Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
Cyberspec
sepheronx
x_54_u43
Project Canada
victor1985
JohninMK
Book.
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
OminousSpudd
marcinko
Flanky
Neutrality
Regular
Strizh
Voskhod
Zivo
max steel
Stealthflanker
Kimppis
ahmedfire
AlfaT8
George1
AbsoluteZero
kvs
Kyo
mutantsushi
Big_Gazza
Mike E
AirCargo
navyfield
arpakola
Vann7
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
gaurav
Firebird
collegeboy16
xeno
zg18
milky_candy_sugar
coolieno99
Hachimoto
SOC
Mindstorm
Werewolf
Deep Throat
dino00
Viktor
flamming_python
Austin
Sujoy
TR1
fredleander
Pervius
Hoof
Andy_Wiz
GarryB
nightcrawler
Ogannisyan8887
Admin
65 posters

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

Rmf
    Rmf

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

Post  Rmf Tue May 03, 2016 12:21 pm

kazahstan is civilisation comared to that mountains and taiga in the midle of nowhere.
    thats why i think a wing ,or if you use paraglider it gives a controlled landing like a wing with benefit of a parashute ,you can glide to the launch site which is very important.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

Post  GarryB Wed May 04, 2016 9:17 am

That is not a bad idea... the ability to make it controlable and able to land back in a particular area... and actually land rather than just fall could increase weight and complexity but greatly improve reusability.

Of course it would still need to be taken apart and examined carefully before reuse so it is not going to save an enormous amount... but as technology improves the eventual goal will be scramjet motors to the edge of the atmosphere and rockets beyond with the scramjet launch platform then landing and refuelling ready for a new mission.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu May 05, 2016 1:49 pm

The Baikal concept is my idea of a practical booster return system.  A modified URM-1 module with a swing wing, a small air-breathing engine and UAV controls to provide cross-range capability to allow flight to a recovery airstrip.  If the engine module could be made easily decoupled by bolted structural sections, graylock couplings for piping connections and plug-in electrical connectors for controls & instrument loops, the Baikal could be rapidly turned around by fitting a new engine and full systems retesting before going back into the inventory.  The disconnected engine module then goes to refurb for inspection, boroscope checks, clean-up/de-coking and a test burn before going back into the pool.

SpaceX has persisted with their powered stack descent and tripod landing, and have managed to land on a marine barge (an impressive achievement), but I still don't like the concept. Its too hit or miss, and a failed landing scraps the whole stack. I'm also not convinced that a powered vertical ascent isn't a lot of thermal strain on the engine bay. I'd much rather a UAV-style return and aircraft landing, as its gentler on the hardware and is far more fault-tolerant (depending on fuel supply, you can stack the cores in a holding pattern while you bring them home).
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue May 10, 2016 11:44 am

Big_Gazza wrote:The Baikal concept is my idea of a practical booster return system.  A modified URM-1 module with a swing wing, a small air-breathing engine and UAV controls to provide cross-range capability to allow flight to a recovery airstrip.  If the engine module could be made easily decoupled by bolted structural sections, graylock couplings for piping connections and plug-in electrical connectors for controls & instrument loops, the Baikal could be rapidly turned around by fitting a new engine and full systems retesting before going back into the inventory.  The disconnected engine module then goes to refurb for inspection, boroscope checks, clean-up/de-coking and a test burn before going back into the pool.

SpaceX has persisted with their powered stack descent and tripod landing, and have managed to land on a marine barge (an impressive achievement), but I still don't like the concept.  Its too hit or miss, and a failed landing scraps the whole stack.  I'm also not convinced that a powered vertical ascent isn't a lot of thermal strain on the engine bay.  I'd much rather a UAV-style return and aircraft landing, as its gentler on the hardware and is far more fault-tolerant (depending on fuel supply, you can stack the cores in a holding pattern while you bring them home).

there reverse landing could proof to be invaluable for reverse landing in surfaces like moon or mars. if you deploy first the pad for landing.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue May 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:The Baikal concept is my idea of a practical booster return system.  A modified URM-1 module with a swing wing, a small air-breathing engine and UAV controls to provide cross-range capability to allow flight to a recovery airstrip.  If the engine module could be made easily decoupled by bolted structural sections, graylock couplings for piping connections and plug-in electrical connectors for controls & instrument loops, the Baikal could be rapidly turned around by fitting a new engine and full systems retesting before going back into the inventory.  The disconnected engine module then goes to refurb for inspection, boroscope checks, clean-up/de-coking and a test burn before going back into the pool.

