Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Share

    Vann7

    Posts : 3453
    Points : 3571
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:35 am

    ATLASCUB wrote:
    Edit: Also kinda intrigued by the fact that operations are being carried from the Mediterranean instead of Incirlik base. Maybe the Turks are taping comms and leaking to Russia? Very real possibility.


    Russia have done a lot of progress and correct things in Syria until now , in the military
    and diplomatic front. But what angers me , is the incompetence of Russia in monitoring
    the airspace of Syria in full and see American planes flying from Mediterranean sea towards
    Syrian Airforce positions and does NOTHING to warn them of American positions and the
    potential aggression on them.

    It does not warn on Time about Israel airforce incursions in Syria too. Simply
    in defense Russia score from 1 to 10 is close to zero. Simply US and Israel can bomb
    Syrian army and they do nothing to stop them. During Obama presidency , the US
    airforce was bombing for 1 hour the Syrian army and Russia did nothing. Even though they
    apologized for it , they were allowed for a full hour to bomb its own allies. and it takes only 5 minutes for Russia to get planes anywhere in Syria.

    So Russia weakness in dealing with Americans ,encourage them to continue its aggression.
    Putin major mistake in Syria ,not warning them that if they get in troubles with Israel or NATO that they will be mostly alone. So Syrian Government miscalculated the support they will get from Russia. and they created a policy based on opposing US and ISrael.. which was a fatal mistake. It will have been far better policy for SYria to be a puppet state of France like Lebanon is ,and never being invaded by ISIS. But Assad by Aligning with Russia and IRAN , it became an automatic target of US and Israel. So this is another Reason why Putin foreign policies are
    dangerous for its allies. Because nations becomes destroyed ,as it was Yugoeslavia ,Serbia and Syria and they all get it wrong about Russia support.

    Russia only nations they could support effectively in a confrontation with NATO are only the ones they share a border. The only positive thing however i see about Syria is that it helped unmask NATO nuclear powers , of them being the real face of terrorism.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1119
    Points : 1119
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  miketheterrible on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:07 am

    I am curious about Russia's radar coverage of Syria. Does their coverage extend into the Persian gulf?

    But yeah, they should be escorting the SyAF jets. Or SyAF should be escorting their own jets. I really do not care if one believes they can engage a coalition jet or not. Simply put, they have jets and any respectable nation would do it, like Iran would have with their MiG-29's or F-14's or Russia with their Su-27's.

    I know Russia has no supreme over Syrian airspace and that they respect Syria's sovereignty. But there needs to be better communication structure and as Vann said (sad enough saying this), communication between the two groups.

    All those air superiority jets and air defense systems look kind of useless right now. Mind you, the air defense systems of Russia's are to protect the airforce base and the navy base, and their coverage is in question regarding that far west.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 526
    Points : 530
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 am

    Take this with a grain of salt, word is SAA has advanced into the Deir-azzor province and they are currently around Baktal.

    That location is halfway between their current positions on the border and Al-Qa'im. If this is true this would mean they are going to make a move on the Al-Qa'im border crossing or they are going to open a second major front on ISIS to reach Deir. Either choice would be a decent one.

    Again don't take it has fact no one is really sure yet if they managed to do this. if so this is a very very very big development.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3453
    Points : 3571
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:41 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Take this with a grain of salt, word is SAA has advanced into the Deir-azzor province and they are currently around Baktal.

    That location is halfway between their current positions on the border and Al-Qa'im. If this is true this would mean they are going to make a move on the Al-Qa'im border crossing or they are going to open a second major front on ISIS to reach Deir. Either choice would be a decent one.

    Again don't take it has fact no one is really sure yet if they managed to do this. if so this is a very very very big development.


    A new video on RT .. a new offensive of Syrian army
    in Raqqa started.. and they using a T-90 tank. in the offensive.

    Syrian army renew operations against ISIS in RAqqa.


    avatar
    Airman

    Posts : 235
    Points : 277
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Republic of Turkey

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  Airman on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 am

    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:The U.S, through the Kurds are a ticking time bomb.... been saying it for ages. They're not there to make friends and settle....they're there to stir up shit by taking land and keeping a "peace keeping force" aka bases once the "conflict" ends on a newly "autonomous" region or "mini-state".

    More bait for more excuses so Trump can sign the sanctions bill with some "internal relief" due to "recent Russian and Iranian actions in Syria" IF any of the parties escalate as in a "normal" conflict it would logically follow in pattern. This is all bait by a Pentagon (which again, is not controlled by Trump). The Kurds will do whatever the fuck they're told and people need to realize that. No one, and I mean no one outside the United States is helping them in their little dream - as such, they owe the U.S military support, political support etc, etc, etc...a lifeline worth fighting for from their pov.

    The Kurds will only stop being american puppets when and if the Americans are successfully kicked out (which is a pickle and might never happen). Under that assumption reality would kick in so hard that the Kurds would have no other choice. Right now they have a choice - and that choice is to ally themselves to the only living empire on earth to achieve their dreams of statehood - aka fuck Syria, fuck Russia, fuck Turkey, fuck Iraq, fuck Iran, fuck the Arabs and anyone opposed to their plans (although they will engage diplomatically cause that's the smart thing to do). Make no mistake, the Kurds are not on Syria's/Russian/Iranian camp and people need to get that very clear if it hasn't been clear enough since the beginning of this conflict.

