Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+53
Visc
par far
crod
nomadski
Odin of Ossetia
Arctic_Fox
Rmf
klahtinen
kvs
PapaDragon
Azi
calm
KoTeMoRe
JohninMK
Isos
0nillie0
ultimatewarrior
AbdulhamidtheSecond
TheArmenian
auslander
Big_Gazza
The Ottoman
nihilusa
KiloGolf
eehnie
GunshipDemocracy
SturmGuard
zorobabel
magnumcromagnon
OminousSpudd
Kadmos45
AlfaT8
Khepesh
Regular
VARGR198
KomissarBojanchev
GarryB
BKP
Godric
airstrike
miketheterrible
higurashihougi
wilhelm
Vann7
Airman
SeigSoloyvov
VladimirSahin
Hannibal Barca
medo
George1
Erk
d_taddei2
Skandalwitwe
57 posters

Syrian War: News #11

KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #11

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:04 am

Militarov wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:What I'm surpised at is why the **** did the syrian tank crew abandon the tank if it was largely undamaged. God, are these tankists cowards or what? They constantly complain how they need more T-90s, but abandon perfectly repairable machines to the enemy.

Fuckin monkeys.

Crew was Iranian.

And you do leave a tank if you suffer mobility kill and need to retreat, they do that everywhere if situation forces you onto such move.
    Except the tank didnt suffer an Mkill, i.e. they abandoned the tank like squandering retards instead of driving it back to be repaired.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:30 am

It didn't look like it was mobility kill. Tank look largely intact and there was no fire/smoke coming out of the other hatch which has lead most to believe it was the MG that got hit and ammo is cooking off from it. They could have moved it away but then again, I never served so I do not actually know the practices.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:52 am

This isnt about tactics. This is common sense.

If your tank is damaged but mobile:
    A. Take it back for repair.
    B.If you're surrounded/pinned down scuttle the tank

These geniuses did neither. Mad Mad Mad Mad
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:38 am

Let's calm down.

If this was a hit, then the rear deck is open as the Red Sea, the atgm would have fucked up the carousel. But I don't see an entry point.
    The other thing is that I don't see a followup shot, which would be standard in these cases, ISIS is also after prestige. So taking out 3 of the big 5 would be quite a resumé.

Part of me wants to believe that the ATGM sparked the HMG magazine. But another part tells me that this tank was low on ammo and probably will slow cook like the T72SIM Col. Vetshniov (RIP) brew on his way to Tskinvali.

In anyway, the tank was in a bad spot and it wouldn't surprise me it was hit. Once again, awareness, coordination are crucial and these T90's are being used as breakthrough rams. At some point some one will take the ram down.
    0nillie0
    0nillie0

Post  0nillie0 Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:38 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:This isnt about tactics. This is common sense.

If your tank is damaged but mobile:
    A. Take it back for repair.
    B.If you're surrounded/pinned down scuttle the tank

These geniuses did neither. Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad

Well in all honesty, unless you have found some additional info on this that i have missed, we cant really say what they did and didnt do.

From the video alone it may seem that the tank was hit around the machine gun area and commanders cupola. We cant see much other damage on this angle, but that doesn't mean its not there. Tank could be hit at the other side or possibly front?
    Without more context we are just assuming things. For all we know the tank wasn't even abandoned at this point?

We have seen repeated recovery attempts take place for even old abandoned tanks, so i would be suprised if they dont try to recover this T-90.

At any rate, i think its harsh to jump to any conclusion based on that short video. Any number of events could have taken place before or after this segment.

Last edited by 0nillie0 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 am

https://twitter.com/SyrianMilitary/status/823804485374013440

1)The source is a Republic Guard commander who server in #Khanaser front.
    2) This tank was hit back in Friday not yesterday as #ISIS said, it was operated by Al Fatemeyoon militia
    3) The tank got deeper into #ISIS territory with Shtora off expecting not to face anything but a 23MM gun
    4) the crew got surprised by an ATGM hit the upper turret section and knocked out many vision sights and the machine gun.
    5) and set it on fire, another ATGM was fired into the side of the tank and injured the driver.
    6) Then the commander and the gunner abandoned the tank without the diver. He was rescued after one hour.
    7) After several hours and due to the opened hatch the fire reached the ammo inside the tank and exploded.
    8 ) but the turret didn't went airborne. If the crew extinguished the fire up in the turret, the tank would've survived.

