Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+38
storm333
AbdulhamidtheSecond
auslander
Hannibal Barca
d_taddei2
medo
arpakola
miketheterrible
eehnie
VladimirSahin
Airman
OminousSpudd
George1
Project Canada
Vann7
ultimatewarrior
JohninMK
Firebird
Benya
PapaDragon
calm
yavar
Visc
VARGR198
franco
SeigSoloyvov
GarryB
KomissarBojanchev
kvs
KiloGolf
Big_Gazza
crod
Regular
BKP
TheArmenian
par far
lycantrop
nomadski
42 posters

Syrian War: News #13

calm
    calm

Syrian War: News #13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #13

Post  calm Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:29 am

Yeah, but Syria has won. Damascus is safe, and so is Assad. They have survived. Maybe some partitions will happen but battle of survival is finished, and looks like Syrians have won that one.
    And no, Deer will not fall, that is impossible, i refuse to believe in that.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:34 am

calm wrote:Yeah, but Syria has won. Damascus is safe, and so is Assad. They have survived. Maybe some partitions will happen but battle of survival is finished, and looks like Syrians have won that one.

Removing Assad was just a bonus objective, capturing the eastern part of the country was the main goal so yes Assad can lose, he hasn't yet but it's looking more like he will.

It hasn't fallen yet but they have lost points, nothing major yet still ISIS is going balls to the walls.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:47 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    calm wrote:Yeah, but Syria has won. Damascus is safe, and so is Assad. They have survived. Maybe some partitions will happen but battle of survival is finished, and looks like Syrians have won that one.

Removing Assad was just a bonus objective, capturing the eastern part of the country was the main goal so yes Assad can lose, he hasn't yet but it's looking more like he will.

It hasn't fallen yet but they have lost points, nothing major yet still ISIS is going balls to the walls.

If IS does take Deir es Zor I expect Russia army to save the day. As fevert as IS is, they are not suicidal and they know they have no chance against Russia army whose arti can hit from 40 km away or more.
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:54 am

del

Last edited by lycantrop on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:59 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Some LGBs and iron bombs can trash whatever paid mercenary force SDF has put together. If Russia decides to wipe them out there's very little anyone can do. I believe that is an option for Russia, SDF can be hit if they cross into areas they have no business being. But that is not likely to happen, as Russia can pull major diplomatic strings on the Kurds.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:01 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

The war will not end for Syria until Syrian military defeated. And they can last another decade
    with Russia IRAN help.  So is not over yet. And while this war last. the image of US and allies in public opinion sinks to the button. could provoke major civil unrest.  this could be a long long war with territory switching hands
    to one side or another. Syria war ,needs to be seen as a very long race of resistance. and not of speed. Syria army lost palmyra ,and took it back.and traded gains. On a side note.. Notice how ISIS offers little resistance to Kurds. but fight to death
    to the last soldier against Syrian army.. If this doesn't ring alarms on anyone of how FAKE is NATO war on ISIS. nothing will.  Much of this claims of "how effective" are the kurds are against ISIS , is just Bullshit propaganda.  ISIS is controlled by NATO and SAudi Arabia , they
    are supplied with weapons and food by NATO cargo planes. several reports have seen about this. and many of this zones that Kurds in IRAQ and Syria "liberate" is in reality a  transfer of lands with a shake of hands or ISIS change their names and flag and claim now city is "liberated". But still Syria army can't enter there. there are a few ISIS fighters ,useless for them ,that they sacrifice and leave behind for more realism.  

This is why i was saying people don't have a clue how deceptive can be Americans and its
    allies in wars. Is almost like a circus. So this is why either Kurds or Turkey had little problems to advance in Syria. Because the battles were 90% to 95% of them fake. they sacrifice the most useless terrorist for some fighting and to make it look the battles were real. Even Russia told recently,NATO allowed ISIS to escape an encirclement in RAQQA without being harmed while escaping and they shows no interest to fight Kurds and abandon their positions without a real fight, but an unbreakable commitment to fight to death to the Syrian army.  Wink  
    War of NATO against ISIS = 100% fake.

