Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+73
lancelot
limb
Broski
TMA1
GarryB
jhelb
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
AzMann
Kiko
mnztr
Tai Hai Chen
Hole
owais.usmani
dino00
d_taddei2
Rodion_Romanovic
Austin
Tsavo Lion
william.boutros
AMCXXL
LMFS
marat
miketheterrible
Gomig-21
Admin
Isos
George1
fragmachine
JohninMK
zg18
Prince Darling
ExBeobachter1987
Hachimoto
PapaDragon
sheytanelkebir
Vann7
Zivo
max steel
medo
GunshipDemocracy
Kyo
Book.
Cyberspec
Russian Patriot
xeno
rambo54
house200888
AlfaT8
Mike E
Amir_Pharaoh
G Bob
mutantsushi
Morpheus Eberhardt
iraqidabab
Flyboy77
SOC
sepheronx
nemrod
magnumcromagnon
Anas Ali
Werewolf
mack8
TR1
TheArmenian
ahmedfire
NationalRus
flamming_python
Viktor
Elsarof
Palestinian
redmotor
nightcrawler
77 posters

Russia - Egypt military contracts

Viktor
    Viktor

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 Empty Re: Russia - Egypt military contracts

Post  Viktor Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:01 pm

G Bob wrote:This would certainly be a very sweet site to see Smile although I'd wait for talks to end because the word "clear" at the end of the article of the link you provided could mean a lot of things!
    The Mig 35 has an enormous array of missiles that would be very useful to EAF ( Egyptian Air Force) and something to die for right now!

And some Bastion and Iskander missiles and few hundered T-90MS and you are good to go Very Happy

G Bob wrote:Dude, I really appreciate all the new updates on the s300VM you have mentioned, I was actually struck, it's all new to my ears! To be honest I was a bit overwhelmed since most of my data came from official websites. Could you please provide us with links concerning the modernization/updates on the s300vm because I hardly found any when I looked into it. I did find this one article on "Russia & India Report" but it wasn't a very detailed one, it mentioned the the new 350km updates thought Smile

Austin the man was responsible for that epic revelation

LINK

After modernization, the S-300B provided: increase in the range of aerodynamic destruction of aerial targets up to 400 km, increasing the area covered up to strokes operational-tactical and tactical missiles - in 3-4 times, and defeat short-range missiles and medium range ballistic missiles - with range of start-up to 3,500 km.

I can give you lots of good links if you are interested and forums where you could gain lots of knowledge but I can not simply just pop out 10 years of searching and reading and talking to

a people Very Happy

From that moment on its up to you  Very Happy

G Bob wrote:Would be really great and a big relief if there were more sources to be found esp. on the new s300 ECM updates.

I cant really remember where I have read about its ECM capability but I would suggest you read this two links

LINK_1

LINK_2

to get cronology of events and than we might move on Very Happy

G Bob wrote:I totally agree, Garry. That last "Mig35 talks" article (that was provided thanks to Victor) was very pleasing to hear, came as
    music to my ears merely because it shows that the jets contract haven't been finalized yet and it's going to be on a separate deal (also shows that the earlier reports were true and that this is an initial deal with more yet to come Smile)  so I'm personally concluding that's the last 3.5 B$ deal was mainly for the air defence sector (probably with a few anti tanks/Kornet ) and so I beleive there's a high probability of a Pantsir-s1 coming along with the modernization of past deals and maybe a handful of extra Tor and Buks or at least that's what I'm hoping for Smile

Im also hiopping to see S-350 in Egypt arsenal and perhaps even as add on to mighty S-300VM. As you I suspect that 3.5 bin $ is just a start.
    G Bob

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 Empty Re: Russia - Egypt military contracts

Post  G Bob Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Same story here, things aren't absolutely clear about whether it's going to be Mig29m2 or Mig35! Heard a lot of talks about m2's loaded with Mig35 components under the hood for faster delivery as well, but it's all speculations so far.

One thing is for certain Egypt is in need of jets with a wide diversity of BVR missiles along with putting a lot of its aging jets to sleep/out of service (mig21's with its Chinese replica and phantoms).

Mach, was about to say Smile

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 3

Victor, lol no man I'm going to take your word or it, my eyes are too tired for reading other forums and inspecting right now.
    Thanks a lot for the links Smile
    G Bob

Post  G Bob Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Mach, the answer is YES, I tried uploading the photo but it didn't work!!
    I'm the new dummy who needs to figure out how to upload a photo :/
    G Bob

Post  G Bob Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:20 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/19/01/19/46/image14.jpg
    Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 Image14
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:55 pm

RAC MiG to negotiate deliveries of MiG-35 aircraft to Egypt
    Russian Aviaton » Friday October 3, 2014 17:23 MSK

In October 2014 delegation of Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG (RAC MiG) headed by the CEO of RAC MiG, Sergey Korotkov, is going to hold negotiations in Egypt. The corporation will negotiate deliveries of MiG-35 fighters to the country, Voenno-promishlenniy Courier reports.

