Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
medo
Heartbeer
wilhelm
franco
PapaDragon
Backinblack
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Dima
mack8
arpakola
victor1985
Prince Darling
marat
Karl Haushofer
Siempre_Leal
Cyrus the great
SturmGuard
crod
Rodinazombie
OminousSpudd
Vann7
Hannibal Barca
iraqidabab
GarryB
Stealthflanker
dino00
Kimppis
ult
Airbornewolf
Bolt
sepheronx
Neutrality
whir
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Bidoul
Erk
kvs
zorobabel
NationalRus
d_taddei2
Solncepek
Fred333
Morpheus Eberhardt
KoTeMoRe
par far
zg18
Kyo
ultron
George1
Cyberspec
JohninMK
Monarchist
max steel
Werewolf
Zivo
Khepesh
magnumcromagnon
KomissarBojanchev
ExBeobachter1987
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #3

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #3

Post  PapaDragon Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:32 am

Militarov wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSMUjYbU8AAL8G5

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSMM7JKXIAANkOt

Sand storm that hit Khanasser Road area today caused a delay of SAA operations.

Looks quite severe.

I wonder if thermal imaging can still work in such events ?

Thermal imaging yes at least to certain extend,  IR image intensifiers however wont help Very Happy

Why would someone downvote this? Shocked

Probably ultron or monarchist doing the retard routine, I got downvoted 3 times this weekend, one of those clowns has several accounts it seems....

If you think this is bad, I got downvoted once for posting article about new marine biology center in Moscow, I kid you not!!! lol1

BTV, I gave you an upvote to lift your spirits buddy... thumbsup
    ultron

Post  ultron Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 am

I never down vote anyone. BTW, why don't Russia air drop arms and ammo to the Aleppo front line rather than transport to Latakia then go around by road?
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:12 am

Syrian Army Captures Al-Mansoura Inside the Al-Ghaab Plains (apparently with the help of the RuAF)
    http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-captures-al-mansoura-inside-the-al-ghaab-plains/

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:58 am

Cyberspec wrote:Syrian Army Captures Al-Mansoura Inside the Al-Ghaab Plains (apparently with the help of the RuAF)
    http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-captures-al-mansoura-inside-the-al-ghaab-plains/

Really Nice operation there... ^^

Thats the way Syrian army needs to do its battles.. not only repel the attack.. but took
    advantage of the failure to Counter with an assault and make their lost double.. One in the
    offensive and another in the defense. Cool  and if they bit lucky another victory after they retreat for the second time and relocate to a second position.

I wonder however ,why we have not seen fights behind enemy lines.. Like airbone forces being dropped in the middle of terrorist strongholds ,after a major attack operation on its front lines.
    Usually people spread most of its forces in the front line and leave poorly guarded its center if they are short on soldiers.

There are also other tactics that can be used and not really taken advantage.. like the bombing
    same place 2 times withing hours difference ,first one to take military equipment and the second one to take the terrorist inspecting the damage. lol1

You could also for example load an old mig plane with 1 ton of tnt.. and control remote it..and make it look it crash.. when all terrorist arrive to capture the supposed pilot..Boom!!!
    explode the bomb by control remote when many terrorist near. Fake failed bombs could also
    be used too.. That are made to not explode on impact.. but to explode after they removed from
    their place.

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:00 am

Vann7 wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Syrian Army Captures Al-Mansoura Inside the Al-Ghaab Plains (apparently with the help of the RuAF)

Really Nice operation there... ^^

Thats the way Syrian army needs to do its battles.. not only repel the attack.. but took
    advantage of the failure to Counter with an assault and make their lost double.. One in the
    offensive and another in the defense. Cool  and if they bit lucky another victory after they retreat for the second time and relocate to a second position.

If wonder however ,why we have not seen fights behind enemy lines.. Like airbone forces being dropped in the middle of terrorist strongholds ,after a major attack operation on its front lines.
    Usually people spread most of its forces in the front line and leave poorly guarded its center .

There are also other tactics that can be used and not really taken advantage.. like the bombing
    same place 2 times withing hours difference ,first one to take military equipment and the second one to take the terrorist inspecting the damage. lol1

They have been re-bombing areas.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:09 am

I doubt any air operations can be conducted in such conditions....same goes for any larger ground operations BTW

Satellite guided bombs against known fixed positions still might work... and radar might still penetrate to detect targets for CCIP dumb bomb attacks... but I suspect enemy forces hunkered down to hide from sand will also be fairly well protected from anything but a direct hit... save your ammo and wait for it to pass...

Not that i care, i got so many downvotes here on stuff with legit sources and explanations but this one is really mind blowing Very Happy Tho you never know, maybe some people belive moonlight helps you see though wall of sand.

I am asking for opinions on the Forum non technical issues thread regarding the voting system... I would be interested in the opinions of all members.

If wonder however ,why we have not seen fights behind enemy lines.. Like airbone forces being dropped in the middle of terrorist strongholds ,after a major attack operation on its front lines.
    Usually people spread most of its forces in the front line and leave poorly guarded its center .

