Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+38
storm333
AbdulhamidtheSecond
auslander
Hannibal Barca
d_taddei2
medo
arpakola
miketheterrible
eehnie
VladimirSahin
Airman
OminousSpudd
George1
Project Canada
Vann7
ultimatewarrior
JohninMK
Firebird
Benya
PapaDragon
calm
yavar
Visc
VARGR198
franco
SeigSoloyvov
GarryB
KomissarBojanchev
kvs
KiloGolf
Big_Gazza
crod
Regular
BKP
TheArmenian
par far
lycantrop
nomadski
42 posters

Syrian War: News #13

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #13

Post  JohninMK Mon May 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Quite a good map showing probable areas of control rather than just whole chunks of coloured emptyness

Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 DATJltxXYAE3GAd
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon May 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Holy shit if correct and acted on by the Coalition. I haven't heard the speach

Brasco_Aad‏5 5h5 hours ago

#Trump speech in #Israel:
    1. Iran MUST disarm the #Iraqi PMU
    2. Iran MUST retreat these PMU from #Syria
    3. Iran MUST disarm #Hezbollah

BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Mon May 22, 2017 9:51 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 The_iranian_military_640_03
    Moar raybans plz

This one in particular cracks me up. It's like a dude was spotted someplace rocking this look -- black beret, trimmed beard & 70s aviator SGs -- and thought he looked so flabergastingly suave that they decided on the spot to make a whole unit of 'em. I imagine they wear enough cologne for it to qualify as a chemical weapon.

No disrespect intended, but c'mon now! lol1
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon May 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 Photo_2017-05-20_02-20-27

Some Bedouin fetish?

Do I even want to know? Suspect
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon May 22, 2017 10:36 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Some Bedouin fetish?

Do I even want to know? Suspect
    Next stop is selling leather belts cut to length down the bazaar. I nearly said whips Embarassed
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue May 23, 2017 12:27 am

That is stealth tank, ISIS way.

SAA advance in the south.
    Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 DAdsEHvXsAAv5CB
    Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 DAdtfhhXkAAo-L7
    par far

Post  par far Tue May 23, 2017 12:46 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    All these Russian speakers here and I am the one who has to post this kind of news? Or is it considered inconvenient now to mention that Russian troops are being killed so that Syrian cockroaches may flee?

Two more Russians soldiers reportedly killed May 3rd after being abandoned by fleeing regime forces

Evgeny Konstantinov, commander of an assault battalion and adviser, and Aleksandr Skladan, who commanded recon.

http://www.rbc.ru/politics/22/05/2017/5922a34c9a7947d678cf0a78?from=main

I am looking forward to news of random Israeli/USA jets bombing SAA scum again.

This bullshit demands at least 100 dead SAA vermin per one dead Russian. Realistic number would be 1.000 but since this is a war they can get a line of credit. Hopefully USMC and IAF will redeem the coupon for 10.000 down the road.

I will post this on both treads just so that people don't celebrate too hard next time worthless SAA rats advance 20 meters.

First of all, RIP to the brave soldiers.

Secondly you are exposing yourself as a Israeli troll, let me ask you this Israeli troll, did the SAA kill the Russian servicemen? No, it was not the SAA, it was the ISIS terriosts sponsored by US and Israel, we never hear you say ISIS vermin or US vermin or Israel vermin but to say that about the SAA, who russia there fighting for/with against US and Israeli sponsored terriosts. When you make statements like these they just prove that you are not Russian but an Israeli troll. Israel went to Russia and pleaded with Russia to stop killing their terriosts and Russia said go pound sand to Israel(the US also want Russia to leave Syria but that is not going to happen), so what's you think Israeli troll, that Russia will just let Israel and US bomb SAA.

There are a few like you that are trolls and need to be banned.
    par far

Post  par far Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 am

JohninMK wrote:Holy shit if correct and acted on by the Coalition. I haven't heard the speach

Brasco_Aad‏5  5h5 hours ago

#Trump speech in #Israel:
    1. Iran MUST disarm the #Iraqi PMU
    2. Iran MUST retreat these PMU from #Syria
    3. Iran MUST disarm #Hezbollah

He can go suck their dick, that is not going to happen.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue May 23, 2017 12:56 am

par far wrote:..................

First of all don't pretend you give a shit about them, for you they are just meat in whatever local bullshit jihad you want to fight but don't have the balls to do yourself.

par far wrote:
    Secondly you are exposing yourself as a Israeli troll

You assume that being called Israeli is considered to be a bad thing? When someone touches them with a finger they rip out both their arms from their sockets and shove them up their asses.

