Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Japanese Air Force

    Share
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2945
    Points : 2970
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  max steel on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:33 pm

    Japan's first stealth fighter unveiled


    Japan is very capable of making their own advanced fighter & engines . But it's a tech demonstrator not a real combat plane even for a tech demonstrator it's quite comprehensive.

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5952
    Points : 5987
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Mitsubishi ATD-X experimental aircraft

    Post  Militarov on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:06 pm



    X-2 "Shinshin"
    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1251
    Points : 1265
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:32 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"The U.S. State Department has approved the sale of three unmanned drones worth $1.2 billion to Japan, the Pentagon said Friday. Lawmakers have 15 days to block the sale, although such action is rare. Once the deal has cleared that hurdle, Japan and the U.S. government can negotiate the actual sale. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency, which oversees foreign arms sales, told lawmakers the government of Japan had asked to buy three Global Hawk drones including parts and logistical support.



    The drones “will significantly enhance Japan’s intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities and help ensure that Japan is able to continue to monitor and deter regional threats,” the agency said in a notice to lawmakers that was posted on its website. Japan has long been mired in a territorial dispute with China over a group of tiny, uninhabited East China Sea islands. In the South China Sea, Japan has been helping build the military capacity of friendly nations with claims to parts of the waterway.

    On Friday, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced that he may consider a request from the Philippines for large coast guard ships to patrol the South China Sea. The prime contractor on the deal would be Northrop Grumman Corp."

    Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/20/us-japan-drones-idUSKCN0T92B120151120#6UqxdWji4UJ7502X.97

    Wait, what, $1.2B for 3 drones that would mean each would cost $400m, unit cost is around $130~225m a pop, so with part and logistics the price almost doubled.

    So here's the thing, weren't UCAVs presented as a cheaper alternative compared to fighters, but from what i see you could probably buy one or two squadrons of SU-35s (even F-22s, please correct me if i am wrong) with that money. Shocked Suspect

    Well you know spare parts, maintenance crews training, operators training, ground stations, probably some additional diagnostic equipment and tools... it can grow alot. Also this is thing is supposed to be replacement for U-2 "Spy plane" (even tho there are quite significant issues with that replacement) so its not really UCAV since its not armed.'

    It has synthetic aperture radar, thermographic camera and optical sensors, and already common navigation and communication equipment. Its basically very big surveillance unmanned aircraft (big for fact its unmanned).


    In my opinion nothing is more overrated than UCAV. Simple RC models that kids used to play with them now rated as state of the art war machines.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5952
    Points : 5987
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Militarov on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:45 pm

    Hannibal Barca wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"The U.S. State Department has approved the sale of three unmanned drones worth $1.2 billion to Japan, the Pentagon said Friday. Lawmakers have 15 days to block the sale, although such action is rare. Once the deal has cleared that hurdle, Japan and the U.S. government can negotiate the actual sale. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency, which oversees foreign arms sales, told lawmakers the government of Japan had asked to buy three Global Hawk drones including parts and logistical support.



    The drones “will significantly enhance Japan’s intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities and help ensure that Japan is able to continue to monitor and deter regional threats,” the agency said in a notice to lawmakers that was posted on its website. Japan has long been mired in a territorial dispute with China over a group of tiny, uninhabited East China Sea islands. In the South China Sea, Japan has been helping build the military capacity of friendly nations with claims to parts of the waterway.

    On Friday, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced that he may consider a request from the Philippines for large coast guard ships to patrol the South China Sea. The prime contractor on the deal would be Northrop Grumman Corp."

    Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/20/us-japan-drones-idUSKCN0T92B120151120#6UqxdWji4UJ7502X.97

    Wait, what, $1.2B for 3 drones that would mean each would cost $400m, unit cost is around $130~225m a pop, so with part and logistics the price almost doubled.

    So here's the thing, weren't UCAVs presented as a cheaper alternative compared to fighters, but from what i see you could probably buy one or two squadrons of SU-35s (even F-22s, please correct me if i am wrong) with that money. Shocked Suspect

    Well you know spare parts, maintenance crews training, operators training, ground stations, probably some additional diagnostic equipment and tools... it can grow alot. Also this is thing is supposed to be replacement for U-2 "Spy plane" (even tho there are quite significant issues with that replacement) so its not really UCAV since its not armed.'