«The representatives of Egypt visited us and performed flights at our base. We hope that they will invite us to negotiate the deliveries next month», - Korotkov said. CEO of the corporation added that RAC MiG plans to sign this contract, but the final decision will be made only after negotiations.

In early 2014 Minister of Defense of Egypt confirmed that purchase of Russian weapons and equipment by Egypt will be financed by Saudi Arabia and UAE. He said that, in particular, under the agreements reached Russia will deliver 24 MiG-29 fighters to Egypt.
    G Bob

Post  G Bob Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:52 am

24 jets is just the beginning for sure, there's a lot of work that needs to be done to the EAF fleet! I bet this batch is just for more investigation and how the EAF will cope with new Russian jets probably in terms of servicing.

Roughly speaking about more than half of the fleet will be put out of service soon yet it won't  probably be all Russian made I presume, since there's a need of reletively cheap jets to do the base day to day activities and boarder servailance. Might be Chinese (or Pakistan) unless Egypt cuts a co-production deal with Russia of some sort but honestly I think this is far from happening!
    And there is the French who lately offered top notch and expensive upgrades for the existing Mirage2000s which might open the door later for increasing their no. whether from UAE's mirage 2000-9s or somewhere else.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is that there might be some interesting stuff for the coming years in the EAF with all "Egyptian/American relations" going down the drain XD
    Anas Ali
    Anas Ali

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 Empty MT-LBu APC:

Post  Anas Ali Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:58 pm

what is above this MT-LBu ?

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 1960839_907238522621416_3365101537785698477_o
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 Empty MT-LBu Based Vehicle

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:59 pm

Anas Ali wrote:what is above this MT-LBu ?

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 1960839_907238522621416_3365101537785698477_o

As you know, there are an extremely large number of MT-LBu based vehicle types; the varieties publicized is not even the tip of the iceberg.

I have never "seen" the variant in the image you have posted, but the one in the following image is R-149BMRg, which is  a communications (and command?) vehicle and has some resemblance to the variant that you have shown; the folding and telescoping antenna masts to the left side of the vehicles are similar.

Variants that look like these are sometimes electronic warfare vehicles (e.g., communications jamming and signal reconnaissance/"SIGINT").

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 6 6zCjxq7
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Can this be confirmed from our egyptian members ?! Very Happy
    https://newhub.shafaqna.com/EN/ru/6638834
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:38 am

Well, Egypt has a lot of F-16's, so purchasing MiG-35 (even if they may be better with their BVR missiles) may not be the best purchase imo. Something like Su-30's or Su-35's may be a far better buy (Su-30 I would wager) as they are bigger, fly farther and carry more weapons while being very good at being multipurpose compared to MiG aircrafts atm. Also, Su-30's are so widespread, the cost shouldn't even be large either.
    G Bob

Post  G Bob Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:31 am

mack8 wrote:Can this be confirmed from our egyptian members ?! Very Happy
    https://newhub.shafaqna.com/EN/ru/6638834

Mack8, it's in Russian Very Happy anyway I assume it's about the S300 delivery, if that's the case here then a lot of sources (close to the egyptian army) indicated that yes it's present here on Egyptian soil, but still no photos yet to be in fact certain!
    What's for certain though, a lot of heavy traffic of Russian cargo planes accompanied by tankers were spotted in Egyptian airports during the last month or so! It seems as something is definitely being delivered!

Sorry for the late reply, bro!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:36 am

24 jets is just the beginning for sure, there's a lot of work that needs to be done to the EAF fleet! I bet this batch is just for more investigation and how the EAF will cope with new Russian jets probably in terms of servicing.

AFAIK they have greatly improved the servicing of their aircraft and offer flight simulators that are now world class.

In fact their new flight sim complete with full cockpit displays was fully 3D without 3D glasses and seemed very impressive in the article that mentioned it.
    G Bob

Post  G Bob Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:04 am

GarryB wrote:

AFAIK they have greatly improved the servicing of their aircraft and offer flight simulators that are now world class.

In fact their new flight sim complete with full cockpit displays was fully 3D without 3D glasses and seemed very impressive in the article that mentioned it.

Impressive indeed, I hope we see those birds in Egyptian skies soon, if it was up to me I'd move the Egyptian f-16 to the 2nd line to do the jobs of the old fighters that are being put to rest, cancel any ideas of manufacturing a new fighter and buy new top notch ones!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:31 pm

G Bob wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

Impressive indeed, I hope we see those birds in Egyptian skies soon, if it was up to me I'd move the Egyptian f-16 to the 2nd line to do the jobs of the old fighters that are being put to rest, cancel any ideas of manufacturing a new fighter and buy new top notch ones!

