Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+68
TMA1
Kiko
zepia
ALAMO
UZB-76
owais.usmani
mavaff
thegopnik
LMFS
hoom
Isos
Hole
Cyberspec
RTN
JohninMK
ATLASCUB
mnztr
Nibiru
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
Vann7
Zivo
x_54_u43
max steel
OminousSpudd
Svyatoslavich
Glyph
artjomh
kvs
Redboy
jhelb
marcellogo
2SPOOKY4U
GunshipDemocracy
EKS
Teshub
Big_Gazza
Rmf
victor1985
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
Kyo
Werewolf
Morpheus Eberhardt
collegeboy16
magnumcromagnon
Hannibal Barca
TR1
Arrow
BlackArrow
coolieno99
Sujoy
Deep Throat
sepheronx
flamming_python
nemrod
Hachimoto
gaurav
dino00
Firebird
George1
SOC
Mindstorm
Austin
GarryB
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Admin
72 posters

Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research

gaurav
    gaurav

Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research - Page 3 Empty Re: Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research

Post  gaurav Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:15 pm

U.S never developed any supersonic cruise missile only subsonic cruise missile .Now they are trying to accelerate their Hypersnic program..?

I think that was a complete failure

"However after 16 seconds, a fault was identified with one of the cruiser control fins.
    "Once the X-51 separated from the rocket booster, approximately 15 seconds later, the cruiser was not able to maintain control due to the faulty control fin and was lost," the Air Force statement said.
    One of four X-51A vehicles remains after a series of tests with mixed results.
    U,S hypersonic test flight

U.S hypersonic flight test

The other hypersonic programs such as  Falcon  HTV-2 are related to "pure" ballistic missiles hence they are not pursued eagerly.
    The ballistic missile launch can be detected as a nuke attack.

The information given is misleading because mach numbers are inconsistent.
    Hachimoto

Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research - Page 3 Empty Re: Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research

Post  Hachimoto Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Don't spit because it's a US program!! it is in developement phase and the tests are here to detect failure in design / material /..etc
    gaurav
    gaurav

Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research - Page 3 Empty hypersonic programs

Post  gaurav Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:20 pm

So much and so much thanks Cool
    nemrod
    nemrod

Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research - Page 3 Empty Russia, US, developments in Hypersonic Research:

Post  nemrod Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 pm

http://en.rian.ru/military_news/20130930/183845015/Russia-US-Neck-and-Neck-in-Hypersonic-Research--Rogozin.html
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Commenting on the recent nuclear submarine fire at a shipyard in Russia’s Far East, Rogozin said that snap inspections will be held at all Russian industrial facilities under his supervision to see how the management follows work and fire safety instructions.
    Finally at least one good idea from this guy.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:07 pm

Oh man, Rogozin's supervision, that has to be at such high industry standards Wink

Hopefully we get good pics from his visits (he is a twitter whore after all) that gauge the state of the Pacific Shipyards.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:31 pm

The sheer annoyance of members always talking trash of Rogozin. The man at least pushes for domestic. I bet if you guys were in position, you would import all, right?

Anyway, this is a very good idea, as this will keep management on their toes, especially if there is any reprecutions if there are violations.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Pay me the amount of money he gets, and I will talk about "all domestic" too all over Twitter and take photo opps in snazzy jackets every other day.

Come back to me when Rogozin actually does something without cameras around him.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 pm

I like his leather jacket. Were can I get a Rogozin loadout?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:04 pm

IDK about his leather jacket, but you can get that tank suit he was wearing from UVZ, all for the cheap affordable price of 87,000 rubles:

http://uvzshop.ru/catalog/dress/Form-00129/

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Nice find TR-1... and they take Visa.... Smile
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:43 am

Tank suit for 87,000 rub?

It enrages me that all this new shit that they're exhibiting; the expensive tank suits, etc... none of it will find its way to the troops. It's all fucking pokazukha; for show before the cameras.
    For the troops, conscripts anyway - they'll just give out some low-quality rubbish and not what they need.

That's what I suspect anyway. I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see how a country can change all that much in just a few years.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 am

It is definitely a stupidly priced suit.

But it is just UVZ, the real problem is MoDs attitude towards enlisted men.
    Shoigu is at least doing some work on that level - like his decree of modern showers in every base. Common sense stuff, but common sense and the Russian military are sometimes contradictory subjects.

