Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
Isos
The Ottoman
ATLASCUB
ultimatewarrior
slasher
BKP
George1
franco
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
KiloGolf
PapaDragon
Big_Gazza
BM-21
Airman
d_taddei2
GunshipDemocracy
krakovv
TheArmenian
sweartome123
storm333
airstrike
GarryB
yavar
Skandalwitwe
AlfaT8
KomissarBojanchev
AbdulhamidtheSecond
KoTeMoRe
flamming_python
nomadski
Vann7
Fred333
calm
miketheterrible
eehnie
Kimppis
littlerabbit
Viktor
Benya
bantugbro
OminousSpudd
Tingsay
Neutrality
medo
lycantrop
arpakola
par far
auslander
kvs
Walther von Oldenburg
HUNTER VZLA
56 posters

Syrian War: News #15

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #15

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Really interesting view on the situation and what happens now, I have extracted his map.

https://twitter.com/tobiaschneider/status/904642377612222464

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 DI3vQCXXYAA40Xe
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:42 pm

JohninMK wrote:Really interesting view on the situation and what happens now, I have extracted his map.

https://twitter.com/tobiaschneider/status/904642377612222464

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 DI3vQCXXYAA40Xe

Number 10 makes me question his analyst.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Gradually they lose Raqqa

SyriacMilitaryMFS‏ @SyriacMFS 5h5 hours ago

As for September 3, continuous progress of Syrian Democratic Forces, SDF against ISIS for the final liberation battle of #Raqqa, #Syria.

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 DI3ekATW4AEptD2
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Three more ISIS controlled villages fall to the SAA in Hama;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DI4rmhkXUAAMLdC.jpg
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:40 pm

The'Nimr'Tiger

???????? Retweeted الاعلام الحربي مركزي

Breaking: Ash Sholah, ISIS's last stronghold before Deir Ezzor is liberated & 22km separate SAA from Panorama roundabout
    par far

Post  par far Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:42 pm

The main thing for the SAA is now to cross the Euphrates river and grab the oil and gas fields East of Deir ez-Zor.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Tiger Forces pushing towards Ayash to cut off ISIS forces up the Euphrates River (still can cross the river to escape). Me thinks the Deir Ezzor forces won't be liberated per say but will do their own break-out attack...fitting for such defenders.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DI4vpRhXYAECKNa.jpg
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:57 pm

BREAKING: Syrian Army now 3 km from ending Deir Ezzor siege

BEIRUT, LEBANON (4:05 P.M.) – The Syrian Arab Army (SAA), propelled by Russian airstrikes, has just secured a key area northwest of Deir Ezzor city, bringing it to within visual range of its besieged comrades at the 137th Brigade Base.

Minutes ago, reports came in saying that the Syrian Army secured Deir Ezzor’s local asphalt mine to the northwest of the main city area.

The securing of this area now puts relentlessly-assaulting SAA relief forces just three kilometers to the nearest army positions around the 137th Brigade Base.

Sources are saying that the lifting of the Deir Ezzor siege can be expected before the day is out.

Arrow https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-syrian-army-now-3-km-ending-deir-ezzor-siege/?utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=push&utm_campaign=push+notifications&utm_content=English
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 pm

JohninMK wrote: Emma Beals‏Verified account @ejbeals 4h4 hours ago

#Syria-n sources buzzing overnight with news of Ghassan Bilal's death, reportedly he hit an IED on Damascus-Beirut road.

If true, he's the second of the three biggest players on Government side of reconciliation agreement negotiations to hit the news lately.

Another major player, Qaysar Farwe, was arrested, rank lowered, and moved to more administrative duties in June.

Of course, they're possibly not related, but if I were the third I might be seeking alternative employment opportunities about now.

I think this is more related to the continuous deaths of Syrian generals.

Shameless intoxicators trying to blame to others to hide the obvious tracking of Syrian generals to kill them. We all know who can do it.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Other sources are denying his death. We will know soon enough.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Re the link-up with Deir Ezzor, the problem is that their front lines were so heavily mined that they are afraid of accidental deaths. The Tiger commando force the other night attacked ISIS forces on the other side allowing the Deir Ezzor defenders to break out of their own defenses and start opening a path (engineers) plus clear the front line ISIS forces away. Have heard that a hill top called al-Hajif is to be the meeting point.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:58 pm

eehnie wrote:
    Shameless intoxicators trying to blame to others to hide the obvious tracking of Syrian generals to kill them.
    I'm sorry but I finally have to admit that I don't understand your use of the word "intoxicators". To me the use of the word would be to describe someone who got someone drunk or intoxicated but that doesn't work in your sentence. What meaning are you putting on it?
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:06 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    Shameless intoxicators trying to blame to others to hide the obvious tracking of Syrian generals to kill them.
    I'm sorry but I finally have to admit that I don't understand your use of the word "intoxicators". To me the use of the word would be to describe someone who got someone drunk or intoxicated but that doesn't work in your sentence. What meaning are you putting on it?

Now you understand why he and several of his other names are on my ignore list for a long time.
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:08 pm

franco wrote:Re the link-up with Deir Ezzor, the problem is that their front lines were so heavily mined that they are afraid of accidental deaths. The Tiger commando force the other night attacked ISIS forces on the other side allowing the Deir Ezzor defenders to break out of their own defenses and start opening a path (engineers) plus clear the front line ISIS forces away. Have heard that a hill top called al-Hajif is to be the meeting point.