ISIS at times kills kurds however and terrorist target other terrorist. but they all have leaders
    that controls US coalition ,that will push them back so they remember that is damascus, Russia and IRAN and hezbolah their only authorized enemies.

So when it comes to us.. who wants the war to end. Don't focus too much
    in territorial gains from any side .Because a major offensive of Turkey,Jordan or Israel
    could reverse the gains tomorrow. Territory can be retaken but good generals and soldiers
    can't be replaced. is always a loss of power when a Syrian soldier die. So instead of focusing in
    territorial gains. a better measure is Terrorist killed instead with very few or no casualties from Syrian army. In tastanaff base , forgot the exact base. Just 300 syrian soldiers were able to kill 5,000 terrorist and without losing many soldiers. in the end they had to retreat the base , but the resistance was a big win ,because delayed significantly terrorist advances.
    Deirzoor is also a big win for Syria. Is a grinding zone of terrorist ,and battles like that is what
    Syria needs to win and end the war. Ones that Syria army lose very few soldiers and terrorist lost a lot of them. but to battle for a piece of land at Syrian borders ,that will be hard to defend with cross fire across the border and lose a lot of soldiers holding it ,is not worth of it.

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:MaT reports that they will soon have operations inside Deir Ezzor Governate, and they will establish a base there.

ISIS has taken some points within Deir-Azor and their offensive is on going.

Syrians are closer and closer to losing this war. At this point, Assad is going to lose. Unless someone gets his act together real god dam fast

Daraa is a pointless offensive and Tan-if well that could have waited, sure it's a legitimate target but it's not of dire important.

Once Deir falls and at this rate it's going to, Kurds or FSA will sweep in.

Again tho anyone with a functional mind can see this.

So because an illegal invedor is planning setting up an base in D-Azor makes it legitimate to "take it away"?
    This is Syrian land, and not Kurds or USA or ISIS, THIS IS SYRIA LAND!
    They can stick their base right into their a.., its illegal, and Assad said clearly, he will recapture every inch of Syria.

Imagin i crack into your home and i take a big shit in your living room and say "i marked it, the living room is mine now! you have no right to recapture it!
    If you try to recapture it, I will fight you in name of selfe defence!"
    That makes no fuckin sense!

Again, no one gives a flying f... if the zionists plan to establish a base in D-Zour.
    IT DOES NOT LEGITIMAZE THE INVADER TO UTILISE SYRIAN SOILD/LAND!
    Are they on drugs?
    SAA/HEZB/IRAN/IRAQ WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!
    WHAT THEY WILL DO IF HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS WILL encircle this illegal base?
    Will they bomb SAA on Syria soil?
    Then they should be ready for counter reaction....this will be legitimate self defence then! And then you will see first falling jets...
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 am

lycantrop wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:MaT reports that they will soon have operations inside Deir Ezzor Governate, and they will establish a base there.

ISIS has taken some points within Deir-Azor and their offensive is on going.

Syrians are closer and closer to losing this war. At this point, Assad is going to lose. Unless someone gets his act together real god dam fast

Daraa is a pointless offensive and Tan-if well that could have waited, sure it's a legitimate target but it's not of dire important.

Once Deir falls and at this rate it's going to, Kurds or FSA will sweep in.

Again tho anyone with a functional mind can see this.

So because an illegal invedor is planning setting up an base in D-Azor makes it legitimate to "take it away"?
    This is Syrian land, and not Kurds or USA or ISIS, THIS IS SYRIA LAND!
    They can stick their base right into their a.., its illegal, and Assad said clearly, he will recapture every inch of Syria.

Imagin i crack into your home and i take a big shit in your living room and say "i marked it, the living room is mine now! you have no right to recapture it!
    If you try to recapture it, I will fight you in name of selfe defence!"
    That makes no fuckin sense!

Again, no one gives a flying f... if the zionists plan to establish a base in D-Zour.
    IT DOES NOT LEGITIMAZE THE INVADER TO UTILISE SYRIAN SOILD/LAND!
    Are they on drugs?
    SAA/HEZB/IRAN/IRAQ WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!
    WHAT THEY WILL DO IF HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS WILL encircle this illegal base?
    Will they bomb SAA on Syria soil?
    Then they should be ready for counter reaction....this will be legitimate self defence then! And then you will see first falling jets...