SpaceX has persisted with their powered stack descent and tripod landing, and have managed to land on a marine barge (an impressive achievement), but I still don't like the concept.  Its too hit or miss, and a failed landing scraps the whole stack.  I'm also not convinced that a powered vertical ascent isn't a lot of thermal strain on the engine bay.  I'd much rather a UAV-style return and aircraft landing, as its gentler on the hardware and is far more fault-tolerant (depending on fuel supply, you can stack the cores in a holding pattern while you bring them home).

there reverse landing could proof to be invaluable for reverse landing in surfaces like moon or mars. if you deploy first the pad for landing.

Rocket powered descent is a tried and tested techology for lunar landings - Surveyor, Apollo, Lunokhod, Luna Sample Return, Chang'e 3.  Its been done on Mars as well with the Vikings and Phoenix, and the sky-crane used with Curiosity rover.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu May 19, 2016 3:07 pm

First rocket launch from Vostochny was postponed due to cable design flaw

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/science/876703
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 39 Empty A competition to Federatsia?

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 29, 2016 1:54 pm

A competition to Federatsia?

In RSC "Energia" reported the ship to fly to the moon

https://news.rambler.ru/30233437/
    http://vz.ru/news/2015/5/15/745519.html?isasa

Development of conceptual and technical projects of advanced manned transport system (PCA), designed to replace the ships the ships "Union TMA" and "Progress M" and be used for missions to the moon, completed, reported in the Rocket-space Corporation (RKK) "Energy".
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 29, 2016 8:36 pm

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Russia_to_Create_New_Powerful_Plasma_Rocket_Engine_999.html

Russia to Create New Powerful Plasma Rocket Engine

A Russian rocket engine company, with the assistance of a major research and development institute, will work on a project to create a powerful electrodeless plasma rocket engine, Russia's Roscosmos space corporation said Wednesday.

The project will be developed by the Kurchatov Institute, Russia's leading research and development institution in the field of nuclear energy, and the Chemical Automatics Design Bureau (CADB).

"The project involves the development of a new-generation electrodeless plasma engine. It is a high-power engine using fuel in a plasma state. It has a high energy efficiency, an ability to use almost any kind of rocket fuel... and its maximum engine power is limited only by the power supply of a high-frequency generator," Roscosmos said in a statement.

According to Roscosmos, the implementation of the ideas incorporated in the proposed project became possible due to the advance made in the study of plasma fusion process, in the development of high-temperature superconducting technology and modern electronic components of high-frequency generators.

All the idiots who think fusion research is a waste of time can go shove their worthless luddite opinions where the sun don't shine.
    Rmf
    Rmf

Post  Rmf Mon May 30, 2016 7:34 pm

fusion doesnt work here on earth with no weight limitations and power requirements , yet alone in space ... ha ha ha
    why do they spew this b.s. and why do people fall for it is beyond me... power is main obstacle to any space propulsion not the type of propulsion, and somehow many just say meh its nothing...
    imagine nuclear submarine pulling all the water going trough propeller behind it (as reaction mass). it would get nowhere. once you add reaction mass ,cooling mass , generator mass, it just piles up and youre stuck...
    correction of orbits or accelerating very small probes for years using solar panels is one thing but this is stupid.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon May 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Won't quote you RMF because I know you're probably on everyone's ignore list by now. But you do know that the nation who's R&D you idolize so much has been putting ridiculous amounts of money into the creation of fusion type reactors and power sources, right? So much so in-fact that LM has come out and made the ridiculous claim that they will have an operational Cold Fusion reactor by ~2020 or thereabouts. But hey, two sets of rules for two different nations am I right? I'm sure you think what they're doing is fantastic and has massive potential.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon May 30, 2016 9:46 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:Won't quote you RMF because I know you're probably on everyone's ignore list by now. But you do know that the nation who's R&D you idolize so much has been putting ridiculous amounts of money into the creation of fusion type reactors and power sources, right? So much so in-fact that LM has come out and made the ridiculous claim that they will have an operational Cold Fusion reactor by ~2020 or thereabouts. But hey, two sets of rules for two different nations am I right? I'm sure you think what they're doing is fantastic and has massive potential.

Most probably Russians found the way to overcome VASIMR negatives, Then those 39 days to Mars seems to be in line what NASA was claiming. Maybe thermoelectric reactor to provide with electrical energy?

anyway then mission on Moon - cheaper transport there and back, and to Mars or maybe jupiter can be possible...

and talking about plasma:

In Russia plan to launch the world's most powerful laser installation

MOSCOW, may 30 — RIA Novosti. First world's most powerful laser system the UV-2M will launch in Sarov (Nizhny Novgorod region) at the end of 2017, said Director of the Russian Federal nuclear center — all-Russian research Institute of experimental physics (Sarov) Valentin Kostyukov on the forum "ATOMEXPO-2016".