    The Kurd leadership is setting up the Kurds to get f*cked over the in long run.   Uncle Scumbag isn't going to be around for the coming
    centuries to look out for them.   It is rather clear that the American Empire is in terminal decline.   Globalism will not last for various reasons
    including depletion of cheap liquid fuels.   The world will become much more local.

    The Kurds have not air defense weapons. Is directly the US and their employees.

    The US loves to read the people that is opposed to them hating the Kurds.

    But they have 0 chance of fooling the gouvernments of the opposed countries.

    The Turks are the key. But they don't have the balls to mess with their master's plan.

    Sir, Turkish armed forces are ready to destroy YPG terrorists in Syria but Russian and Syrian Government Forces are prevent it. There are Russian and Syrian soldiers in Manbij, Arima and Afrin. That's why we can't attack the YPG. Because, There are Russian and Syrian soldiers. If Russian and Syrian soldiers retreat from these cities, Turkish Armed Forces can be attack YPG terrorists.

    This is a choice that Russia and Syria should make. Turkey has been ready to destroy the YPG terrorists since Operation Euphrates Shield started.

    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 114
    Points : 116
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  ATLASCUB on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:04 am

    Airman wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:The U.S, through the Kurds are a ticking time bomb.... been saying it for ages. They're not there to make friends and settle....they're there to stir up shit by taking land and keeping a "peace keeping force" aka bases once the "conflict" ends on a newly "autonomous" region or "mini-state".

    More bait for more excuses so Trump can sign the sanctions bill with some "internal relief" due to "recent Russian and Iranian actions in Syria" IF any of the parties escalate as in a "normal" conflict it would logically follow in pattern. This is all bait by a Pentagon (which again, is not controlled by Trump). The Kurds will do whatever the fuck they're told and people need to realize that. No one, and I mean no one outside the United States is helping them in their little dream - as such, they owe the U.S military support, political support etc, etc, etc...a lifeline worth fighting for from their pov.

    The Kurds will only stop being american puppets when and if the Americans are successfully kicked out (which is a pickle and might never happen). Under that assumption reality would kick in so hard that the Kurds would have no other choice. Right now they have a choice - and that choice is to ally themselves to the only living empire on earth to achieve their dreams of statehood - aka fuck Syria, fuck Russia, fuck Turkey, fuck Iraq, fuck Iran, fuck the Arabs and anyone opposed to their plans (although they will engage diplomatically cause that's the smart thing to do). Make no mistake, the Kurds are not on Syria's/Russian/Iranian camp and people need to get that very clear if it hasn't been clear enough since the beginning of this conflict.

    The Kurd leadership is setting up the Kurds to get f*cked over the in long run.   Uncle Scumbag isn't going to be around for the coming
    centuries to look out for them.   It is rather clear that the American Empire is in terminal decline.   Globalism will not last for various reasons
    including depletion of cheap liquid fuels.   The world will become much more local.

    The Kurds have not air defense weapons. Is directly the US and their employees.

    The US loves to read the people that is opposed to them hating the Kurds.

    But they have 0 chance of fooling the gouvernments of the opposed countries.

    The Turks are the key. But they don't have the balls to mess with their master's plan.

    Sir, Turkish armed forces are ready to destroy YPG terrorists in Syria but Russian and Syrian Government Forces are prevent it. There are Russian and Syrian soldiers in Manbij, Arima and Afrin. That's why we can't attack the YPG. Because, There are Russian and Syrian soldiers. If Russian and Syrian soldiers retreat from these cities, Turkish Armed Forces can be attack YPG terrorists.

    This is a choice that Russia and Syria should make. Turkey has been ready to destroy the YPG terrorists since Operation Euphrates Shield started.

    The problem with that is that Turkey will do such thing through proxy with minimal involvement. So for that matter it's better for Assad/Russia to deal with the Kurds themselves rather than a rat tag group of FSA terrorists. In an ideal situation Turkey would be more hands-on with their own troops and personal since (in my opinion) the Kurds pose the biggest threat to Turkey's national cohesion - Syria is a perfect example. Not only that, the U.S will use and support Kurd's militias and groups to meddle and interfere in Turkish internal affairs - no matter how much they deny it. The U.S will use the Kurds to keep Turkey in check and in the NATO bag - and if Turkey ever were to get out of the NATO bag; then unleash war through proxy (Kurds and traitors) on it. I do think it's in the interest of Assad/Turkey/Russia to come to an agreement of sorts (not official) for Turkey to deal with the Kurdish dilemma by Russia/Syria backing off a bit and allowing serious, not symbolic, but serious bombardment of the Kurds. This will of course require direct confrontation with the U.S. Here Turkey can use leverage as a "fake ally" to push the envelope to its advantage. Of course Turkey and Erdogan will be demonized etc but by then the U.S will have to really weight NATO over the Kurds and their narrative pitch will be rather weak - and since these things take time to take hold - by then many objectives would of been achieved on the war front. I think the biggest problem here is that none of the parties trusts each other.  High doubts about how far each party is willing to go - no trust for adherence to agreements - thus inaction and the current status quo. And when I use language such as "master", I mean it in the fact that the U.S has enough influence to cause hell on earth on Turkey if it gets annoyed and assesses that Turkey is a loss cause in need of regime change. That includes information warfare, economic warfare, social destabilization/fomenting public unrest - a mix so toxic that leads to regime change - and that fact Erdogan/Turkish leadership knows.

