Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
sheytanelkebir
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
OminousSpudd
Erk
par far
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
Kadmos45
Vann7
Monarchist
KiloGolf
GunshipDemocracy
Cyberspec
NationalRus
Firebird
Dima
sepheronx
Solncepek
wilhelm
Hannibal Barca
Siempre_Leal
Zivo
Neutrality
Airbornewolf
Regular
Akula971
auslander
medo
Khepesh
Bolt
max steel
Heartbeer
zenmonk
Godric
zorobabel
Acheron
Odin of Ossetia
Rmf
Shadåw
BKP
Svyatoslavich
Stealthflanker
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Bidoul
kvs
arpakola
magnumcromagnon
Project Canada
Big_Gazza
zg18
Cowboy's daughter
Fred333
whir
flamming_python
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
JohnSnow
ultron
GarryB
iraqidabab
Werewolf
68 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #4

par far

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

Post  par far Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:i am not sure about everyone else but i am finding it a little frustrating that it is taking so long to liberate, Latakia as well as north/north west/north east Hama province, and the area north of Homs city, as well taking back the area in between aleppo international airport and Keweyres military airport, the latter area could easily be taken back fairly quickly.

As for the other areas like the area north of Homs city the terrorists are completely surrounded so there supplies must be running short, but liberating this area would free up troops to send to the eastern areas Homs to tackle ISIS,

the southern Aleppo offensive i presume will be aimed at taking back as much of of the highway as possible and taking back Abu Al Duhur air base.

i think do to the numbers of the SAA and and its allies for it makes sense to try and tackle some of the easier targets and enclosed areas to free up troops to tackle the harder areas, as in each and every battle there will be casualties on both sides and the SAA and its allies need to keep as many troops as possible for the when the time comes to tackle Aleppo city, Idlib city, and Jisr Shughur city.

Deir ez zor and the southern areas are purely a waiting game hoping that they can hold out, because if Aleppo city and Idlib city are reclaimed you may find that the south and Deir ez zor will be given up my the terrorists. Deir ez zor i think is on borrowed time despite the successes defending the place the casualties on the SAA side are slowly being depleted.

whats peoples views on the above.

As for Damascus this to needs to taken back quickly i am guessing huge amount of forces are being tied up fighting here.

I feel just like you, with the support that the Russian Air Force has given the SAA and it's allies, they should had grabbed more territory, I saw a map of Syria before the Russian intervention and the present situation and the SAA and allies have not made a lot of progress. Sending Russian troops is a very bad decision for oblivious reasons, that's why I think/hope that Russia gives private Russian military companies the green(give them rules which they need to follow) and sent in Russian Special Forces, just have a small number of Russian Special Forces dispatched with the SAA.

This is major and dangerous, Turkey is really making moves.

http://atimes.com/2015/11/turkey-gets-toehold-on-syrian-territory-finally/
    ShahryarHedayatiSHBA

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:56 pm

Before the Russian intervention:

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 20151007084822%21Syrian_civil_war

Current situation:

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 Syrian_civil_war
    par far

Post  par far Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:58 pm

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA wrote:Before the Russian intervention:

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 20151007084822%21Syrian_civil_war

Current situation:

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 Syrian_civil_war

Thank you ShahryarHedayatiSHBA, this is the map I saw. Putin is going to Iran soon, hopefully he tells them, it's time to increase the support to Syria and grab more land, we do more airstrikes, bring in more equipment to Syria and you send in more troops.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:56 pm

i am not sure about everyone else but i am finding it a little frustrating that it is taking so long to liberate, Latakia as well as north/north west/north east Hama province, and the area north of Homs city, as well taking back the area in between aleppo international airport and Keweyres military airport, the latter area could easily be taken back fairly quickly.

Latakia is naturally going to be slow, due to the rough terrain. But progress is being made.

As for the other areas like the area north of Homs city the terrorists are completely surrounded so there supplies must be running short, but liberating this area would free up troops to send to the eastern areas Homs to tackle ISIS

The Ar-Rastan pocket is heavily defended, but under complete siege. It would be a costly endeavor to attack it, but cheap to contain. Draining the swamp around Homs would free up troops, but IMO it makes more sense to use the more valuable SAA for the sweeping offensives than trying to send them into these pockets that the NDF can easily maintain.

i think do to the numbers of the SAA and and its allies for it makes sense to try and tackle some of the easier targets and enclosed areas to free up troops to tackle the harder areas, as in each and every battle there will be casualties on both sides and the SAA and its allies need to keep as many troops as possible for the when the time comes to tackle Aleppo city, Idlib city, and Jisr Shughur city.

You got it backwards, the enclosed areas are the hard targets, and southern Aleppo is Al Nusra's underbelly. You remember at the start of the operation, the SAA launched attacks on practically every front. These were done to probe the weak points in Al Nusra's line. North Hama held firm, Aleppo cracked. The SAA/IRGC threw their reserves into S. Aleppo to exploit the weakness and create a salient to push west into Idlib. They took the path of least resistance.

