Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Share
    avatar
    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2998
    Points : 3030
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  max steel on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:45 pm

    Vietnamese Fighter Jet Missing in the South China Sea

    A Sukhoi Su-30 MK2 went missing.
    avatar
    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1634
    Points : 1662
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  KiloGolf on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:47 pm

    max steel wrote:Vietnamese Fighter Jet Missing in the South China Sea

    A Sukhoi Su-30 MK2 went missing.

    Let hope this wasn't part of Vietnam "asserting" themselves over there.
    I don't think PRC would give Vietnamese planes the same treatment as the US Poseidons or B-52s.
    avatar
    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2998
    Points : 3030
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  max steel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    max steel wrote:Vietnamese Fighter Jet Missing in the South China Sea

    A Sukhoi Su-30 MK2 went missing.

    Let hope this wasn't part of Vietnam "asserting" themselves over there.
    I don't think PRC would give Vietnamese planes the same treatment as the US Poseidons or B-52s.

    Vietnamese coastguard plane, which was searching for a missing fighter jet and its pilot, disappeared off the radar on Thursday, local media and a military official said, the second such setback in three days.
    The CASA C212 plane carrying nine people went missing off the northern town of Hai Phong about noon local time, local media reported, citing military and provincial sources.

    The coastguard plane was joining thousands of people looking for a pilot who went missing with a Sukhoi SU-30 MK2 fighter jet on Tuesday along the central part of the country coastline.
    avatar
    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1634
    Points : 1662
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  KiloGolf on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:52 pm

    max steel wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    max steel wrote:Vietnamese Fighter Jet Missing in the South China Sea

    A Sukhoi Su-30 MK2 went missing.

    Let hope this wasn't part of Vietnam "asserting" themselves over there.
    I don't think PRC would give Vietnamese planes the same treatment as the US Poseidons or B-52s.

    Vietnamese coastguard plane, which was searching for a missing fighter jet and its pilot, disappeared off the radar on Thursday, local media and a military official said, the second such setback in three days.
    The CASA C212 plane carrying nine people went missing off the northern town of Hai Phong about noon local time, local media reported, citing military and provincial sources.

    The coastguard plane was joining thousands of people looking for a pilot who went missing with a Sukhoi SU-30 MK2 fighter jet on Tuesday along the central part of the country coastline.

    My bet is they're getting blown out of the sky.
    At that rate in a few months the will have no air assets.
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2161
    Points : 2274
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:09 am

    I do not think Vietnam will buy F-16. Considering the cost-effectiveness and compatibility with local facilities, the chance for F-16 to make an apperance in PAVN inventory is zero.

    It is just the opinion of a foreign "expert" about Vietnam. I personally disbelieve in such opinions. I have read many wild claims about "Vietnam may buy F-16/Mirage/Gripen/......." in media, including Vietnamese media. But none of them materialized.

    By far, most of our Western weapons are either war trophies or are supplied by Israel.
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2161
    Points : 2274
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:13 am

    Long story in short: a Vietnamese Su-30MK2 was downed by accident. One of the pilots was safely rescued.

    However, during the process of rescue, a CASA aircraft was missed. Rescue team lost contact with that CASA at Bạch Long Vỹ (Hải Phòng), and the whereabout of that CASA is unknown.

    People has just recovered some fragments from CASA aircraft.

    news.zing.vn/may-bay-casa-cho-9-nguoi-mat-lien-lac-khi-dang-tim-su-30-post658404.html

    http://vnexpress.net/tin-tuc/thoi-su/may-bay-casa-roi-khi-ha-do-cao-do-thoi-tiet-xau-3421288.html
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2161
    Points : 2274
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:21 am

    People just recover some fragments of the CASA. They suspected that CASA met its fate when trying to decrease its altitude in bad weather.