AbdulhamidtheSecond

Post  AbdulhamidtheSecond Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:04 am

According to some sources, former Nusra front and alleged members are clashing with other factions around Idlib.

Pro-Nusra militants are known to be strictly against any type of peace process, and they claim that any opposition faction which gets into talks is foe.

I guess,this is a type of "distinction" process between those who are recognised as terrorist by UN,(Nusra,affiliates and surely ISIS) and local rebellions.

And,one more thing, Russian authorities announce that RuAF conducted joint strikes with TurAF, however Turkish side keeps its silence.It is probably correct,at least I think so, then what could be the reason behind such a hesitation?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:42 am

[quote="higurashihougi"]https://twitter.com/SyrianMilitary/status/823804485374013440

1)The source is a Republic Guard commander who server in #Khanaser front.
    2) This tank was hit back in Friday not yesterday as #ISIS said, it was operated by Al Fatemeyoon militia
    3) The tank got deeper into #ISIS territory with Shtora off expecting not to face anything but a 23MM gun
    4) the crew got surprised by an ATGM hit the upper turret section and knocked out many vision sights and the machine gun.
    5) and set it on fire, another ATGM was fired into the side of the tank and injured the driver.
    6) Then the commander and the gunner abandoned the tank without the diver. He was rescued after one hour.
    7) After several hours and due to the opened hatch the fire reached the ammo inside the tank and exploded.
    8 ) but the turret didn't went airborne. If the crew extinguished the fire up in the turret, the tank would've survived.

Part of me wants to believe that the ATGM sparked the HMG magazine. But another part tells me that this tank was low on ammo and probably will slow cook like the T72SIM Col. Vetshniov (RIP) brew on his way to Tskinvali.

In anyway, the tank was in a bad spot and it wouldn't surprise me it was hit. Once again, awareness, coordination are crucial and these T90's are being used as breakthrough rams. At some point some one will take the ram down.

I should be making millions as a fortune teller.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:47 am

AbdulhamidtheSecond wrote:According to some sources, former Nusra front and alleged members are clashing with other factions around Idlib.

Pro-Nusra militants are known to be strictly against any type of peace process, and they claim that any opposition faction which gets into talks is foe.

I guess,this is a type of "distinction" process between those who are recognised as terrorist by UN,(Nusra,affiliates and surely ISIS) and local rebellions.

And,one more thing, Russian authorities announce that RuAF conducted joint strikes with TurAF, however Turkish side keeps its silence.It is probably correct,at least I think so, then what could be the reason behind such a hesitation?

Divide and conquer.. this is the best strategy Russia can push in Syria , to try
    to get terrorist factions to fight between each other for money /weapons or food. 
    When it comes to the tank.. again shows poor training and mediocre monitoring of Russia
    over its assets deployed in the ground. Their tanks are left in the ground and lost without a fight. and without a rescue operation. it is as if Russia don't care if the tanks are captured 
    by its enemy so later they reverse engineered any technology used.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    AbdulhamidtheSecond wrote:According to some sources, former Nusra front and alleged members are clashing with other factions around Idlib.

Divide and conquer.. this is the best strategy Russia can push in Syria , to try
    to get terrorist factions to fight between each other for money /weapons or food. 
    When it comes to the tank.. again shows poor training and mediocre monitoring of Russia
    over its assets deployed in the ground. Their tanks are left in the ground and lost without a fight. and without a rescue operation. it is as if Russia don't care if the tanks are captured 
    by its enemy so later they reverse engineered any technology used.

This tank couldn't be captured, since it most that probably totally burnt out inside and whole parts of the autoloader being unserviceable. So please can you just simmer down?

This is on the front line probably at 2/2,5 km.

Also I have big issues believing the tank was driving in the dark with Shtora shut down at the forefront of the battle. Which shows how fucked up this is.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:41 pm

higurashihougi wrote:https://twitter.com/SyrianMilitary/status/823804485374013440

The source is a Republic Guard commander who server in #Khanaser front.

Wrong parts are bolded. Here, I fixed it:

Had these incompetent pussies got cooked with rest of the tank then this would have been acceptable loss of a vehicle because it would have improved SAA fighting capability by eradicating two more sub human rats.

