
sheytanelkebir
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
Deep Throat
connect2raza
macedonian
sepheronx
mack8
NationalRus
Pyrrus
flamming_python
dino00
Mindstorm
Werewolf
George1
Leutenant_LT_Smash
NickM
Corrosion
medo
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
ricky123
As Sa'iqa
SOC
Austin
Cyberspec
Regular
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Viktor
Sujoy
TR1
gaurav
MIG31
chenzhao
Palestinian
Sunehvm
KomissarBojanchev
Admin
Kysusha
Draco
Snow Leopard
Zivo
GarryB
Russian Patriot
89 posters

Syrian Civil War: News

Zivo
    Zivo

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 16 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News

Post  Zivo Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:24 am

Regular wrote:It's an End game for Assad.  Was CW his job or not - it doesn't matter. Western countries see what they want to see.
    They wont do anything without UNSC authorization.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:44 am

Zivo wrote:
    Regular wrote:It's an End game for Assad.  Was CW his job or not - it doesn't matter. Western countries see what they want to see.
    Since what they do care about UNSC ?!
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 am

ahmedfire wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    Since what they do care about UNSC ?!
    When their credibility is on the line.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:11 pm

zivo wrote:When their credibility is on the line
    Since when U.S and her allies do care about credibility ? oh since iraq NUKES ?!
    nemrod
    nemrod

Post  nemrod Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:40 pm

After 70 years of terror, and terrorism, it is chieftly the end of games for US military power, du to their upcoming bankrupcy.
    US cannot afford a new war.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 pm

When their credibility is on the line
    When the US runs out of credibility it will just print more... money buys everything.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:28 pm

GarryB wrote:
    When the US runs out of credibility it will just print more... money buys everything.
    Nice post. Sums up everything.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    GarryB wrote:
    Nice post. Sums up everything.
    Not quite, I'm afraid.
    I'm sorry to say but Russia has a LOT to lose here if America attacks Syria (reputation wise).
    I can only hope that the Kremlin has some contingency plans, and surprises the world bully this time...
    If NOT - as much as I hate to say it - America will not be the winner, as much as Russia will be the looser...
    Perhaps that's even the reason why this is all happening. Not the single reason, but a main reason...
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Trying to shoot injured tank crewman while he is visibly WIA and incapable of engaging You... Looks really brave. It's not double-tapping and putting him out of his misery. It's goddamn stupidity especially when it takes 10 minutes to hit that damn guy. Monkeys with assault rifles
    connect2raza

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 16 Empty SYRIA ND RUSSIA STRATEGIC PARTNERS

Post  connect2raza Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:13 pm

RUSSIA SHOULD GIVE SYRIA S-400 AIR DEFENCE SYSTEMS 2 PROTECT SYRIA FROM AMERICAN ATTACK DUE 2 WHICH CIA REBELS CARRIED OUT FALSE FLAG CHEMICAL ATTACK IN SYRIA ND THEN BLAME IT ON SYRIAN GOVERNMENT JUST LIKE THESE AMERICAN THUGS DID IN IRAQ ND LIBYA NOW THEY WANT 2 ATTACK SYRIA. RUSSIA SHOULD ALSO GIVE SYRIA ANTI BALLISTIC MISSILE DEFENCE SYSTEMS 2 PROTECT SYRIA ND SYRIAS INFRASTRUCTURE ND PEOPLE OF SYRIA FROM AMERICAN CRUISE MISSILE ATTACKS ONTOP OF THT RUSSIA SHOULD GIVE SYRIA LATEST ANTI SHIP MISSILES LIKE SUNBURNS ETC THT CAN TAKE OUT AMERICAN AIR CRAFT CARRIERS SHIPS ND SUBMARINES ETC. RUSSIA SHOULD B READY FOR WORLD WAR 3 IF SYRIA IS ATTACKED RUSSIA SHOULD SHOWER AMERICA WITH THERMONUCLEAR ICBMS ND DESTROY ND MASSACRE ND WIPE AMERICA FROM THE FACE OF THIS EARTH. THIS COUNTRY AMERICA FULL OF LIES ND DECEIT ND PROPOGANDA SHOULD B WIPED OUT FROM THE FACE OF THIS EARTH.  THANKS
    connect2raza

Post  connect2raza Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 pm

The whole islamic world is with syria bc enemies of islam r destablising syria first it was iraq then afghanistan then libya nd now syria pakistan supports its brother syria against cia rebels we r ready for world war 3 pakistan is ready for world war 3. Bring it on america ull face the most humiliating defeat it will b harsher then iraq nd afghanistan nd america nd its puppets like israel britain nd france will also b massacred nd blowed up into pieces nd wiped out from the face of this earth. We r ready for world war 3 bring it on america pakistan is with their brother syria.
    connect2raza