Deir ez zor and the southern areas are purely a waiting game hoping that they can hold out, because if Aleppo city and Idlib city are reclaimed you may find that the south and Deir ez zor will be given up my the terrorists. Deir ez zor i think is on borrowed time despite the successes defending the place the casualties on the SAA side are slowly being depleted.

Central Syria is flat, open terrain that ISIS will have an incredibly hard time defending especially once Russia switches to part two, moving from strike to CAS. The string of hills that Palmyra is situated on is literally "it" between SAA territory in the west and the Deir ez zor pocket. The catch is that battle would be fluid, and although a SAA offensive would be quick, the defense afterwards would be thin and frustrating to say the least. Commitment would be a costly endeavor at this stage.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:14 am

Peto Lucem's work. Latakia

https://twitter.com/PetoLucem

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 Cuwhh010

The SAA also moved into Khan Touman in S Aleppo. Al Nusra is launching a counter attack right now in this location to try to regain their losses.

Post  Guest Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:56 am

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 CUUZr-YWEAEPSS8

Good shot of control plate on missile and possible failure at launch.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:59 am

OK, they're trying to retake Al Eis.

Al Eis located here: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.993424&lon=36.999035&z=13&m=b

Al Nusra is attacking from the ICARDA facility, the SAA and Hezbollah are based in Al Hader but are entrenched at Al Eis and hold the hilltops. So far I haven't seen any reports it has been captured, just word of heavy clashes, artillery and airstrikes.

Post  Guest Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:02 am

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 CUWCKd5XAAA-l_M

HJ8 spotted...once again.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:10 am

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA wrote:Another Russian missiles heading for Syria landed in Iran

ANother?

You talk as if previous claims of Russian missiles falling in IRAN were true. lol1

Go away troll.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:14 am

Militarov wrote:

Yep the moderates usually don't show the juicy parts (like ID stencil). However, this isn't failure at launch, it's the internal gyro that went bust, because the missile blew, while it got out of the tube.

Also almost 26 years old missile yo...(january 1990). Possibly reconditioned/C&D tube, but wow, they're lucky the ignition didn't blew them all up.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:17 am

i know Iran has sent a fair amount of troops, but they could also send the following

12 x McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II
    12 x Northrop F-5 Tiger II

various tanks and AFV (BMP-1, M47, M60, Zulfiqar , T-72, Type 69, Type 59, FV101 Scorpion,) all these are in fairly high numbers in the Iranian army
    and heavy SP artillery such as M109, and G5, other interesting equipment that would be good to be seen to be used would be the Fateh-110,
    (203 mm) M110, M107 175 mm, and the M-1978 (Koksan) (170mm) the last four pieces of equipment would do hell of a damage to the scumbags.

bring in about 12 x AH-1 Cobra ideal support for ground assault
    and some more Mohajer UAV's
    as well as some more Toophans

and the SAA and its allies might make some more progress,

they could also donate some Mig-23 that they have in storage(depending on condition) to the Syrian air force like they did with there Su-22
    ShahryarHedayatiSHBA

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:19 am

Vann7 wrote:
    ShahryarHedayatiSHBA wrote:Another Russian missiles heading for Syria landed in Iran

ANother?

You talk as if previous claims of Russian missiles falling in IRAN were true.  lol1

Go away troll.

welcome
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:21 am

SHBA I owe you an apology, this time around there are photos, it looked like a kh 55 initially, and so it is, it looks like the kh 55 has just pancaked somehow and is completely off course, thus it possibly failed to ignite or had a hiccup, not optimal for the locals.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:23 am

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

ANother?

You talk as if previous claims of Russian missiles falling in IRAN were true.  lol1

Go away troll.

welcome

And stop posting fake information dude.. unless the source have any credibility ,
    your Syrian maps are also wrong.. look at Peto Lucem's  map of latakia posted after yours, it confirm ,your information is false. Seems that forgot to include the close to 100 towns and villages the Syrian army have captured.. In words of the Russian army chief of staff to putin,
    the advances of the Syrian army have been significant since they began. and the most important thing have made the Terrorist to halt completely their advances and retreat in all fronts .  Russia have been bombing their supply depots mostly ,and once they began to suffer from lack of food and fuel and ammunition they will collapse like a house of cards.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:28 am

Pls go away, you're ruining a perfectly valid thread with personal attacks. SHBA it looks like it's close to the launch point from the aerial footage, can you confirm in any way?

Post  Guest Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:30 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Yep the moderates usually don't show the juicy parts (like ID stencil). However, this isn't failure at launch, it's the internal gyro that went bust, because the missile blew, while it got out of the tube.

Also almost 26 years old missile yo...(january 1990). Possibly reconditioned/C&D tube, but wow, they're lucky the ignition didn't blew them all up.