Construction is on schedule, created at the same time the technological equipment, he said.
    According to Kostyukova, 95% in the laser unit will be used Russian technology.
    Laser system of new generation intended for fundamental research in physics of high energy densities, including the use of laser thermonuclear fusion energy. The UV-2M will have a dual purpose, one of which is military. Experiments in the physics of hot dense plasma and high energy density, which are held on this kind of installations can be focused on the creation of thermonuclear weapons. The second direction and energy. Laser nuclear fusion can be used to develop energy of the future.
    At a meeting of the scientific and technical Council of the nuclear weapons complex of Rosatom, the developers of the installation noted that the creation of the UV-2M is important for research into new energy sources, explore states of matter, experiments for modeling and designing of new types of nuclear weapons

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160530/1440663584.html#ixzz4AAYN4xyY
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 31, 2016 9:26 am

Yeah, fusion does not work on earth... I guess all those bombs that use hydrogen are not real...
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue May 31, 2016 10:21 am

GarryB wrote:Yeah, fusion does not work on earth... I guess all those bombs that use hydrogen are not real...

ekhm this laser is on Earth Shocked
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:47 am

ekhm this laser is on Earth

I know... and fusion bombs set off by fisson triggers also have been set off on earth and underground...
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Rockot rumbles off from Russia, carrying GEO-IK Geodesy Satellite

http://spaceflight101.com/rockot-geo-ik-2-no-2-launch/
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:49 am

ILS PROTON SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHES THE INTELSAT 31 SATELLITE

Peter B. de Selding @pbdes 12:31 AM - 9 Jun 2016

Today's Proton launch is 1st for the vehicle's Phase 4 upgraded version, which adds 150 kg to Proton's performance to GTO.

Peter B. de Selding @pbdes 12:33 AM - 9 Jun 2016

ILS VP John Palme: Proton Phase 4 upgrade = lighter-weight, high-strength metallic structures & high-precision tooling for optimized design.

Peter B. de Selding ‏@pbdes 12:37 AM - 9 Jun 2016

Why upgrade Proton w/ new-generation Angara family waiting in wings? Because Proton rocket'll remain active for another decade, ILS says.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:45 pm

http://www.angstrem.ru/angstrem-group/pressa/news/news_164.html

Russia will manufacture space-hardened electronics for India's space program.

Some claim Russia has no such capacity or capability. Underestimating Russia is some sort of pandemic.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:17 am

Thank you KVS. That can finally put an end to this.

PS, I am sending you a PM, I got some matters I would like to discuss.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:19 am

ESA, Roscosmos to sign cooperation agreement on Russian satellites

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/science/883569
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:13 am

Work of Russia’s RadioAstron space observatory extended till late 2018

RadioAstron comprises a space radio-telescope mounted on the Spektr-R satellite orbited in 2011 and a network of ground-based radio-telescopes

MOSCOW, June 21. /TASS/. Russia’s state space corporation Roscosmos has decided to extend the work of RadioAstron space observatory until the end of 2018, according to a press release of the Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences obtained by TASS on Tuesday.

"We’re glad to share the news that Roscosmos has extended the work of RadioAstron until the end of 2018," the press release said.

According to the Lebedev Physical Institute, the fourth year of the Russian space observatory’s open program of observations will begin in July 2016. During the past period, 11 projects were selected for implementation.

"The leaders of applications accepted for implementation are three representatives of Russia, two from the Netherlands and one from Spain, Japan, South Africa and the United States each. As many as about 155 persons are the co-authors of the applications and represent 19 countries. The largest number of the applications' co-authors comes from Russia, followed by the United States, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Italy and others," the press release said.

RadioAstron comprises a space radio-telescope mounted on the Spektr-R satellite orbited in 2011 and a network of ground-based radio-telescopes.

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/science/883705
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:43 pm

Russia to Publish Catalog Disclosing US Military Satellites

If US can publish ours, then Russia can publish theirs.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:39 pm

The number of nodes of "Angara" can migrate to the latest rocket "Phoenix"

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/science/20160623/1449834933.html#ixzz4Cii4N7YJ

MOSCOW, June 23 — RIA Novosti, Alexander Kovalev. The number of fulfilled nodes and components of media type "Angara" will go to the newest Russian rocket "Phoenix", said in an interview with RIA Novosti General Director of the state space Center Khrunichev Andrew Kalinowski.
    General Director of state Corporation for space activities of Roscosmos Igor Komarov. Archive photo

"In cooperation with someone in the project "Phoenix" will participate. Today the situation is such that one design Bureau to raise such a complex project from scratch is inefficient. Therefore, we will create with the consolidation of the efforts of several engineering schools, which will give positive results both temporary and financial. We are willing to use tried and tested at the "Hangar" experience. Some hosts will surely go with "Angara" and "the Phoenix," said Kalinowski.
    The new missile is planned to create by 2025, the efforts of cooperation of the leading Russian space enterprises. For the development of the "Phoenix" plan to spend almost 30 billion rubles. The media will output to low-earth orbit of up to 17 tonnes payload, including, for the manned program, and in geostationary orbit (with booster) — up to 2.5 tons. The "Phoenix" should be the first step of the prospective super-heavy rocket.

