Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
ali.a.r
Zivo
calripson
Sujoy
Russian Patriot
collegeboy16
Airbornewolf
TheArmenian
mutantsushi
As Sa'iqa
Werewolf
Admin
russianumber1
magnumcromagnon
mack8
medo
Pyrrus
navyfield
Cyberspec
zino
Hannibal Barca
etaepsilonk
George1
Viktor
KomissarBojanchev
AlfaT8
Firebird
Austin
Regular
sepheronx
d_taddei2
zg18
TR1
macedonian
flamming_python
GarryB
TheRealist
41 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

Post  flamming_python Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:16 pm

macedonian wrote:
    etaepsilonk wrote:
    Currently, there's no anti-Maidan opposition in Ukraine, apart some spontaneous demonstrations.
    So, Russia can't support anyone, even if they want to.

That's exactly what I find strange.
    With such a big number of ethnic Russians - there's NO anti-Maidan movement. None.
    Hard to believe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is and it's growing, all over vkontakte.ru, forums, etc...
    I've been following this stuff; information goes viral all the time all around these resources - names and time of anti-Maidan meetings, phone-numbers of local battalion organisers, videos about Maidan and all sorts of incidents, etc...

https://vk.com/antirevol
    https://vk.com/antimaydan
    https://vk.com/anti_maydan

anti-Maidan twitter feed: https://twitter.com/anti_maydan

Sevastopol city political forum (hotbed of news & activism; this city has come under complete self-control and organisation)
    http://forum.sevastopol.info

Regular wrote:What a disgrace! Where are real russians?! FFS Islamic nuts are pushing MAJORITY into submission.
    It would not be tragedy if someone will throw pipebomb filled with nails into their crowd. It's not EuroMaidan anymore, it starting to look like pogrom.

They're not pushing anyone into submission. Now the Sevastopol administration has been taken over by armed Sevastopol Berkut fighters (by some sources) - let's see them push their way in now

Actually delegations from both Tatarstan and Turkey visited Crimean Tatar representatives today - their message was pretty much to just calm down and not let yourself get goaded into conflicts with your neighbours.
    Kadyrov also said he'll come, I don't know if he did or didn't in the end but his message was pretty much the same, and in addition he offered Chechens in the role of peacekeepers for the region.
    http://www.interfax.ru/world/news/361358

In fact Turkey actually earlier rather sharply declared the whole campaign of EU interference in the Ukraine as fanning the flames of a civil war, and as a provocation against Russia. Predictably it wasn't reported by the Western press much if at all
    http://www.regnum.ru/news/1770825.html

There weren't as many Tatars in that confrontation as has been reported. They are part of the Medzhilis organisation which according to a leaked email courtesy of an anonymous hack - is in cohorts with the Ukrainian 'Pravyj Sektor' organisation.
    http://ruskline.ru/opp/2014/02/26/v_krymu_gotovyat_bojnyu_vzlomana_perepiska_trizuba_im_stepana_bandery_s_krymskotatarskim_medzhlisom/

Here are some funny looking Tatars among the crowd  pirat 
    According to Russians on the other side, the Ukrainian nationalists were directing and organising the Tatar crowd

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 26 17240210
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 26 10133212

Needless to say, Tatar opinions are divided. That organisation is a highly influential one, perhaps the most influential, that's capable of mobilising large numbers; but also an extreme one that counts Islamists among its main members (adherents of the banned Hizb-ut-Tahrir organisation).

All the discussion among Crimean Russians that I've seen have all been directed towards the need for talks with the Crimean Tatars, and attempting to get them on their side - no-one wants a war.
    After the latest events in Simferopol though, the mood is more like 'to hell with what they think anyway'

However many other Tatars are against the Euromaidan movement and are siding with the local Russians
    http://www.islamnews.ru/news-144534.html

The historic Crimean Tatar diaspora in Turkey meanwhile, is pressing Turkey to step in in the role of a peacekeeper
    http://15minut.org/article/turciju-prizvali-obespechit-bezopasnost-krymskih-tatar-video-2014-02-27-16-45-53

As for Tatars in Russia; they are a separate people altogether and most of them just don't give a toss. Maybe among some nationalist or separatist groups there will be some support for anti-Russian Crimean Tatars; but these are marginal elements anyway

I'll be making more posts on the fast developing situation in the Ukraine later, so stay tuned folks!

