Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
flamming_python
zino
Airbornewolf
magnumcromagnon
bantugbro
As Sa'iqa
Morpheus Eberhardt
Elsarof
zg18
varg
medo
Cpt Caz
AlfaT8
Sujoy
Hachimoto
xeno
KomissarBojanchev
Regular
Pugnax
gaurav
coolieno99
TheArmenian
TR1
Zivo
collegeboy16
Mindstorm
Werewolf
Shadåw
Sergiosday
gloriousfatherland
Mr.Kalishnikov47
Viktor
jezKUB
russian_soldier
Gagydza
ahmedfire
Wan2345
AbsoluteZero
Austin
Ogannisyan8887
GarryB
IronsightSniper
nightcrawler
Kysusha
NationalRus
Serbia Forever 2
Bongo2k
Pirate
milky_candy_sugar
Sukhoi37_Terminator
Scrat335
Stealthflanker
Turk1
Vladislav
RussiaRules
crod
soldieroffortune
Jelena
sepheronx
JimmyWorld
Admin
65 posters

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1

Kysusha
    Kysusha

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian Military Photos and Videos #1

Post  Kysusha Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:23 am

Im interested in the one in white and black! I mean, just LOOK at the landing-gear!

Last edited by Kysusha on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kysusha
    Kysusha

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian Military Photos and Videos #1

Post  Kysusha Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:31 am

How do you upload images on this ybani forum?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:08 am

If you click on the reply button and on the reply page look at the icons above the area where you type.
    In the top (of two) rows on the far right hand side if you place your arrow pointer over the icons they tell you what they do.
    Move from right to left and you will see the icon with an image and a floppy disc says "host an image" to the left immediately above where you type.
    Click that and it will open a fixed window that allows you to find photos or pictures on your computer or network.
    I normally choose in the dropdown box to resize the image to 800 pixels so they are not too big and then click on the upload button.
    After a few seconds another box will open with links to a thumbnail and the image and something else I can't recall off the top of my head.
    Highlight and copy the link for the image and paste it into your text.
    Edit: The third link is the link URL which will take you to the picture on the site that is hosting the image.
    The only problem I have had with it is that the box will not disappear so I recommend doing the text in the reply before adding the pictures.

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 P15ter10
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:23 am

Vladimir79 wrote:It might work for countries that have no real airforce.

ye like Eire, no bloody idea why we bought Pilatus PC-9 when the Yak was a far better choice??? I think both are equally enough priced (take guidance on that!) i know it would cost the govt more to up keep them but really.....in fact i'm not sure why we dont use Russian gear over the more heavily priced European/US equipment??
    Kysusha
    Kysusha

Post  Kysusha Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:40 am

No mate - bloody hopeless; give up. I uploaded to the host site; the stupid window wouldn't close (yes, you warned of that),then I couldn't find what I had uploaded to imbed it. Somewhere on some hosting site, I have some photos!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:09 am

What can I say.

When you click on the host it button and it shows those three links (ie thumbnail, link to image, link to image on host url) you have to copy the middle link completely and paste that on your page.

If you ignore it and click on the button to take you back to load a new pic I have no idea how to find the pics you have uploaded.

Most other forums don't do this for you and you have to go and find your own website to host pictures for you...

SUNBURN FTW!!!!

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 956em211
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:17 am

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 Img18210

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 0_288f10

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 0_288f11
    Kysusha
    Kysusha

Post  Kysusha Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:44 am

Yours truely test firing in Russia.

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 Ak10110

OK, I got this far, but how do I get it dispalyed as a Jpeg IN the forum???
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:22 am

crod wrote:

ye like Eire, no bloody idea why we bought Pilatus PC-9 when the Yak was a far better choice??? I think both are equally enough priced (take guidance on that!) i know it would cost the govt more to up keep them but really.....in fact i'm not sure why we dont use Russian gear over the more heavily priced European/US equipment??

Ireland doesn't seem too concerned with having a real military.
    IronsightSniper
    IronsightSniper

Post  IronsightSniper Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:46 am

Nice Mi-28, better women Very Happy
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 pm

I think this is the one he posted...

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 12520010
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    crod wrote:

Ireland doesn't seem too concerned with having a real military.

yeap, and the Nordic Battlegroup are going to find that out too.....
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:00 am

My favourite was "You can tell its Mattel"...