    Turkey's got no one to blame but themselves for the blunder that has been this civil war - for going along with another CIA plan. Turkey made matters worse for them by strengthening the Kurdish cause indirectly (not expecting the backstab of massive proportions by the U.S)....a backfire of majestic size for Erdogan.


    Last edited by ATLASCUB on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:32 am; edited 4 times in total
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1119
    Points : 1119
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  miketheterrible on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:20 am

    Not long ago, Turkish F-16's were being painted by MiG-29's and Turkey had a troubled time trying to track it and where exactly the source was coming from. At this point in time, those MiG-29's should be escorting the Su-22's bombing missions. Like how Su-35's usually escort Russian jets in Syria.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1119
    Points : 1119
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  miketheterrible on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:58 am

    So after this incident, how many aircrafts does SyAF have in their inventory?

    Vann7

    Posts : 3453
    Points : 3571
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 am

    Airman wrote:
    Sir, Turkish armed forces are ready to destroy YPG terrorists in Syria but Russian and Syrian Government Forces are prevent it. There are Russian and Syrian soldiers in Manbij, Arima and Afrin. That's why we can't attack the YPG. Because, There are Russian and Syrian soldiers. If Russian and Syrian soldiers retreat from these cities, Turkish Armed Forces can be attack YPG terrorists.

    This is a choice that Russia and Syria should make. Turkey has been ready to destroy the YPG terrorists since Operation Euphrates Shield started.


    Let make things clear.. Erdogan was backing ISIS and Alnusra and any terrorist group
    in Syria. So from Assad point of view .it will be better than Syrian citizens and Not Erdogan or any Turkey backed Sunni extremist group ,take control of any territory in Syria. THis is because
    Syria and Russia can negotiate with them , they do not have imperial ambitions like Erdogan seeking to restore Ottoman empire.

    When it comes to the so called "Syrian democratic forces" they are not all Kurds. this is an alliance created by Americans by throwing a lot of money to them ,between Kurds and former terrorist FSA.  And Erdogan is backing too FSA but that is hostile to Kurds. and backing Alnusra too. So the real threat in Syria comes from Turkey and Americans. both are responsible for the partition of Syria. If it wasn't by US and TUrkey providing weapons to anyone in Syria who wants to fight Assad. Then Kurds will have NEVER taken control of any territory. and the Syrian army will have defeated ISIS and Alqaeda in weeks ,and not years.  But NATO and TUrkey with Saudi And Qatar support have been arming terrorist left and right for 6 years and this is were
    the problems comes.  In Short Erdogan is only interested in stealing lands from Syria ,regarless that he claims that he is not ,and interested in crushing kurds.  So tell me , what will Turkey citizens will say , if Syria army provides weapons to ISIS to help them to take control of your cities ? and then later use their military to invade Turkey? and rape their womens and kill their civilians?

    ERdogan is part of the problem in Syria , he is stealing lands in Syria and you talk about Russia blocking Turkey from attacking kurds, but it was Erdogan who began this game. Erdogan is using its army to block Syrian army from re-capturing its own land. recapturing IDLIB.
    From where you think came the Rebels that invaded IDLIB that is at border of Turkey and too control of it? from TUrkey they came. Erdogan was at war with Syria and technically speaking
    still they are. As soon Americans bombed Syria military base Erdogan goes and praise the attack. So Erdogan is not a friend of Syrians. Kurds at very least fight most terrorist too ,but
    their motives to take territory are different. But Russia can influence kurds to some degree
    can talk to them and in many times , have managed to stop kurds from fighting Syrian army.
    But Russia can't influence ISIS ,neither Alnusra ,neither any radical sunni extremist like muslim brotherhood is. which Turkey support. And for the only reason Erdogan cooperate with Russia now ,in some things ,is because Russian economic sanctions hit hard ERdogan tourism and he is realizing it can't trust in Americans . That US can and will use Kurds against Turkey ,whenever they consider the perfect time. So Turkey will experience it's own Free Turkey army,
    freedom fighters ,a similar war than Syria now face ,because Americans don't tolerate independent nations.


    So after this incident, how many aircrafts does SyAF have in their inventory?

    nobody knows.. but somewhere in wikipedia ,it was said that Syria had in migs29 alone about 30 of them. and another 60 planes of very old planes. like mig 23 and su-22. But Russia and IRAN have been providing Syria with more equipment ,so they still should have a couple of dozen of mig23  somewhere. with a couple of dozen of upgraded mig-29. as far im aware Syria only lost one mig-29 and it was near Turkey border thanks to Turkish "friends."
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 1310
    Points : 1335
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  eehnie on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 am

    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:The U.S, through the Kurds are a ticking time bomb.... been saying it for ages. They're not there to make friends and settle....they're there to stir up shit by taking land and keeping a "peace keeping force" aka bases once the "conflict" ends on a newly "autonomous" region or "mini-state".

    More bait for more excuses so Trump can sign the sanctions bill with some "internal relief" due to "recent Russian and Iranian actions in Syria" IF any of the parties escalate as in a "normal" conflict it would logically follow in pattern. This is all bait by a Pentagon (which again, is not controlled by Trump). The Kurds will do whatever the fuck they're told and people need to realize that. No one, and I mean no one outside the United States is helping them in their little dream - as such, they owe the U.S military support, political support etc, etc, etc...a lifeline worth fighting for from their pov.