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    etaepsilonk

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

Post  etaepsilonk Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Excellent information, thanks  respekt 
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:32 pm

etaepsilonk wrote:That's some crazy stuff happening  Neutral 
    http://4vlada.com/rivne/33505

Oh it does get better

Attacks on vehicles in Cherkassk. A week and a half or so ago, 3 buses of anti-Maidan activists from the Crimea and other regions were stopped and torched. Their inhabitants were thrown out of the vehicles first, and then beaten - according to one account there were 1-2 deaths too.
    I think some Berkut fighters got attacked the same way in those parts; memory is sketchy

The latest mob-violence/witch-hunt/whatever in Kiev

Oh and as a bonus - Klichko speaks with the dead  lol! 
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:19 am

Great stuff FP.
    Will be waiting for more.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:21 am

wow, so apparently Russia having exercises in their own country somehow warrants Russia being a cry baby (according to retards on mp.net) yet it is a different story when US has war games in Lithuania, Estonia and the like.

What a bunch of losers.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:33 am

Seriously, why do you read mp.net?

The place is a joke, and the best part is they don't get how closeminded they are.

BTW, FP, nice argument with those dumb Poles in the Yak-130 thread. Was laughing my ass off @ their arguments, especially using the PAK-FA- which is anything IS the argument that Russia is damn ahead of Europe when it comes to actually making combat birds.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:11 am

TR1 wrote:Seriously, why do you read mp.net?

The place is a joke, and the best part is they don't get how closeminded they are.

BTW, FP, nice argument with those dumb Poles in the Yak-130 thread. Was laughing my ass off @ their arguments, especially using the PAK-FA- which is anything IS the argument that Russia is damn ahead of Europe when it comes to actually making combat birds.

...Russia is also decades ahead of Europe in rocket technology.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:15 am

Yeah, his arguments on Yak-130 were great.  Of course they will not acknowledge it though, seeing as how their government has no choice but to choose something that is good, but cannot from Russia.

I didn't see about PAK FA comments though.  What was that about?

Edit: NVM, read it. I see that after he was proven wrong, he went on to say "take the reports witha grain of salt" because of a corruption perception index. What a tool. I got the perception that Poland is a corrupt country full of idiots. Doesn't make it true. Wonder if people even realise the word perception at all?

Last edited by sepheronx on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:28 am

That guy used that laughable Indian AF "source" article as proof that Russia was having serious issues.

In other words he tripped flat into a steaming pile of shit, hard.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:49 am

TR1 wrote:That guy used that laughable Indian AF "source" article as proof that Russia was having serious issues.

In other words he tripped flat into a steaming pile of shit, hard.

Like Python asked him, find another article from a reliable non blog post source, and sure enough, nothing.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:44 am

You should stop posting on mp.net
    No matter how much you defend Russia in mp.net, every post you make there is a contribution to that anti-Russia forum.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 am

TheArmenian wrote:You should stop posting on mp.net
    No matter how much you defend Russia in mp.net, every post you make there is a contribution to that anti-Russia forum.

I second that.
    I stopped ever since I was banned for...get this: Too much anti-Americanism!
    Based on the fact that I am a supporter of international law. But seems only fan boys allowed, rational thinking individuals need not apply...

Laughing 

But since the are ghettoizing themselves, who am I to mess with their policy.
    If enough members stopped posting there, that forum will become irrelevant.
    And rightly so.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:35 am

On topic:

Crimea airport in Ukraine blocked by Russian army, Ukraine says

I really didn't see this coming.
    Hope it doesn't come back to bite.

Arsen Avakov said in a Facebook post that the Belbek international airport in Sevastopol is blocked by military units of the Russian navy. Avakov called the blockade "military invasion and occupation."

