Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
The Ottoman
archangelski
jhelb
GarryB
sepheronx
Kadmos45
Kazaak
medo
Solncepek
SeigSoloyvov
par far
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
zorobabel
Zivo
d_taddei2
Big_Gazza
Resistance
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Werewolf
ahmedfire
George1
franco
Admin
Regular
JohninMK
Rodinazombie
Airbornewolf
VARGR198
PapaDragon
sweartome123
KoTeMoRe
Vann7
Hannibal Barca
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
41 posters

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Zivo
    Zivo

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 4 Empty Re: Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  Zivo Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:57 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Resistance wrote:

Fake. Erdogan is Sunni Islamist. Iran would never let him land.

if you want to save your ass enemy of your enemy is your best pal...

Or it could just be simple disinformation to discredit Erdogan.
    Vann7

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 4 Empty Re: Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  Vann7 Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:57 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:No more conspiracy talk, discuss news only here.

Erdogan reportedly made the "anti coup speech" from Iran, not Turkey. Seen many reports that his jet landed in Iran.

if true then US must be behind coup  Twisted Evil

https://twitter.com/agirecudi/status/754098413743009792

IF the tweets are correct  posted by Sputniknews.., Erdogan claims behind the coup is a muslin cleric ,who have been fugitive of Turkey justice for a decade and living in United States under their protection.there are reports he have been creating wahhabi schools in America ,and
    trained in US to overthrow Erdogan, just in case Erdogan move away from American policies .  US government always like to have a plan B in case things dont go well.. and this looks like a plan B with Turkey.

If Erdogan claims are correct.. and Erdogan beats the military coup. it will mean Really BAD news for Americans.. really bad news for NATO , Because ERdogan will see American hands behind the coup..and it will mean a major total breakup  between Turkey and NATO.. and that will move closer to IRAN and Russia.

So Erdogan holding power could be the less bad thing for Russia ,if erdogan was genuine in peace with Russia and ending the war with Syria.

But again the military rebels claims to support Freedom and human rights ,
    so we will not now for sure , the facts until the coup ends and someone takes control.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:59 am

d_taddei2 wrote:i have a feeling that this coup will be short lived it seems the people dont want it.

That doesn't matter in a coup, what matters is who has the guns.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 4 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:01 am

BBC news 'Crowds gather at Ankara airport to greet president
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:02 am

Vladimir79 wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:i have a feeling that this coup will be short lived it seems the people dont want it.

true but it seems many soldiers hearts aren't really in it, many soldiers have given up without even firing a round
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:02 am

Agreed, there also doesnt seem to be much of a plan from the army at this point, randomly bombing the parliament and strafing policemen doesnt seem to fall into an overly coherent plan, it seems very random from what we can see. I think the key here may well be not capturing erdogan right from the beginning.

The next six--12 hours are key, if we see public support for the coup then i think we will have a civil war on our hands, if no public support i think the coup will end quickly and erdogan will go full third reich on them.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:03 am

How many hours will it take that this will be blamed on Putin?

Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:03 am

Rodinazombie wrote:

Agreed, there also doesnt seem to be much of a plan from the army at this point, randomly bombing the parliament and strafing policemen doesnt seem to fall into an overly coherent plan, it seems very random from what we can see. I think the key here may well be not capturing erdogan right from the beginning.

The next six--12 hours are key,  if we see public support for the coup then i think we will have a civil war on our hands, if no public support i think the coup will end quickly and  erdogan will go full third reich on them.

This x1000
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:04 am

Vladimir79 wrote:

I hope in Russia similar things are impossible, even with help of 5th column and oligarchs. However for some reason Putin created Rosgvardia...
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:04 am

d_taddei2 wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:

true but it seems many soldiers hearts aren't really in it, many soldiers have given up without even firing a round

To be fair that was exactly what we saw in slavyansk at the beginning too, that can wuickly change, they will fight if they have to.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:05 am

Rodinazombie wrote:

The next six--12 hours are key,  if we see public support for the coup then i think we will have a civil war on our hands, if no public support i think the coup will end quickly and  erdogan will go full third reich on them.

i agree totally, but if Erdogan goes full third reich it could backfire and seem to back his dictator nature, so he has to play this safe, he cant afford more unrest.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:05 am

Apparently Turkey got its no-fly zone, but it's over Ankara instead of Syria. thumbsup
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:07 am

Werewolf wrote:How many hours will it take that this will be blamed on Putin?