I wouldn't cancel about ideas of manufacturing aircrafts.

Actually, if Egypt plays it right, they may be able to get Russia to open up a manufacturing plant for various parts/technologies that will go into Egypts next fighter. This is why Russia should offer egypt something like Su-30MKI variant (without Israeli equipment) and work with HAL (India) to get a plant going in Egypt to make/assemble the jets. Jobs for Egyptians. As well, as Irkutsk said they want to get out of the Su-30 market eventually, this could mean that Egypt and India can take over and make good money on further modifications with either Russian or their own technologies and Irkutsk can still make money off of spare parts development.

The aircraft doesn't need to be stealth. The problem is everyone these days wants stealth everything but methods on detecting stealth is just getting more and more impressive and now the Americans themselves are going back to the drawing board in order to come up with new methods (speed). So an Su-30 can be further upgraded to handle 5th gen technologies and new materials to reduce the radar cross section considerably and you can have a competitive aircraft to PAK FA without spending the fortune.

This is just what I am thinking. Hopefully Egypt goes the route where they kinda twist Russia's arm into getting something that will benefit egyptians in long run. It doesn't even have to single out just a jet fighter. It could also be used to assemble and build parts for bigger planes like transport if Egypt ever went the route of wanting to buy Il-478's.
    G Bob

Post  G Bob Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:10 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    G Bob wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

I wouldn't cancel about ideas of manufacturing aircrafts.

Actually, if Egypt plays it right, they may be able to get Russia to open up a manufacturing plant for various parts/technologies that will go into Egypts next fighter.  This is why Russia should offer egypt something like Su-30MKI variant (without Israeli equipment) and work with HAL (India) to get a plant going in Egypt to make/assemble the jets.  Jobs for Egyptians.  As well, as Irkutsk said they want to get out of the Su-30 market eventually, this could mean that Egypt and India can take over and make good money on further modifications with either Russian or their own technologies and Irkutsk can still make money off of spare parts development.

The aircraft doesn't need to be stealth.  The problem is everyone these days wants stealth everything but methods on detecting stealth is just getting more and more impressive and now the Americans themselves are going back to the drawing board in order to come up with new methods (speed).  So an Su-30 can be further upgraded to handle 5th gen technologies and new materials to reduce the radar cross section considerably and you can have a competitive aircraft to PAK FA without spending the fortune.

This is just what I am thinking.  Hopefully Egypt goes the route where they kinda twist Russia's arm into getting something that will benefit egyptians in long run.  It doesn't even have to single out just a jet fighter.  It could also be used to assemble and build parts for bigger planes like transport if Egypt ever went the route of wanting to buy Il-478's.

Yes to manufacturing spare parts for sure just not the whole plane! I'd personally prefer to concentrate on one of the sophisticated spare parts instead of manufacturing most of the plane yet importing the heavy parts! Kind like what Israel is doing with its electronics sector.

As for the Su 30, sadly I don't see that happening (not even purchasing them)! Somehow the EAF is adopting the use of smaller fighter (light-medium) kinds like the Mig's instead of flying heavy bigger ones as in Su's (kind like the French), not sure why but I think it's because they like to apear being more defnisive than hostile or appear as a threat with long range/heavy weight fighters!!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:12 am

not sure why but I think it's because they like to apear being more defnisive than hostile or appear as a threat with long range/heavy weight fighters!!

I think the MiG-29M2 is a very underrated fighter and the MiG-35 will be even more capable... fitted with an AESA radar and RVV-BD 200km range AAMs and you have a very potent aircraft.

In air to air combat with India, the US learned that smaller fighters are harder to see and an aircraft as agile as the MiG would be a very real threat to even the best modern fighter.

Obviously training of the pilots also is critical... you can't just do an Iron Eagle... (ie put a teenager into the cockpit and expect him to perform real missions like a professional.)
    G Bob

Post  G Bob Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:12 am

GarryB wrote:
    not sure why but I think it's because they like to apear being more defnisive than hostile or appear as a threat with long range/heavy weight fighters!!

I think the MiG-29M2 is a very underrated fighter and the MiG-35 will be even more capable... fitted with an AESA radar and RVV-BD 200km range AAMs and you have a very potent aircraft.

In air to air combat with India, the US learned that smaller fighters are harder to see and an aircraft as agile as the MiG would be a very real threat to even the best modern fighter.

Obviously training of the pilots also is critical... you can't just do an Iron Eagle... (ie put a teenager into the cockpit and expect him to perform real missions like a professional.)