Things are quickly escalating.
    I'm not sure that Russian policy is moving in the right direction too...hope it is a well thought-out scenario they're playing (people that train judo wouldn't act all emotional, would they???)

dunno 
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:47 am

sepheronx wrote:Yeah, his arguments on Yak-130 were great.  Of course they will not acknowledge it though, seeing as how their government has no choice but to choose something that is good, but cannot from Russia.

I didn't see about PAK FA comments though.  What was that about?

Edit: NVM, read it.  I see that after he was proven wrong, he went on to say "take the reports witha  grain of salt" because of a corruption perception index.  What a tool.  I got the perception that Poland is a corrupt country full of idiots.  Doesn't make it true.  Wonder if people even realise the word perception at all?

Always happy to meet a fan Smile
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:00 am

flamming_python wrote:Always happy to meet a fan Smile

You use that line quite a lot, don't you  Laughing 
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:06 am

sinodefenceforum is same closes minded nonsense with absurd policies of what you have to post or not, for example they have a thread about Syrian conflict but dare to speak about politics as long this politics mentioning involvement of USA and support of terrorists. You are only allowed to say russia supplies a mass murder (no restrictions there), you can insult muslim world (no problem) you can make everything but dare to speak about expanding american bases into middle east or israel for that kind of policy and you get drouble with every mod and admin, just a "sino" forum filled with westerners.

Was a waste of my time.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 am

Macedonian is right. Might as well just use it as a news feed source and keep it at that. Outside of that, the site is garbage with full of hate.

I think we should work with vlad in making this site more accessible.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:40 am

Flight of the Berkut

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 26 Golden10

Early in the morning of 24th of February, 35 Berkut commandos from the Kiev Berkut regiment defected from their unit and took a minibus on an unspecified course out of Kiev. Not before, however, forcing open the armoury and taking an entire arsenal with them:
    35 Kalashnikov assault rifles
    40 Pistols
    Thousands of rounds
    Unspecified number of rifles, knives, bulletproof vests, grenades and special equipment

http://kp.ua/daily/260214/440796/
    Comfortably enough to equip a company of partisans

The following day, the new authorities in Kiev officially disbanded Berkut as a force throughout the entire country, in accordance with a law proposed by the Svoboda faction in parliament on the 23rd of February.
    http://www.dni.ru/polit/2014/2/26/267465.html

The Sevastopol Berkut regiment, now subordinated to the new Sevastopol authorities (who aren't recognizing the new government in Kiev) - predictably refused to carry out this new directive and disband
    http://rt.com/news/ukraine-disband-special-berkut-867/
    In fact the new Sevastopol administration has even published a call for Berkut all over the Ukraine to come to them, where they can be given flats for them and their families, and join the local police forces.

This might be especially tempting for many now former Berkut operatives, in the face of recent incidents; where returning Berkut members were forced onto their knees to ask for forgiveness, or forced through a corridor of shame upon returning to their home provinces like Lvov, Cherkassk, etc...
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/83527/ukraine-s-police-get-on-their-knees-and-beg-angry-protesters-for-forgiveness

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 26 Ber10

As is by now well known, 2 days ago the Crimean parliament building in Simferopol was seized.
    The people who seized it were Berkut fighters, subordinated to the Sevastopol Berkut regiment
    http://www.novayagazeta.ru/news/319399.html

Yesterday, a large number Crimean Berkut fighters (ostensibly now having subordinated themselves to the Simferopol Berkut regiment, or having refused to disband themselves) have blocked the pass to the Crimea from mainland Ukraine; in order to discourage any attempt by the Ukrainian military or extremist organisations at getting in. Among the weapons at their disposal are machine-guns &  grenade launchers.
    http://www.rosbalt.ru/ukraina/2014/02/27/1238513.html
    http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/report-crimean-berkut-police-on-perekopsky-isthmus-to-prevent-armed-invasion-337859.html

As for the 35 Berkut fighters who escaped from Kiev; no-one knows where they are still, or what their plans are.
    Only 1 message has turned up - straight from one of the fighters themselves, posted on the Ukrainian police forums 3 days ago:
    http://police-ua.com/showthread.php?t=13785&page=451           Top-most post