I bet on Polish Minister of Defence. for him there is no evildoing not done by Ptin/Russia Very Happy
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:10 am

Turkey Explosion at Parliament Building

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:11 am

we don't even know how large the coup troops are and which parts of the military are backing it, it so far seems they don't have any fixed wing on their side and if this is the case then having tanks will mean nothing. They need to have just about every aspect of the military on their side and it needs to be wide spread, this seems very small and in only Ankara, for this coup to really succeed it needs to be in every major city. I am surprised the Kurds aren't seeing this as an chance to go all out. And one other thing no leader of the coup has identified himself yet, and this could be a major game changer because if he is highly liked then you might find more civilians will come onboard.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:17 am

Zivo wrote:Apparently Turkey got its no-fly zone, but it's over Ankara instead of Syria. thumbsup  

They should have been more specific, Santa Claus is not telepathic. lol1

If Doggie does survive this I have a feeling he will go full Caligula.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:19 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Zivo wrote:Apparently Turkey got its no-fly zone, but it's over Ankara instead of Syria. thumbsup  

Full Nero...
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:23 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Full Nero...

Him and his Islamist followers will be more powerful then ever... President for Life.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:23 am

​Initial reports indicate that Erdogan's government has taken back control from the coup plotters who are said to be loyalists of the US-based Imam Fethullah Gulen. Earlier on Friday, the military coup plotters had seized the bridges and the media outlets. The military coup leaders said that they had seized the government and established a "Peace Council" to reinstall democracy and human rights, but since making that announcement the military opposition has opened fire on large crowds of protesters.

http://sputniknews.com/news/20160716/1043086508/binali-yildirim-military-coup-airspace.html

What to Know About the Group President Recep Tayyip Erdogan Is Blaming for Turkey’s Attempted Coup ?

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 4 Fethullah-gulen-turkey-imam

Fethullah Gülen, who lives in exile in Pennsylvania ,(USA), has been at odds with Erdogan .

The movement—known as the Gülen movement or Hizmet—is led by Turkish imam Fethullah Gülen, who has lived in self-imposed exile in the United States since 1999. Despite his distance, he remains one of the most influential people in Turkey. From afar, he has run a powerful movement calling for a secular and democratic government.

So gulen have been since then in America under the protection of US governments.
    for more than a decade. So Erdogan is indirectly blaming United States for the coup.
    Because it is US ,the ones that backup Erdogan enemy and he did not warned ERdogan
    about gullen coup.

So it looks to me.. that is Erdogan have any doubts before of moving away from US ,because he could be betrayed ..now there will be no more doubts. a major split of relations will happen between Erdogan and US . But Erdogan could proof to be more idiot than anyone expected if continue relations .

http://time.com/4408855/turkey-coup-fethullah-gulen-gulenist-movement/

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:32 am; edited 2 times in total
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:27 am

Vann7 wrote:
    ​Initial reports indicate that Erdogan's government has taken back control from the coup plotters who are said to be loyalists of the US-based Imam Fethullah Gulen. Earlier on Friday, the military coup plotters had seized the bridges and the media outlets. The military coup leaders said that they had seized the government and established a "Peace Council" to reinstall democracy and human rights, but since making that announcement the military opposition has opened fire on large crowds of protesters.

http://sputniknews.com/news/20160716/1043086508/binali-yildirim-military-coup-airspace.html

correction: US-based and backed Imam Fethullah Gulen
    thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:32 am

I thought the coup was done by kemalists who try to bring secularism back to Turkey. In any case, Erdogan is safe and Putin will have to fight Erdogan in Syria until both of them kick the bucket. Millions more Syrians will die, unfortunately.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:35 am

CHP headquarters trashed and set on fire by AKP Islamists. Erdogan is now the new sultan. What a staged coup. Good on him.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:37 am

Some sources are saying the military seized the Turkish Satellite TV Administration, TURKSAT. They landed a helicopter on the property and stormed the place.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:40 am

Erdogan is an Islamist. He is everything Russia and Syria do not stand for. As long as Erdogan is in power, Putin will fight in Syria.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:53 am

Resistance wrote:Erdogan is an Islamist. He is everything Russia and Syria do not stand for. As long as Erdogan is in power, Putin will fight in Syria.

Turkish Military isnt Islamist? are they Christian or Jews?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am