They are a role models of taking out the trash. Wish we were more like them.

par far wrote:
    let me ask you this Israeli troll, did the SAA kill the Russian servicemen?

YES THEY DID !

They left them there to be killed by their jihadi cousins.

par far wrote:

Bring it on sandboy, see if I give a shit.

Last edited by PapaDragon on Tue May 23, 2017 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    par far

Post  par far Tue May 23, 2017 12:57 am

BKP wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 The_iranian_military_640_03
    Moar raybans plz

This one in particular cracks me up. It's like a dude was spotted someplace rocking this look -- black beret, trimmed beard & 70s aviator SGs -- and thought he looked so flabergastingly suave that they decided on the spot to make a whole unit of 'em. I imagine they wear enough cologne for it to qualify as a chemical weapon.

No disrespect intended, but c'mon now! lol1

They do some stupid things to embarrass themselves, they just need to watch Russia and get points from how it is done.
    par far

Post  par far Tue May 23, 2017 5:36 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    par far wrote:..................

First of all don't pretend you give a shit about them, for you they are just meat in whatever local bullshit jihad you want to fight but don't have the balls to do yourself.

I swear on mother that it pains me to see Russian servicemen killed in Syria, may my mother burn in hell, if I am lying. Who do you mean don't have the balls? If you mean Iran, than just do some research, how many soldiers they have lost. I(we) don't want fight any jihad, we just want to be home but this jihad is bought upon on by people who want to control us.

par far wrote:
    Secondly you are exposing yourself as a Israeli troll

You assume that being called Israeli is considered to be a bad thing? When someone touches them with a finger they rip out both their arms from their sockets and shove them up their asses.

They are a role models of taking out the trash. Wish we were more like them.

This is the biggest joke I have heard, the Israeli's can kill unarmed civilians, women's and kids but when it comes to fighting a real war, they chicken out and have others fight for them. After Hezbollah kicked their ass in 2006, a US general was asked why Israel lost the war, his response was "That is what happens when you have been killing women's and kids in Gaza for 60 years."

par far wrote:
    let me ask you this Israeli troll, did the SAA kill the Russian servicemen?

YES THEY DID !

You do not provide any proof, there are lots of fake news given out by Zionsts, they would not abandon them on purpose, if it did happen it was mostly their positions got overrun and SAA did not know what to do(again this is more than likely fake news.)

They left them there to be killed by their jihadi cousins.

I don't know how long you have been following this conflict but by calling them cousins, you are just any idiot, the jihadi's want to kill them.

par far wrote:

Bring it on sandboy, see if I give a shit.

Of course you don't give a shit because you want to derail this thread with your garbage.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue May 23, 2017 5:51 am

Having other opinion = being jew?
    This forum is amazing because we share our POV, well expect obvious troll Ultron and his alter egos.
    I for example hate SAA with all my hearth. I hate it because I support Assad as he is vasal of Russia and SAA already discredited themselves way too many times.
    Apart from that, whole middle-east can go fuck themselves.
    Israel too.
    I like some aspects of their army and that they are willing to use force when they want.
    But in the same time my opinion about holocaust is that Europe as a continent needed it to get rid of their filth Twisted Evil Now we have other pests and they are even worse than jews.
    So less fighting guys, as this particular thread is probably best place to follow this conflict.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue May 23, 2017 11:18 am

Whilst, as Papa points out they have some serious deficiencies, this looks to be the SAA starting to flex the strength that it has been building up through training and Russian supplies, classic Russian tactics.

DAMASCUS, SYRIA (11:46 A.M.) – Sources embedded with the 11th Armored Division’s 60th and 67th Brigades conferred that the Syrian Army made a swift advance in the early morning of Tuesday when it captured the entire eastern series of Qaryatayn’s hills.

The aforementioned hilltops were defined as Syriatel Hill, Shuhada’ Hills (Martyr’s Hill), and al-Mashtal. Operations are ongoing as the Syrian military aims to reach Bardah fully surrounding the rebel bastion in Eastern Qalamoun and isolating it from the US-backed rebels of eastern Damascus.

Such an advance will not only cripple the insurgents’ hold of the Syrian Badiyah, but will also reopen the Damascus-Palmyra Highway providing the Syrian Armed Forces’s units present in the desert arena with a major logistic boost. It is expected that ISIS, unable to cope with all the fronts the Syrian Army is opening against it, will continue its retreat from the depth of the Syrian desert.