"And so comrades. Now I've been declared an 'enemy of the state'. But an arrest hasn't been possible, just like it hasn't been possible to find the databases on the PC, including by the dumb Maidanites. I'll let you in on a secret; the databases left together with me.... a special greeting to the UVB GUMVS* of Kiev city.... fags shit yourselves..... you wanted to curry favour? Fuck you in the ass! Pass on the greetings to my relatives... because carrying out revenge, I will, on the traitors to their graves. He who knows will understand.... to the Berkut who left today**, I will remind you of my callsign - first letters F E. Call me up brothers... I ask forgiveness from the bosses for the broken-into armoury.... Forgive me, but there was no other way.........."

* = Police internal investigation unit
    ** = Post is dated the same day as Berkut was officially disbanded

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 am; edited 3 times in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:41 am

macedonian wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Always happy to meet a fan Smile

You use that line quite a lot, don't you  Laughing 

Yes I have many fans, and oh so little time  Cool
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:48 am

flamming_python wrote:Flight of the Berkut

"And so comrades. Now I've been declared an 'enemy of the state'. But an arrest hasn't been possible, just like it hasn't been possible to find the databases on the PC, including by the dumb Maidanites. I'll let you in on a secret; the databases left together with me.... a special greeting to the UVB GUMVS* of Kiev city.... fags shit yourselves..... you wanted to curry favour? Fuck you in the ass! Pass on the greetings to my relatives... because carrying out revenge, I will, on the traitors to their graves. He who knows will understand.... to the Berkut who left today**, I will remind you of my callsign - first letters F E. Call me up brothers... I ask forgiveness from the bosses for the broken-into armoury.... Forgive me, but there was no other way.........."

Aaghh.
    So the plot thickens.
    Don't know what to expect from these guys, but I'm sure there are people shi*ing their pants because of them (provided this is all true...'cause it sounds kinda like something that came out of a fiction book).
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 am

Found this interesting comment on the Ukrainska Pravda site:

UP wrote:WARNING! Russian FSB special operation to prepare the dismemberment of Ukraine. So on Saturday, March 1 at 12 pm, recruited extras for meetings with Russian flags. Even Russia is beginning to deliver "tourists." Provocateurs plan to capture regional administrations South-East regions and the Russian flag hanging on the buildings of the government, not recognizing the Kiev government, electing pro-governor and Announcements Yanukovych legitimate president. That the Russian special services in South-East realizing tomorrow "Crimean scenario" seizure of power. Then Yanukovych must move to south-east on a white horse as "president" of Ukraine. Here's a special operation. Therefore, all residents of South-East, yevromaydanivtsi, come tomorrow morning to regional administrations and not allow them to storm the regional administration
    Google translated, here's the original:

UP wrote:УВАГА! Російське фсб готує спецоперацію по розчленуванню України. Так в суботу 1 березня на 12 годину дня , рекрутуються масовки на мітинги з російським прапорами. Вже Росія починає завозити «туристів». Провокатори планують захоплення обладміністрацій юго-восточних областей та вивішування російських прапорів на будинках органів влади, не визнання київської влади, обрання проросійського губернатора, та оголошення януковичем легітимного президента. Тобто російські спецслужби в юго-востоке реалізують завтра «кримський сценарій» захоплення влади. Після цього янукович в’їде в юго-восток на білому коні як «президент» України. От така спецоперація. Тому, всі жителі юго-востока, євромайданівці, прийдіть завтра зранку до обладміністрацій і не дайте їм взяти штурмом обладміністрації

Don't know if true, but Maidanists seem to be organizing.

Link: http://www.pravda.com.ua
    (7th comment from the top)

----------------------------------------------
    Edit:

Over 80 combat helicopters redeployed in drills in Russia's Western Military District
    ITAR-TASS wrote:The crews will participate in search and rescue operations in the designated areas. In the training, pilots will also search for and destroy "enemy" forces and armoured objects on unfamiliar grounds

ITAR-TASS

----------------------------------------------
    Yet another edit:

Anonymous operations expose Ukrainian Bandera nazis

VoR wrote:The Hacktivist Group Anonymous Ukraine has been able to hack the e-mail accounts of the Udar Party as well as the electronic correspondence of the deputy head of the Ukrainian nationalist party, The Stepan Bandera Trident, one Andrey Tarasenko.