Fighting behind enemy lines requires a very high level of training and equipment with enormous risks... ask the US forces in Blackhawk down what it is like fighting in a hostile city with a small group of soldiers...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Sputnik catching up with that TOS-1A barrage of last week, with video link.

The Syrian Army published a video of it firing the TOS-1A Solntsepyok thermobaric rocket launchers and Grad multiple rocket launchers against Islamic State (ISIL) positions in the mountains in the north-east of Latakia.

The Solntsepyok (which in Russian means the "Blazing Sun") is a multiple rocket launcher and a thermobaric weapon designed to defeat enemy personnel in fortification, in open country and in lightly armored vehicles. Its thermobaric projectiles are especially effective in mountain areas as their blast waves resonate and are boosted in confined environments. They have an effective range of nearly three-four kilometers as the rocket has a massive payload and a compact engine unlike conventional projectiles.

The Solntsepyok explosive consists of explosive aerosol which is spread above the target and ignited. It creates a longer and more sustainable blast wave than conventional condensed explosives. In the epicenter of the explosion, the temperature rises to 1,000 degrees Celsius. More so, the explosion burns out atmospheric oxygen, and the subsequent vacuum ruptures the lungs of the victims.

The TOS-1A Solntsepyok is an upgraded version of the TOS-1 Buratino heavy flame-throwing system which underwent its first combat tests in Afghanistan in 1988-1989.

"Russian-made heavy flame-throwing systems are quite popular in the Middle East. Their use in Iraq proved that the TOS-1A is perfect for local combat operations to defeat enemy personnel in heavy fortifications," Igor Sevastyanov, head of the Rosoboronexport delegation, said during the Russia Arms Expo 2015.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151026/1029107460/solntsepyok-against-isil-militants.html#ixzz3pfwIYkpG
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Syrian Army Liberates Part of Key Highway Connecting Homs and Damascus

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:01 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSMUjYbU8AAL8G5

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSMM7JKXIAANkOt

Sand storm that hit Khanasser Road area today caused a delay of SAA operations.

Looks quite severe.

I wonder if thermal imaging can still work in such events ?

Thermal imaging yes at least to certain extend,  IR image intensifiers however wont help Very Happy

Why would someone downvote this? Shocked

Probably ultron or monarchist doing the retard routine, I got downvoted 3 times this weekend, one of those clowns has several accounts it seems....

If you think this is bad, I got downvoted once for posting article about new marine biology center in Moscow, I kid you not!!! lol1

BTV, I gave you an upvote to lift your spirits buddy... thumbsup

Haha, appreciated Very Happy

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:06 pm

GarryB wrote:
    I doubt any air operations can be conducted in such conditions....same goes for any larger ground operations BTW

Satellite guided bombs against known fixed positions still might work... and radar might still penetrate to detect targets for CCIP dumb bomb attacks... but I suspect enemy forces hunkered down to hide from sand will also be fairly well protected from anything but a direct hit... save your ammo and wait for it to pass...

Not that i care, i got so many downvotes here on stuff with legit sources and explanations but this one is really mind blowing. Tho you never know, maybe some people belive moonlight helps you see though wall of sand.

I am asking for opinions on the Forum non technical issues thread regarding the voting system... I would be interested in the opinions of all members.

Fighting behind enemy lines requires a very high level of training and equipment with enormous risks... ask the US forces in Blackhawk down what it is like fighting in a hostile city with a small group of soldiers...

Well radar might work, depends i guess how "thick" is actual sandstorm. I shall check and give my opinion ty Smile

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Saudi prince Abd al-Muhsen bin Walid bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud + 4 Saudis detained in the largest drug bust in Beirut airport's history. 2 tonnes of Captagon pills + cocaine. Captagon (educated people will probably know it under its other name Fenethylline/phenethylline) is popular in the Mid East + widely used by jihadists in Syria.

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSPqyTEXIAY1Yqb

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSPqyTQW0AEkReI

Source: https://twitter.com/IraqiSecurity/status/658628131889270784

"The prince was about to conduct a flight on his private plane to Saudi Arabia. Lebanese TV station Al Mayadeen also said that 40 packages of drugs, weighing 2 tons in total, were confiscated. The prince was arrested and taken in for questioning along with four other people."

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/319727-saudi-prince-drug-arrest/

I tried to find pic of this guy, but their names are so fu*ked up that i am getting 2 guys that were born before WW2 and then "did you mean..." So if anyone actually knows this guy... Very Happy
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Probably Saudi supplying the terrorists with that stuff, makes it easy for them to blow themselves up. In Baiji Iraqi forces captured Saudi bags with ammo in it, on the outside was written 'food supplies etc. Made in Saudi'.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Thought of sharing an interesting (or maybe not) stuff I saw on Al Jazeera news broadcast.
    I don't usually watch/pay attention to weather forecasts, but today just happen to watch it on Al Jazeera and important cities (usually national capital) did not include Damascus from Syria, but it was Aleppo instead. Was it the usual city that got represented from Syria on AJ even before the US backed terrorists onslaught?