Thumbs up!
    They're for sure harder to detect.
    Just for clearing up I meant the ferry range in my last post
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:42 am

Putin to visit Egypt on February 9-10
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Contract potential of Russian arms supplies to Egypt tops $2 billion — expert

Egyptian military top brass have made a number of purchases and consider a possibility to buy modern Russian air defense systems and surface-to-air missile systems, a Russian arms expert says

MOSCOW, February 6. /TASS/. Contract potential of Russian weapons supplies to Egypt totals over $2 billion, experts say.

"Nowadays, any country that is willing to pursue an independent foreign policy clearly defines for itself that its air space needs protection," Igor Korotchenko, head of a Russian think tank in charge of analyzing the world arms trade, told a news conference on Friday.

Egypt is "interested in creating a reliable system of air defense as precision weapons, cruise missiles and strike aviation are chiefly used in modern wars," he said.

"Egyptian military top brass have made a number of purchases and consider a possibility to buy modern Russian air defense systems and surface-to-air missile systems," Korotchenko said. "Our state-of-the-art air defense systems surpass considerably the US analogues. That’s why Egypt conducts strategic investment in its security for the coming 30 to 40 years."

At the same time, the expert said that Russia’s supplies to Egypt were underway.

"Taking into consideration a delicate component of this type of cooperation, certainly I will not elaborate on the item identification or on the number of sealed deals but I can say that a common portfolio of potential contracts totals over $2 billion, according to experts’ estimates," he said.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:44 am

ABM i think ,may be S-300 .
    Anas Ali
    Anas Ali

Post  Anas Ali Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Egypt is "interested in creating a reliable system of air defense as precision weapons, cruise missiles and strike aviation are chiefly used in modern wars,"

does this mean that Egypt want to built its own system using Russian help or he means that Egypt is interested on defending its sky's using Russian systems ?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Anas Ali wrote:Egypt is "interested in creating a reliable system of air defense as precision weapons, cruise missiles and strike aviation are chiefly used in modern wars,"  

does this mean that Egypt want to built its  own system using Russian help or he means that Egypt is interested on defending its sky's using Russian systems ?

It may be both, which will be the best option in the long term.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:36 pm

Anas Ali wrote:Egypt is "interested in creating a reliable system of air defense as precision weapons, cruise missiles and strike aviation are chiefly used in modern wars,"  

does this mean that Egypt want to built its  own system using Russian help or he means that Egypt is interested on defending its sky's using Russian systems ?

To invest on all these systems you need more money and more time" even with the Russia help" , Russia offers you to buy more effective weapons with less money than what US offers . TOR-M2 , BUK-M2  were good examples  what Egypt wants " for specific goals" , S-300 on the road ,and i think more Russian fighters will have the Egyptian flag .
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:04 am

President of Egypt: Cairo appreciates the support of Moscow

November 13-14, 2013 in Cairo, the first Russian-Egyptian meeting in the format of "two plus two" ministers of defense and foreign ministers of Russia and Egypt. The participants agreed to intensify the exchange of delegations and expand cooperation in military air and naval forces of the two countries. According to some experts, the negotiations were agreed contracts worth more than $ 3 billion for the supply of 24 MiG-29M / M2, 12 attack helicopters Mi-35M, mobile coastal missile system K300P "Bastion" SAM "Tor-2ME" firearms weapons and ammunition. According to other sources, in a package deal also included ATGM "Cornet" and Mi-8/17. For the Egyptian side, these agreements were of particular significance in the light of the suspension of the supply of US weapons in July 2013 due to the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi.

August 12, 2014 at the talks in Sochi, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi agreed to further deepen cooperation in the sphere of military-technical cooperation

http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1758001
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:11 am

ahmedfire wrote:President of Egypt: Cairo appreciates the support of Moscow

November 13-14, 2013 in Cairo, the first Russian-Egyptian meeting in the format of "two plus two" ministers of defense and foreign ministers of Russia and Egypt. The participants agreed to intensify the exchange of delegations and expand cooperation in military air and naval forces of the two countries. According to some experts, the negotiations were agreed contracts worth more than $ 3 billion for the supply of 24 MiG-29M / M2, 12 attack helicopters Mi-35M, mobile coastal missile system K300P "Bastion" SAM "Tor-2ME" firearms weapons and ammunition. According to other sources, in a package deal also included ATGM "Cornet" and Mi-8/17. For the Egyptian side, these agreements were of particular significance in the light of the suspension of the supply of US weapons in July 2013 due to the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi.

August 12, 2014 at the talks in Sochi, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi agreed to further deepen cooperation in the sphere of military-technical cooperation

http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1758001

Packaged deal with Kornet? I see Sisi saw enough footage of Kornet's mopping the floor with Israeli Merkava tanks, and was thoroughly impressed... lol1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 pm