Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
Isos
The Ottoman
ATLASCUB
ultimatewarrior
slasher
BKP
George1
franco
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
KiloGolf
PapaDragon
Big_Gazza
BM-21
Airman
d_taddei2
GunshipDemocracy
krakovv
TheArmenian
sweartome123
storm333
airstrike
GarryB
yavar
Skandalwitwe
AlfaT8
KomissarBojanchev
AbdulhamidtheSecond
KoTeMoRe
flamming_python
nomadski
Vann7
Fred333
calm
miketheterrible
eehnie
Kimppis
littlerabbit
Viktor
Benya
bantugbro
OminousSpudd
Tingsay
Neutrality
medo
lycantrop
arpakola
par far
auslander
kvs
Walther von Oldenburg
HUNTER VZLA
56 posters

Syrian War: News #15

eehnie
    eehnie

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #15

Post  eehnie Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:12 pm

calm wrote:more photos from Daer.
    Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DJHlLU9W0AEHk0y
    Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 21457988_285119075321914_7604296547398175177_o

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 21369046_285118968655258_3468997185508675007_o

In this and in another previous post we begin to see the first evidences of the use of a number of new enginering vehicles in Syria. Engineering vehicles for combat areas, and auxiliary unarmoured engineering vehicles. Concretely this is material based on Kraz tucks that seems to have been moved to Syria in the lasts months. This year has been probed in military training in Russia, and by now must be also finnished in Russia.

Likely to see in Syria TMM-3, TMM-3M, PMP-M, PPS-84, BMK-460 and PST-160 based on Kraz-214, Kraz-255, Kraz-260 and Zil-130.

Last edited by eehnie on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Israel air striked an irrelevant target achieving, like Trump's air strike, nothing crucial as far the war itself is concerned.
    Both were cases of a firecracker for internal consumption. Everyone has moved on by now.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Some SAA forces are being equipped with mobile amp bridges...it's way too soon for them to cross the river unless this is a move or desperation or just getting things ready someone is making a grave error.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:31 pm

There is not a move on with that. You can be sure of it.

What if North Korea would do this?
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:33 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Some SAA forces are being equipped with mobile amp bridges...it's way too soon for them to cross the river unless this is a move or desperation or just getting things ready someone is making a grave error.

I would say more that it is way too soon for you to realize of it.

Even having it in front of your eyes.
    par far

Post  par far Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:04 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Some SAA forces are being equipped with mobile amp bridges...it's way too soon for them to cross the river unless this is a move or desperation or just getting things ready someone is making a grave error.

The SAA won't cross the river until they are fully ready, it is Russia and Iran that do most of the planning but do you think Seig that the SAA is under pressure to capture the oil fields in East Syria before the Kurds do? I think they will get everything under control in about a week and than cross the river.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Since when is a river impassable for an Army? What is this the stone ages? OMG a river lol1
    Of course they'll cross and do whatever it takes to defeat their opponent. Gone are the days of SAA going in head on assaults, only to get their a** handed to them.

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DJDmMkvXkAARwQl
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:26 pm

The road is not secure their flanks aren't secure crossing the river makes them easier to ambush harder to supply that is a poor attitude dude.

There is zero tactical need to cross the river right now, Dier it's self is not fully secure I could go on...but hey.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:27 pm

par far wrote:

The SAA won't cross the river until they are fully ready, it is Russia and Iran that do most of the planning but do you think Seig that the SAA is under pressure to capture the oil fields in East Syria before the Kurds do? I think they will get everything under control in about a week and than cross the river.

What is everything thing? the urban fighting in dier alone will be more than a week.

Only reason SAA would be launching an operation is if the kurds were getting ready to rush the oil fields.

To which I cannot comment on if they are and aren't.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:28 pm

Those at Field Grade make the decisions, those of us at Rota grade do what we are ordered to do. So far Mother, who is running the show and has been training SAA and SAF for almost two years now, seems to know what she is doing. Troops will move when they are ordered to move and not one second before. The cross water assets are obvious preparations. Or are they?

Last edited by auslander on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:The road is not secure their flanks aren't secure crossing the river makes them easier to ambush harder to supply that is a poor attitude dude.