    The Kurds will only stop being american puppets when and if the Americans are successfully kicked out (which is a pickle and might never happen). Under that assumption reality would kick in so hard that the Kurds would have no other choice. Right now they have a choice - and that choice is to ally themselves to the only living empire on earth to achieve their dreams of statehood - aka fuck Syria, fuck Russia, fuck Turkey, fuck Iraq, fuck Iran, fuck the Arabs and anyone opposed to their plans (although they will engage diplomatically cause that's the smart thing to do). Make no mistake, the Kurds are not on Syria's/Russian/Iranian camp and people need to get that very clear if it hasn't been clear enough since the beginning of this conflict.

    The Kurd leadership is setting up the Kurds to get f*cked over the in long run.   Uncle Scumbag isn't going to be around for the coming
    centuries to look out for them.   It is rather clear that the American Empire is in terminal decline.   Globalism will not last for various reasons
    including depletion of cheap liquid fuels.   The world will become much more local.

    The Kurds have not air defense weapons to do it this way. Is directly the US and their employees.

    The US loves to read the people that is opposed to them hating the Kurds.

    But they have 0 chance of fooling the gouvernments of the opposed countries.

    What about "SAA enganging SDF in combat" do you not understand?

    And yes, the U.S would love to see things escalate since they benefit and reap from chaos. That does not mean however that you allow to get abused constantly just cause "lets not play into U.S plan"..... at some point the nose will be so bloody from taking small punches that you'll have to address the source of the problem.

    The Turks are the key. But they don't have the balls to mess with their master's plan.

    Sources? I see lots of propaganda.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/

    The stream of news comes in consistently.

    Here is what all sources agree (including the American report): SDF and SAA/gov militias clashed/clashing and that the U.S took out a Syrian SU-22. The motives, who started it etc... that is obviously murky and depends on what side you believe in - the U.S/Kurds or the Syrian gov/Russia etc...

    Here is the problem: In order to speed up the Raqqah offensive and get control of the city without getting bogged down for a significant time the U.S needs an agreed/open corridor for ISIS personal to retreat to Deir-ez Zor (slowly but surely) so that an ISIS skeleton screw is left on Raqqah and dealt with by the Kurds. This also allows ISIS to intensify its siege on Deir-ez (with more personal), making it harder for the SAA to advance (and this benefits American plans in a myriad of ways). The SAA/Russians aren't stupid that's why they're bombing ISIS convoys leaving the Raqqah area towards Deir ez. That's probably why, in conjunction with the clashes, the U.S shot down the plane. The SAA nor its militias need air support to deal with the SDF in clashes and small skirmishes that are settled in small firefights, minor shelling, at worse artillery exchanges. You only use the air force when you're really making a statement and have the objective of advancing/crushing your foe. The SAA however does need its air force to deal with convoys in territories it does not control - like the territories ISIS is using as transit to move into Deir ez. That's why the American report smells like a big pile of stinking manure when it comes to "motives".

    Edit: Also kinda intrigued by the fact that operations are being carried from the Mediterranean instead of Incirlik base. Maybe the Turks are taping comms and leaking to Russia? Very real possibility.

    The Syrian Ministery of Defense seems to have confirmed an aircraft shut down by US.

    About the rest, I see lots of propaganda.

    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 114
    Points : 116
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  ATLASCUB on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 am

    eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:The U.S, through the Kurds are a ticking time bomb.... been saying it for ages. They're not there to make friends and settle....they're there to stir up shit by taking land and keeping a "peace keeping force" aka bases once the "conflict" ends on a newly "autonomous" region or "mini-state".

    More bait for more excuses so Trump can sign the sanctions bill with some "internal relief" due to "recent Russian and Iranian actions in Syria" IF any of the parties escalate as in a "normal" conflict it would logically follow in pattern. This is all bait by a Pentagon (which again, is not controlled by Trump). The Kurds will do whatever the fuck they're told and people need to realize that. No one, and I mean no one outside the United States is helping them in their little dream - as such, they owe the U.S military support, political support etc, etc, etc...a lifeline worth fighting for from their pov.

    The Kurds will only stop being american puppets when and if the Americans are successfully kicked out (which is a pickle and might never happen). Under that assumption reality would kick in so hard that the Kurds would have no other choice. Right now they have a choice - and that choice is to ally themselves to the only living empire on earth to achieve their dreams of statehood - aka fuck Syria, fuck Russia, fuck Turkey, fuck Iraq, fuck Iran, fuck the Arabs and anyone opposed to their plans (although they will engage diplomatically cause that's the smart thing to do). Make no mistake, the Kurds are not on Syria's/Russian/Iranian camp and people need to get that very clear if it hasn't been clear enough since the beginning of this conflict.

    The Kurd leadership is setting up the Kurds to get f*cked over the in long run.   Uncle Scumbag isn't going to be around for the coming
    centuries to look out for them.   It is rather clear that the American Empire is in terminal decline.   Globalism will not last for various reasons
    including depletion of cheap liquid fuels.   The world will become much more local.

    The Kurds have not air defense weapons to do it this way. Is directly the US and their employees.

    The US loves to read the people that is opposed to them hating the Kurds.

    But they have 0 chance of fooling the gouvernments of the opposed countries.

    What about "SAA enganging SDF in combat" do you not understand?

    And yes, the U.S would love to see things escalate since they benefit and reap from chaos. That does not mean however that you allow to get abused constantly just cause "lets not play into U.S plan"..... at some point the nose will be so bloody from taking small punches that you'll have to address the source of the problem.

    The Turks are the key. But they don't have the balls to mess with their master's plan.

    Sources? I see lots of propaganda.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/

    The stream of news comes in consistently.