I can understand that. ISIS on the other hand, I think that they're pretty screwed, as they are in the striking distance of SAA armor (BMPs and tanks can open up on them with ease from 3 or such kilometers).
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:47 pm

General Essam Zahruddin Watches Syrian Army " Tiger forces " shelling ISIS Sites to break the siege on Deir Ezzor.

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 DI5XkqUXkAEPG2q
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Here comes trouble

The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have launched their operation towards Deir Ezzor city from two axes in the north.

This operation was discussed on Friday in Tabqa with military officials from Russia, the United States and the SDF in presence.

The SDF are advancing to the city of Deir Ezzor, north of Shadadi with fierce conflicts between ISIS and the SDF occurring in the region.

The new campaign will see the first axis run parallel to the Khabour River and the second axis starts from the village of Abu Khashab and head towards the city.

This will most likely cause tensions between Syrian government forces and US-backed SDF as relations are less than cordial.

http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/09/breaking-kurdish-led-forces-begin.html
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Seems like SAA, under wise Russian guidance, is not taking any risks. They consolidate, secure logistic corridors and then advance. Sort of a higly moderated blitzkrieg, with a dash of modern combined arms, C4I and all that jazz.

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 DI5LWZ4XoAAa3Ou

JohninMK wrote:Here comes trouble

The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have launched their operation towards Deir Ezzor city from two axes in the north.

This operation was discussed on Friday in Tabqa with military officials from Russia, the United States and the SDF in presence.

The SDF are advancing to the city of Deir Ezzor, north of Shadadi with fierce conflicts between ISIS and the SDF occurring in the region.

The new campaign will see the first axis run parallel to the Khabour River and the second axis starts from the village of Abu Khashab and head towards the city.

This will most likely cause tensions between Syrian government forces and US-backed SDF as relations are less than cordial.

http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/09/breaking-kurdish-led-forces-begin.html

Lots of wishful thinking on SDF's behalf. First they need to take Raqqa and already they're much delayed there.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Benya wrote:
    franco wrote:Re the link-up with Deir Ezzor, the problem is that their front lines were so heavily mined that they are afraid of accidental deaths. The Tiger commando force the other night attacked ISIS forces on the other side allowing the Deir Ezzor defenders to break out of their own defenses and start opening a path (engineers) plus clear the front line ISIS forces away. Have heard that a hill top called al-Hajif is to be the meeting point.

I can understand that. ISIS on the other hand, I think that they're pretty screwed, as they are in the striking distance of SAA armor (BMPs and tanks can open up on them with ease from 3 or such kilometers).

I think pressed in such thin corridor will prevent ISIL to maneuver around and this will make them very vulnerable on Russian air strikes with Ka-52 and Mi-28N helicopters, specially in night time. I think RuAF helicopter crews will have very busy night with deratisation.
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:39 pm

SYRIAN ARMY, RUSSIAN ATTACK HELICOPTERS DESTROYED 18 ISIS VBIEDS DURING MONDAY CLASHES WITH ISIS NEAR DEIR EZZOR

The Syrian Arab Army (SAA), backed up by Russian attack helicopters, destroyed 18 ISIS vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices (VBIEDs) during the Monday clashes with the terrorist group near the city of Deir Ezzor, according to pro-government sources.

ISIS used 10 VBIEDs in attempts to drive government troops out from the area near the 137 Brigade Base in western Deir Ezzor, but they were countered by the SAA artillery and Russian attack helicopters.

Separtely, 2 VBIEDs were allegedly desroyed during the clashes near Sholah. 6 more ISIS VBIEDs were reportedly destroyed by the SAA and the Republican Guard on other frontlines of in and near Deir Ezzor.

ISIS had deployed large reinforcements in an attempt to repel the SAA advance on Deir Ezzor city. However, so far, the terorist group has not been able to regain the initiative in the battle for the strategic city.

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 1-57

Arrow https://southfront.org/syrian-army-russian-attack-helicopters-destroyed-18-isis-vbieds-during-monday-clashes-with-isis-near-deir-ezzor/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:53 pm

BREAKING: Live on Syrian TV NOW; The Syrian forces advancing to Deir Ezzor have met with forces besieged inside!

https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/status/905019223696711680
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Ivan Sidorenko‏ @IvanSidorenko1 5m5 minutes ago

#Syria #DeirEzZor According to a #SAA field Commander in Brigade 137 Siege Lifting troops arrived 50 Minutes ago

Ivan Sidorenko‏ @IvanSidorenko1 11m11 minutes ago

#Syria #DeirEzZor multiple vehicles and tanks of siege lifting troops have arrived. Next objective is to lift siege of airport
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Secret military HQ in Deir this morning Laughing

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 DI7qUYfUMAAhrk3
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Kornet? flyby.

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 DI7-8gKXkAArj_J
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Updated map, you can see the urgency for the SAA, looks like this is why the US shipped so many MRAPs into the SDF.

Berfo كردي #Efrîn‏ @AraratKrd 18h18 hours ago
    Replying to @AraratKrd

#BREAKING Kurdish YPG-led SDF forces on starting towards the #DeyirezZor center of the province of two axes from the north.

Syrian War: News #15 - Page 7 DI5kQKeW4AAbUgW
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:05 pm

This could be the meet up, or at least the one staged for TV as there seems to be too many people around without weapons/vehicles. Bit like the Elbe meeting back in 45.

EDIT

This looks better

Last edited by JohninMK on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 am