Assad retaking every inch of Syria is a pipe dream at this point..he is not getting all of syria back period and that is not up to debate.

Unless Russia decides to commit it's army which Putin would have to be insane to do, Syria will never be a whole country again.

I am not debating morally aspects or legal verse illegal.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 am

Vann7 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

The war will not end for Syria until Syrian military defeated. And they can last another decade
    with Russia IRAN help.  So is not over yet. And while this war last. the image of US and allies in public opinion sinks to the button. could provoke major civil unrest.  this could be a long long war with territory switching hands
    to one side or another. Syria war ,needs to be seen as a very long race of resistance. and not of speed. Syria army lost palmyra ,and took it back.and traded gains. On a side note.. Notice how ISIS offers little resistance to Kurds. but fight to death
    to the last soldier against Syrian army.. If this doesn't ring alarms on anyone of how FAKE is NATO war on ISIS. nothing will.  Much of this claims of "how effective" are the kurds are against ISIS , is just Bullshit propaganda.  ISIS is controlled by NATO and SAudi Arabia , they
    are supplied with weapons and food by NATO cargo planes. several reports have seen about this. and many of this zones that Kurds in IRAQ and Syria "liberate" is in reality a  transfer of lands with a shake of hands or ISIS change their names and flag and claim now city is "liberated". But still Syria army can't enter there. there are a few ISIS fighters ,useless for them ,that they sacrifice and leave behind for more realism.  

This is why i was saying people don't have a clue how deceptive can be Americans and its
    allies in wars. Is almost like a circus. So this is why either Kurds or Turkey had little problems to advance in Syria. Because the battles were 90% to 95% of them fake. they sacrifice the most useless terrorist for some fighting and to make it look the battles were real. Even Russia told recently,NATO allowed ISIS to escape an encirclement in RAQQA without being harmed while escaping and they shows no interest to fight Kurds and abandon their positions without a real fight, but an unbreakable commitment to fight to death to the Syrian army.  Wink  
    War of NATO against ISIS = 100% fake.

ISIS at times kills kurds however and terrorist target other terrorist. but they all have leaders
    that controls US coalition ,that will push them back so they remember that is damascus, Russia and IRAN and hezbolah their only authorized enemies.

You have clearly never fought in a war, they don't need to defeat the SAA they just need to seize certain areas and keep them away. The goal is nott to defeat the SAA but seize the land that is all.

Everything else you are saying well I have no wish to comment on.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:13 am

KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Some LGBs and iron bombs can trash whatever paid mercenary force SDF has put together. If Russia decides to wipe them out there's very little anyone can do. I believe that is an option for Russia, SDF can be hit if they cross into areas they have no business being. But that is not likely to happen, as Russia can pull major diplomatic strings on the Kurds.

The kurds have little to fear from Russia, Why? my country is protecting them if The kurds was on their own sure then you would have a point but they are a proxy army of my country (This is common knowledge)

So Russia will not attack them, unless shit really hits the fan.
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:16 am

"You have clearly never fought in a war, they don't need to defeat the SAA they just need to seize certain areas and keep them away. The goal is nott to defeat the SAA but seize the land that is all. "

Again, how they will keep them away if thousands from SAA will go closer to that area?
    Will they illegally KILL syrian soldiers on SYRIAN SOIL?
    And you think this will have no concequences?
    AGAIN, you cant invade illagally, take away illegally and keep away legitime regime forces?
    Yes, you can dare to bomb and kill them, but hell, you cant expect no counter reactions!
    If they kill Syrians on syrian soil they can legally act in selfe defence, and oh boy, they will!