A famous advertising line from a popular toy company of the time that made cheap plastic toys... Twisted Evil

For Ironsightsniper:

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 0_430410

"Look what we found"
    Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 Image010
    nightcrawler
    nightcrawler

Post  nightcrawler Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:26 am

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 956em211

Aren't these strap-on rocket boosters being outdated today because of their bulkiness???
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:48 pm

The sunburn does not use strap on boosters.

The Sunburn is a combined rocket ramjet powered missile.

The ramjet engine of the Sunburn means there is a big empty area right down its centre that acts as a jet engine when the missile is in flight.
    Previously it was standard practise to put booster rockets around it like the SA-4, but because there is a big empty space inside the missile what the Soviets did was put a huge solid rocket booster inside the empty ramjet space. When the rocket burns out the air intake at the front opens and air comes in and fuel is added and it lights up its ramjet engine and continues to the target.

It doesn't need wrap around engines or a booster stage to make it longer (it is already about 9m long and about 5 tons anyway.)

The same design solution is used in the SA-6 SAM, the Kh-31 ARM/AShM and the Yakhont/Brahmos/Onyx.

The British Sea Dart Naval SAM is ramjet powered but uses an external rocket booster to accelerate it up to a speed where its ramjet can start efficiently. This makes the missile longer than it could have been if the rocket booster was internal.

nightcrawler
    nightcrawler

Post  nightcrawler Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:05 am

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 Ejection
    Kysusha
    Kysusha

Post  Kysusha Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 am

He told the pilot he didn't want to fly today!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:11 pm

That is how you deal with back seat drivers... Smile

That was from a movie from memory BTW.

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 T90_3_10
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 am

Yeah enough of the "Old dog" bit - I'm still fit and active.

The old saying... you're only as old as the woman you feel... Shocked

Russian Military Photos and Videos #1 - Page 5 Btr12510

Will this vehicle play the tank in the future Russian Army light brigade?

The Sprut might be used in the VDV and for the Marines, and perhaps even the medium brigades (with perhaps a bit of extra modular armour to get it up to about 30 tons or so with loss of amphibious capability perhaps) while the heavy brigades use T-90s and upgraded T-72s from storage as tanks with perhaps tank based APCs and fire support vehicles based on the BMP-4M?
    IronsightSniper
    IronsightSniper

Post  IronsightSniper Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:48 am

I just thought this video of the RPO-M was fucking insane, especially at 2:47.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:28 am

Yes ,Smerch is professional but don't forget Iskander and TopolM ... they have equal capablities

Quite true, but I think he mean Tochka-U rather than Topol.

Iskander in many ways is an evolution of a missile to replace the Scud, while the Tochka is an evolution of a missile to replace the FROG-7 unguided ballistic rocket.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:56 am

[quote="GarryB"]

Iskander in many ways is an evolution of a missile to replace the Scud, while the Tochka is an evolution of a missile to replace the FROG-7 unguided ballistic rocket.

Iskander is a direct evolution of Tochka-U which was a replacement for Scud and Luna.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:30 am

I always thought they were separate development strands even though they both can use the same warhead configurations and guidance systems.

The Iskander branch of development was effected by the INF treaty,
    whereas the Tochka started out with a range of something like 90km and has increased to 120 and then about 190km in the current model.

The Iskander on the other hand was developed through the Oka missile, what the west calls the SS-23 Spider (the Tochka being called SS-21 Scarab). The deployment and development of the Oka was terminated by the INF treaty.

It makes sense to me that Tochka was a replacement for FROG-7 because of its range performance (ie 90km, 120km, 190km), and the Oka and then Iskander were replacement for the theatre range Scuds as their ranges were 450km and about 480km respectively.
    Unfortunately Gorby decided to include the 450km range Oka in the list of weapons banned under the INF treaty even though its range means it shouldn't have been included.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:13 am

The Oka and Iskander are both based on the development of the Tochka. All these missiles were produced by KBM so much of the technology is similar. Oka is essentially the missile of Iskander and guidance of Tochka. Iskander is the product of the experience for these two missiles. Oka was a nuclear weapon in its day banned by treaty. Tochka is being directly replaced by Iskander. The Scud and Luna were given up long ago to pursue these better precision weapons. If anything remained of Scud in inventory, it certainly wasn't active by the fall of CCCP.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:29 pm

They probably gave away a lot of Scuds... have read they used very large numbers in Afghanistan and they were used during and after the Soviet presence there.

It is a little sad that the Iskander is replacing the Tochka as both seem to be very useful weapons. I expect the Tochka being smaller and lighter would be cheaper and useful for roles that don't demand a long range, whereas the Iskander would have the ability to penetrate defended airspace better with its flight profile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:48 pm