Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+38
storm333
AbdulhamidtheSecond
auslander
Hannibal Barca
d_taddei2
medo
arpakola
miketheterrible
eehnie
VladimirSahin
Airman
OminousSpudd
George1
Project Canada
Vann7
ultimatewarrior
JohninMK
Firebird
Benya
PapaDragon
calm
yavar
Visc
VARGR198
franco
SeigSoloyvov
GarryB
KomissarBojanchev
kvs
KiloGolf
Big_Gazza
crod
Regular
BKP
TheArmenian
par far
lycantrop
nomadski
42 posters

Syrian War: News #13

calm
    calm

Syrian War: News #13 - Page 36 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #13

Post  calm Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm

^

Majd Fahd @Syria_Protector is cousin of downed pilot.
    For any news on that subject he is the only real source that we can trust now.
    https://twitter.com/Syria_Protector/status/876541333049102341

Post  Guest Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:31 pm

eehnie wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    eehnie wrote:Well, No-Fly Zone has been officially stablished for the US and allies in most of the Syrian territory.

And has been stablished with the explicit compromise of Russia of enforcing it.

Russia and Syria would not do it if they would not be ready to do it at this point.

Of course the tricks of the US trying to dress their employees of Kurds worked not.

Syria cant enforce no fly zone over two blocks of Damascus, let alone Syria lol Very Happy

Fairly wrong. Fairly silly comment that put yourself in the right place. Selfdamage.

Oh, my bad sorry. Syrian Airforce, best airforce. Go, go power rangers!
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Militarov wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    eehnie wrote:Well, No-Fly Zone has been officially stablished for the US and allies in most of the Syrian territory.

And has been stablished with the explicit compromise of Russia of enforcing it.

Russia and Syria would not do it if they would not be ready to do it at this point.

Of course the tricks of the US trying to dress their employees of Kurds worked not.

Syria cant enforce no fly zone over two blocks of Damascus, let alone Syria lol Very Happy

Fairly wrong. Fairly silly comment that put yourself in the right place. Selfdamage.

Oh, my bad sorry. Syrian Airforce, best airforce. Go, go power rangers!

Post  Guest Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:42 pm

miketheterrible wrote:

As said by SOC, even at very long range it is effective.  It was mentioned in 2012 by the developers that 48N6D maximum range is 300km.  You can question it all you want but SOC knows his shit and has been talking about this for almost over a decade on keypublishing forums.  Wish he was still around wherever he is so he can finally put this to rest.  Since the Radar systems would see the targets farther than 400km then the missile would reach its destination quite well.  Within the 300km range of the 48N6D/M and as mentioned, would fly in then turn on its sensors at near last minute giving no time for the jets to circumvent the launch.

The simple fact that Russia stated they would use both their AF and SAM systems to target and engage aircrafts west of the Euphrates gives indication that they know their own system.  The mentioned range of 48N6E that you mention is based upon export model.  They don't use export of their own hence why it is called E at the end of it.  Add to that, if they knew they couldn't they wouldn't bluff like that AND then pull off the communication structure.  If US didn't believe them, they wouldn't have now eased off their aircrafts to prevent provocation.

And who is he exactly to put anything to rest lol? Seriously...stop being retarded fanboy. Most of your posts are just braindamaging, do you ever stay aside and read your posts like you read someones else posts? None ever, with any legit source, claimed that 48N6D or any variant of it (as there were few developments) was fielded with 300km range. Just because someone, somewhere posted shit on forum...doesnt make it true. Learn to filter BS, plausible claims and truth.

You missed seeing that i included both domestic and export variant in my statement, not only E. I am not moron i know what i am saying.

Also you have very, twisted image of what maximum range means. It doesnt mean you can hit target 300km away, let alone attack target that is forming with its path tangent line for maximum range. That is just absurd. If you want some drawing or math i am very happy to provide.