The kurds have little to fear from Russia, Why? my country is protecting them if The kurds was on their own sure then you would have a point but they are a proxy army of my country (This is common knowledge)

again, big BS
    If kurds cross red lines putin will have a talk with erdogan, the rest you can imagine what will happen..
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:21 am

lycantrop wrote:"You have clearly never fought in a war, they don't need to defeat the SAA they just need to seize certain areas and keep them away. The goal is nott to defeat the SAA but seize the land that is all. "

Again, how they will keep them away if thousands from SAA will go closer to that area?
    Will they illegally KILL syrian soldiers on SYRIAN SOIL?
    And you think this will have no concequences?
    AGAIN, you cant invade illagally, take away illegally and keep away legitime regime forces?
    Yes, you can dare to bomb and kill them, but hell, you cant expect no counter reactions!
    If they kill Syrians on syrian soil they can legally act in selfe defence, and oh boy, they will!

They will fight them back.
    Yes.
    Yes it will but we don't care about that ask Libya, Iraq and Afghan.
    You cannot on paper but in RL yes you can. No one will do anything about it.
    There will be some no doubt.
    The SAA will try and fight but nothing will come from it. Just look at Tan-if we bomb the SAA anytime they move close to it. What do the syrians do at that point? they just move back and get attacked by FsA forces.
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 am

https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/872453033627717633

Russian aircraft striking IS positions in Deir Ezzor, at al-Tayem and Thardah. RU efforts increasingly focusd on DEZ

So DEZ on big priority list for russians.....DEZ will get back into Syria hand, when? we dont know, but it will!
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:24 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:The kurds have little to fear from Russia, Why? my country is protecting them if The kurds was on their own sure then you would have a point but they are a proxy army of my country (This is common knowledge)

No country will care to start a war with Russia over some Kurds in the middle of the desert. There's no such thing as protection when it comes to Russia doing its thing in Syria. Russia has bombed protected "moderates" near Al Tanf in the past without problems. They can do it again if they please, they just don't cause SDF is being useful in pushing IS around.

Last edited by KiloGolf on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:25 am

lycantrop wrote:https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/872453033627717633

Russian aircraft striking IS positions in Deir Ezzor, at al-Tayem and Thardah. RU efforts increasingly focusd on DEZ

So DEZ on big priority list  for russians.....DEZ will get back into Syria hand, when? we dont know, but it will!

Of course, it is because if they lose Deir they lost their entire reason for intervening in syria. War is over if Deir falls plan and simple.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:29 am

KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:The kurds have little to fear from Russia, Why? my country is protecting them if The kurds was on their own sure then you would have a point but they are a proxy army of my country (This is common knowledge)

No country will care to start a war with Russia over some Kurds. There's no such thing as protection when it comes to Russia doing its thing in Syria. Russia has bombed protected "moderates" near Al Tanf in the past without problems. They can do it again if they please, they just don't cause SDF is being useful in pushing IS around.

Russia support for Assad is not unlimited. Putin expects things from Assad.

Granted I don't know what will happen once Russia and the US have to deal with each other's proxies it will depend on who has what areas of the country under their control.

On a general basis tho, I highly doubt Russia will risk war with the US over Syria, Trump has proved to be fairly foolish so I can see him taking that risk.

End of the day I just don't see what you see, my opinion is based on what I see from the kurds, The Russians I have seen with kurds and the events on the ground.

When that changes well we will see where it goes.

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:39 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

No country will care to start a war with Russia over some Kurds. There's no such thing as protection when it comes to Russia doing its thing in Syria. Russia has bombed protected "moderates" near Al Tanf in the past without problems. They can do it again if they please, they just don't cause SDF is being useful in pushing IS around.

Russia support for Assad is not unlimited. Putin expects things from Assad.

Granted I don't know what will happen once Russia and the US have to deal with each other's proxies it will depend on who has what areas of the country under their control.

On a general basis tho, I highly doubt Russia will risk war with the US over Syria, Trump has proved to be fairly foolish so I can see him taking that risk.

End of the day I just don't see what you see, my opinion is based on what I see from the kurds, The Russians I have seen with kurds and the events on the ground.

When that changes well we will see where it goes.

I see the conditions under which Russia can start bombing SDF. That is if they try to merge with FSA in the south and thus block Iraq from Syria.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 am

KiloGolf wrote:......................

Russia can do a lot of things but one solid fact is that they will avoid a lot of hassle and headache later if they make sure right now that Deir ez Zorr does not fall.

Hence this:

lycantrop wrote:https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/872453033627717633

A lot of people are getting caught up in pointless moralizing and fail to notice reality.

