Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
The Ottoman
archangelski
jhelb
GarryB
sepheronx
Kadmos45
Kazaak
medo
Solncepek
SeigSoloyvov
par far
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
zorobabel
Zivo
d_taddei2
Big_Gazza
Resistance
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Werewolf
ahmedfire
George1
franco
Admin
Regular
JohninMK
Rodinazombie
Airbornewolf
VARGR198
PapaDragon
sweartome123
KoTeMoRe
Vann7
Hannibal Barca
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
41 posters

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Zivo
    Zivo

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 5 Empty Re: Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  Zivo Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:54 am

CNN Turkey's studios have been raided, broadcast shut down, and apparently (could be propaganda) hostages have been taken.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 5 Empty Re: Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:57 am

so US plans this time failed...

Dozens of Turkish soldiers hand over weapons to the police in Taksim square in Istanbul

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160715/1467044001.html#ixzz4EWqIVnW0

F-16 fighter of the Turkish armed forces shot down a helicopter of the coup participants
    http://ria.ru/world/20160716/1467140968.html

Resistance wrote:Erdogan is an Islamist. He is everything Russia and Syria do not stand for. As long as Erdogan is in power, Putin will fight in Syria.

on thet level there is no islamist or not ther is ruler
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:57 am

At least 1991 Soviet coup lasted for 3 days, not for 3 hours..
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:57 am

George1 wrote:
    Resistance wrote:Erdogan is an Islamist. He is everything Russia and Syria do not stand for. As long as Erdogan is in power, Putin will fight in Syria.

Turkish Military isnt Islamist? are they Christian or Jews?

Jews Razz
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:59 am

I don't get it. A coup with no proper support from locals is doomed to fail. From now on I will call this country Turkraine because it's equally as "stable" as it's not so distant EU wannabe brother
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:03 am

Bad news if Erdogan emerges triumphant. The psychopath will have complete control over the country.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:04 am

Reports of explosions at Ataturk airport, Istanbul. Supposedly Erdogan's plane, and presumably him, are at that location.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:10 am

Zivo wrote:Reports of explosions at Ataturk airport, Istanbul. Supposedly Erdogan's plane, and presumably him, are at that location.
    He's meeting crowds at the airport:

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 5 Cncryx3XgAAiuBo
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:13 am

The way I see it, Erdogan may be a total schizo, but he at least seems to act "independently?". Would a replacement by a NATO sock puppet be more favorable? Especially considering the 180 degree turnaround in Russia policy.
    He's a pig, supporting ISIS and all, and we really can't get any worse than this Islamo-fascist prick... but he's been a prick to everyone, not just Russia. Replacement by an American skunk maybe better for the West, but it'd probably just be more of the same for Syria and Russia.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:21 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:Turkish soldiers arrested by police...
    https://twitter.com/agirecudi/status/754096806053699592

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:I don't get the major channels, so saw a little bit about this on my evening news.

Came here to get more news!!

Basically, from what i can judge. Turkish Millitary committed to a serious coup with a lot of diverse millitary units ranging from combat helicopters, f-16's, modern battle-tanks, infantry, APC's etc etc.

So far the coup forces done a good job at seizing strategic targets, on the bad side.....Erdogan called on people to take to the streets and resist the millitary. basically throwing civilians against the millitary that resulted in death's already.

Thank you!!

you got more then thousand posts i never saw one? What a Face  ytou blocked me or remove right after posting?

No I don't believe you're blocked. I see your posts.

No. You are not blocked. I post mainly in the Situation in Ukraine thread, and not as often as I used to. Maybe that's why.

Last edited by Cowboy's daughter on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:22 am

OminousSpudd wrote:The way I see it, Erdogan may be a total schizo, but he at least seems to act "independently?". Would a replacement by a NATO sock puppet be more favorable? Especially considering the 180 degree turnaround in Russia policy.
    He's a pig, supporting ISIS and all, and we really can't get any worse than this Islamo-fascist prick... but he's been a prick to everyone, not just Russia. Replacement by an American skunk maybe better for the West, but it'd probably just be more of the same for Syria and Russia.

I am not really sure where to shoot here, i mean is the U.S really backing this, i just don't see them destabilizing a NATO ally just because of Erdogan, he would have been deposed anyway if he had kept going like he did, honestly the best case scenario here is Erdogan dying, regardless of whether this coup succeeds or not.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:29 am

RT says he's giving speech at Ataturk Airport now....
    https://www.rt.com/news/351456-erdogan-lands-istanbul-coup/

@AlfaT8 It's all a little too foggy at the moment. I would agree with Erdogan getting bumped off... just worried about his replacement. Perhaps the coup has nothing to do with foreign involvement, but it doesn't mean Uncle Sam won't capitalize on the situation.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 5 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:42 am

so it seems it was short lived. Those soldiers will face a dire future. And Fethullah Gulen will be in hiding somewhere else in the USA, as no doubt Erdogan will want his blood. And now wanting to shake up the military he will no doubt put a concrete grip on every aspect of government functions to make sure nothing like this will happen again
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:44 am

d_taddei2 wrote:so it seems it was short lived. Those soldiers will face a dire future. And Fethullah Gulen will be in hiding somewhere else in the USA, as no doubt Erdogan will want his blood. And now wanting to shake up the military he will no doubt put a concrete grip on every aspect of government functions to make sure nothing like this will happen again