VoR wrote:“From you we only need you to identify the coordinates of the caches in Simferopol, Sevastopol, Kerch, Feodosia and Yalta and the times we are to meet.”

This is an important sentence because it shows the compartmentalized nature of the command structure and the cells. Obviously the members are well-trained and judging by their infiltration of the security services and their ties to foreign intelligence and financial sources, as well as public meetings with US officials and intercepted communications there again appears to be the hand of CIA planners at work, however US/NATO/CIA have been extremely careful in covering their tracks, choosing to use German, Turkish and other intermediaries to control their agents in Ukraine.

Voice of Russia
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Apparently Yanuk was escorted to Russia by fighter jets.

Yanukovych Escorted to Russia By Fighter Jets – Report

RIA wrote:MOSCOW, February 28 (RIA Novosti) – Deposed Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych landed at a military airport in southern Russia late on Thursday escorted by fighter jets, a local news agency has reported.

Yanukovych, whose whereabouts have since his ouster been subject of feverish speculation, is scheduled to hold a news conference in the southwestern Russian city of Rostov-on-Don at 5 p.m. local time (1100 GMT) on Friday.

“The plane with the embattled president onboard was escorted by several fighter jets. The boom of supersonic engines was heard for half an hour in the northwestern part of the city, where the airport is located,” local news agency DonInformBuro reported.

Kinda weird that:
    The boom of supersonic engines was heard for half an hour
    How fast was his jet flying?!
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:35 pm

macedonian wrote:Apparently Yanuk was escorted to Russia by fighter jets.

Yanukovych Escorted to Russia By Fighter Jets – Report

RIA wrote:MOSCOW, February 28 (RIA Novosti) – Deposed Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych landed at a military airport in southern Russia late on Thursday escorted by fighter jets, a local news agency has reported.

Yanukovych, whose whereabouts have since his ouster been subject of feverish speculation, is scheduled to hold a news conference in the southwestern Russian city of Rostov-on-Don at 5 p.m. local time (1100 GMT) on Friday.

“The plane with the embattled president onboard was escorted by several fighter jets. The boom of supersonic engines was heard for half an hour in the northwestern part of the city, where the airport is located,” local news agency DonInformBuro reported.

Kinda weird that:
    The boom of supersonic engines was heard for half an hour
    How fast was his jet flying?!

They should get him into Sevastopol, proclaim the illegitimacy of the new authorities in Kiev, nominate a successor & call on all Ukrainian regions to follow his successor's orders instead, and then parachute him into Kiev now that there is no more use for him.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:They should get him into Sevastopol, proclaim the illegitimacy of the new authorities in Kiev, nominate a successor & call on all Ukrainian regions to follow his successor's orders instead, and then parachute him into Kiev now that there is no more use for him.
    Agreed, I'd rather live next to a skunk than a man like him (not that I could ever afford it...)
    How the Ukrainians ever voted for him in the first place is beyond me...but than again...oh, nevermind.

Anyway:
    RT wrote:Armed 'self-defense squads' partially withdraw from Simferopol airport

RT wrote:A few dozen armed men identified by airport officials as “self-defense squads” are leaving the Simferopol airport in Crimea, following their overnight raid of the airport terminal and their patrol of the grounds outside that followed.

RT
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:12 pm

They are Black Sea Fleet marines. At least those on the photos we've seen anyway. Surprised they have facemasks and foregrips on their AKs; everything else looks like def. standard issue for marine and motor-rifle units.
    Hilarious how on mp.net after 10 pages they still can't figure it out. Was obvious from the 1st photo.
    They have no chevrons/force branch patches/flags because there's nowhere good on the uniform to sow them on, so many units just never bothered. We had the same problem too back in 2010/2011. An oversight really.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:54 am