And please dont go into guidance methods i will vomit, seriously. Stop claiming to understand things you never even saw irl.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:45 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    eehnie wrote:

This smell to fake news thousands of Kms.
    I suspect that's correct and W-i-B is well known for it. But this article went to a curious level of detail that could have been fed to them but still as rubbish of course. If there had have been more Su-22 it is probable someone would have spotted them and their reaction to their buddy being shot down would have been interesting, unless a sudden command came over the radio "return to base" in Russian. Suspect there will be Mig-23s around next time, assuming the SyAF have enough, otherwise its the RuAF.

Incidently, once the SAA gets to Deir I doubt there will be any problems for the RuAF if they want to use Iran for fuel stopovers again. About time the RuAF big boys laid some more waste.

MiG-23s wont do you much good tho in that fight No
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Militarov wrote:

MiG-23s wont do you much good tho in that fight No

Won't argue with that point.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Dropping like flies from what looks to be rival not Government action.

The'Nimr'Tiger@Souria4Syrians 56m56 minutes ago

A commander in Al-Qaeda was assassinated today in Daraa when IED targeted his car. Nasty stuff

Hassan Ridha‏ @sayed_ridha 7h7 hours ago

Hassan Ridha Retweeted Hassan Ridha

2 commanders of Homs unit affiliated with Sultan Murad Brigade were killed in explosion at their HQ in al-Bab

Last edited by JohninMK on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

As said by SOC, even at very long range it is effective.  It was mentioned in 2012 by the developers that 48N6D maximum range is 300km.  You can question it all you want but SOC knows his shit and has been talking about this for almost over a decade on keypublishing forums.  Wish he was still around wherever he is so he can finally put this to rest.  Since the Radar systems would see the targets farther than 400km then the missile would reach its destination quite well.  Within the 300km range of the 48N6D/M and as mentioned, would fly in then turn on its sensors at near last minute giving no time for the jets to circumvent the launch.

The simple fact that Russia stated they would use both their AF and SAM systems to target and engage aircrafts west of the Euphrates gives indication that they know their own system.  The mentioned range of 48N6E that you mention is based upon export model.  They don't use export of their own hence why it is called E at the end of it.  Add to that, if they knew they couldn't they wouldn't bluff like that AND then pull off the communication structure.  If US didn't believe them, they wouldn't have now eased off their aircrafts to prevent provocation.

And who is he exactly to put anything to rest lol? Seriously...stop being retarded fanboy. Most of your posts are just braindamaging, do you ever stay aside and read your posts like you read someones else posts? None ever, with any legit source, claimed that 48N6D or any variant of it (as there were few developments) was fielded with 300km range. Just because someone, somewhere posted shit on forum...doesnt make it true. Learn to filter BS, plausible claims and truth.

You missed seeing that i included both domestic and export variant in my statement, not only E. I am not moron i know what i am saying.

Also you have very, twisted image of what maximum range means. It doesnt mean you can hit target 300km away, let alone attack target that is forming with its path tangent line for maximum range. That is just absurd. If you want some drawing or math i am very happy to provide.

And please dont go into guidance methods i will vomit, seriously. Stop claiming to understand things you never even saw irl.

strong words from someone who made quite retarded comments in the past. If SOC is still around, ill let him tell you. Maybe if TR1 ever comes back.

And what is your experience with 48N6? Nothing? Figured so.

So please, save your drivel for someone else. Not like I take your opinion seriously. But please, keep telling how I'm wrong. Seems the Russians themselves are fine with their statements and if you want to say they are bluffing, then that is fine. But like I said, the Americans took it seriously. Even though you think they can't strike past 250Km
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Does someone have numbers of naval units and fighter jets, awacs of US forces around Syria ? And those of Ru forces ? Can someone summerize it ?
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:04 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    calm wrote:
    CNN: US F-15E fighter jet shoots down Iranian-made Shahed 129 pro-regime drone in Syria; was armed and in firing range of US troops
    https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/877158038993424384

Father the Lout is getting desperate to start trouble lately

Best response would be for SAA to grab some more of that sweet territory from ISIS and rebels

Mother wants that alimony moneyz russia

The Lout is drunk as usual, more on hubris than strong spirits, but drunk all the same. Mother will get her alimony one way or the other, be it a stick in Lout's eye or a hot poker up his oh-gawd-not-there. He can choose the method of payment but payment it will be.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Isos wrote:Does someone have numbers of naval units and fighter jets, awacs of US forces around Syria ? And those of Ru forces ? Can someone summerize it ?