When coup took TV station, they announced restoring secularism in Turkey. So I don't think it was Gulen behind the coup. Seems like it was kemalists.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:46 am

This is crazy. We live in a crazy, dangerous world!

from twitter

Carol Malouf ‏@carolmalouf 21m21 minutes ago

#Erdogan press conference now live from #Istanbul

Howard Eissenstat Retweeted
    Humeyra Pamuk ‏@humeyra_pamuk 2h2 hours ago

State broadcaster TRT back online, #Turkish officials say coup attempt largely contained, but gunfire, blasts still reported in Ist/Ankara

but then: Howard Eissenstat Retweeted
    Amberin Zaman ‏@amberinzaman 33m33 minutes ago

A cobra helicopter just fired at the parliament #Turkey

Obama rejects attempted military coup in Turkey

The president pledged to 'support the democratically elected government of Turkey' as Washington gaped at the dramatic events in a key NATO ally.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/barack-obama-turkey-coup-225642

Whatever the facts are our news said that the coup "caught the US government by surprise"
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:47 am

OminousSpudd wrote:RT says he's giving speech at Ataturk Airport now....

@AlfaT8 It's all a little too foggy at the moment. I would agree with Erdogan getting bumped off... just worried about his replacement. Perhaps the coup has nothing to do with foreign involvement, but it doesn't mean Uncle Sam won't capitalize on the situation.

Well everyone is gonna try capitalize if they can, U.S, EU, Russia, Kurds, Syria, and of course Israel, let's see what happens while this fog clears.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:51 am

It seems it was a kemalist coup attempting to stop terrorism done by Erdogan in Syria.

https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/4t1c8h/turkish_coup_secular_or_islamic_extremists_and/

It seems the coup failed, which means Putin will have to fight Erdogan in Syria for the next 20 years until they both kick the bucket.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:53 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:RT says he's giving speech at Ataturk Airport now....

Well everyone is gonna try capitalize if they can, U.S, EU, Russia, Kurds, Syria, and of course Israel, let's see what happens while this fog clears.

I don't know what the facts are, and this is just twitter,

Rami ‏@RamiAILoIah 5m5 minutes ago

#BreakingNews Fighter jets take off from Eskisehir airbase to encounter and down the coup jets flying over #Turkey

and

Rami ‏@RamiAILoIah 22m22 minutes ago

VERY HUGE! #BreakingNews #Turkey's President Erdogan: Military coup leaders are taking their direct orders from Washington.. #USA

Maybe more clear later....?
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:59 am

So the US was doing the coup to kill Erdogan and establish secularism in Turkey? I thought so. The US backs SDF which is secular. Turkey backs Ahrar and Nusra which are Islamists.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:14 am

Resistance wrote:So the US was doing the coup to kill Erdogan and establish secularism in Turkey? I thought so. The US backs SDF which is secular. Turkey backs Ahrar and Nusra which are Islamists.

so Erdogan is Anti-US? and if he is Anti-US that means he is pro-russian? But he backs Nusra that are islamists and Russia is fighting those groups

i dont accept these "productive relations"
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:15 am

George1 wrote:
    Resistance wrote:So the US was doing the coup to kill Erdogan and establish secularism in Turkey? I thought so. The US backs SDF which is secular. Turkey backs Ahrar and Nusra which are Islamists.

so Erdogan is Anti-US? and if he is Anti-US that means he is pro-russian? But he backs Nusra that are islamists and Russia is fighting those groups

i dont accept these "productive relations"

Erdogan is Islamist. Also his proxies in Syria are enemies with SDF which is backed by the US. Yesterday Kerry met Putin. My guess is this coup was on Kerry's agenda.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:42 am

Live stream of inside CNN Turk:

Heavy causalities in central Ankara:
    https://www.rt.com/news/351472-turkish-coup-shooting-casualties/
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:49 am

OminousSpudd wrote:Live stream of inside CNN Turk:

Heavy causalities in central Ankara:
    https://www.rt.com/news/351472-turkish-coup-shooting-casualties/

Thank you.

My heart feels heavy. Sad
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:50 am

A warning from the Western masters, as they sense that Erdogan is getting out of control.

This coup failed, but that does not means Erdie is safe. Look at Ngô Đình Diệm,there was several unsuccessful coup against him but finally he still went into M113.

Russia just said that she is considering about granting asylum for Erdie, well probably it is time for Erdie to look for a new master.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:51 am

Erdogan is an evil man. He funds terrorists and massacres millions of people in Syria. Someone needs to put a bullet into his head and send him down to Satan. This evil man deserves no sympathy whatsoever.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:02 am