    The fate of 9 crews are unknown.

    http://vnexpress.net/tin-tuc/thoi-su/may-bay-casa-roi-khi-ha-do-cao-do-thoi-tiet-xau-3421288.html
    avatar
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7263
    Points : 7563
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  sepheronx on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:10 am

    Terrible news and bad luck. Wishing for the best.
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2161
    Points : 2274
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:37 am

    My thanks for all your condolences.
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15997
    Points : 16652
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:22 pm

    RIP to those heroes that may have given their lives to try to save the missing pilot...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2161
    Points : 2274
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:44 pm

    Tks for your condolences.

    BTW, a regional newspaper said that the second Su-30 pilot was dead. His body is said to be found drifting on the sea, at Nghệ An province.

    http://baonghean.vn/quoc-phong/201606/nong-ngu-dan-nghe-an-phat-hien-phi-cong-su30-tran-quang-khai-tren-bien-2706097/index.htm

    Personally I think, I will need more sources to confirm this news.

    Edit: other well-known newspapers also posted this news. So, probably, it is confirmed that the second pilot was killed in the accident.

    http://thanhnien.vn/thoi-su/tim-thay-thi-the-phi-cong-tran-quang-khai-714640.html
    http://vnexpress.net/tin-tuc/thoi-su/phat-hien-thi-the-quan-vai-du-tren-bien-thanh-hoa-3421867.html

    The deceased Su-30 pilot is Senior Colonel Trần Quang Khải, Chief of Staff and Vice Commander of 923rd Air Regiment of 371st Air Division.

    The rescued pilot is Colonel Nguyễn Hữu Cường.

    avatar
    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3130
    Points : 3222
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  medo on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:55 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Long story in short: a Vietnamese Su-30MK2 was downed by accident. One of the pilots was safely rescued.

    However, during the process of rescue, a CASA aircraft was missed. Rescue team lost contact with that CASA at Bạch Long Vỹ (Hải Phòng), and the whereabout of that CASA is unknown.

    People has just recovered some fragments from CASA aircraft.

    news.zing.vn/may-bay-casa-cho-9-nguoi-mat-lien-lac-khi-dang-tim-su-30-post658404.html

    http://vnexpress.net/tin-tuc/thoi-su/may-bay-casa-roi-khi-ha-do-cao-do-thoi-tiet-xau-3421288.html

    RIP to the crews. What happened to Su-30MK2? Downed by accident could be understood as shot down by accident.
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2161
    Points : 2274
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  higurashihougi on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:50 am

    medo wrote:RIP to the crews. What happened to Su-30MK2? Downed by accident could be understood as shot down by accident.

    I don't know yet. But I think 99% is NOT shooting down.
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  George1 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:01 am

    In Vietnam was delivered from Israel the first battery SPYDER air defense complex





    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2025472.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  George1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:35 pm

    Belarusian-Vietnamese radar RV-02



    The network has high-quality photos of the RV-02 radar, which is an improved version of the Vostok-E radar, developed jointly with the Republic of Belarus.

    In 2013, the Vietnam Air Force, in the framework of the replacement of obsolete P-18 radar from the Soviet era, considered the possibility of purchasing a mobile solid-state digital two-coordinate radar RV-01 / Vostok-E, developed by the Belarusian JSC Design Bureau Radar "). Whether a contract was signed for the supply of stations is not known reliably [Vietnam has been supplied with at least one radar. - bmpd], but already in 2014, Vietnamese media reported that the Institute of Military Sciences and Technology of Vietnam's Armed Forces developed the radar RV-02, which is an upgraded version of the Vostok-E radar developed jointly with the Republic of Belarus. Externally, this station is no different from the Belarusian prototype.

    As the Vietnamese Internet portal Soha.vn informs, the first 3 complexes of the RV-02 radar were put into trial operation in the Vietnam Air Force. These radars can effectively detect modern unobtrusive fighters, including the J-20 being developed in China. The station is characterized by increased noise immunity, secrecy, reliability and mobility.





    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2578330.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Sponsored content

    Re: Vietnamese People's Airforce

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri May 26, 2017 5:38 am