    Here is what all sources agree (including the American report): SDF and SAA/gov militias clashed/clashing and that the U.S took out a Syrian SU-22. The motives, who started it etc... that is obviously murky and depends on what side you believe in - the U.S/Kurds or the Syrian gov/Russia etc...

    Here is the problem: In order to speed up the Raqqah offensive and get control of the city without getting bogged down for a significant time the U.S needs an agreed/open corridor for ISIS personal to retreat to Deir-ez Zor (slowly but surely) so that an ISIS skeleton screw is left on Raqqah and dealt with by the Kurds. This also allows ISIS to intensify its siege on Deir-ez (with more personal), making it harder for the SAA to advance (and this benefits American plans in a myriad of ways). The SAA/Russians aren't stupid that's why they're bombing ISIS convoys leaving the Raqqah area towards Deir ez. That's probably why, in conjunction with the clashes, the U.S shot down the plane. The SAA nor its militias need air support to deal with the SDF in clashes and small skirmishes that are settled in small firefights, minor shelling, at worse artillery exchanges. You only use the air force when you're really making a statement and have the objective of advancing/crushing your foe. The SAA however does need its air force to deal with convoys in territories it does not control - like the territories ISIS is using as transit to move into Deir ez. That's why the American report smells like a big pile of stinking manure when it comes to "motives".

    Edit: Also kinda intrigued by the fact that operations are being carried from the Mediterranean instead of Incirlik base. Maybe the Turks are taping comms and leaking to Russia? Very real possibility.

    The Syrian Ministery of Defense seems to have confirmed an aircraft shut down by US.

    About the rest, I see lots of propaganda.

    That's ok eehnie. Kurds still good.

    avatar
    Airman

    Posts : 235
    Points : 277
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Republic of Turkey

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  Airman on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 am

    Hi, Vann7. Time is changing but you are still the same. You still talk about old things but anyway. Russian and Syrian forces must be fast in Syria. YPG terrorists almost capture Raqqa. When they completely capture Raqqa, Their next target will be Deir ez-Zor. Their main target is the oil fields in Syria. When they capture all the oil fields in Syria, Syria will never be able to repair itself.

    We don't want any piece of land from Syria. Nobody wants to capture poor cities in Syria except YPG. We are in Syria because of YPG. YPG are steal or control much more land in Syria, more than Turkey or Syrian Government controls.
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 1310
    Points : 1335
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  eehnie on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 am

    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:The U.S, through the Kurds are a ticking time bomb.... been saying it for ages. They're not there to make friends and settle....they're there to stir up shit by taking land and keeping a "peace keeping force" aka bases once the "conflict" ends on a newly "autonomous" region or "mini-state".

    More bait for more excuses so Trump can sign the sanctions bill with some "internal relief" due to "recent Russian and Iranian actions in Syria" IF any of the parties escalate as in a "normal" conflict it would logically follow in pattern. This is all bait by a Pentagon (which again, is not controlled by Trump). The Kurds will do whatever the fuck they're told and people need to realize that. No one, and I mean no one outside the United States is helping them in their little dream - as such, they owe the U.S military support, political support etc, etc, etc...a lifeline worth fighting for from their pov.

    The Kurds will only stop being american puppets when and if the Americans are successfully kicked out (which is a pickle and might never happen). Under that assumption reality would kick in so hard that the Kurds would have no other choice. Right now they have a choice - and that choice is to ally themselves to the only living empire on earth to achieve their dreams of statehood - aka fuck Syria, fuck Russia, fuck Turkey, fuck Iraq, fuck Iran, fuck the Arabs and anyone opposed to their plans (although they will engage diplomatically cause that's the smart thing to do). Make no mistake, the Kurds are not on Syria's/Russian/Iranian camp and people need to get that very clear if it hasn't been clear enough since the beginning of this conflict.

    The Kurd leadership is setting up the Kurds to get f*cked over the in long run.   Uncle Scumbag isn't going to be around for the coming
    centuries to look out for them.   It is rather clear that the American Empire is in terminal decline.   Globalism will not last for various reasons
    including depletion of cheap liquid fuels.   The world will become much more local.

    The Kurds have not air defense weapons to do it this way. Is directly the US and their employees.

    The US loves to read the people that is opposed to them hating the Kurds.

    But they have 0 chance of fooling the gouvernments of the opposed countries.

    What about "SAA enganging SDF in combat" do you not understand?

    And yes, the U.S would love to see things escalate since they benefit and reap from chaos. That does not mean however that you allow to get abused constantly just cause "lets not play into U.S plan"..... at some point the nose will be so bloody from taking small punches that you'll have to address the source of the problem.

    The Turks are the key. But they don't have the balls to mess with their master's plan.

    Sources? I see lots of propaganda.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/

    The stream of news comes in consistently.

    Here is what all sources agree (including the American report): SDF and SAA/gov militias clashed/clashing and that the U.S took out a Syrian SU-22. The motives, who started it etc... that is obviously murky and depends on what side you believe in - the U.S/Kurds or the Syrian gov/Russia etc...