DeZ has not fallen yet. But it can change at any point. USA are not idiots and Kurds are told to not encircle Raqqa so that ISIS can retreat and refocus on DeZ.

When they did the same last time in Mosul, Palmyra was reconquered by ISIS. Raqqa is much closer and DeZ is completely cut off unlike Palmyra.

People here may not like what Seig says but he is not making decisions, he is just writing down what happens out there. Facts are facts.

Syria may or may not become country again, it's all still in theoretical realm. But if they lose DeZ now then they will not stand even theoretical chances of accomplishing anything.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:55 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Assad retaking every inch of Syria is a pipe dream at this point..he is not getting all of syria back period and that is not up to debate.

Unless Russia decides to commit it's army which Putin would have to be insane to do, Syria will never be a whole country again.

Never say never.
    Russia can influence kurds , it can bribe/blackmail turkey so they abandon Syria.
    Politics can win wars without firing a shot. a revolution in Turkey could reverse all Turkey
    gains in Syria.. etc etc etc. And major political pressure on Jordan too ,can force them to abandon its hostilities to Syria . If the Syrian war last very long , public Unrest will force
    US congress to abandon the Syrian war and its support of terrorism.  So anything can happen.
    Syria have real possible chances to recover 100% of its territory if allows Russia
    to play its strategy and politics . if erdogan is removed in a coup by the opposition secular parties ,it will reverse everything gained by Turkey. So there are real possibilities to restore
    Syria but it will be consequence not of military actions but instead of politics.  The battles with army are important for the continuation of Syria ,for its survival ,so is not over run. but politics and diplomacy can really have a big chance to end the war and reverse all the gains of NATO in Syria.  Just look now , who will have though ever , that Qatar will engage in dialogue with Russia to become closer to them and not with Saudi Arabia.  In Syrian perspective , it was said that IRAN made a brilliant political move with Qatar ,to join their energy business. This was what caused a major Split between Saudi Arabia and Qatar and most middle east. So now IRAN is pushing Qatar to drop its support for the FSA and Turkey backed Rebels. recall its fighters from Syria. Russia sold to Qatar about 15% of its oil shares with Rossneft . So did you see the pattern?  Russia and IRAN are trying to split Qatar from the terrorist Coalition in Syria and they are only halfway in negotiations already.  Muslim Brotherhood dropping support to ISIS and NATO could be a Big changer in Syria. it will mean the biggest terrorist group  leaving Syria or choosing to fight NATO backed rebels. Such a move can't be underestimated.  And it give more reasons for Turkey ,Qatar ,IRAN and Russia and Syria to form an alliance for the sake of business.

So don't underestimate politics. It can win wars without without a military confrontation.
    So Syria do have real possibilities to recover 100% of are least most of the territories it had before the war began. kurdish zones were like 10% of Syria before the war. all that is needs is a lot of patience ,allow Russia diplomacy to unfold ,they are good in that shit , and is probably one of best Putin abilities diplomacy. follow Russia strategy and not lose many soldiers , hold territory. while advancing in where it can.

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Never say never.
    Russia can influence kurds , it can bribe/blackmail turkey so they abandon Syria.
    Politics can win wars without firing a shot. a revolution in Turkey could reverse all Turkey
    gains in Syria.. etc etc etc. And major political pressure on Jordan too ,can force them to abandon its hostilities to Syria . If the Syrian war last very long , public Unrest will force
    US congress to abandon the Syrian war and its support of terrorism.  So anything can happen.
    Syria have real possible chances to recover 100% of its territory if allows Russia
    to play its strategy and politics . if erdogan is removed in a coup by the opposition secular parties ,it will reverse everything gained by Turkey. So there are real possibilities to restore
    Syria but it will be consequence not of military actions but instead of politics.  The battles with army are important for the continuation of Syria ,for its survival ,so is not over run. but politics and diplomacy can really have a big chance to end the war and reverse all the gains of NATO in Syria.  Just look now , who will have though ever , that Qatar will engage in dialogue with Russia to become closer to them and not with Saudi Arabia.  In Syrian perspective , it was said that IRAN made a brilliant political move with Qatar ,to join their energy business. This was what caused a major Split between Saudi Arabia and Qatar and most middle east. So now IRAN is pushing Qatar to drop its support for the FSA and Turkey backed Rebels. recall its fighters from Syria. Russia sold to Qatar about 15% of its oil shares with Rossneft . So did you see the pattern?  Russia and IRAN are trying to split Qatar from the terrorist Coalition in Syria and they are only halfway in negotiations already.  Muslim Brotherhood dropping support to ISIS and NATO could be a Big changer in Syria. it will mean the biggest terrorist group  leaving Syria or choosing to fight NATO backed rebels. Such a move can't be underestimated.  And it give more reasons for Turkey ,Qatar ,IRAN and Russia and Syria to form an alliance for the sake of business.