Post  connect2raza Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Pakistan is with syria pakistan nd people of pakistan supports syria nd the syrian people before america israel britain nd france started plotting against syria nd therefore so called cia rebels came there was no such thing as chemical attacks or civil war in syria its the cia rebels tht r doing this in syria killing innocent civilians whether it b muslims or christians attacking infrastructure of syria blowing up pipelines etc before america plotting against syria nd cia rebels came syria was in peace nd syria was the safest nation in the region nd in the world. Pakistan will help its brother syria we r ready for world war 3
    connect2raza

Post  connect2raza Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Russia will turn the so called UNITED STATES OF AMERICA= UNITED SNAKES OF AMERICA 2 hell nd wipe america from the face of the earth by FIRING THERMONUCLEAR ICBMS IN AMERICA. Bring it on we r ready for WORLD WAR 3. PAKISTAN will help their brother SYRIA. FROM PAKISTAN
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Calm down man. Very Happy 
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:02 pm

S300/400 won't help Syria.
    It takes time to implement AD systems.
    And there is no time anymore
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 pm

connect2raza wrote:RUSSIA SHOULD GIVE SYRIA LATEST ANTI SHIP MISSILES LIKE SUNBURNS ETC THT CAN TAKE OUT AMERICAN AIR CRAFT CARRIERS SHIPS ND SUBMARINES ETC.
    SUNBURN is older than the Yakhont Russia sold to Syria already. Which is useless as an anti-submarine weapon, just like SUNBURN, unless the sub is dumb enough to operate on the surface.

connect2raza wrote:IF SYRIA IS ATTACKED RUSSIA SHOULD SHOWER AMERICA WITH THERMONUCLEAR ICBMS ND DESTROY ND MASSACRE ND WIPE AMERICA FROM THE FACE OF THIS EARTH.
    Oh yes, let's just massacre hundreds of millions of people just because you have a disagreement with the government that at least half of that country doesn't even agree with. I myself am fully against intervention in Syria, even if Assad used chemical weapons inside his own borders, although my reasoning is different from most people's. So because I didn't vote for the current American government, and because I do not support involvement in Syria, I should be nuked? What about all the people living here who aren't even Americans but are here to support the work of their governments or just to try and support their families? I guess they don't matter in your little world view either. Oh, and did you even stop to think that 1) you can't just fire an ICBM, there would be signs that the RVSN is mobilizing and we'd be able to do the same, and 2) Russia would be annihilated just as much when we shoot back. And you can bet that if it did come down to it, nobody would really think much about the few trajectories that might be swinging wide of Russia to settle scores.

connect2raza wrote:THIS COUNTRY AMERICA FULL OF LIES ND DECEIT ND PROPOGANDA SHOULD B WIPED OUT FROM THE FACE OF THIS EARTH.  THANKS
    Oh yes, because no other country has or has had similar problems, ever. Nobody has hidden terrorists for a decade, for instance.

None of this is relevant. At the end of the day what really matters is that we know what the thermal tolerances of granite are.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Game over SOC.

Ya'll getting nuked.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:35 am

TR1 wrote:Game over SOC.

Ya'll getting nuked.
    Not Indiana that will be nuked ,i think it's california Cool 
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:42 am

Factbox: Why small producer Syria matters to oil markets

(Reuters) - Oil prices rose to a six-month high on Tuesday as Western powers readied a military strike against Syria, and traders and analysts cited concerns over stability in the Middle East.

Below are facts about Syria's energy sector and why developments there matter to global oil markets.

SYRIA'S OIL AND GAS SECTOR

* Syria has not exported any oil since late 2011, when international sanctions came into force.

* "Syria is not a major oil producer (as was Libya), nor is it a major transit point for oil and gas exports (as is Egypt)," said Julian Jessop, head of commodities research at Capital Economics.

"Instead the concern is the risk that Western intervention in Syria could prompt a wider regional conflict, given the support that Iran has provided to the regime of (President Bashar al-) Assad," he added.

* Prior to the sanctions Syria produced 370,000 barrels per day (bpd), roughly 0.4 percent of global supplies, and exported less than 150,000 bpd, mainly to Europe. The major oil companies working there before the sanctions were Royal Dutch Shell and Total.

* Syria's current production is estimated at just 50,000 bpd, all of which is refined domestically.

* It is short of oil products and is forced to import them from abroad. Sales of oil products to Syria are still allowed, although most traders have refrained from doing business there. It has been forced to resort to help from strategic ally Iran.

POTENTIAL IMPACT ON OTHER COUNTRIES

* A move against Syria could have an impact on Western efforts to pressure Tehran over its nuclear program, after trade sanctions have cut Iran's oil exports by half over the past two years. It still supplies around 1 million bpd to Asian markets and Turkey.

"With a U.S. strike on Syria, making some rapid progress on the Iranian nuclear files will be more difficult, and (Iranian President Hassan) Rouhani will not have been given the opportunity to try a different route," said Olivier Jakob from oil consultancy Petromatrix.

* The security situation in Iraq, currently OPEC's second largest producer, has significantly deteriorated because of Syria, said Helima Croft, an analyst at Barclays.