    Here is the problem: In order to speed up the Raqqah offensive and get control of the city without getting bogged down for a significant time the U.S needs an agreed/open corridor for ISIS personal to retreat to Deir-ez Zor (slowly but surely) so that an ISIS skeleton screw is left on Raqqah and dealt with by the Kurds. This also allows ISIS to intensify its siege on Deir-ez (with more personal), making it harder for the SAA to advance (and this benefits American plans in a myriad of ways). The SAA/Russians aren't stupid that's why they're bombing ISIS convoys leaving the Raqqah area towards Deir ez. That's probably why, in conjunction with the clashes, the U.S shot down the plane. The SAA nor its militias need air support to deal with the SDF in clashes and small skirmishes that are settled in small firefights, minor shelling, at worse artillery exchanges. You only use the air force when you're really making a statement and have the objective of advancing/crushing your foe. The SAA however does need its air force to deal with convoys in territories it does not control - like the territories ISIS is using as transit to move into Deir ez. That's why the American report smells like a big pile of stinking manure when it comes to "motives".

    Edit: Also kinda intrigued by the fact that operations are being carried from the Mediterranean instead of Incirlik base. Maybe the Turks are taping comms and leaking to Russia? Very real possibility.

    The Syrian Ministery of Defense seems to have confirmed an aircraft shut down by US.

    About the rest, I see lots of propaganda.

    That's ok eehnie. Kurds still good.

    Yes.

    And the answer that I expect from Russia to counter the provocations of the US, that want retaliations vs the Kurds, is just a lack of retaliation vs the Kurds, and an open supply of aircrafts and spare parts to the Syrian Air Forces (basically good numbers of L-39 and some Be-12). Russia knows perfectly well that the US wants to dress of Kurd their employees attacking Syria, and knows perfectly well that the US wants the Kurds to be attacked to jump officially in the war "to defend the Kurds".

    Also I expect Syria keeps safer their best aircrafts (Su-24, MiG-29, Su-17/20/22 and MiG-23).
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 1310
    Points : 1335
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  eehnie on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 am

    Airman wrote:Hi, Vann7. Time is changing but you are still the same. You still talk about old things but anyway. Russian and Syrian forces must be fast in Syria. YPG terrorists almost capture Raqqa. When they completely capture Raqqa, Their next target will be Deir ez-Zor. Their main target is the oil fields in Syria. When they capture all the oil fields in Syria, Syria will never be able to repair itself.

    We don't want any piece of land from Syria. Nobody wants to capture poor cities in Syria except YPG. We are in Syria because of YPG. YPG are steal or control much more land in Syria, more than Turkey or Syrian Government controls.

    Propaganda.

    To be credible on this Turkey should retire to their own borders giving to the gouvernment of Syria the territory they invaded without permission.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3453
    Points : 3571
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 am

    Airman wrote:We are in Syria because of YPG. YPG are steal or control much more land in Syria, more than Turkey or Syrian Government controls.


    You still refuse to understand , what caused the problem.
    Your Leader Erdogan ,for no reason ,began to provide weapons to any Rebel group
    terrorist group that wanted to fight against Assad and its army . Turkey military
    was even firing artillery across the border on Syrian military bases to help any mercenary group to take over it.  So Erdogan knows , he knew ,that if he defeat the Syrian army in norther Syria
    the kurds will take over those lands. Comprendes?  Understand this?

    Erdogan is the reason Kurds increased in Power significantly in Syria. Because he have
    been in total hostility not only to Syrian Army but also To Russia. understand this?

    So if Erdogan wanted to correct the problem. what he will have done is APOLOGIZE
    to the Syrian Government and recognize the Syrians sovereignty and territorial integrity.
    and Offer Help to the Syrian Government and Syrian Army to retake control of all the territory
    they lost ,consequence of Erdogan Illegal support for terrorism and any armed group. understand ?

    But what erdogan is doing is making things way more Harder for Syria government.
    Because by Invading Syria ,he is forcing Syria military to deploy major military force in Latakia
    just to keep an eye on Turkey army.  understand?  So Erdogan is not helping much is making things way harder. If ERdogan really wanted to stop Kurds , it will make an alliance with Syria
    and IRAN and not continue asking americans to start a no fly zone to shut down Syrian planes. understand this?  SO what is wrong with your logic dude? Erdogan is not behaving like a friend,
    but like an enemy. And it doesn't matter what Edogan says in the media , the actions is what counts. Erdogan now controls Idlib and did not transfer those lands to Syrian army. Why ERdogan does not offer a join protection of the border with Syria ,IRAN and Russia? if all he wants is to keep Kurds out ?  This is what you don't want to see. Erdogan is playing a game.
    just like Americans. that says they dont want a fight with Syria ,but goes a shutdown their planes. for bombing ISIS.  Erdogan and American are all playing games ,and their actions all shows that their real interest is to partition Syria.  Erdogan wants sunni puppets very hostile to the Syrian government , who have beheading their soldiers, under his control in all northern Syria and Americans wants kurds hostile to Turkey and Syria instead ,to be the ones that do that.   The kurds lived for decades in the north of Syria and Erdogan never had a reason to invade in the past. but now that Syria is weakened after losing hundred of thousands soldiers ,
    thanks to Turkey and NATO ,and Saudi Arabia and Israel. then now that Syria is weaken ,Erdogan not only invade Syria ,but hold the territory and do not transfer it to its real owners.
    Erdogan is stealing lands , no different than Kurds.. and the only difference is the reasons , Erdogan wants to restore an Empire and Kurds wants their independence with a country.
    So you say Russia block Turkey from attacking Kurds. But Erdogans what he is doing?
    He is precisely Block Syrian army from capturing its border with Turkey. So Erdogan is a major part of the problem. If Erdogan wants to stop kurds ,all he needs is to ally with Syria government and jointly fight Kurds , but no. he keeps Syrian army away of Idlib on its own land for sole reason that he have intentions to take control permanently of those territories.
    and no , the territories he wants to control have oil and Gas , not poor. he did not took Raqqa only because Syria army managed to close the path of Turkey army to Raqqa. if not the Turkey ARmy will have been in control of half of Syria in a major blatant aggression. erdogan wants Syria oil and gas fields and kurds under siege but at same time ,wants to see Syria as a very weak nation too ,so it can't reclaim back their lands. Erdogan hosted thousands of armed jihadist and used their border as a safe zone for all the rebels and terror groups fighting against Syria.

