Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+98
Cheetah
miketheterrible
A1RMAN
kopyo-21
pushkin
Viktor
OminousSpudd
eridan
Pincus Shain
ahmedfire
User 1592
HM1199
DerWolf
Singular_trafo
KiloGolf
auslander
william.boutros
Luq man
mack8
hoom
Rmf
Genjurooo
SeigSoloyvov
Redboy
tanino
Project Canada
triphosgene
KoTeMoRe
jaguar_br
Zivo
BKP
AK-Rex
Neutrality
Big_Gazza
artjomh
Sunbeam
Firebird
Vann7
Akula971
Isos
zg18
RTN
ult
Kimppis
x_54_u43
vultur
Hachimoto
TheArmenian
Berkut
JohninMK
marcellogo
Austin
Glyph
Mindstorm
VladimirSahin
GJ Flanker
mutantsushi
Pinto
havok
Mike E
kvs
par far
Cyrus the great
PapaDragon
chicken
max steel
Captain Nemo
Notio
franco
nemrod
magnumcromagnon
Cyberspec
Manov
2SPOOKY4U
Kyo
Morpheus Eberhardt
zepia
medo
Book.
GunshipDemocracy
Svyatoslavich
Flanky
wilhelm
Ranxerox71
collegeboy16
higurashihougi
George1
EKS
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
Werewolf
victor1985
jhelb
flamming_python
GarryB
sepheronx
Alex555
type055
102 posters

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3

sepheronx
    sepheronx

PAK-FA, T-50: News #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: PAK-FA, T-50: News #3

Post  sepheronx Sun May 24, 2015 11:38 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:N036 is technically an AESA variant of Irbis-e (that being a hybrid in itself).  With news that Rostec with their subsiduary KRET will be releasing photon based AESA radar tech by 2020, they could effectively sell the N036 to India at no worries, as by the time FGFA and PAK FA are released in numbers, the AESA tech using Photons will be in testing/service mode and can be used on PAK FA, while FGFA will be N036 itself (maybe a modification of it).

To be clear it still use's radar, the photonic aspect is the actual components signal processing capability, which would replace the electronic components using electrons in the signal processing dept.

Yes, I know. I am just saying they would be using a different type of AESA radar at this point, of newer capabilities beyond current.
    Austin

Post  Austin Mon May 25, 2015 12:36 pm

New Robotic Russian T-50 Fighter Jet Fit for Star Wars

Russia's new fifth-generation T-50 fighter jet, currently in the testing phase, incorporates elements of automation which make it more like a robot than a fighter plane, explains a representative from the Rostech corporation.

The Sukhoi PAK FA fighter jet, also known as T-50, is ready to go into production next year, and boasts innovative technology which renders the pilot one part of the plane's whole control system.

"The PAK FA is already to some degree a flying robot, where the aviator fulfils the function not only of pilot, but is actually one of the constituent parts of the flying apparatus," explained deputy head of the Concern Radioelectronic Technologies [KRET] unit of Rostech, Vladimir Mikheyev. "That is, the reaction of the aviator is a part of the control loop."

Mikheyev explains that "smart paneling" is another of the jet's smart features. "If we take the wingtip, from one perspective it functions as a wing, but from another it's also a part of the Himalaya active defense system."

In October KRET stated it had delivered the first batch of Himalayas for the aircraft, which were developed by a KRET subsidiary in Kaluga and constructed at the Stavropol Radioplant Signal.

"The unique system of active and passive radars and optical rangefinders is integrated into the aircraft body and acts as a 'smart skin'. Its use not only enhances the aircraft’s protection against jamming and its survivability, but also counters, to a great extent, the effects of low-observability [stealth] technology of enemy aircraft," explained KRET.

In January KRET lifted the lid on a number of the T-50's stealth capabilities, announcing that "the aircraft company Sukhoi managed to greatly reduce the effective surface scattering of the PAK FA, which is the basic element for visibility on aircraft radars."

"In order to achieve this level of stealth, designers moved all weapons to the inside of the plane and also changed the shape of the air intake channel, also lining its walls with a material that absorbs radio waves."

"Thanks to these new design solutions, the T-50 is now ahead of not only all other fighters of the Russian Army, but also foreign models. For example, the visibility of the American fifth-generation F-22 fighter is 0.3-0.4 square meters," said KRET, while the value of this indicator for the T-50 fighter is between 0.1 and 1 square meters.

"The T-50 is the first Russian combat aircraft made from a high proportion of composite materials, making up 25% of the mass of the aircraft and covering 70% of its surface," explained KRET.

The T-50 is set to replace the Sukhoi Su-27 fourth generation fighter jet, known also by its NATO name Flanker B, which entered service with the Soviet Air Forces in 1985, and the Mig-29, known by NATO as Fulcrum which entered service in 1983.

