Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+13
Cowboy's daughter
TheArmenian
kvs
Viktor
NickM
George1
GarryB
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
flamming_python
Werewolf
Admin
Acheron
17 posters

Hello from yet another migrant

Acheron
    Acheron

Hello from yet another migrant Empty Hello from yet another migrant

Post  Acheron Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:03 am

Howdy from one of the many migrants out of the soon-to-be-dead MP.net.

It is great to see some familiar faces from MP.net here, like flamming_python and sepheronx (and many others).

The acclimation to this forum might be difficult without the aid of such prolific and invaluable contributors such as AIG, C.Puffs, LineDoggie, Shelldraken, Camera, leupnitz, etc..., but somehow I think I'll manage it just fine pirat

Admin
    Admin

Hello from yet another migrant Empty Re: Hello from yet another migrant

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:25 am

welcome Why are they closing down?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:27 am

welcome
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:02 am

Acheron wrote:AIG, C.Puffs, LineDoggie, Shelldraken, Camera, leupnitz, etc..., but somehow I think I'll manage it just fine pirat

LOL, yes they will be sorely missed

Anyway, welcome
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:15 am

Welcome, Acheron.

welcome

If you don't mind, can you please tell us a bit about your background?
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:26 am

Vladimir79 wrote: welcome Why are they closing down?

Apparently, one of the reasons why the site owner (Hood) wants to close it down is due to legal/copyright issues of the media regularly posted within the threads. At least that is one of the reasons given to us mere mortals by the MP.net mod team.
    Hence, the new "reincarnation" of MP.net created by the MP.net mods called themess.net will disallow posting images that have not been taken by the users themselves.

Still don't understand why they couldn't have moved the hosting services to Tonga or Papua New Guinea instead  Wink.

Oh well, MP.net will be sorely missed.

PS: About me - My background/job is in science, but I am an avid history/geopolitics/military hobbyist, particularly if it is Russia-specific.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:35 pm

One more valuable addition.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:53 pm

welcome Very Happy
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:29 pm

welcome
    NickM
    NickM

Post  NickM Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:43 pm

Acheron wrote:Howdy from one of the many migrants out of the soon-to-be-dead MP.net.

welcome are you from the UK?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:24 pm

NickM wrote:
    Acheron wrote:Howdy from one of the many migrants out of the soon-to-be-dead MP.net.

welcome  are you from the UK?

India. Laughing
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 pm

welcome
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 am

Acheron wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote: welcome Why are they closing down?

Apparently, one of the reasons why the site owner (Hood) wants to close it down is due to legal/copyright issues of the media regularly posted within the threads. At least that is one of the reasons given to us mere mortals by the MP.net mod team.
    Hence, the new "reincarnation" of MP.net created by the MP.net mods called themess.net will disallow posting images that have not been taken by the users themselves.

Still don't understand why they couldn't have moved the hosting services to Tonga or Papua New Guinea instead  Wink.

Oh well, MP.net will be sorely missed.

PS: About me - My background/job is in science, but I am an avid history/geopolitics/military hobbyist, particularly if it is Russia-specific.

welcome

It just keeps getting better and better. No "ban fag" moderators here.

The copyright excuse is lame. It was true at all times of MP net existence. I don't buy it as the reason for the closure now.
    MP net was a great source of information that contradicted the Orwellian spew of the main stream NATO media. People
    in NATO are turning to the internet in droves as they lose confidence in CNN, BBC, CBC, etc. They need to be headed off
    at the pass and shutting down sites like MP net makes sense. Sad to say, but this forum has the "stronk" taint since there
    are not enough counter-balancing views and the membership is small. I fully admit to contributing to this image.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Welcome Acheron.

I stopped posting in mp.net years ago. I believe every post I made there was a contribution to that hornet's nest. I am glad it is going down.
    With the help of new posters like you, this forum should expand quickly and become the informational and popular source on military/geopolitic matters, particularly Russian and Eurasian ones.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:36 pm

Also Welcome Acheron.
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:11 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Also Welcome Acheron.

Hi Cowboy's daughter. It's great to see so many familiar faces migrating from MP.net.
    Now all we need is to get metberkut, Khathi, artjom, Lokos and BitnikGR here and we are all set Very Happy

PS: Forgot to mention this in my opening post, so here it is for the sake of posterity: I am a Russian/Ukrainian currently living in Melbourne, Australia (with some family members living in eastern Ukraine).

macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:50 am

Acheron wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:Also Welcome Acheron.

Hi Cowboy's daughter. It's great to see so many familiar faces migrating from MP.net.
    Now all we need is to get metberkut, Khathi, artjom, Lokos and BitnikGR here and we are all set Very Happy

PS: Forgot to mention this in my opening post, so here it is for the sake of posterity: I am a Russian/Ukrainian currently living in Melbourne, Australia (with some family members living in eastern Ukraine).

welcome Great to have you here.
    We need more people with contacts in Ukraine.
    I'd love to see Andurel from mp.net join too.
    Osobist
    Osobist

Post  Osobist Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Ze Great butthurt thread class 2013-2015 reunion...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Osobist wrote:Ze Great butthurt thread class 2013-2015 reunion...

I wanted to take part after the Georgian thingie (LD screaming Agression on all pistons was the purest form of entertainment) and the Libyan thing. Nota bene, the first professional "amateurs" started to pop up during the Libyan crisis, people that would relay news while being nowhere near the news. I suspect kalerab of being a paid troll. A real one. I got banned...
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:20 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:

I wanted to take part after the Georgian thingie (LD screaming Agression on all pistons was the purest form of entertainment) and the Libyan thing. Nota bene, the first professional "amateurs" started to pop up during the Libyan crisis, people that would relay news while being nowhere near the news. I suspect kalerab of being a paid troll. A real one. I got banned...