Currently, the SAA is fighting ISIS on all the front lines that are in contact with the notorious terror group including east Aleppo (where the Tiger Forces are less than 6 km from ISIS’s largest remaining Aleppo stronghold of Maskanah), east Hama, east Homs, east Damascus, and in the besieged enclave of Deir Ezzor.

This concentrated effort against the so-called Islamic State has only come at such a large-scale after the successful implementation of the de-escalation and ceasefire regime agreed upon by Turkey, Russia, Iran, and the United States. Capitalizing on the calmer front lines of northwest Syria, the Syrian government is now able to throw the bulk its attention onto the eastern fronts where it seeks to replant its long-lost influence in this resource-rich part of the country.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-opens-new-front-isis-surprise-offensive/
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 23, 2017 12:12 pm

War is about testing and learning when you can what you can.

One lesson might be not to trust the natives and have a backup plan C, D, and E for when the shit hits the fan.

The Russians are not in Syria for the Syrian people, they are there because it is a Russian interest for them to be there.

Most of those engaged in the fighting are special forces... special forces are for war, not peace... they get lost in training without firing a shot in anger.

Not to sound callous but this is what they train for and I doubt most would want it any other way.

The Russians have shown in this conflict that they learn and they are professionals that know what they are doing.

They don't anticipate everything... they didn't expect the Turks to be so stupid as to shoot down one of their aircraft... none have been shot down since because they took the necessary measures and steps to make it so after that happened.

Lets stop the name calling shall we?
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue May 23, 2017 1:20 pm

JohninMK wrote:Whilst, as Papa points out they have some serious deficiencies, this looks to be the SAA starting to flex the strength that it has been building up through training and Russian supplies, classic Russian tactics.
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-opens-new-front-isis-surprise-offensive/

This small unmarked train station was also captured.
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=34.251257&lon=37.574100&z=14&m=b&show=/35146002/Tulul-al-Khaddariyah&search=qaryatayn

Tal al-Khaddariya was captured.
    Territory was captured from #ISIS and #FSA in E. #Qalamoun
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=34.284453&lon=37.634697&z=12&m=b&show=/35146002/Tulul-al-Khaddariyah&search=qaryatayn

Qaryatayn dam was captured.
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=34.146192&lon=37.261205&z=15&m=b&search=qaryatayn

Khanazir compound and nearby hills were captured.
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=34.200942&lon=37.440720&z=14&m=b&show=/34915534/Khanazir&search=qaryatayn

Jabal Muhassah and Sawwanat al-Muhassat were captured.
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=34.065317&lon=37.236786&z=13&m=b&show=/28239233/Jabal-Muhassah&search=qaryatayn

Government forces launched a major offensive east of al-#Qaryatayn front this morning, led by Republican Guard.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 pm

'Bout all that up there, isn't unauthorized retreat during war typically dealt w/ through tribunal or even on-the-spot execution? Don't know why it should be any different here; it's war fo' sho', at a pretty much existential level. If the head-choppers take over, they'll all either be dead or wish they were.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Tue May 23, 2017 8:02 pm

http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/05/23/can-trump-salvage-his-presidency-in-syrias-war/

... Robert Fisk discussed Trump’s Saudi visit:

“The aim, however, is simple: to prepare the Sunni Muslims [the gulf monarchy U.S. allies and others] of the Middle East for war against the Shia Muslims [Iran, Syria, Hezbollah]. With help from Israel, of course.”

This is the real reason Trump prioritized Saudi Arabia as the always-important first stop on his initial trip abroad: Trump is clearly stating his commitment to the totalitarian monarchies, who main priorities are the destruction of its regional enemies:  Yemen, Syria, and Iran.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 pm

A slightly different view

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — On May 18, a US defense official told Sputnik that the US-led coalition struck the Syrian army near the town of al-Tanf in the area of an established "deconfliction zone" with Russia. The coalition strikes occurred near al-Tanf, where US' and British special operations forces have been training Syrian rebel fighters near the border with Iraq and Jordan. Russia slammed that move as a violation of international law.

"These pro-regime forces, they have halted their advance. If they resume their advance on coalition forces, they will be considered a hostile threat, and coalition forces will defend themselves," Davis told reporters. "There is one area — they are still in it — but they are not moving, and I understand that they are working to leave." The de-confliction channel between the United States and Russia for operations in Syria has been working well after the US-led coalition's strike, Davis added. "The deconfliction we have with Russia is working well. We have been communicating through the Russian channel about these concerns [about the militia]," Davis told reporters on Tuesday.