When you treat men like crap how do you expect they will treat their expensive shiny new Armatas...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:08 am

TR1 wrote:It is definitely a stupidly priced suit.
    Just a way to siphon some money off for some people I suspect.

I remember my eyes bulged out of my head when I read the figures circa 2011/2012 or so about how much was meant to be spent on each new conscript for the Yudashkin uniform and issued personal assortment (cup, cutlery, towels, etc...). It was approaching something like 100,000 rub if my memory doesn't fail me.

Approaching 100,000 rub for that assortment of cheap low-quality crap? They should have just had it produced all in China; 1/10th the price and the quality might have been a little better too.

I hope the tank suit is a little better. The fact that they are selling it commercially as well as through opaque military contracts is an encouraging sign; perhaps its quality could go half-way to matching its price. Maybe.
    Deep Throat
    Deep Throat

Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research - Page 3 Empty Hypersonic ICBM - Unique Russian Concept : Possible ?

Post  Deep Throat Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:46 am

In early 1997 engineers from the Raduga Design Bureau in Dubna came out with a unique concept for ICBMs.

Placing several supersonic or hypersonic cruise missiles instead of a nuclear warhead in a heavy ballistic missile. The designers thought that with this weapon, the Soviet Union would have been able to engage U.S. aircraft carrier fleets anywhere in the world directly from Siberia. A ballistic missile would carry the warhead into the targeted area, and there the cruise missiles themselves would detect and strike the target.
    The idea was abandoned because of inadequacy of funds.

QUESTION : Is such a concept possible today ? If YES, what are the pros and cons ?
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:29 pm

Deep Throat wrote:QUESTION : Is such a concept possible today ? If YES, what are the pros and cons ?
    Guidance of these individual missiles , I suspect will emerge as a major hurdle .
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:04 am

Actually I have suggested such an idea myself... though my design used SLBMs.

The enormous speed of the SLBM and then the hypersonic missiles means the flight time to target is actually fairly short... a vulnerability of cruise missile carriers is that the launch platform could be engaged before missile release in addition to the fact that the missile carrier would need to be something like a Tu-160 or Tu-95 which is not easy to hide.

the current subsonic missiles with ranges of 5,000km mean the delivery vehicle can operate outside most air defence systems but the long flight time makes targeting moving targets problematic.

Satellite detection and tracking of targets however mean a SSBN in the Black Sea could receive target data about an attempted hijacking off the African coast with the mothership launching small attack boats towards a Russian vessel in the region... launch an SLBM and five minutes later a single hypersonic AShM is descending at mach 7 on the motherboat, while helicopters from a nearby Mistral class carrier send Ka-52Ks to deal with the individual attack boats...

Heck... give them supercavitating noses and let them go after submarines... Twisted Evil 
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:06 am

The main stumbling block will be the same as with Global Strike... how does everyone distinguish between a hypersonic AShM and a real SLBM... and basically they can't till it goes splash or boom, or BOOM.
    coolieno99
    coolieno99

Russia and other developments in Hypersonic Research - Page 3 Empty Russia also had a hypersonic aircraft development program at one time.

Post  coolieno99 Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Russia also had a hypersonic aircraft development program at one time.

The first working scramjet in the world "GLL Holod" flew on 28 November 1991, reaching a speed of mach 5.8.  However, the collapse of Soviet Union stopped the funding of the project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramjet_programs#Russia
    BlackArrow
    BlackArrow

Post  BlackArrow Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Deep Throat wrote:
    QUESTION : Is such a concept possible today ? If YES, what are the pros and cons ?
    The price is a major con naturally - as well as actually making the technology work. How are you going to guide the thing all the way from Siberia to a USN carrier target in the South Atlantic?
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:15 am

What is it 3M22 missile ?
    Missile for S-500 loolks like 9M82 missile.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:59 am

Brahmos-2.
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Brahmos-2. wrote:

Or Zirconia ? U.S. hypersonic missile program is more advanced than the Russian?
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:49 pm

We will see. X-51 has in test ? Where the Russian tests hypersonic missile ?
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:45 pm

My friend, even if we could answer this questions, we would not tell them publicly  Cool 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:08 pm