There is zero tactical need to cross the river right now, Dier it's self is not fully secure I could go on...but hey.

There's both tactical and strategic need to be able to cross at a moment's notice. See, they didn't cross yet. But they can. Concerning their flanks and situation, all that means little to nothing. Considering how Aleppo was retaken, one supply line (albeit exposed) and superior intel and firepower 24/7. They prevailed.

IS is on the run and SAA has a good set of cards at hand.
    Kit, air support, tactical options, momentum, morale, propaganda, maskirovka and manpower.

PS. Saddam is still anticipating that USMC landing in Kuwait, from the gave no less.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:34 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:The road is not secure their flanks aren't secure crossing the river makes them easier to ambush harder to supply that is a poor attitude dude.

There's both tactical and strategic need to be able to cross at a moment's notice. See, they didn't cross yet. But they can. Concerning their flanks and situation, all that means little to nothing. Considering how Aleppo was retaken, one supply line (albeit exposed) and superior intel and firepower 24/7. They prevailed.

IS is on the run and SAA has a good set of cards at hand.
    Kit, air support, tactical options, momentum, morale, propaganda, maskirovka and manpower.

Yes I said this in my first post if they need to sure.

The SAA had thousands of more men in Aleppo then the rebels at the time.

I do not agree with your assumptions, SAA hardly has the numbers game right now.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    par far wrote:

What is everything thing? the urban fighting in dier alone will be more than a week.

Only reason SAA would be launching an operation is if the kurds were getting ready to rush the oil fields.

To which I cannot comment on if they are and aren't.

The Kurds have no ability to move beyond what SDF temporarily occupies right now. Deir Ezzor and its oil fields are way out of their league. In fact over 80% of SDF-occupied areas are not controlled/administered by SDF, but rather empty areas or Arab settlements waiting for return to government control.

To suggest SDF can or should rush down south is catastrophic,first and foremost for the Kurds themselves, as SAA won't hesitate to erase them. A light/motorized infantry force can only do that much in a desert against a highly mechanized force, with logistics and Air Force (see ISIL circa 2017).

Last edited by KiloGolf on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:44 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:I do not agree with your assumptions, SAA hardly has the numbers game right now.

No assumptions, just facts. SAA has made it to Deir Ezzor while YPG is bogged down in Raqqa for months. Also there's not much need for numbers when both ISIL or YPG/SDF, each barely has some 4 or 5 thousand infantry-men available to be deployed in that region (Eastern DeZ desert). An Army with the kit and intel that SAA & co. has can deal with all that with just 1,000 men. A force that can spearhead their way through to the Iraqi border and keep chopping the battlefield into little pockets.

Oh and they've done that before (see Tanf FSA fail).
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Glorious SDF in complete disarray. Protectorate mode ON lol1

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DJIVGQBW4AARrxY
    @metesohtaoglu  4 hours ago

#YPG flags taken down in #Syria's #Afrin. Only one Russian flag hoisted at YPG checkpoint near Turkish-Syrian border in the north

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DJClT8MXoAET3vw
    @metesohtaoglu Sep 6

#US flags & #YPG banners taken down in #Syria's #TallAbyad ,opposite side of #Turkey

Last edited by KiloGolf on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:54 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Yes I said this in my first post if they need to sure.

The SAA had thousands of more men in Aleppo then the rebels at the time.

I do not agree with your assumptions, SAA hardly has the numbers game right now.

OK, my young American friend, you know, or you should know if you are practicing the vocation you allude to, that numbers mean nothing with the RuAF and AR holding your six...within reason. I state again, SAA will not set foot on the other side of the Euphrates, officially, until they are ordered to do so. On the other hand I would think, but whether or not I knew for certain I would never announce it here, that there are SAA and AR assets already in place east of the ditch. If they are there I'm sure Brand X is well aware of this fact.

Last edited by auslander on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling arror LOL)
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 pm

par far wrote:Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 6-7

*Flashbacks* Suspect
    Crimea
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Syrian Army plans to cross Euphrates to end American expansion

By Leith Fadel - 07/09/2017

BEIRUT, LEBANON (3:45 P.M.) – The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) is planning to cross the Euphrates in the Deir Ezzor Governorate after liberating several areas along the western bank of this vast river.