The United States and Russia signed the bilateral memorandum of understanding in October 2015 to ensure their flight safety during combat missions over Syria.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue May 23, 2017 10:06 pm

BKP wrote:'Bout all that up there, isn't unauthorized retreat during war typically dealt w/ through tribunal or even on-the-spot execution? Don't know why it should be any different here; it's war fo' sho', at a pretty much existential level. If the head-choppers take over, they'll all either be dead or wish they were.

Least they could have done was to just inform those Russians that they are leaving so they too can get out of there instead of being left to die for nothing.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed May 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Regular wrote:Having other opinion = being jew?
    This forum is amazing because we share our POV, well expect obvious troll Ultron and his alter egos.
    I for example hate SAA with all my hearth. I hate it because I support Assad as he is vasal of Russia and SAA already discredited themselves way too many times.
    Apart from that, whole middle-east can go fuck themselves.
    Israel too.
    I like some aspects of their army and that they are willing to use force when they want.
    But in the same time my opinion about holocaust is that Europe as a continent needed it to get rid of their filth Twisted Evil Now we have other pests and they are even worse than jews.
    So less fighting guys, as this particular thread is probably best place to follow this conflict.

PapaDragon proved to be what par far said.

It is in the interest of this place to separate the news of the pro-Israel propaganda.

Who tries to discredit every Russian ally, tries to deny the Israeli attacks to Syria, and tries to say that Israel is a "reliable" partner of Russia is clearly liying.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed May 24, 2017 4:08 pm

since yesterday

SAA capture al-Mazran, al-Kinawiyah, Rasm al-Hamam al-Gharbi, Muhasana, al-Jamiliyah, Batoushiyah, Salihiyah, Jbab Masoud Kabir, Jbab Masoud Saghir & Shimriyah after IS retreat in east Aleppo countryside

Reports say deal to separate Areas of SAA & Militants are Preluding - International Agreement
    Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 DAT070YUQAAN7Kc

FSA Jaish Nasr's spokesperson: ongoing "containment" of Greater Idlib w/ Regime erecting 6m high berms in W.+N. #Hama & also TSK W. Idlib
    Syrian War: News #13 - Page 3 DAl5NV7WAAE5kHYSyrian War: News #13 - Page 3 DAl5NxRXUAAWPJh
    par far

Post  par far Wed May 24, 2017 6:20 pm

"RUSSIAN FORCES DEPLOY NEAR SYRIA’S BORDER WITH JORDAN."

"But today we hear not only that Russian Special Ops are being deployed, but an armored unit and a mountain brigade. If this is true we have crossed the line from Russian “advisors” to having regular Russian military formations now on combat. I don’t think the Russians would be doing this unless the US coalition also has such units already inside Syria and engaged, but not admitting it."

We don't know how true that is but that would be the first time regular Russian troops engage in actual combat in Syria. I think the US has had Special Forces in Syria for a long time but now they have regular divisions as well and Russia is responding.  

"Russian armored units have entered regions along the Syria-Jordan border to fortify the Syrian Army’s border posts and positions and seal the borderline, Arab media outlets said. The sources said that a Russian Mountain Operation Brigade battalion has arrived in the Southern provinces of Dara’a and Sweida."

https://southfront.org/russian-forces-deploy-near-syrias-border-jordan/

"ISIS IS ON RUN IN EASTERN ALEPPO. TIGER FORCES LIBERATE 5 MORE VILLAGES."

https://southfront.org/isis-run-eastern-aleppo-tiger-forces-liberate-5-villages/

"SYRIAN ARMY KILLED ISIS MINISTER OF WAR DURING OPERATION IN ALEPPO PROVINCE."

https://southfront.org/syrian-army-killed-isis-minister-war-operation-aleppo-province/

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed May 24, 2017 8:35 pm

eehnie wrote:.......................

If par far said that Iranians are incompetent morons then yeah, I concur.

eehnie wrote:
    It is in the interest of this place to separate the news of the pro-Israel propaganda.

You seem to be in the wrong place. This is pro Russia forum.

It most definitely is not pro Iran forum or anti Israel forum.

Very few people give a crap about those two places. Syria happens to be of use (to some extent) to Russia so there is a pro Syrian slant currently.

eehnie wrote:
    Who tries to discredit every Russian ally

Iran and Syria don't need discrediting, they are doing excellent job of it all by themselves.

eehnie wrote:
    tries to deny the Israeli attacks to Syria

Never once denied it. Russia and Israel have excellent understanding of each others interests and cooperate very efficiently.

