Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
Kimppis
Rmf
szo
Kyo
type055
kvs
tempestii
2SPOOKY4U
EKS
Mike E
navyfield
bantugbro
mutantsushi
gaurav
mig7
RTN
Morpheus Eberhardt
Indian Flanker
Zinuru
Djoka
George1
Airbornewolf
lulldapull
Hannibal Barca
Alex555
Hachimoto
Giulio
havok
eridan
etaepsilonk
magnumcromagnon
Cyberspec
ali.a.r
Werewolf
CaptainPakistan
GJ Flanker
macedonian
Arrow
zg18
BlackArrow
Vann7
flamming_python
KomissarBojanchev
a89
JPJ
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
collegeboy16
quetzacol
dionis
AlfaT8
sepheronx
NickM
TheArmenian
coolieno99
nemrod
Zivo
Firebird
mack8
Mindstorm
Sujoy
Deep Throat
Stealthflanker
SOC
TR1
Flanky
medo
Viktor
Austin
GarryB
74 posters

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: PAK-FA, T-50: News #2

Post  Stealthflanker Fri May 23, 2014 7:36 pm

navyfield wrote:
    detection -perhaps ,
    lock-on ,...no way!

As soon as your radar reach enough Signal To Noise Ratio (SNR) to continuously track your target (that is where the probability of detection "Pd" reach 99% The hard value however as far as i know is 24 Db or more), you can actually lock on the target.

The question here is of course whether such lock on range fell within the airplane's weapon release envelope.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat May 24, 2014 12:35 pm

The question here is of course whether such lock on range fell within the airplane's weapon release envelope.

R=37M was supposed to have a range of 400km and was tested from a modified MiG-31M without its new radar to a flight range of 300km using target data from another aircraft closer to the target.

The Su-30MK is hardly a stealth aircraft even in clean configuration.

What is photoshop?

Photoshop is two things... first it is a useful piece of software that is used to edit and modify photos or images. Second it is the cry of the frustrated when a photo is produced to show something they are in denial about... I suspect the latter applies most in this case.

Afterall the PAK FA has been handed over to the RuAF so of course they wont want to fit real weapons to it for testing...  Rolling Eyes 
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat May 24, 2014 1:12 pm

GarryB wrote:

R=37M was supposed to have a range of 400km and was tested from a modified MiG-31M without its new radar to a flight range of 300km using target data from another aircraft closer to the target.

I have no doubt at all that lock-on and subsequent weapon launch can be done in such distance. But there of course limitations on how far one can launch and i explained it to navyfield.

medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat May 24, 2014 2:05 pm

GarryB wrote:R=37M was supposed to have a range of 400km and was tested from a modified MiG-31M without its new radar to a flight range of 300km using target data from another aircraft closer to the target.

Those are radar test for PAK FA radar. Lock on Su-30 in 300 km range means, that the radar could lock and guide missiles on a fighter size target on that distance. I'm sure no one expect, that PAK FA will shot down stealth or other fighters at such distance but most probably bigger targets as AWASC planes, flying tankers, flying command posts, ELINT planes, stand off jammers, etc. We could assume now, that PAK FA radar have more than 400 km range. Also Su-30 have most modern russian ESM and RWR equipment, so they could as well check, what signature could radar leave on ESM equipment and how far radar could be detected. Testing radar against stealth plane, they could use it against another PAK FA or small targets in the size of stealth planes.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat May 24, 2014 6:15 pm

medo wrote:
    GarryB wrote:R=37M was supposed to have a range of 400km and was tested from a modified MiG-31M without its new radar to a flight range of 300km using target data from another aircraft closer to the target.

Those are radar test for PAK FA radar. Lock on Su-30 in 300 km range means, that the radar could lock and guide missiles on a fighter size target on that distance. I'm sure no one expect, that PAK FA will shot down stealth or other fighters at such distance but most probably bigger targets as AWASC planes, flying tankers, flying command posts, ELINT planes, stand off jammers, etc. We could assume now, that PAK FA radar have more than 400 km range. Also Su-30 have most modern russian ESM and RWR equipment, so they could as well check, what signature could radar leave on ESM equipment and how far radar could be detected. Testing radar against stealth plane, they could use it against another PAK FA or small targets in the size of stealth planes.

They usually use target drones in order to test, so I would speculate they would use a target drone with a specific RCS in order to test the equipment on. That said, it tracked an Su-30 at 300km! that is very good, since the Irbis-E can track at that range as well.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat May 24, 2014 7:46 pm

X 74 M2 - Russia's New Cruise Missile For 5th Gen Aircraft

23/05/2014 Itar-Tass

A new modified aircraft missile for Russian fifth-generation fighters would be developed by 2016, the director-general of the Tactical Missiles Corporation, Boris Obnosov, said on Friday at the Kadex 2014 exhibition of weapons and military equipment in Astana, Kazakhstan.

