Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+3
Lenny1983
sepheronx
StreetRanger
7 posters

Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia

StreetRanger

Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia Empty Teaching English in Russia

Post  StreetRanger Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:50 am

Hello Everyone!

I have been reading the forums for awhile, and I have seen that there are people from all over the world here. I have read many interesting things I didn't know, and didn't see this topic discussed and figured I would start one. There are many websites on the internet that offer teaching certificates that will allow for native English speakers to teach English in foreign countries. I already have a bachelor of science, and am working on my masters, but would like to add a foreign language skill. I was considering taking a one year break to teach in either Moscow, or St. Petersburg, and learn Russian while teaching English to Russian speakers.

Does anyone here have any experience with programs like this?

Best,
    Jon
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia Empty Re: Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:20 am

I kniw a guy who taught english in St.pete back in the 90's and really enjoyed it. It may be harder now but he got through by simply applying at various schools.

Dunno how it works now though.
    StreetRanger

Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia Empty Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia

Post  StreetRanger Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:25 am

I am from the USA, so I doubt it would be easy, but I have a degree in business, and will soon have a masters in human resource development. I would like to live in Russia for a year or so, maybe longer, and want to learn to speak Russian. I am willing to learn Russian while finishing my masters to become a better candidate. There is a ton of information on the internet on this subject, but most of it is negative because of the sanctions Russia is under and the state of their economy. Any advice is appreciated, and I am hoping someone has actually done this. I am to old to join the Russian Army (44), so that can't be an option.

Thanks in Advance for opinions and options.

Best Regards.
    Jon
    Lenny1983
    Lenny1983

Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia Empty Re: Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia

Post  Lenny1983 Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:12 pm

StreetRanger wrote:I am from the USA, so I doubt it would be easy, but I have a degree in business, and will soon have a masters in human resource development. I would like to live in Russia for a year or so, maybe longer, and want to learn to speak Russian. I am willing to learn Russian while finishing my masters to become a better candidate. There is a ton of information on the internet on this subject, but most of it is negative because of the sanctions Russia is under and the state of their economy. Any advice is appreciated, and I am hoping someone has actually done this. I am to old to join the Russian Army (44), so that can't be an option.

Best Regards.
    Jon

First of all i think you need to get a hold of the Russian Consulate either in Seattle or DC, depending on where you reside, find everything you can about long extending visa's and all, since you are not going to go on a vacation, get Rosetta Stone, i know sound bad right??? But get it anyway, it does work, guaranteed, also start looking for international business associated companies back home depending on your field of expertise and such, that is all for now.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:14 pm

StreetRanger wrote:I am from the USA, so I doubt it would be easy, but I have a degree in business, and will soon have a masters in human resource development. I would like to live in Russia for a year or so, maybe longer, and want to learn to speak Russian. I am willing to learn Russian while finishing my masters to become a better candidate. There is a ton of information on the internet on this subject, but most of it is negative because of the sanctions Russia is under and the state of their economy. Any advice is appreciated, and I am hoping someone has actually done this. I am to old to join the Russian Army (44), so that can't be an option.

Best Regards.
    Jon

You will get details here

http://www.visahouse.com/work-visa-procedure.asp

I am from Belarus but have lived and worked in Moscow but that is primarily because I am Russian from my Mom's side. I have seen several people from the US work in Russia a vast majority of them are hired by US companies that have offices/operations in Russia.

One more thing. Just like it is imperative to know English in the US it is equally imperative to learn Russian if you want to get a job in Russia.
    Lenny1983
    Lenny1983

Post  Lenny1983 Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:57 am

jhelb wrote:

Best Regards.
    Jon

You will get details here

http://www.visahouse.com/work-visa-procedure.asp

I am from Belarus but have lived and worked in Moscow but that is primarily because I am Russian from my Mom's side. I have seen several people from the US work in Russia a vast majority of them are hired by US companies that have offices/operations in Russia.

One more thing. Just like it is imperative to know English in the US it is equally imperative to learn Russian if you want to get a job in Russia.

So basically, what i have said earlier, hehehehe, lol!
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:02 pm

StreetRanger wrote:Hello Everyone!

I have been reading the forums for awhile, and I have seen that there are people from all over the world here. I have read many interesting things I didn't know, and didn't see this topic discussed and figured I would start one. There are many websites on the internet that offer teaching certificates that will allow for native English speakers to teach English in foreign countries. I already have a bachelor of science, and am working on my masters, but would like to add a foreign language skill. I was considering taking a one year break to teach in either Moscow, or St. Petersburg, and learn Russian while teaching English to Russian speakers.

Best,
    Jon

its best to do at least a TEFL course first(google TEFL) then contact schools as some schools are happy to take someone with a TEFL certificte and some aren't, the ones that do don't normally advertise abroad, this how my friend did it. Some will also offer a accommodation as part of the package, i was offered a job while teaching english while i was in Tajikistan, but wasn't ready to move abroad, next year however i will be looking to move abroad, either Africa or central Asia, i was in North Korea for 10 days in August and really enjoyed it just a shame i can't go there to teach english.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:26 pm

StreetRanger wrote:Hello Everyone!

Best,
    Jon

Goggle CELTA, it is an internationally recognized English teaching certification.
    Borschty

Εmployment for foreign citizens in Russia Empty Learning Russian/Any Language

Post  Borschty Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 am

Hey guys

So I'm currently studying as an Aeronautical Engineer in my country. However because there is little-to-no companies that are involved in my industry (because most planes/helicopters are imported); I'm thinking about relocating to Russia in hopes of working over there with my degree when I complete it (As Russia's Aeronautical/Space industry is good).

Although I have experience studying another language I still don't know the process on how I should go about starting it; whether I should learn how to write and read first or by speaking & listening. What do you guys think I should do?

Looking forward to your responses

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 pm