I don't think he is a paid troll, but someone who is extremely biased working hard to appear as neutral and authoritative as possible. I still remember how he vehemently defended the Libyan "scenario" by making it sound as if post-"revolution" Libyans were now living in the land of milk and honey even though most people could see his BS for what it was.
    Also, his gloating and "predictions" about Ukies steamrolling the DNR/LNR after the latter retreat from Slavyansk quickly gave way to very perceptible butthurt when the truth of the matter became too obvious to ignore.

Don't get me wrong, I actually think that there are plenty of NATO stronk trolls on mp.net just waiting to goad anyone with a different point of view into an argument and then report that individual for no reason at all. Unfortunately, some mods also appear to be happy to let that happen. I was amazed more than a few times when certain intelligent and contributing members of mp.net were banned and I was unable to find any reason at all from their posting history.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:28 pm

Acheron wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

I don't think he is a paid troll, but someone who is extremely biased working hard to appear as neutral and authoritative as possible. I still remember how he vehemently defended the Libyan "scenario" by making it sound as if post-"revolution" Libyans were now living in the land of milk and honey even though most people could see his BS for what it was.
    Also, his gloating and "predictions" about Ukies steamrolling the DNR/LNR after the latter retreat from Slavyansk quickly gave way to very perceptible butthurt when the truth of the matter became too obvious to ignore.

Don't get me wrong, I actually think that there are plenty of NATO stronk trolls on mp.net just waiting to goad anyone with a different point of view into an argument and then report that individual for no reason at all. Unfortunately, some mods also appear to be happy to let that happen. I was amazed more than a few times when certain intelligent and contributing members of mp.net were banned and I was unable to find any reason at all from their posting history.

What gives me that idea was the fact that during the Libyan war, he had pointers that would be ID'ed directly on "Party Line" from the French and UK. Tip-top same lines, same claims.

The way he criticized Libya during Ghadaffi was utterly moronic since he would square the country, like a "Westerner would". Furthermore, the pointers would all push towards a "revolution" while we knew (and it was proved later) that the French and Qatar had been in contact with the Libyan NCT with people on the ground since at least february. And FAC since at least May (if not sooner). It was parroting. I said then that Libya was about to descend in Hell. I knew it, people were telling me about it. In september I was in Malta to arrange a couple of Visas for Libyans that wanted to flee. What they described was this, Libya was done as a country. Even if by some miracle, the Ghadaffi regime won, the country was in chaos.

So when people talk about Syria in the way kalerab talks, I can't think at anything else but press briefing from X or Y MFA.

But you're right in a sense. He doesn't need to get paid.

OTT yeah Ukraine would close the border scenario. I remember full well when in 11 july the DNR issued the Zelenopillya/Zelenopolje pictures, much butthurt was felt accross the board.
    whir

Post  whir Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Acheron wrote:I don't think he is a paid troll, but someone who is extremely biased working hard to appear as neutral and authoritative as possible. I still remember how he vehemently defended the Libyan "scenario" by making it sound as if post-"revolution" Libyans were now living in the land of milk and honey even though most people could see his BS for what it was.
    This doesn't mean that he is on payroll but around a month after the Lybian NFZ ended, with the thread virtually dead, a poster linked an article from MSM that claimed the death toll was much smaller than previously reported just to receive a patronising answer of the type "deal with it". Since he didn't except a lengthy level headed answer questioning his contribution to the thread using his own MSM sources so he run his mouth talking about his relation with certain mod while making not so veiled threats about banning him and claiming, by his own words, to have worked for RFE in the past among other things. It ended with a few pages deleted and the banning of the other poster that was even ridiculed by a mod after it.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

Acheron wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

I thought that as well.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:06 am

Very Happy Yep.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:20 am

whir wrote:
    Acheron wrote:I don't think he is a paid troll, but someone who is extremely biased working hard to appear as neutral and authoritative as possible. I still remember how he vehemently defended the Libyan "scenario" by making it sound as if post-"revolution" Libyans were now living in the land of milk and honey even though most people could see his BS for what it was.
    This doesn't mean that he is on payroll but around a month after the Lybian NFZ ended, with the thread virtually dead, a poster linked an article from MSM that claimed the death toll was much smaller than previously reported just to receive a patronising answer of the type "deal with it". Since he didn't except a lengthy level headed answer questioning his contribution to the thread using his own MSM sources so he run his mouth talking about his relation with certain mod while making not so veiled threats about banning him and claiming, by his own words, to have worked for RFE in the past among other things. It ended with a few pages deleted and the banning of the other poster  that was even ridiculed by a mod after it.

That poster, was I as well as first glance analysis of NATO sorties vs claimed kills and Conflict victims. I was handed 3 months of purgatory.

In all there were over 20000 NATO sorties, about 40% airstrikes and CAS mission, Admitting about 3 KIA per sortie that would put the death toll (about 20K people) around 30K so:

1. NATO sorties would have killed more people than tallied.
    2. More people were dead and uncounted.
    3. NATO had killed MORE Libyans than Ghadaffi.

And indeed he said that it was all said and done, and I should deal with it with a smirk. That's a sociopath's answer to tragedy.

Nice freaking memory there mister.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am