Work on the conception of fifth generation fighter jets began in the late 1980s in the USA and USSR; though there is no universally agreed set of features for the title of fifth-generation fighter jet, many hold that the only combat-ready fifth-generation fighter is the US Air Force's Lockheed F-22 Raptor, introduced in 2005.

In December Russia's United Aircraft Corporation announced that production of the fighter is ready to begin in 2016, following the completion of the testing phase. According to spokesman Vladislav Goncharenko, 55 PAK FA jets will be delivered to the Russian Air Force by 2020.
    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150525/1022530075.html#ixzz3b9W5Zotg
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon May 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Austin wrote:New Robotic Russian T-50 Fighter Jet Fit for Star Wars
    Russia's new fifth-generation T-50 fighter jet, currently in the testing phase, incorporates elements of automation which make it more like a robot than a fighter plane, explains a representative from the Rostech corporation.

Some time ago there was an announcement that the 20ton combat to be based on T-50. In light of quoted press release this option seem to be even more interesting.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Mon May 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Elbrus 8c + new softcode

it make the differ
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue May 26, 2015 1:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3MiSoqcmA

Interesting video about PAK FA and I hope it is not repost. For me was the most interesting the new helmet for pilot and helmet mounted display in it. In the video, it was tested with video picture of the environment. Maybe this indicate, that PAK FA will be equip with similar complex as EODAS in F-35.

I wonder if operational Su-35 pilots also use this new helmet with HMD or the old ones.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed May 27, 2015 8:07 am

I wonder if operational Su-35 pilots also use this new helmet with HMD or the old ones.

There are similar helmets being developed for Hokum and Havoc pilots and I hope also for Frogfoot pilots and their replacements.

I suspect armata crews and Kurganets and Boomerang and Typhoon crews will also get such technology too.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu May 28, 2015 10:33 am

Air Force Commander: state tests of PAK-FA are in final stage
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu May 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Would love to see the pics Very Happy

2015Serial deliveries of the PAK FA will begin in 2017

Russian fifth generation fighter aircraft, known as the PAK FA, will go into service in 2016, serial deliveries will begin in 2017 year, according to TASS quoted the Commander of the Russian Air Force Viktor Bondarev

"The test aircraft are in full swing, the plane shows excellent performance. - It works great as a weapons system on the ground and in the air - said Bondarev. - The aircraft is on the program of stealth, almost imperceptibly. In the plane I found all the most modern there is in today. In addition, if there is a new design, there are also introduced. "
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri May 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Apparently now the Russian Airforce top general.. is saying that they will buy Pak-FA
    in the hundreds and thousands.. no longer will limit it to 12 as originally they adjusted it until
    2020..   Question

Russia has finally decided to go forward with the acquisition of many Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA starting in 2017.

Russian Air Force Commander Colonel General Viktor Bondarev confirmed on Thursday that Russia will buy as many T-50 PAK FA as the industry can deliver.

Last March, Russia dramatically decreased its T-50 PAK FA order due “to major economic setback—mostly due to Western sanctions and the fall of the Ruble.” However, the Defense Ministry reserved the right to readjust the order of the Sukhoi PAK FA if deemed necessary.

“The aircraft will enter mass production in 2017. We will order as many [fighter jets] as the industry can provide ,” Bondarev told reporters. The testing of the aircraft is in full swing, it shows excellent performance and its weapons system works great both on the land and in the air.”

http://thesentinel.ca/russia-will-finally-buy-many-t-50-pak-fa/

That should put an end to the NeoTrolls at RT that Pak-fa was a failure and that the program stalled ,that it didn't work and India didn't wanted them..   Suspect    Wink

For the record.. Russia airforce told in 2010 they will be building at least a Thousand of Pak_fa
    planes.. Now what they say they will be building as many the company can produce ,and apparently no longer they will have a limit.. They for sure will cut budget somewhere else to
    Manage the big shopping .  

If i were in charge of the military budget , i will cut and decommission about half of the soviets
    ,sitting ducks large warships and also their Kirov class too.. and start building Leader project instead.Since Russia never fight outside its borders , they have no need to project any power far away of Russia. Having thousands of sailors in a single warship ,that can be sent to the button of the sea with just one torpedo ,is something i consider bad strategy..  Instead Russia should focus in a smaller but more powerful navy with smaller warships to defend Russia.  

Gremyashchy-class corvettes with Short range S-400s and Gorshkov-class frigate should form
    the backbone of Russia surface navy ,and operate them with the smallest crew possible and decommission vast majority of all those soviet combat warships.