    If erdogan really wanted to help Syrian army to restore control of its borders again ,which will defacto reverse Kurds gains in territory. He could do it right now , by making an alliance with Russia and Syria. But erdogan just weeks ago ,when Trump order the cruise missile attack ,he was praising it, and was asking Americans to start a no fly zone against Russia and Assad planes. So simply your completely in denial of the reality. Erdogan is a major part of the problem in Syria. If Erdogan really wanted it ,he could made an alliance with Russia and Syria to help Syrian people retake all their lands. But all he does is create a no enter zones for Syrian
    military on their own land . lol1  so what kind of justification ERdogan have to illegally block Syria from taking its own land? and also blocks Russia . a zone inside Syria that only Turkey and his puppets can enter. this in an act of war ,and act of aggression
    it have nothing to do with "Self defense" from Kurds ,because he helped kurds gain territory by attacking the Syrian army. he in less than 24 hours can reverse all the gain of Kurds if just apologize to Syria government for his crimes and offer them to take control over their positions . that will be something. but Erdogan have other plans ,he clearly wants to not only block Kurds from taking northern Syria but also Syria army too.

    What will you say if things were reversed.. And Syrian government send its military to invade
    Turkey to capture a City , and later claim that it was in "self defense" to keep Kurds from growing in influence in the zone?  Erdogan just stopped advancing on Syrian army positions ,only because of the economic Pressure from Russia. on its tourism. But he can easily in no time put an end to the Kurds if he just allied with Syria and IRAN and transfer back the territories under his occupation from Syria. but clearly he is playing games ,just like Americans.
    and weakening Syria government with its invasion is part of his goals.

    You claim im focusing in the past , but is not the past. is the present too. Erdogan continues
    to provide weapons to factions very hostile to the Syrian army ,like the FSA ,and this is not the behavior of a nation friendly to Syria. Only Iran and Russia behaves like friends of Syria ,but not Turkey.

    eehnie :

    Propaganda.

    To be credible on this Turkey should retire to their own borders giving to the gouvernment of Syria the territory they invaded without permission.


    thats exactly what i told to the Turkey visitor. ERdogan in just a couple of days can reverse very easily all the gains of the Kurds if allied with Syria and earned their trust back. and that can only be obtained by returning the lands it occupy to Syrian army control. and offering help with its military to fight Americans backed rebels . But erdogan is not a fool . he knows what he wants. and holding a big piece of land forever from Syria ,is part of what he wants. he wanted
    to "liberate" Raqqa,  and take the lots of oil fields there. but he was unable to do it ,when
    Syrian army block them from any advance after Turkey capture a city in northern aleppo.

    JohninMK

    Posts : 4571
    Points : 4628
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 am

    Latest is that Iran fired 6 of their Zolfaghar missile last night at ISIS command points etc in or around Deir. They could have done a lot of damage but I bet we won't see any on Twitter.

    Mike, that F-18 came in from the George Bush currently off Israel not the Gulf where there is no USN carrier atm. We don't know what, if any, extra radar Russia has on hill around Latakia or elsewhere but it certainly has access to the SyAF radar system so the Russians would have tracked it all the way to Raqqa, via Turkey or Jordan, without a problem.
    avatar
    arpakola

    Posts : 1510
    Points : 1542
    Join date : 2014-03-12
    Age : 49
    Location : Athens

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  arpakola on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:48 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Latest is that Iran fired 6 of their Zolfaghar missile last night at ISIS command points etc in or around Deir. They could have done a lot of damage but I bet we won't see any on Twitter.

    Mike, that F-18 came in from the George Bush currently off Israel not the Gulf where there is no USN carrier atm. We don't know what, if any, extra radar Russia has on hill around Latakia or elsewhere but it certainly has access to the SyAF radar system so the Russians would have tracked it all the way to Raqqa, via Turkey or Jordan, without a problem.

    Ιts not a radar problem

    As long as Trump is deeply involved in investigation commities etc , for talkin to Russians.. he is an undermined president and the Deep state and Pendagon apply their own angenda that includes US - Russian confrontation

    So patience is a virtue in this case




    Last edited by arpakola on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1132
    Points : 1134
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  calm on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:14 pm

    Video of launches
    HQ
    https://twitter.com/C_Military1/status/876757287590920192

    Video of strikes, from drone.
    Target is new IS capital - http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.013127&lon=40.458012&z=13&m=b&search=Hama

    Vann7

    Posts : 3453
    Points : 3571
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 pm

    It looks like Russia patience is ending..  Smile


    US-led coalition’s downing of Syrian plane ‘act of aggression’ & ‘support for terrorists’ – Moscow

    https://www.rt.com/news/393009-syria-plane-downing-aggression/


    Russian military halts Syria sky incident prevention interactions with US as of June 19 – Moscow

    https://www.rt.com/news/393028-syria-russia-us-plane/

    This can escalate in a matter of a day or two .