Hard to say, those numbers change on fairly frequent basis.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:09 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

strong words from someone who made quite retarded comments in the past. If SOC is still around, ill let him tell you. Maybe if TR1 ever comes back.

So please, save your drivel for someone else. Not like I take your opinion seriously.  But please, keep telling how I'm wrong. Seems the Russians themselves are fine with their statements and if you want to say they are bluffing, then that is fine. But like I said, the Americans took it seriously. Even though you think they can't strike past 250Km

I stand behind all of my comments, liked you them or not, all of them have solid base. Yours i am afraid do not. Oh yes, let him tell me, please Suspect

I have very rich general experience with air-defence equpipment. What is your experience with anything related to military? You always somehow skip remembering fact i am military edcuated, you are not.

None of you ever brings any real argument to the discussion, you just spill "someone said that or this" and "you are Murican spy" or "You are troll". Some nice, solid argument, fact or something of a sort once in a while would be nice.

Yea... because i value your opinion so much lol1
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

So please, save your drivel for someone else. Not like I take your opinion seriously.  But please, keep telling how I'm wrong. Seems the Russians themselves are fine with their statements and if you want to say they are bluffing, then that is fine. But like I said, the Americans took it seriously. Even though you think they can't strike past 250Km

I stand behind all of my comments, liked you them or not, all of them have solid base. Yours i am afraid do not. Oh yes, let him tell me, please Suspect

I have very rich general experience with air-defence equpipment. What is your experience with anything related to military? You always somehow skip remembering fact i am military edcuated, you are not.

Yea... because i value your opinion so much lol1

mine is entirely based on family members experience with NORAD of the 80's. No direct military myself. Your educated on air defense systems. Wonderful. Ones not used in Serbia might I add?

The feeling is mutual anyway. So you can collectively fuck off if you dont like my views, and views shared by others. I tend to take Sean O Connor at face value even if you don't.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:25 pm

miketheterrible wrote:

mine is entirely based on family members experience with NORAD of the 80's. No direct military myself. Your educated on air defense systems. Wonderful. Ones not used in Serbia might I add?

The feeling is mutual anyway. So you can collectively fuck off if you dont like my views, and views shared by others. I tend to take Sean O Connor at face value even if you don't.

Oh please stop insulting our lntelligence please. NORAD Very Happy , go away now seriously clown Or actually tell us more, please, we had one already that worked in NASA here, maybe you could join your resources  lol1

Military education provides alot more than training on system you are supposed to work on you know. General knowledge of equipment used by not only your own forces but plausible enemy, allies. You dont need to spend 20 years on S-300PMU2 to know its limitations that appear on every single AD system ever produced, due to things called laws of physics and math.

I am here alot longer than you, there are people around here that met me irl even, i dont need your approval for anything nor i seek for it. Just slight appreciation.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Oh please stop insulting our lntelligence please. NORAD Very Happy , go away now seriously clown Or actually tell us more, please, we had one already that worked in NASA here, maybe you could join your resources  lol1

Military education provides alot more than training on system you are supposed to work on you know. General knowledge of equipment used by not only your own forces but plausible enemy, allies. You dont need to spend 20 years on S-300PMU2 to know its limitations that appear on every single AD system ever produced, due to things called laws of physics and math.

I am here alot longer than you, there are people around here that met me irl even, i dont need your approval for anything nor i seek for it. Just slight appreciation.

northern Winnipeg is called the Dewlines. Figure the rest out. Didn't say I did though. But I don't care if you believe me or not.

Anyway, like you don't believe me, I sure don't believe you. And you are not gonna get appreciation from me so don't worry. Don't want to talk to me or listen to views different than your own? Block me then. As well, I don't know you and don't give a fuck if some other no name on here met you irl. Like you said, it is a forums.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

northern Winnipeg is called the Dewlines. Figure the rest out. Didn't say I did though. But I don't care if you believe me or not.