But since they both survived it is just a waste of tank now with no positive aspects to it.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:This tank couldn't be captured, since it most that probably totally burnt out inside and whole parts of the autoloader being unserviceable. So please can you just simmer down?
    This is on the front line probably at 2/2,5 km.
    Also I have big issues believing the tank was driving in the dark with Shtora shut down at the forefront of the battle. Which shows how fucked up this is.

What about that t-90 captured on Mallah farms? Probably in Turkey by now.
    And why giving modern thanks to some Afghan militias that were paid by Iran to come to fight in Syria? And sending t-62M to newly formed 5 corps made up of Syrians. After all send those t-90 to Republican Guard.
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 Clf5PFwXEAApDhg
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Irony alert ! Ahrar al - Sham passes on Astana talks , so that JFS isn't isolated. JFS attacks Ahrar in return.

19 Jan 2017
    1. JFS has attacked several Ahrar al-Sham checkpoints and a local HQ in/around Khirbet al-Joz in #Idlib.
    Several prisoners taken by JFS.
    2. More JFS attacks on Ahrar al-Sham positions in #Idlib being reported - in/around Darkoush and Bdama.
    Casualties & more prisoners taken.
    3. Note: Ahrar’s statement announcing its rejection of #Astana yesterday focused on avoiding isolating “any” faction in #Syria, including JFS. lol1
    4. JFS now controls Ahrar al-Sham’s HQs in Khirbet al-Joz and Al-Zayniya, plus several more positions near Jisr al-Shughour, Bdama & Darkoush.
    5. Well-known Ahrar al-Sham member, on JFS’s attacks on its positions in #Idlib today: “JFS betrays Ahrar al-Sham for the thousandth time!" Twisted Evil
    6. Worth noting that some in #Idlib have blamed Ahrar al-Sham members of collusion in the recent escalation in U.S. drone strikes in #Idlib.
    Jan 20
    7. This AM, JFS militants (formerly Jund al-Aqsa) attacked Ahrar al-Sham bases across Jebel al-Zawiyeh in #Idlib - taking several prisoners.
    Јan 21
    8. Fighting continued between Jund al-Aqsa/JFS and Ahrar al-Sham in #Idlib yesterday - in Quminas, Kansafra, Neirab & outside Kafranabel.
    9. This AM, Ahrar al-Sham & Suqor al-Sham have begun preparations for a coordinated counter-offensive across #Idlib vs. "Jund al-Aqsa."
    10. Jund al-Aqsa is now part of JFS so this coming conflict will test JFS’s allegiance; to #Syria “revolutionaries” or to jihadi brethren.
    11. The first counter-offensive operations began in the last hour, in Jebel al-Zawiyeh. I’m told attacks are vs. Jund al-Aqsa *AND* JFS.
    12. Suqor al-Sham leader @aleesa71 blames JFS for protecting “#ISIS” (Jund al-Aqsa) & makes clear the near to “eradicate” the threat in #Idlib:
    13. Two JFS Shura Council members have defected, citing the failure of unity initiatives. -> #Idlib is getting messy. Watch this closely.
    14. Ahrar al-Sham, Jaish al-Islam, Suqor al-Sham & Jaish al-Mujahideen have united under @aleesa71’s command to “annihilate” Jund al-Aqsa.
    15. Possible reports of major defections within Ahrar al-Sham, due to fighting with JFS and Jund al-Aqsa in #Idlib. Several units named so far.
    16. No Ahrar al-Sham defections to JFS confirmed, yet. But JFS has surrounded Jaish al-Mujahideen positions across western #Aleppo countryside.
    Jan 22
    17. Fighting continues betw'n Ahrar al-Sham (backed by 6+ groups) & Jund al-Aqsa/JFS in Jebel al-Zawiyeh, #Idlib. Tanks/heavy weapons involved.
    18. Civilian casualties reported, as Ahrar al-Sham & Suqor al-Sham launch assault on Abalayn, Jebel al-Zawiyeh - controlled by Jund al-Aqsa/JFS.
    19. According to sources in #Idlib, JFS continues to refuse to “give up” Jund al-Aqsa (labelled #ISIS by the opposition) - hence fighting.
    20. Despite rumors, there have been no defections from Ahrar al-Sham. Even "Jaish al-Ahrar" remains under the overall Ahrar command.
    21. However, internal *strategic* differences remain in place. If fighting w. Jund al-Aqsa expands to include JFS, expect issues to arise.
    22. Former Ahrar al-Sham leader Hashem al-Sheikh (Abu Jaber) has ordered dissolution of Jaish al-Ahrar back into broader #Ahrar ranks.