Syrian Army reinforcements were seen, Thursday, transporting several boats to the Deir Ezzor Governorate for what is expected to be the government’s first attempt during this war to cross the Euphrates and push into these eastern territories.

Crossing the Euphrates River will provide the Syrian Army many advantages, including the ability to cutoff the Islamic State’s (ISIL) main supply line and obstruct the U.S.’ expansion into the Deir Ezzor Governorate.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-plans-cross-euphrates-end-american-expansion/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:01 pm

They are moving those bridges on location because they can and because they want them to be on site once they decide that it's time to cross.

Doesn't mean they will do it instantly. Naturally they will secure those flanks first.  

If you have the road use it. This is just example of logistics department doing it's job.

calm
    calm

Post  calm Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:03 pm

eehnie wrote:

In this and in another previous post we begin to see the first evidences of the use of a number of new enginering vehicles in Syria. Engineering vehicles for combat areas, and auxiliary unarmoured engineering vehicles. Concretely this is material based on Kraz tucks that seems to have been moved to Syria in the lasts months. This year has been probed in military training in Russia, and by now must be also finnished in Russia.

Likely to see in Syria TMM-3, TMM-3M, PMP-M, PPS-84, BMK-460 and PST-160 based on Kraz-214, Kraz-255, Kraz-260 and Zil-130.

Is that your guess?
    I saw some reports months ago about pontons being transported to Syria.

And that ПМП from above is Syrian one if i am correct, not new from Russia.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Something's changed... oh wait, this aint your grandpa's SAA pirat

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 13591249
    pulling the cord hobo style, while smoking a cigie. SAA ***** class  lol1

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 13592722

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 13593829

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 1400019

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DJI541pXkAAvhvn

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DJI-zjGWAAEjQhg

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DIWhwvMWAAEsLta

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DIVK7JLWAAcmLtK

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 DIOoWgnWAAAwQ69

Last edited by KiloGolf on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 pm

calm wrote:
    par far wrote:Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 6-7

*Flashbacks* Suspect
    Crimea

That photo is a grin. When the boys came storming out of their lagers in late February of '14 our girls where showering THEM with smokes, bread and candies, we had more than they did if that was possible.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Wrong. And i am still waiting for proof of your presence in Syria.

From our forum. Sorry for bad translate.
    The pictures of the pontoon bridge and this breakthrough in the direction of the points where the Euphrates can be crossed, are just showing that they are planning to cross the river soon.

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 10 4544568_78d56f159b2d96998d5faa00bb94b602

All of this breakthrough, bypassing main road, bypassing the strongest ISIS forces, spreading misinformation about the direction of the attack, and certainly forcing of the Euphrates.
    Now surrounding of ISIS force in the DeZ, crossing the river and probably breakthrough toward as-Suwar resemble much of the old Soviet school. This is a very carefully planned operation. They went fast in most places, and hit where the enemy was the weakest. This crossing is practically the last strategic point in the war against ISIS. With one stroke, they will separate ISIS forces into two parts, and block the progress of the SDF to the south. They also approach their enclaves in Kamishli and Hasaka.

They must go as soon as possible.

calm
    calm

Post  calm Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:30 pm

SOON

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:32 pm

calm wrote:
    All of this breakthrough, bypassing main road, bypassing the strongest ISIS forces, spreading misinformation about the direction of the attack, and certainly forcing of the Euphrates.
    Now surrounding of ISIS force in the DeZ, crossing the river and probably breakthrough toward as-Suwar resemble much of the old Soviet school. This is a very carefully planned operation. They went fast in most places, and hit where the enemy was the weakest. This crossing is practically the last strategic point in the war against ISIS. With one stroke, they will separate ISIS forces into two parts, and block the progress of the SDF to the south. They also approach their enclaves in Kamishli and Hasaka.

They must go as soon as possible.

Kawkab garrison alone has Hasaka city pretty much under control if ordered to come out of their position and deploy. The amount of SAA firepower over there is often underreported and underestimated. It's Yuuuuge.

Also the Qamisli SAA pocket is huge and populous enough to cut, split and end YPG/SDF presence in the region by linking-up with SAA in Kawkab-Hasaka.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 pm