"We have established close contact with the Sukhoi design office. A permanent working group is formed. All the protocols of informational cooperation are agreed on. Models are made according to schedule. Everything must be done by 2016," Obnosov said, noting it was a new modified aircraft cruise missile X-74M2.

It was hard work. Intensity of tests was very high. Even the main test centre coped with it with difficulty, he added.
    The Tactical Missiles Corporation also planned to develop the first model of a hypersonic missile by 2020, the corporation's director-general said.

Russia had completed working out a programme to develop hypersonic missile technologies. The Defense Ministry and the Ministry of Industry and Trade had already approved the programme, Obnosov said.

Twelve working groups were formed with the participation of dozens of institutes and companies. The programme was already worked out and approved. The main thing was to implement it, he said.

Key areas were determined. There was understanding in the Defence Ministry, he added.
    "If we are behind others it will be hard to catch up with them later. Purposeful, systematic and everyday work is needed," the director-general noted, referring to other countries' developments in the field.

"If somebody thinks that tomorrow we will pull a hypersonic missile from a pocket, the one is mistaken, since the process to create it requires serious scientific and technical developments, serious tests, personnel training and many other things," Obnosov said.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat May 24, 2014 8:04 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    medo wrote:

They usually use target drones in order to test, so I would speculate they would use a target drone with a specific RCS in order to test the equipment on.  That said, it tracked an Su-30 at 300km! that is very good, since the Irbis-E can track at that range as well.

They don't need drones for radar tests without missiles firings. They need real planes for radar testings like for max range of radar detection for fighter planes, detection and tracking capabilities with heavy ECM environment as well as how quickly this radar could be detected from fighter and what measures it could take against it. Considering they use Su-30 in tests, it could as well be in other direction for testing capabilities of ESM and ECM equipment in new Russian fighters, like Su-30SM and Su-35 against AESA radar similar to those in F-22 and F-35. There could as well be tests of data network to share radar picture with other planes and to get picture from them, etc. They have to test a lot of capabilities and they will not tell much about them, but for now we at least know, it have quite a long range of detection and tracking.
    navyfield
    navyfield

Post  navyfield Sat May 24, 2014 8:11 pm

the reason i said detection is an ok figure because su-35 can do this too so nothing spectacular,
    the reason lock-on range i dont belive is true is because that data is probably classified for Pak-fa.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat May 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Sujoy wrote:X 74 M2 - Russia's New Cruise Missile For 5th Gen Aircraft

23/05/2014 Itar-Tass

A new modified aircraft missile for Russian fifth-generation fighters would be developed by 2016, the director-general of the Tactical Missiles Corporation, Boris Obnosov, said on Friday at the Kadex 2014 exhibition of weapons and military equipment in Astana, Kazakhstan.

"We have established close contact with the Sukhoi design office. A permanent working group is formed. All the protocols of informational cooperation are agreed on. Models are made according to schedule. Everything must be done by 2016," Obnosov said, noting it was a new modified aircraft cruise missile X-74M2.

It was hard work. Intensity of tests was very high. Even the main test centre coped with it with difficulty, he added.
    The Tactical Missiles Corporation also planned to develop the first model of a hypersonic missile by 2020, the corporation's director-general said.

Russia had completed working out a programme to develop hypersonic missile technologies. The Defense Ministry and the Ministry of Industry and Trade had already approved the programme, Obnosov said.

Twelve working groups were formed with the participation of dozens of institutes and companies. The programme was already worked out and approved. The main thing was to implement it, he said.

Key areas were determined. There was understanding in the Defence Ministry, he added.
    "If we are behind others it will be hard to catch up with them later. Purposeful, systematic and everyday work is needed," the director-general noted, referring to other countries' developments in the field.

"If somebody thinks that tomorrow we will pull a hypersonic missile from a pocket, the one is mistaken, since the process to create it requires serious scientific and technical developments, serious tests, personnel training and many other things," Obnosov said.

This will.. yes make me curious. Especially related to carriage.. Will it be placed outside or in weapon bay.

If it's for weapon bay i'd expect/speculate a lifting body airframe. Perhaps similar as GELA.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat May 24, 2014 9:42 pm

navyfield wrote:the reason i said detection is an ok figure because su-35 can do this too so nothing spectacular,
    the reason lock-on range i dont belive is true is because that data is probably classified for Pak-fa.

They are just testing it, these are not final or definitive numbers.

The Su-35's numbers are in a narrow, long range mode. Not to mention the array is larger. If the T-50 achieves that kind of performance in normal operation modes, yes, that is VERY spectacular.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sat May 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Just to refresh my memory here, the N-035 can detect a fighter size target in a narrow beam at 350-400km, while in normal search (or is it track mode? i can't recall now) mode the detection distance is at least 200km for a fighter, correct?