Last 24h
    23. NEW - JFS/AQ has expelled Jund al-Aqsa due to its adverse behaviors.
    24. This JFS/AQ decision comes as Jund al-Aqsa fighters continued attacks on Ahrar al-Sham & Suqor al-Sham in #Idlib today.
    25. Meanwhile, JFS has surrounded Jaish al-Mujahideen positions in western #Aleppo. Opposition groups there mobilizing for their defense.
    26. Important: Hardline Egyptian cleric Abu Fateh al-Furghali has defected from Ahrar al-Sham, hours after Jaish al-Ahrar’s dissolution. #Syria
    27. Furghali had been the “Director of Research” (read: Sharia advisor) to hardline Ahrar al-Sham leadership figure Abu Mohammed al-Sadeq.
    28. Furghali had been a key driving force [behind the scenes] in Jaish al-Ahrar’s formation & its pressure on Ahrar to unite with JFS/AQ/
    29. As JFS surrounds Jaish alMujahideen positions, #Syria’s north'n opposition uniting in objection: “An attack on them = attack on revolution"
    30. Perception on ground is that JFS seeks to use #Astana as cover to assert control in western #Aleppo = Jaish al-Mujahideen under crosshairs.
    31. #JFS has surrounded Jaish al-Mujahideen’s HQ in Maarshurin in #Idlib & demanded its full surrender. #Ahrar & Suqor al-Sham are mobilizing.
    32. Civilians & #FSA fighters have erected blockades near Batabo & Atareb to prevent #JFS fighters from reaching Jaish al-Mujahideen positions.
    33. Late night demonstrations in Sarmada, Hazano, Atareb, Marat al-Numan & Batabo to protest against #JFS threats vs. Jaish al-Mujahideen.
    34. BIG things happening in #Idlib & western #Aleppo - JFS launches multiple attacks on FSA's Jaish al-Mujahideen, sparking broader conflicts.
    35. A 1km-long JFS convoy is currently stuck between Bab al-Hawa and Batabo in #Idlib due to hurriedly put-together FSA blockades. #Syria
    36. JFS diverted much of its force from sieges on Al-Fuah & Kafraya in order to launch simultaneous assaults on FSA in #Idlib & W. #Aleppo.
    37. In last 3hrs, JFS has attacked Jaish al-Mujahideen & Al-Jabhat al-Shamiya. = Faylaq al-Sham, Ahrar al-Sham & Suqor al-Sham responding.
    38.  Jaish al-Mujahideen statement determines that it'll fight JFS & calls upon #Syria’s opposition to join in its defense.
    39. Multiple Ahrar al-Sham casualties reported in #JFS’s attack on Al-Halzoun in western #Aleppo - site of Ahrar & Jaish al-Mujahideen HQs.
    40. JFS cut off internet access in parts of #Idlib almost precisely as its forces launched the simultaneous assaults. Entirely pre-planned
    41. *Extremely* significant 24hrs ahead now as #Syria’s opposition face the choice of how to respond. #JFS seeking to deter future threats.
    42. Nusra/JFS attacks on SRF & Harakat Hazm were against broadly unpopular groups. Jaish al-Mujahideen is far more popular = consequences.
    43. In past 9hrs, inter-factional conflict has escalated considerably in #Idlib & western #Aleppo, pitching JFS et al, vs. opposition coalition:
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 C274mDuUkAAqXoN
    44. Reports #JFS may be set to attack the Bab al-Hawa crossing w. #Turkey, currently controlled by Ahrar al-Sham. FSA: “Idlib is on fire."
    https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/822043276861652993

Remember east Ghouta infighting, and swift SAA advance?
    Times the casualties by 10 and you get Idlib
    for one month
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 C249JzBXUAACOev
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:52 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:https://twitter.com/SyrianMilitary/status/823804485374013440

Had these incompetent pussies got cooked with rest of the tank then this would have been acceptable loss of a vehicle because it would have improved SAA fighting capability by eradicating two more sub human rats.

But since they both survived it is just a waste of tank now with no positive aspects to it.

Actually they could have simply tried to cut the fire, but I don't believe they let the driver there for an hour. Most probably they bolted as soon as they were hit, and came only after the second shot. Just like we have seen them do multiple times.

Tankers who have seen their vehicle take shots and not fail, shouldn't do this.