    It has synthetic aperture radar, thermographic camera and optical sensors, and already common navigation and communication equipment. Its basically very big surveillance unmanned aircraft (big for fact its unmanned).


    In my opinion nothing is more overrated than UCAV. Simple RC models that kids used to play with them now rated as state of the art war machines.

    Well there is huge difference between drones we buy for 100$ to play around and military UAVs. Materials, electronics, sensors..engines... and they have proven themself during last 3 decades as very powerful asset.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:56 pm

    Drones are only useful for intel and other than that they are means of bowback weapon when you use it like americans, kill 90%++ of civilians, those civilians wanting revange are joining terrorist groups and by that they are fueling the opposition forces they are fighting. War in assymmetrical setting can only be won by assymmetrical forces.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5952
    Points : 5987
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Militarov on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:20 am

    Werewolf wrote:Drones are only useful for intel and other than that they are means of bowback weapon when you use it like americans, kill 90%++ of civilians, those civilians wanting revange are joining terrorist groups and by that they are fueling the opposition forces they are fighting. War in assymmetrical setting can only be won by assymmetrical forces.

    Well Israelis used UAVs with very high rate of success. Also they can be made into various EW platforms, communication relays and there are as you know 5-6 classes of recon-intel gathering UAVs. When its about armed, strike UCAVs i find them very useful as support asset, not real strike platform, noone expects them to win war for you, but they surely can help you alot. Not to mention the fact they are alot cheaper to buy and operate than conventional aircraft and can stay alot longer up there. As everything they have drawbacks but i wouldnt dismiss them like that.

    Also in future we can expect them to be used as payload transport, who knows maybe even medievac, anti submarine...
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:06 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Drones are only useful for intel and other than that they are means of bowback weapon when you use it like americans, kill 90%++ of civilians, those civilians wanting revange are joining terrorist groups and by that they are fueling the opposition forces they are fighting. War in assymmetrical setting can only be won by assymmetrical forces.

    Well Israelis used UAVs with very high rate of success. Also they can be made into various EW platforms, communication relays and there are as you know 5-6 classes of recon-intel gathering UAVs. When its about armed, strike UCAVs i find them very useful as support asset, not real strike platform, noone expects them to win war for you, but they surely can help you alot. Not to mention the fact they are alot cheaper to buy and operate than conventional aircraft and can stay alot longer up there. As everything they have drawbacks but i wouldnt dismiss them like that.

    Also in future we can expect them to be used as payload transport, who knows maybe even medievac, anti submarine...

    Success in what? Serveillance or killer drones where even more radicall than the US absolutley everything that gets murdered is classified as a terrorist?

    UCAV's do not have any use nor are they any way successful in ASSYMETRICAL warfare, that is murder and always murder, the majority are always civilians and that is beneficial to the jews because they want the entire land and no two state solution and a genocide and reduciton of population is what they have been doing and pursuing all those years there is no sign whatsoever for trying to handle the situation for both sides they want all and more for them only and kill every non white ashkenazi/khazar even ethiopian black jews are subject to genocide by birthcontrol.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5952
    Points : 5987
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Militarov on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:08 am



    "Mitsubishi’s prototype X-2, also known as the Advanced Technology Demonstrator-X (ATD-X), serial 51-0001, appears to be close to making its first flight after video emerged of taxi trials today. Having been rolled out on July 12, 2014, the maiden flight has been a while in coming. With the F-15 being replaced by the F-22 in US Air Force service, the Raptor naturally became the preferred choice to succeed the F-15J in Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) service too. However, a ban on export of the F-22 issued by US Congress prevented its acquisition even by America’s closest alleys. This forced Japan to initiate its own studies for a modern, ‘fifth-generation’ fighter, which could enter service as the F-3 after 2025. This was aided by experience gained with the Mitsubishi F-2 project, which has given Japanese aerospace industry the confidence to embark on such an ambitious project.

    The X-2 has been undergoing ground tests since its roll-out. It features a prominent canopy with at least the option to include a second crewmember in the cockpit. The next and probably most noticeable feature is a three-dimensional thrust-vectoring capability. Similar to the system used by the Rockwell X-31, thrust is controlled via three paddles on each engine nozzle."




    Source: http://www.combataircraft.net/view_article.asp?ID=9433&pubID=49&t=0&s=0&sO=both&p=1&i=10
    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Zivo on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:58 am









    Weird, it has three paddle TVC like the X-31. My initial praises, it has twin engines, emphasis on maneuverability, and it looks really economical which is a big plus. My criticisms, the nose and inlets look too small.