Anyway, like you don't believe me, I sure don't believe you. And you are not gonna get appreciation from me so don't worry. Don't want to talk to me or listen to views different than your own? Block me then. As well, I don't know you and don't give a fuck if some other no name on here met you irl. Like you said, it is a forums.

Syrian War: News #13 - Page 36 396202
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Then why are you responding to me? That's your own fault.

And yet you took a time to find a children's cartoon meme. Good job.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Militarov wrote:
    Isos wrote:Does someone have numbers of naval units and fighter jets, awacs of US forces around Syria ? And those of Ru forces ? Can someone summerize it ?

Yes but for US force I tried to see on their media and website, there is 0 information. I know when their was the Su-24 incident their F-15 left the incirlik air base. In Jordania they have an airbase with the French, maybe no more airbases in Irak with fighters. Their is 1 carrier near Syrian cost too.

For Russian navy you can follow they movement on the turkish navy website where spotter posts photos od military ship going through bosphorus.

The carrier could be in danger if Syrian forces decide to destroy it. It's reachable at low altitude to evry Syrian bombers and they have 72 onix in two Bastion P complexe, plus they have data from Russian radars. Even if I doubt they will try to but now with Russia saying it will target any foreign jet out there, they couldn't go back if Syria wants a revange.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Isos wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Yes but for US force I tried to see on their media and website, there is 0 information. I know when their was the Su-24 incident their F-15 left the incirlik air base. In Jordania they have an airbase with the French, maybe no more airbases in Irak with fighters. Their is 1 carrier near Syrian cost too.

For Russian navy you can follow they movement on the turkish navy website where spotter posts photos od military ship going through bosphorus.

The carrier could be in danger if Syrian forces decide to destroy it. It's reachable at low altitude to evry Syrian bombers and they have 72 onix in two Bastion P complexe, plus they have data from Russian radars. Even if I doubt they will try to but now with Russia saying it will target any foreign jet out there, they couldn't go back if Syria wants a revange.
    It depends whether you split Syria and Iraq or regard elements of them as the same fight. Certainly with US and Coalition air and sea forces there seems to be no differentiation, from the USS George Bush, off Cyprus  to the USAF bases all the way from Incirlik to Qatar plus Akrotiri, much of which seems to rotate in and out so pretty much impossible to count, plus a lot is classified.

As to 'boots on the ground' I think that the current count is around 500 SF all over the place of various nationalities, plus 500 or so USMC artillery north of Raqqa, plus probably another 500 US logistics and supply teams.

Anyone think of any more? And put some Russian/Iranian etc numbers in.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:36 pm

According to a source in the Syrian Arab Air Force (SyAAF), Lieutenant Colonel Ali Fahd took off in the afternoon of June 18 from the T4 airbase east of Homs.

According to our source the Su-22M4 was loaded with six general purpose OFAB 250-270 bombs. Ali Fahd’s mission was to strike ISIS fighters and vehicles attempting to withdrew from Rusafah in the province of Raqqah towards Sukhnah in the province of Homs and Oqerbat in the eastern Hama countryside – near Ali Fahd’s home town of Salamyiah. Connection with Ali Fahd was lost after reaching the operation area over Rusafah.

From the other end of the story Mary Walash, a CBS producer, said that US Navy A/F-18E Super Hornet fired two missiles at the Syrian warplane. It had to fire a second missile after the first missed. According to Walash’s story, the engagement range was below 6 miles meaning that mostly the A/F-18E used the IR guided AIM-9. Probably it used the AIM-9X variant that was introduced on the A/F-18E of the US Navy in 2007. The US introduced the AIM-9X as an extremely advanced short range air-to-air missile designed to overtake high maneuverable Soviet and Russian warplanes from the MiG-29 and Su-27 families.

However, Ali Fahd was able to dodge the first missile and even the second exploded near Ali Fahd’s Su-22M4 –due to the Laser\IR fuze in the AIM-9X – and was not able to hit it directly according to Walash.