So don't underestimate politics. It can win wars without without a military confrontation.
    So Syria do have real possibilities to recover 100% of its territory .all that is needs is a lot of
    patience ,follow Russia strategy and try it best to strenghten its military everyday and hold territory. while advancing in where it can.

Absolutely agree
    The quatar thing was an utterly masterstroke

"So don't underestimate politics. It can win wars without without a military confrontation."

sorry to say, but I dont think so, USA is running by absolut pschopats, im not optimistic here...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Anna News The pro-government forces of Liwa al-Quds continue to move towards Deir ez Zor. Over the past few days, they managed to free up several dominant heights, in the vicinity of the city of Arak

par far

Post  par far Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:16 pm

I agree with SeigSoloyvov, on Deir ez-Zor, Russia needs to take Deir ez-Zor or things can get fucked up. Deir ez-Zor should be the main priority right now, there is so much going on right now that relates straight to Syria and Iraq, the attack on Iranian parliament(hopefully Iran see the light, you are not safe from terrorist attacks, it is better to fight the terrorists in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, hopefully Iran steps up their effort even more(they have done a great job and God Bless Iran), the Arms sanctions on Iran are hurting right now, had they removed the Arms sanctions, Iran would have purchased advanced weapons from Russia, especially Fighter Jets) and the ongoing feud between the Qatar and the Saudis(this maybe a positive development.)

Right Russia, SAA and Allies need to get whatever resources it needs and go for Deir ez-Zor.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 pm

lycantrop wrote:

"So don't underestimate politics. It can win wars without without a military confrontation."

sorry to say, but I dont think so, USA is running by absolut pschopats, im not optimistic here...

Look at the Vietnam war.. lol
    Americans won all the battles but lost the war. Wink

The civil unrest in US , forced them to abandon Vietnam. and in no time
    the vietcong took control of all its land. reversing 10 years of American battles in a matter of
    few months. lol1

Look at Crimea.. Russia took away of US and Kiev without firing a shot. Smile
    So this goes back to INFLUENCE . The ability of Russia to convince the hostile
    countries to stop the war against Syria. the ability of Russia to divide NATO backed
    rebels groups. one of the most spectacular moves of Russia in Syria have been
    the Reconciliation center ,inciting divisions among terrorist by making deals with
    some of them and by mixing terrorist from different groups in same place. lol1

Russia and IRAN influence in middle east is what will make the difference between
    Syria not being over run by ISIS and recovering all its territory or being totally destroyed.
    The military battles are important too , they will improve Russia and Syria negotiations
    with the foreign backed Rebels.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:38 pm

The wild card is turkey. They don't want Kurds to rule. Russia can use it to their advantage.

So far, US can try whatever it wants but in the end they have no real position. They pissed off Turkey, they have pissed off the locals and now nearly everyone else besides Saudi Arabia. SAA a d allies can keep striking the US backed monkey and US can keep striking them but in the end, the ones who lose will be the SDF.

As of right now, Lavrov stated they do not recognized US created deconflicted zones as they were not part of any agreement and US trying to ride on Russian success. So in other words, they are illegal and are open to attack by anyone. If or if not Russia does it.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Russia can exert influencel Kurds with Sheik Maqsud in Aleppo city. Russia is historically pretty bad at exerting influence. Americans are much better chess players than Russians. America is surrounded by allies. Russia is surrounded by enemies.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:50 am