    It doesn't fit that "six gen hype" the Japanese made, regardless, it'll be another interesting project to follow.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5952
    Points : 5987
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Militarov on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:58 pm

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3988
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:10 pm

    Zivo wrote:







    Weird, it has three paddle TVC like the X-31. My initial praises, it has twin engines, emphasis on maneuverability, and it looks really economical which is a big plus. My criticisms, the nose and inlets look too small.

    It doesn't fit that "six gen hype" the Japanese made, regardless, it'll be another interesting project to follow.

    It also looks like a very early proof of concept, the plane looks way too "light".
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11579
    Points : 12050
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  George1 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:31 am

    Japan Successfully Tests Fifth Generation Stealth Jet

    Japan has successfully carried out the first test of its stealth jet.

    TOKYO (Sputnik) – The plane took off from Nagoya Airfield (Komaki Airport) in Aichi Prefecture at around 08:50 a.m. local time on Friday (23:50 GMT on Thursday) and landed safely at Gifu Air Field in Gifu Prefecture at 09:13 a.m. (00:13 GMT), Defense Ministry Program Manager Hirofumi Doi told Bloomberg by phone.

    Japan is now the fourth nation, after the United States, Russia and China to test fly its own stealth jet.

    The plane cost about $366 million to develop, according to Japan’s Defense Ministry. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. led the developers' team.

    According to Doi, the ministry will study data from the Friday test flight and decide on further developments of the fifth generation stealth fighter.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160422/1038420111/japan-tests-fifthgen-jet.html#ixzz46XRPMdzF
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5952
    Points : 5987
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Militarov on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:31 pm





    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2945
    Points : 2970
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  max steel on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:32 am

    Why did Japan just build a stealth fighter jet?

    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1251
    Points : 1265
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:15 pm

    What is this crap? This looks more like a jet trainer than an air superiority fighter. Joke. Even F-35 looks competent next to this.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5952
    Points : 5987
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Militarov on Wed May 25, 2016 11:26 am

    "Kawasaki Heavy Industries has announced the successful first flight of third prototype Kawasaki C-2 (68-1203) military transport aircraft in May 17, 2016 (Tuesday).

    The first flight will take off the Gifu base to 11 pm 28 minutes of May 17 (Tuesday), return to Gifu base after making a flight of three hours, was safely landed.

    The Kawasaki C-2 (previously C-X) is a mid-size, twin-turbofan engine, long range, high speed military transport aircraft being developed by Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) for the Japan Air Self-Defense Force(JASDF).





    The C-2 has a payload capacity of 37.6 t. It is worth noting that the older C-1 can carry only 10 t and C-130 Hercules – 19 t. The C-2 has similar dimensions and payload capacity to the Airbus A400M. It will be used to transport troop, drop supplies and perform medical evacuation. It can carry about 120 troops, or 8 standard air cargo pallets or one UH-60J helicopter. It has a rear loading ramp that can open in flight.
    "

    It actually looks very promising to me.

    Source: http://defence-blog.com/news/in-japan-hosted-the-first-flight-of-third-prototype-of-kawasaki-c-2.html
    avatar
    airstrike

    Posts : 133
    Points : 133
    Join date : 2016-07-13

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  airstrike on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:03 am

    Lockheed Martin and Japan roll out first F-35A for the Japan Air Self Defense Force

    http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/24/lockheed-martin-and-japan-roll-out-first-f-35a-for-the-japan-air-self-defense-force/
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5952
    Points : 5987
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Militarov on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:45 pm

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11579
    Points : 12050
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  George1 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:55 am

    The new Japanese aircraft of electronic intelligence

    Japanese spotters report that in early February 2018 at the Japanese Gifu air base, a prototype of the RC-2 radio-and-radio reconnaissance aircraft, created for the Air Force of Japan's self-defense, was also photographed at the Japanese airbase (also denoted C-2 ELINT) on the basis of a new Japanese medium military transport aircraft Kawasaki C-2. The prototype RC-2 was converted from the second flight prototype HS-2 (board number 18-1202, serial number 002, the first flight in January 2011) belonging to the flight-test aircraft wing of the Air Force of Japan's Self-Defense in Gifu.



    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3085588.html

    Sponsored content

    Re: Japanese Air Force

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:57 am