It’s fair to say that Lieutenant colonel Ali Fahd did everything he could in his cold war era warplane that got no radar (it’s a ground attack warplane). It’s also fair to say that the US pilot weapon chose was essential for his success as Ali Fahd’s plane is not equipped with an IR\UV Warning Sensor. However it got a Radar Warning Sensor. If the US pilot chose to use the AIM-120 with active radar guidance, Ali Fahd would have known that he is being targeted and the F/A-18E would have lost the element of surprise.

Furthermore, losing connection with Ali Fahd allows to suggest that his communications may had been jammed right before he was downed. SF was not able to receive info if Ali Fahd preformed any airstrike against ISIS before being hit. As connection was jammed it may mean Ali Fahd’s warplane was downed even before dropping a single bomb. This supports the version provided by the Syrian government and the pro-opposition Syrian Observatory for Human Rights that said Ali Fahd’s Su-22M4 never attacked positions of the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).

According to Ali Fahd’s relative Al-Masdar News reporter, Majd Fahed, Ali Fahd was captured by the SDF and Tiger Forces Leader General Suheil Al-Hassan is negotiating with SDF in order to free Ali Fahd.

The SDF side has released no official comments on the situation. However, SDF sources confirmed that Ali Fahd was captured by the SDF suggesting that the group will release him in the end.

https://southfront.org/more-details-appear-about-us-attack-against-syrian-su-22/
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:57 pm

So there are so folks in the forums , who thinks the Russian General Government
    and the Russian General Staff are pathetic liars ,when they inform the world that their
    S-400s can AT LEAST cover a range of 400km  and its radars track many dozens of
    targets all the way to 600km away. ???

So go fuck yourselves with your "expert" military opinions.
    and thats is what exactly is.. your opinions ,and other fools opinions
    but nothing else. NOT based on any fact.

I have no reason to believe they are lying at all , and have seen absolutely
    zero evidence that proof otherwise. S-400s range is at least 400km period.
    And the General Staff of the Russian Pentagon hinted is even larger their range.
    That Americans will be surprised not only that S-400s can hit Stealth planes but
    also about their real range. So i see no reason why to doubt this claims.

I remember how some Bimbos were saying something similar about Russian Kalibrs missiles
    that their range was 300km and they keep repeating that bullshit. But in their use in the
    Syrian war they travel 2,000km before an impact on their final destination.

In another note.. completely a different subject.
    I find Israel (or forgot if was another source ),laughing at Iranian Ballistic missiles
    attacks on Raqaa because in their first real test ,a missile they testing ,from
    ~6 missiles only 1 hit the target. But if those missiles were aimed at israel and were all
    of them armed with a nuclear warhead? mmmm Israel is a state of the size of a city.
    very small ,and just 1 or 2 nuclear attacks on two different cities. is all that Iran needs
    to put an end to the Israel project. Because what the missiles don't destroy ,the radiation
    will finish. and it will completely destroy Israel economy directly and indirectly.
    Because the survivors will empty the cities and will not want to live there again.
    So this is why i laugh at the people who talk about how big Israel inventory is , reality
    is ,their inventory is irrelevant ,since just one or two nuclear attacks by IRAN (if get nukes)
    will be enough to defeat Israel state. and any retaliation will be only revenge of a defeated
    state ,that will no longer recover. So is one of those rare times that Israeli leaders can be understood their paranoia with IRAN getting nukes. But i don't think if they get nukes ,lets
    say from Pakistan or North korea , that IRAN will use them , without consulting with Russia.
    Because there is a large population of Russians there too in Israel and they will not support it.

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 am

Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Militarov again giving lessons of physics and maths, I can not pee... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post  Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 am

eehnie wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Militarov again giving lessons of physics and maths, I can not pee... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You should check that out.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 am

Militarov wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

You should check that out.

You should keep this clown for yourself, after to prove here your true knowledge on physics and maths.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:24 am

Another escape.

Within Syria‏ @WithinSyriaBlog 4m4 minutes ago

Sarab APS flashing on a SAA tank before jamming TOW missile in #Daraa 0:14

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 am