Calm: Mallah Farm T90 was still able to move under its own power. This one could have been mob-killed if the AGM hit on the side and penetrated driver compartment.

Also T90's given to Nujaba were a token gesture towards Iran who needed experience with the tank. Actually most of the guys who run the T90's aren't Afghans, but "Haratis", Iranians from IRGC. So the TC is Iranian, the rest of the dudes might be from Venus.

Also nobody gives a T-90A to some village boy without proper training. The rate of Hit/Loss of these (6/3) speaks FOR the crews running them. So probably NOT Afghans, but IRGC people that could pass for Afghans.

Last edited by KoTeMoRe on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:57 pm

No more rebels(green) in Idlib. Everyone gets a color now. And I'm going to need more popcorn.
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 XCw32dC

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:03 pm

calm wrote:No more rebels(green) in Idlib. Everyone gets a color now. And I'm going to need more popcorn.

Please fetch me a pivo on your way back, It's my day off, i like comedy movies. Laughing
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:13 pm

calm wrote:No more rebels(green) in Idlib. Everyone gets a color now. And I'm going to need more popcorn.

Sunshine and rainbows !!! love

It's the summer of love all over again even though it's dead of winter. lol1

Make inter faction jihad, not war!
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:17 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Sunshine and rainbows !!!  love

It's the summer of love all over again even though it's dead of winter. lol1

Make inter faction jihad, not war!

Remember this kids?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-airstrikes-idUSKCN0RW0W220151003

Quagmire part 3000: Polite People Bugalooo!
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:27 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Seems to me like there are way too many chicken shit cowards in the SAA. The reaction of this tank crew is beyond pathetic.
    There is also a video of a Russian special forces assistant to the SAA firing at truck bomb until it blows up while all the SAA
    chickens scurry off as fast as they can. If Daesh can instill more backbone in their fighters, then they can outlast the SAA.
    It is really Russian bombing that is making the difference on the battlefield right now.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:34 pm

It's getting hot already.

We are constantly updating the map with news about the infighting between major opposition parties:
    https://globaleventmap.org/#!area=1&overview=1&lat=35.97063990033779&lng=37.09495412880857&zoom=10&map_type=hybrid

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 C27jlcxWIAEWqHn
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Only a few hundred meters separates the Tiger Forces from Euphrates Shield in East Aleppo

Once again: the time I publish a map its already outdated...SAA should really slow down sometimes. Wink
    https://twitter.com/PetoLucem/status/823963374967029761
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 C29LoG7XAAExkbV

#Idleb #jihadi #Civilwar #UPDATE reports: #AlNusra seizes control over most of North-Western #Aleppo countryside rebel controlled villages
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 C29LfPTWEAM9CEL
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:50 pm

New

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 C29QhxbXUAEMNj8
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:22 pm

IDlib is a real mess , and hopefully RUssia and Syria will take advantage of this. I always knew
    that this policy of sending terrorist from all parts of Syria with their weapons all of them to Idlib was going to create big problems with the factions there. Because the rebels groups in reality are thousands of local and foreign groups who choose to side with either major alliance
    either Alnusra or ISIS depending on who pays more. there have been cases where Alnusra members joins ISIS or vice versa. So they are all terrorist ,indeed ,but by sending local and foreign terrorist factions from all parts of Syria and foreigners from all parts of the world to Idlib ,what you end is a total mess of totally different jihadist groups , that even speak different language. like the Chinese muslins for example or chechens will have a problem of communication with the Arab muslins.  Cool

Then moving all terrorist from all parts of the world and Syria to Idlib ,will create major
    problems with womens , if one terrorist like one will want to take it from another , then for food ,who gets the supply or weapons who get the best weapons. and so.  This is why the terrorist in Aleppo did not wanted to go to Idlib. Knew will have problems there and called cowards or traitors if stop fighting. the more smarter Terrorist , makes a peace deal with the Syrian government  in change they provide intelligence of the weapons supplies of their terrorist competition.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Just to ilustrate what a clownhouse this whole thing has become here is (current and collapsed) table from Syrian War article on wikipedia. It makes both WW2 and Game of Thrones combined looks simplistic  affraid  lol1  :

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 26 Madnes11
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:09 am

Safe to say Jaish Al-Mujahideen has been wiped out by Nusra. Nusra won't stop there.
    https://twitter.com/IzatCharkatli/status/824018076148572160

lol1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:24 pm