Submarines is the other hand build as many as they can.. but with the smallest crew possible.

for projection they can start building now.. not in 2020 a couple of leaders destroyers with S-500s will be useful to extend the Anti ballistic defense of Russia territory beyond Russia territory.. One for the caspian sea.. another for the pacific  will be enough.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri May 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Vann7 wrote: Russia has finally decided to go forward with the acquisition of many Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA starting in 2017.

Russian Air Force Commander Colonel General Viktor Bondarev confirmed on Thursday that Russia will buy as many T-50 PAK FA as the industry can deliver.

Last March, Russia dramatically decreased its T-50 PAK FA order due “to major economic setback—mostly due to Western sanctions and the fall of the Ruble.” However, the Defense Ministry reserved the right to readjust the order of the Sukhoi PAK FA if deemed necessary.

“The aircraft will enter mass production in 2017. We will order as many [fighter jets] as the industry can provide ,” Bondarev told reporters. The testing of the aircraft is in full swing, it shows excellent performance and its weapons system works great both on the land and in the air.”

http://thesentinel.ca/russia-will-finally-buy-many-t-50-pak-fa/

For the record.. Russia airforce told in 2010 they will be building at least a Thousand of Pak_fa
    planes.. Now what they say they will be building as many the company can produce ,and apparently no longer they will have a limit.. They for sure will cut budget somewhere else to
    Manage the big shopping .  

i guess uncle Pu knows lotsa things we do not - like USD collapse ? Thus timing and size of many purchases seems o be limited only by industry capacity.

Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Fri May 29, 2015 8:20 pm

So I take it that the testing is going well or even better than expected then.
    type055

Post  type055 Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm

I find on wiki about izdeliye 30

“evelopment began in 2011 and the engine is planned to be bench tested starting in 2014.[86] Flight testing of the engine on the T-50 is projected to begin in 2017”

is that correct? on bench tested stage? any news about how are things going?

anyone have T50's weapons bay pics ? thanks
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

type055 wrote:

I find on wiki about izdeliye 30

“evelopment began in 2011 and the engine is planned to be bench tested starting in 2014.[86] Flight testing of the engine on the T-50 is projected to begin in 2017”

is that correct? on bench tested stage? any news about  how are things going?

anyone have T50's weapons bay pics ? thanks

Not much info other than "it is coming along" and we may see it late this year or next year.

Internal weapons bays can be found on google but I believe they are models simply. Pretty much, similar internal weapons bays on the Su-47 Berkut.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat May 30, 2015 10:31 am

I don't believe the suggestion that there will be thousands of PAK FAs any more than I believe there will be 12.

Very simply they need rather more than 12 but don't really need thousands either... at most they could probably use 300-500, but that is at most and probably by 2030.

Personally I think a lighter stealth fighter should be designed and built by MiG... its priorities should be low cost and high payload when in nonstealthy roles... ie bomb truck when the enemy IADS is defeated, and in full stealth mode it should carry a large number of small very capable AAMs and light ASMs for dealing with enemy radar and SAMs...

In which case I think 200-300 PAK FAs and 300-400 light 5th gen fighters to gradually replace non stealthy legasy fighters like Fulcrums and Flankers.
    zepia
    zepia

Post  zepia Sat May 30, 2015 11:26 am

The number of thousands t-50 has been stated couple years ago. And it is combined of domestic and foreign production number. IIRC it is 400 for Russia, 400 for india and 200 for orther market.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat May 30, 2015 11:38 am

zepia wrote:The number of thousands t-50 has been stated couple years ago. And it is combined of domestic and foreign production number. IIRC it is 400 for Russia, 400 for india and 200 for orther market.

i think Russia will get no more than 250-300. Also for F-22 in USA had been stated that it would be produced in number of thousand but numbers were reduced of course because of cost
    zepia
    zepia

Post  zepia Sat May 30, 2015 12:16 pm

George1 wrote:
    zepia wrote:The number of thousands t-50 has been stated couple years ago. And it is combined of domestic and foreign production number. IIRC it is 400 for Russia, 400 for india and 200 for orther market.

i think Russia will get no more than 250-300. Also for F-22 in USA had been stated that it would be produced in number of thousand but numbers were reduced of course because of cost

Finally found it. http://m.in.rbth.com/articles/2011/09/07/russian_experts_upbeat_about_export_prospects_for_the_pak_fa_12953.html

Look like memory don't serve me well. It's 200-250 for each india and Russia, the rest for others.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat May 30, 2015 12:30 pm

GarryB wrote:I don't believe the suggestion that there will be thousands of PAK FAs any more than I believe there will be 12.

Very simply they need rather more than 12 but don't really need thousands either... at most they could probably use 300-500, but that is at most and probably by 2030.

Personally I think a lighter stealth fighter should be designed and built by MiG... its priorities should be low cost and high payload when in nonstealthy roles... ie bomb truck when the enemy IADS is defeated, and in full stealth mode it should carry a large number of small very capable AAMs and light ASMs for dealing with enemy radar and SAMs...