Yeah, but its still kinda failure at launch i mean..it didnt go far Very Happy But yeah truly lucky, they could have all died there... guys died in field from far less dangerous failures.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:31 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:Pls go away, you're ruining a perfectly valid thread with personal attacks. SHBA it looks like it's close to the launch point from the aerial footage, can you confirm in any way?

He needs to stop posting false information.. he claims Russia lost 4 cruise missiles in IRAN
    using questionable pictures ,when western media claimed it..and Russia and IRAN denied. now he insist to continue with the propaganda. Perhaps he will claim too Russia hits an hospital?  Rolling Eyes

And his Syrian maps of current situation of Syria are wrong too. So people be warned with his propaganda. What he could inform us more why IRAN have been so lame in support to Syria in 5 years. A nation with 1-2 million army , that have a defense pact with Syria can do much better than send 2,000 volunteers and half of them being iraquis. Iran have tanks and airforce that can also help. Artillery that can send too. with many drones and for sure Iranian missiles never fail. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:36 am

I would say Vann is correct here. Both about the cruise missiles and the maps. He has yet to prove the first failure which he has not, then it would make is claim that another failed invalid. It would mean that this is first failure (and 1 missile at that). As well, his map shows that Syria lost territory after Russian strikes which we all know that is wrong. Unless all we are fed of victories for saa were false.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:41 am

Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Yeah, but its still kinda failure at launch i mean..it didnt go far Very Happy But yeah truly lucky, they could have all died there... guys died in field from far less dangerous failures.

Yeah sorry, I'm a bit cranky would have liked to see a real failure at launch, with catastrophic destruction.

Seph. Look closely at the map, it shows Syria earned some ground, while stalling in Hama and Mheen. I offered an apology because, i was about to blast him for few elements before he added the other pictures.

I'm not discussing the other claims. If anything it's better to be safe in these cases, than sorry, still not optimal for the locals.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:00 am

The crashed missile is most likely a X-555

Hot day today on several fronts, like Zivo altready mentioned previously.

There are reports that the SAA and Hezbolah have re-entered Khan Touman...fighting going on for control of it.

Southern_Aleppo Heavy Clashes ongoing for last 2 hour Khan_Tuman
    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1

KoTeMoRe wrote:Lubnani music with persian reef? Hizb'Ichaat or Hizb'Allah?

Nevermind Nujaba, Hizb'chaat Iraqi shi'a.

BTW, these guys were figthing the US not so far ago.

BTW you can notice the IRGC guys in the formations. Not good for OPSEC.

The music surprisingly almost put me in a trance like state...preferable to the wahabi one

Pro-gov Shia groups in Syria. Overwhelmingly Iraqi....there's even a Yemeni group

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 K3Vl6
    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

Post  Siempre_Leal Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:06 am

Cyberspec wrote:

Pro-gov Shia groups in Syria. Overwhelmingly Iraqi....there's even a Yemeni group

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 K3Vl6

Hmmm Ansar Allah (Houthi), maybe just a very small number of them in Syria but they're very busy fighting the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:57 am

^^^They do put decent effort into branding I gotta say.... Very Happy

KoTeMoRe wrote:SHBA I owe you an apology, this time around there are photos, it looked like a kh 55 initially, and so it is, it looks like the kh 55 has just pancaked somehow and is completely off course, thus it possibly failed to ignite or had a hiccup, not optimal for the locals.

Cruise missiles have expiration dates too, I would wager VKS is taking this opportunity to clear out some old stocks and make room for fresh orders. Would explain such generous use of air launched cruise missiles for low quality inbred targets, overkill be damned.... Twisted Evil
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:14 am

Said to be Maheen area....first time I see Mi-24's firing their cannons clearly

Turkish police openly show solidarity with ISIS against co-enemy: Kurds. Shooting, shouting takbirs in Kurdish town
    https://twitter.com/dijraberi/status/666575246099619840

Summary of Erdogan's anti-terror campaign

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 CKzRGYmVEAAe1wa
    ShahryarHedayatiSHBA

Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:52 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:SHBA I owe you an apology, this time around there are photos, it looked like a kh 55 initially, and so it is, it looks like the kh 55 has just pancaked somehow and is completely off course, thus it possibly failed to ignite or had a hiccup, not optimal for the locals.

Nevermind thumbsup
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:39 am

South Aleppo AQ offensive (Tall Al-Eis + Khan Tuman) via Ivan Sidorenko

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 CUZhPwIWwAAQPOw

Some UNCONFIRMED (word of mouth) reports that AQ offensive in South Aleppo has been rebuffed....over 50 enemy dead  + 6 vehicles destroyed....just putting this out there, hopefully it gets confirmed

In other news...

250 (possibly more to follow) Turkish volunteers from a ultra nationalist group headed to Latakia to help their brethren (Syrian Turkmen)

#Syria #Latakia A Militant Militia Group of "250" Fighter's headed into #Lattakia to help stop #SAA #NDF Advances

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 7 Proxy

Northern Latakia

AAA firing on SyAF Su-24

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 pm