"Syria has deepened Iraq's sectarian fault lines, with Prime Minister Maliki's mainly Shiite government widely seen as siding with the Assad regime and Iraq's Sunni opposition leaders with the Syrian rebels," she said.

* A Syrian war also has the potential to further exacerbate tensions in large producing countries with significant Shiite populations such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, Croft said.

* Complicating the standoff is the involvement of other major players including support from major oil producer Russia for Assad's government.

"Syria has been at the front of a proxy war between regional powers, and siding with one party or the other in Syria is effectively getting drawn into this proxy war between Iran, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait," Amrita Sen, from consultancy Energy Aspects, said.

* Petromatrix's Jakob added that Syria could pose a risk to the shipment of crudes out of Iraq and Azerbaijan.

"The Bay of Iskenderun, in Turkey off a few miles from the border with Syria, is a major export route for crude oil out of Iraq and Azerbaijan," he said.

He estimated oil flows running through the bay at 1.2 million bpd or over 1 percent of global supply.
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:43 am

Ya'll getting nuked.
    Just don't forget that we can shoot back.  If we're going down I'm taking a lot of you with me!  

Not very many in Russia though, because what'd be the point?  I'd rather solve a few problems, be proactive.

The whole situation is completely retarded at this point.

-Insurgents fighting Assad
    -Assad fighting insurgents
    -Both sides playing with CW
    -The West supporting the insurgents
    -Russia and China supporting Assad
    -The Middle East split along different lines (no, they do NOT all blindly support Assad)
    -Way too many people being caught in the crossfire

The only real option is for EVERYONE to back off and let this sort it out itself as an internal Syrian issue.  The UN could come out with gold-plated evidence of Assad using CW on civilians and it still wouldn't matter.  One side has already made up its mind and the other would never allow it to be convinced about something that makes the opposing side look "right".  The media will go right along and support whatever opinion jives with the politicians they support, just like in Iraq II when CW discoveries were consistently ignored.  And idiots everywhere will continue to paint in broad strokes while existing in total ignorance of How Things Really Work.

So, yeah.  Everyone should just leave it alone.  That means the US, that means Europe, and that means Russia and China too.  If Assad can't handle his own business and remain in power, then that would answer the question as to whether he should.  And it'd answer it without any external influence, so the percentage of people with a valid argument at that point would be precisely zero.

ahmedfire wrote:Not Indiana that will be nuked ,i think it's california
    OK, wait, that might change my opinion of a few things...
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:51 am

ahmedfire wrote:

Ya'll getting nuked.
    Shit, thats close to where I am right now.

GBI save me!
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:54 am

TR1 wrote:
    ahmedfire wrote:

Ya'll getting nuked.

GBI save me!
    Who let you in here!
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:01 am

SOC wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    ahmedfire wrote:

Ya'll getting nuked.

GBI save me!
    Who let you in here!  

Dual citizenship baby.

Know whats funny? Never would have happened if member of family did not win a Greencard in a lottery (we only entered for shits and giggles, no intention to move). Made it easier to spend time in the US and Russia without problems.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:27 am

The only real option is for EVERYONE to back off and let this sort it out itself as an internal Syrian issue.
    That SHOULD have happened in 2011. If the americans and their ME puppets would NOT have jumped to send in the huge influx of all kinds of jihadists, AQ, all these fanatics, sending them weapons, information and trainers on the ground, then this "revolution " would have ended in a few weeks at most. It's clear to anyone with a brain that the initial uprising would have never succeeded because it wasn't widespread enough to do so on it's own . So instead of the horrific destruction we see now, at most maybe 5% would have happened in this scenario, and instead of over 100,000 dead there would have been say 5000. Now which figures are preferable there, i ask?

But no, whoever is running the US, their militaro-industrial complex, corporations and other dark interests they all thrive on war, conflict, dividing and conquering, lying and deceiving, so this is why Syria is devastated now (just like most of ME). Just like the other MILLIONS(!) of dead in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries ( and just counting the last 20 years), the blood of Syrian is on YOUR (USA) hands, YOU are guilty, it doesn't matter who and why did it before, all it's matters YOU are doing it NOW.

I'm trying to live my life according a modicum of respectable moral values (not sure how successful but here we are), and i got chills hearing about World War III, nuclear war and all this stuff, but let me tell you this, if something happens and the last war will occur, even if the americans with their enourmous arsenal of WMDs (not just nuclear) will kill 5 billion of the world population- because i suspect them more than anyone else of actually starting a nuclear war- i hope not a stone will remain unburned in that messed up country of theirs, and if anything is left standing whoever survives must go there and raze it to the ground. If we're to go that way, we should go to the very end, f*** it, only this way whoever is left would at least be spared of this american megalomaniac neo-imperialism who aim to bring this world under them, the goddamn Big Brother.

The above stands against the morals i'm trying to live by , but there it is, i said it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:30 pm