In which case I think 200-300 PAK FAs and 300-400 light 5th gen fighters to gradually replace non stealthy legasy fighters like Fulcrums and Flankers.

Including Navy? because navalized version? PAK FA is to be carrier based AFAIK. So 100-150 add here.
    Normal take off is 300-400m with ski-jump is a good candidate.

And how to qualify heavy drones based on PAK FA?

Thus PAK FA number can reach 1000 in reality Smile

I am not sure about light stealth fighter projects planned soon in Russia but you forgot about Su-34 (strike non stelathy roles) and heavy interceptors (MiG 31/41)
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat May 30, 2015 6:50 pm

There was someone apparently a Russian citizen.. claiming in a military article that
    Russia was working in another stealth plane.. called.. Pak-SHA ,that it was going
    to be an close air ground support plane to replace the Su-25... anyone heard about it?

can't find anything on google.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun May 31, 2015 4:00 am

Also for F-22 in USA had been stated that it would be produced in number of thousand but numbers were reduced of course because of cost

Initial costs always include a really big number of aircraft produced as that reduces the cost of individual aircraft so you can win the contract.

Once you have the production contract however to save money the numbers produced are reduced to save actual money.

Including Navy? because navalized version? PAK FA is to be carrier based AFAIK. So 100-150 add here.

I doubt they will start with 100 naval PAK FAs... more like a max of 48 or so...

I am not sure about light stealth fighter projects planned soon in Russia but you forgot about Su-34 (strike non stelathy roles) and heavy interceptors (MiG 31/41)

No I didn't forget about those aircraft and their replacements... that is why I don't think they would make 1,000 PAK FAs... they simply don't need that many... just like they wont make 1,000 Su-35s for the Russian AF... the RuAF doesn't need that many either.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun May 31, 2015 5:03 am

Vann7 wrote:

There was someone apparently a Russian citizen.. claiming in a military article that
    Russia was working in another stealth plane.. called.. Pak-SHA   ,that it was going
    to be an close air ground support plane to replace the Su-25...  anyone heard about it?

Maybe that's a reference to Sh-90.

Arrow Sh-90
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 31, 2015 10:00 am

GarryB wrote:
    Also for F-22 in USA had been stated that it would be produced in number of thousand but numbers were reduced of course because of cost

Initial costs always include a really big number of aircraft produced as that reduces the cost of individual aircraft so you can win the contract. Once you have the production contract however to save money the numbers produced are reduced to save actual money.

Till some level that even economy of scale does nto work

GarryB wrote:

I doubt they will start with 100 naval PAK FAs... more like a max of 48 or so...

True but depending of number of ACs - if one tak es ~50 PAK FAs... and say 3 of them procured?

GarryB wrote:

No I didn't forget about those aircraft and their replacements... that is why I don't think they would make 1,000 PAK FAs... they simply don't need that many... just like they wont make 1,000 Su-35s for the Russian AF... the RuAF doesn't need that many either.
    [/quote]

Tiny detail - I mentioned about PAK FA based heavy compact drones 20ton class. With current US containment policy repelling Western aggression might be priority especially drones do not require highly trained pilots.

jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sun May 31, 2015 5:15 pm

Vann7 wrote:

Russia was working in another stealth plane.. called.. Pak-SHA   ,that it was going
    to be an close air ground support plane to replace the Su-25...  anyone heard about it?

PAK-SHA is going to replace Su 25. So basically it is going to be a CAS aircraft. Am not sure whether it will be stealthy or not. Generally speaking, stealth is of little use in a CAS role.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun May 31, 2015 5:59 pm

jhelb wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

PAK-SHA  is going to replace Su 25. So basically it is going to be a CAS aircraft. Am not sure whether it will be stealthy or not. Generally speaking, stealth is of little use in a CAS role.

It depends what kind of 'stealth' people want. Eliminating all external pylons for CAS aircraft is a terrible idea, but reducing the IR signature from the CAS aircraft's exhaust fumes is actually very practical and beneficial.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 31, 2015 6:12 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    jhelb wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

PAK-SHA  is going to replace Su 25. So basically it is going to be a CAS aircraft. Am not sure whether it will be stealthy or not. Generally speaking, stealth is of little use in a CAS role.

It depends what kind of 'stealth' people want. Eliminating all external pylons for CAS aircraft is a terrible idea, but reducing the IR signature from the CAS aircraft's exhaust fumes is actually very practical and beneficial.

I would presume EW in this case is also nice but what about missiles with optical homing? IMHO better is make is pretty well armored to be able toc sustain many hits and still safely return to base. Probably that´s why Su-39, as i heard, will be basis for nw attack plane.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:50 am