If the N-036 figure of 310 km was in normal search/ track mode and not narrow beam mode, then indeed it's a big leap. Logically, it is expected anyway imo, it's a more modern AESA set improving on N-035s features, and unless i'm wrong, being fixed doesn't make it having a BIGGER aperture that the circular PESA/mechanical scanned array of Su-35?
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2 - Page 27 Empty Kh-74, Kh-74M, Kh-74M1, and Kh-74M2

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun May 25, 2014 1:54 am

Sujoy wrote:X 74 M2 - Russia's New Cruise Missile For 5th Gen Aircraft

23/05/2014 Itar-Tass

I wonder how Kh-74M2 is different from Kh-74, Kh-74M, and Kh-74M1 hypersonic missiles and their variants.

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun May 25, 2014 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sun May 25, 2014 2:31 am

Ok, i'm baffled on this one. I thought they were really talking about K-74M2 (short range AAM developed from R-73). Is there really a cruise missile called H-74, or just journo fail ?!
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun May 25, 2014 6:31 am

mack8 wrote:Ok, i'm baffled on this one. I thought they were really talking about K-74M2 (short range AAM developed from R-73). Is there really a cruise missile called H-74, or just journo fail ?!

dunno 

At the same time, we have situations like K-55 and Kh-55 that refer to different missile systems; actually, this is the rule rather than an exception.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 pm

First Release - PAK FA Armed

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2 - Page 27 Assunt10

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu May 29, 2014 1:29 am

quick question.. How's the PAKFA's engine research going ? I heard that there would be more powerful engine being developed for PAKFA or will PAKFA make do with already existing 117S engine as Su-35 ?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu May 29, 2014 1:58 am

Stealthflanker wrote:quick question.. How's the PAKFA's engine research going ? I heard that there would be more powerful engine being developed for PAKFA or will PAKFA make do with already existing 117S engine as Su-35 ?

PAK-FA never used 117S - it currently uses 117. Obviously related, but not the same thing.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu May 29, 2014 9:22 am

Stealthflanker wrote: I heard that there would be more powerful engine being developed for PAKFA or will PAKFA make do with already existing 117S engine as Su-35 ?

Igor had published this on his blog a couple of years ago . In case you haven't read this interview .

http://igorrgroup.blogspot.in/2011/05/new-interview-of-al-41f-chief.html
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu May 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Sujoy wrote:

Igor had published this on his blog a couple of years ago . In case you haven't read this interview .

http://igorrgroup.blogspot.in/2011/05/new-interview-of-al-41f-chief.html

Thanks, it seems i'm behind time for this.
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Thu May 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Ok, i'm baffled on this one. I thought they were really talking about K-74M2 (short range AAM developed from R-73). Is there really a cruise missile called H-74, or just journo fail ?!

Yes correct . It is the R-73 series upgraded short range missiles they are talking about.

Nothing related to Kh here.
    Some X-38 short range air to srface they tested previously for PAK-FA.

Kh-22 is still in use I think but that is  strategic level(or may be very old system) air to surface weapon and not related to PAK-FA .
    Its weight is around 7tons..  Shocked  he he..

Morpheus wrote:

I wonder how Kh-74M2 is different from Kh-74, Kh-74M, and Kh-74M1 hypersonic missiles and their variants.
    They are most probably talking about short range air to air missile R-73 upgrades
    nemrod
    nemrod

Post  nemrod Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Russia Claims To Have a Fifth-Generation Fighter That Might Surpass The F-35

http://www.businessinsider.com/russian-pak-fa-poses-serious-challenge-to-us-2014-5
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:06 pm

nemrod wrote:

http://www.businessinsider.com/russian-pak-fa-poses-serious-challenge-to-us-2014-5

That would not be a hard task to surpass a dodo.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:23 pm

nemrod wrote:

news like this usually turns into flame fest in forum  Twisted Evil 
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:59 pm

An advanced missile for PAK FA to be developed by 2016

The latest version of a missile for Russian fifth-generation fighter PAK FA will be developed by 2016, CEO of Tactical Missiles Corporation, Boris Obnosov, said at KADEX 2014, press-service of Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade reports.

«We are working closely with Sukhoi design bureau and we have created a joint working group. All the records of proceedings and other documents have been approved by both parties, the mock-ups will be manufactured on time, the program is on schedule – the development will be completed by 2016», - Boris Obnosov said, adding that this refers to the latest version of Kh-74M2 cruise missile.

«It is a hard work, testing is very intense and sometimes even Akhtubinsk State Proving Flying Center is unable to handle the workload», - the corporation’s CEO added.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:56 am

wont even consider f-35 5th gen. - no supercruise. and thats according to lockmart def. of 5th gen.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:25 am