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/science/20160623/1449834933.html#ixzz4CiiOv87b

Russian rocket  "Phoenix" can get the engine tested Atlas American

Previously, the TASS source in the space industry reported that the Phoenix can use the RD-171 engines, which are on the media, "Zenit"
    MOSCOW, June 10. /TASS/. Developed in Russia, the rocket middle class "Phoenix" can get the RD-180 engine - the same used in the American media Atlas, the CEO of Issuer rocket engines NPO "Energomash" Igor Arbuzov.
    "As the RD-180 has great practice of using foreign carriers, it would be unwise not to consider this experience for the Russian launch vehicles, so it is most likely that the engine will be installed on new Russian carrier rocket "Phoenix", - said Arbuzov, whose words are included in the corporate edition of the "Energomash".
    "Phoenix" is planned to create by 2025, to develop a new launch vehicle will spend nearly 30 billion rubles. The media will output to low-earth orbit of up to 17 tonnes payload, including the manned program, and in geostationary orbit (with booster) - up to 2.5 tons. The "Phoenix" should be the first step of the prospective super-heavy rocket.
    Previously, the TASS source in the space industry reported that the Phoenix can use the RD-171 engines, which are on the vehicles "Zenith".

Подробнее на ТАСС:
    http://tass.ru/kosmos/3355241
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:42 pm

In Roskosmos plan to expand the constellation of remote sensing satellites with 8 to 23
    06.28.2016 12:29:57

Moscow. June 28. Interfax-AVN - Within the framework of the Federal Space Program (FCP) 2016-2025 it is planned to increase the constellation of eight Earth remote sensing (ERS) satellites to 23, the Federal Space Agency said Tuesday. "

"By 2025 it is planned to increase the constellation of eight satellites (in 2015) to 23 satellites orbital constellation means of remote sensing will greatly reduce the dependence of the Russian Federation on the use of foreign space data and simultaneously fulfill international obligations in the field of global hydro-meteorological observation." - Said in the text of the provisions of the French Communist Party 2016-2025, posted on the website of the state corporation.

It says that the expansion of the constellation of remote sensing capability improves the reliability of short-term forecasts in the region and increase the frequency of the data on the state of the surrounding built-up areas, suburban areas and rural settlements, the construction of roads, the state of the surrounding forests.

"In addition, space remote sensing systems are able to provide the creation of inventories of natural resources, the definition of places and scope of emergencies, monitoring ice conditions in the Arctic," - said in a press release.

The text also says that the spacecraft hydrometeorological support "Meteor-M" planned installation target apparatus COSPAS-SARSAT.
    COSPAS-SARSAT - international satellite search and rescue system designed for distress and personal location beacons and beacons installed on board ships and aircraft in the event of emergencies.

Ra mp le en
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Roscosmos will develop sample of a reusable first stage booster

MOSCOW, 29 Jun — RIA Novosti. Roscosmos is ready to proceed to the creation of the flight model, the return of the first stage of the carrier rocket, the Khrunichev center, assembled a team of specialists, writes the newspaper "Izvestia".
    According to the principal designer of the Roscosmos space missile system, Alexander Medvedev, the company has recreated the Department for reusable launch vehicles.
    "It happened just a month ago. To work there we invited people who were created in his time "Buran". The Department is headed by Paul A. the Lehov, one of the designers of the system "Energy-Buran", — leads edition of the words of principal designer.

The center Khrunichev designs winged first stage that can return to the spaceport like a plane and land on the runway. Medvedev is convinced that Russia returned the first stage with wings coming out is the best option.
    As explained by the chief designer of the Russian space Agency for space rocket complexes, the work on the return of the first stage of the center is already about 20 years old, in 2001 was introduced the first prototype system "Baikal".
    The first stage of the rocket is the most expensive to produce: there are boosters that determine the media. The cost of the engines is can be up to $ 70 million.

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/science/20160629/1454001287.html#ixzz4Cxiwup1Y

Laser ignition of rocket engines was included in "100 best inventions of Russia"

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/science/20160628/1453783262.html#ixzz4CxjLEHfP

Austin wrote:In Roskosmos plan to expand the constellation of remote sensing satellites with 8 to 23

so now Free Beacons can be better surveilled  Smile
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:17 am

Russia’s Progress cargo spacecraft re-docked to ISS

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/science/885907

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:51 pm