    Some reports , people claiming saying IRAN is in process to deploy its own airdefenses
    analogues to the S-300 in Syria to shutdown American planes.

    This is interesting ,because if IRAN shutdown an american plane , The US congress and Pentagon will have no way to blame Russia. and neither Americans will have a way
    to stop IRAN with effective way. without a full scale war on them. which will trigger even more major negative consequences. This allow Russia to shield behind IRAN . And the Pentagon and US congress will need to declare war on IRAN or else backdown in Syria.  Is something similar to what pentagon is doing fighting by proxy.

    In other words ,It will be better if IRAN and not Russia and not Syria,
    shut down american planes. Because this give Russia a space to negotiate an agreement.
    And even allows Trump to continue promoting his alternative view about Syria. But if Russia shutdown an american plane , Trump will look like an idiot defending Russia and going against its own military. So there is a LOT of politics ,behind all the unwritten Rules of engagement.
    every one needs to have a solid reason to justify their actions. When Turkey attack the Russian plane, Russia bring S-400s and more warships. If US attack again syrian army and IRAN shot it down , then Russia can say it was not us who did it. but IRAN and they have the right to defend themselves. Winning the moral high ground in every conflict with public opinion is
    very important ,it what could make the difference of a war to be avoided or not.

    JohninMK

    Posts : 4571
    Points : 4628
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 pm

    The last time the Russians closed the 'prevent conflict in the air' phoneline the US/Coalition stopped flying over Syria.

    I think the full text of your link to the announcement by Moscow is worth pasting here as it directly contradicts the US comments yesterday. If you want to check read para 3 of my post 736 above and compare with the last sentence of para 4 below. Either Moscow or CENTCOM are lying.

    The Russian Defense Ministry announced it is halting cooperation with its US counterparts in the framework of the Memorandum on the Prevention of Incidents and Ensuring Air Safety in Syria following the coalition’s downing of a Syrian warplane.

    The ministry has demanded a thorough investigation by the US military command into the incident with the Syrian government military jet, with the results to be shared with the Russian side.

    “In the areas of combat missions of Russian air fleet in Syrian skies, any airborne objects, including aircraft and unmanned vehicles of the [US-led] international coalition, located to the west of the Euphrates River, will be tracked by Russian ground and air defense forces as air targets,” the Russian Ministry of Defense stated. Downing the military jet within Syrian airspace “cynically” violates the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic, Russian military said. The actions of the US Air Force are in fact “military aggression” against Syria, the statement adds.

    The ministry emphasized that Russian warplanes were on a mission in Syrian airspace during the US-led coalition’s attack on the Syrian Su-22, while the coalition failed to use the communication line to prevent an incident. “The command of the coalition forces did not use the existing communication channel between the air commands of Al Udeid Airbase (in Qatar) and the Khmeimim Airbase to prevent incidents in Syrian airspace.”

    The ministry considers the move “a conscious failure to comply with the obligations under the Memorandum on the Prevention of Incidents and Ensuring Air Safety in Syria,” and is thus halting cooperation with the US within the memorandum framework as of June 19, the statement concluded.

    JohninMK

    Posts : 4571
    Points : 4628
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:03 pm

    Light relief. Wonder where the SAA are planning to use these two?


    JohninMK

    Posts : 4571
    Points : 4628
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:16 pm

    By shear co-incidence there was a drone over Deir last night that seemed, probably by divine intervention, to be aware of where 4 of the 6? Iranian missiles were going to land. The videos are a few posts down in this thread

    https://twitter.com/WithinSyriaBlog

    Also from that blog

    Within Syria‏ @WithinSyriaBlog 5h5 hours ago

    Russian sign 4 ceasefire agreement with Ahrar Al-Sham for the first time ,Ahrar under direct Qatari influence ,first reflect of Gulf crisis

    JohninMK

    Posts : 4571
    Points : 4628
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:18 pm

    Looks like they got there! Do they go straight ahead into the desert or turn right?

    avatar
    arpakola

    Posts : 1510
    Points : 1542
    Join date : 2014-03-12
    Age : 49
    Location : Athens

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  arpakola on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:42 pm

    calm wrote:Video of launches
    HQ
    https://twitter.com/C_Military1/status/876757287590920192

    Video of strikes, from drone.
    Target is new IS capital - http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.013127&lon=40.458012&z=13&m=b&search=Hama

    Seems that ta CEP (expected Drone camera targeting and Hit) is no more then few 10s of meters..
    Is thiS pOssible after such a long flight WITH ONLY INERCIAL Guidance ??
    avatar
    arpakola

    Posts : 1510
    Points : 1542
    Join date : 2014-03-12
    Age : 49
    Location : Athens

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  arpakola on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:51 pm

    DAMASCUS, SYRIA (3:25 P.M.) – Russian military will track all the aircraft west of Euphrates river in Syria, including US-led coalition’s jets and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), as legitimate aerial targets, Interfax agency quoted Russian Ministry of Defense as saying.
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/russian-military-track-coalition-jets-targets-syria-ministry-defense/
    “Any aerial objects, including warplanes and UAVs belonging to international coalition, spotted west of Euphrates river, will be escorted and tracked by Russian air defense systems both on the ground and in the air as aerial targets,” MoD announced in its official statement issued soon after US-led coalition brought Syrian fighter jet down in Raqqa province.

    In addition to that, Russian MoD announced it had halted coordination with Pentagon on Syria after yesterday’s incident.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #13

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 pm