If only some other players (some even go as far to call the allies) from that region would be as forthcoming and dedicated it would be grand.

eehnie wrote:
    and tries to say that Israel is a "reliable" partner of Russia is clearly liying.

Not trying, saying. And learn difference between words ''partner'' and 'ally''

Israel: sells drones to Russia, does not implement sanctions despite being USA proxy and informs Russia before doing anything without leaking it to the press.

Iran: sabotages Russian military ops, refuses to purchase Russian tech and buys from USA/EU, expels VKS from airbase in Iran.

Syria: intentionally causing deaths of Russian troops and that is barely the tip of the iceberg so don't get me started....

So in light of these facts I do have to ask: Who is fighting against who here exactly? Suspect
    par far

Post  par far Wed May 24, 2017 9:57 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    eehnie wrote:.......................

If par far said that Iranians are incompetent morons then yeah, I concur.

Iran is not incompetent, Iran is helping Russia in this conflict.

eehnie wrote:

You seem to be in the wrong place. This is pro Russia forum.

It most definitely is not pro Iran forum or anti Israel forum.

Very few people give a crap about those two places. Syria happens to be of use (to some extent) to Russia so there is a pro Syrian slant currently.

You are the one who is in the wrong forum, this is a pro Russia forum. The things you say, makes it look like you are on a pro Israel forum and anti Russia forum, when you say things like, the US/Israel should bomb the SAA, what you fail to understand is that, if US/Israel bomb the SAA, they will also be bombing and killing Russian servicemen.

eehnie wrote:
    Who tries to discredit every Russian ally

Iran and Syria don't need discrediting, they are doing excellent job of it all by themselves.

How are Iran and Syria discrediting themselves?(I have asked you this before but just avoid it.) Is Syria discrediting itself by becoming a Russian Vassal and giving Russia a base on it's coast? Is Iran discrediting itself by becoming a Russian ally and signing contracts with Russia?  

eehnie wrote:
    tries to deny the Israeli attacks to Syria

Never once denied it. Russia and Israel have excellent understanding of each others interests and cooperate very efficiently.

If only some other players (some even go as far to call the allies) from that region would be as forthcoming and dedicated it would be grand.

Russia and Israel only have a "excellent understanding" because Israel know that Russia is not weak.

eehnie wrote:
    and tries to say that Israel is a "reliable" partner of Russia is clearly liying.

Not trying, saying. And learn difference between words ''partner'' and 'ally''

Israel: sells drones to Russia, does not implement sanctions despite being USA proxy and informs Russia before doing anything without leaking it to the press.

Iran: sabotages Russian military ops, refuses to purchase Russian tech and buys from USA/EU, expels VKS from airbase in Iran.

Syria: intentionally causing deaths of Russian troops and that is barely the tip of the iceberg so don't get me started....

So in light of these facts I do have to ask: Who is fighting against who here exactly?  Suspect

Israel only gave Russia old drones, Israel did not implement sanctions on Russia because in the EU their are protests against Israel the boycotting of Israel, so Israel did not want to piss off Russia.

You have never provided any evidence of Iran sabotaging Russian military ops, Iran has signed contracts worth billions of dollars in various fields with Russia, Russia and Iran are going to sign a free trade agreement, Russia had a huge hand in getting the sanctions lifted off Iran. The VKS is using the Iranian base right now, there some minor things that needed to be worked and they have been worked out(I told this you this before but you just avoided it.)    

You have not provided any evidence of the SAA causing "intentionally deaths of Russian troops", if this was the case, than Russia would have it's troops operate independently but the fact that Russian military is embedded in with the SAA, proves that what you are saying is bullshit. Israel supports the terrorists that Russia is fighting against(you don't even acknowledge this.)

Last edited by par far on Wed May 24, 2017 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed May 24, 2017 10:06 pm

par far wrote:................

You have not provided any evidence of the SAA causing "intentionally deaths of Russian troops", if this was the case, than Russia would have it's troops operate independently but the fact that Russian military is embedded in with the SAA, proves that what you are saying is bullshit. Israel supports the terrorists that Russia is fighting against(you don't even acknowledge this.)

And just after you posted this crap Vlad officially delivered the pain:

https://sputniknews.com/russia/201705241053949034-putin-russia-special-forces-syria/

The spokesman recalled that Russian Special Forces have been repelling attacks by numerous groups of terrorists for two days on the frontline.

He said that "the Syrian troops in this area retreated leaving our military on the frontline because of lack of coordination of actions."

Lack of coordination indeed. When bitches chicken out and run away coordination is definitely lacking.  Razz  lol1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 am