If by chance it was AJ spin, then I guess we are seeing a glimpse of Western plans/stratergy to keep Aleppo and the surrounding area detached/outside of Syrian Govt control and make Aleppo the defacto capital of such a 'state'. This is in line with how Misrata became the defacto capital of the so-called 'opposition' in Libya.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:23 pm

French diplomacy is clearly not what it used to be.

PARIS, October 26. /TASS/. France plans to hold an international meeting on the situation in Syria bringing together representatives of different foreign countries but without Russia, French Foreign Ministry’s spokesman Romain Nadal said on Monday.

"We are working on organizing a new meeting with participation of regional partners on Tuesday in Paris," Nadal said.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:26 pm

JohninMK wrote:French diplomacy is clearly not what it used to be.

PARIS, October 26. /TASS/. France plans to hold an international meeting on the situation in Syria bringing together representatives of different foreign countries but without Russia, French Foreign Ministry’s spokesman Romain Nadal said on Monday.

"We are working on organizing a new meeting with participation of regional partners on Tuesday in Paris," Nadal said.

It'll be a meeting where all parties will probe each other with French ticklers while wearing French maid outfits, no need for Russia to particpate in that! pwnd Razz
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:34 pm

for the people believing TOWs can win wars..

Chief Tow Operator in Aleppo killed by Syrian Army.  Cool

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 Ghaab-702x336

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/chief-tow-operator-for-the-moderate-islamist-rebels-killed-in-west-hama/

The wonder weapon did not worked this time. lol1

ARtillery and Tanks owns Tows..
    Kornets missiles also superior to TOW.  Contrary to people believes is not designed
    against soft targets or  people is only an anti tank weapon.  And if they used against buildings it will fly through it.  Even a good sniper can own a TOW operator. and iranian small and cheap suicide drones will also own TOW operators.

TOW range 4.2 km..
    Kornet-E Range that Syrian army have 5.5km and it includes Thermobaric warheads
    ideal to kill mass infantry. Kornet-D that Russia now have have a range of 10km. and can be used against low flying planes ,tanks ,drones or soldiers.  Cool

What could be more cost effective and simple and cheaper against TOW is tanks  armed with automatic tracking gun ,lazer range finder. like T-90 or T-72b3?  as soon someone aims TOW optics to the tank , a tank sabot round will be send directly to the TOW operator and blow up in pieces..the terrorist and the Tow operator will not have a chance ever touch the tank if he face a competent tank driver.

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Latest news according trustworthy twitter sources (especially for PapaDragon Smile)

1.Exclusive:Huge Regime Axis forces are amassing in the Triangle of Death area in Daraa to launch their Daraa Offensive with RUAF CAS
    2.Brig. General Ezzidine Ali ibrahim Regiment Commander of 137th Brigade of SAA announced Dead near DeirEzZor
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSQc6QSW0AAz_DF
    3.Former Emir of Hasbah in Raqqa Abu Osama Al-Jazrawi was killed by SAA during Khanasir Road Battle
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Solncepek wrote:Latest news according trustworthy twitter sources (especially for PapaDragon Smile)

1.Exclusive:Huge Regime Axis forces are amassing in the Triangle of Death area in Daraa to launch their Daraa Offensive with RUAF CAS
    2.Brig. General Ezzidine Ali ibrahim Regiment Commander of 137th Brigade of SAA announced Dead near DeirEzZor
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 MediaQc6QSW0AAz_DF
    3.Former Emir of Hasbah in Raqqa Abu Osama Al-Jazrawi was killed by SAA during Khanasir Road Battle

Source link? lol1
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:15 pm

a chinese Uyghur terrorist killed by the Syrian Arab Army in northwestern Hama over the weekend:  

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 Uyghur-702x336

So much for a civil war of "Syrians" for democracy and freedom.  Neutral

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/uyghur-terrorist-killed-by-the-syrian-army-in-northwest-hama/

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSQgJAyWEAA-CXm

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSQqaT5WwAEaMEv

Jenan is great legit source btw.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Oman foreign & security chief Al-Alawi visited Damascus and met with president Assad, first cracks within GCC?

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSQ-tUbU8AIQMIM

Oman is home to third and smallest branch of Islam , Ibadis.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Latakia , Russian airstrikes
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:36 pm

zg18 wrote:Oman foreign & security chief Al-Alawi visited Damascus and met with president Assad,  first cracks within GCC?

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 9 CSQ-tUbU8AIQMIM

Oman is home to third and smallest branch of Islam , Ibadis.

Actually out of all the GCC states it's head-and-shoulders by far the most rational, for example Oman has refused to cut ties with Iran even after the sanctions and heavy pressure from the West, Israel, and fellow GCC states. So no, this isn't usual for Oman, it's the norm.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:50 pm

IT's also the most sane Gulf country when it comes to religion... it does not finance terrorists and has a rather free society - apostasy for example is punishable by death in KSA and UAE but in Oman it is not even a crime (some minor violations do happen - but nothing compared to KSA)

I also never heard of Omani campaign to promote Ibadi Islam outside of Oman.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:03 pm

There is hope for america..
    Finally politicians with brains.. Very Happy

And she is hot too.. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:38 am