Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Japanese Air Force WW2 planes

pampa14
    Corporal
    Corporal

The Japanese battlehorse

Post  pampa14 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:30 am

Although with certain disabilities, the Mitsubishi G4M was one of the pillars of the Japanese Air Force, especially during the early years of WW2, collecting numerous victories in many bombing missions. The following link provides a full report with a lot of pictures and information about this amazing bomber. I hope you enjoy it and I count on your visit.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/mitsubishi-g4m-betty.html

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Japanese Air Force WW2 planes

Post  GarryB on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 am

Most westerners underestimate the Japanese military power in the late 1930s... if the US had not cracked their communications codes things could have taken a lot longer and perhaps even gone differently.

Many of their naval attack planes were excellent and rather better than planes the allies used at the time.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

pampa14
    Corporal
    Corporal

Japanese Air Force WW2 planes

Post  pampa14 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:03 pm

The Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka was a rocket powered human-guided anti-shipping kamikaze attack plane, using as a platform, the bomber Mitsubishi G4M Betty. The following link shows a report and some photos this weapon, employed by Japan towards the end of World War II. I hope you enjoy.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/uma-bomba-kamikase.html

Cheers.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:39 pm

pampa14 wrote:The Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka was a rocket powered human-guided anti-shipping kamikaze attack plane, using as a platform, the bomber Mitsubishi G4M Betty. The following link shows a report and some photos this weapon, employed by Japan towards the end of World War II. I hope you enjoy.

Cheers.
    It has always been one of my favorite "aircraft" designs of WW2. Literally a manned cruise missile. 

Not the most "humanitarian" solution, but...

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Mike E wrote:
    pampa14 wrote:The Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka was a rocket powered human-guided anti-shipping kamikaze attack plane, using as a platform, the bomber Mitsubishi G4M Betty. The following link shows a report and some photos this weapon, employed by Japan towards the end of World War II. I hope you enjoy.

Cheers.
    It has always been one of my favorite "aircraft" designs of WW2. Literally a manned cruise missile. 

Not the most "humanitarian" solution, but...

That was a bit much for the allies of WW2. Instead they opted for pigeons, dolphins, and dogs for explosive results... Twisted Evil

pampa14
    Corporal
    Corporal

Kawasaki Ki-100

Post  pampa14 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:45 pm

I share with you the link below containing a collection of photos, including a rare photo of an airplane captured and with USAAF markings, of the Japanese fighter Kawasaki Ki-100, recognized by many as one of the best, if not the best Japanese fighter designed and built during WW2. Does Ki-100 deserves the fame? What do you think? Visit the link below, see the photos and give your opinion. I hope you enjoy.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/kawasaki-ki-100-goshikisen.html

Cheers.

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:38 pm

From what i've read it was an excellent fighter, but far too little and far too late by that time (entered combat summer 1945). Coming in 1943 might have made a difference in the air - same as Ki-84, A6M8, A7M,  Shiden-kai, Raiden etc.

Btw, the picture with the american star is actually a Ki-84 not a Ki-100.

pampa14
    Corporal
    Corporal

A Japanese Me-109

Post  pampa14 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:18 pm

The link below provides a rare photo of a Me-109 used by Japan, with the mark of the Rising Sun emblazoned on the fuselage. Does anyone know if Japan used German fighters in combat? The link also features a selection of photos unimaginable for the High Command of the Luftwaffe at the beginning of WW2, see their powerful Me-109 and Fw-190 fighters captured and tested with allied markings. To view all photos, visit the link below:

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/uma-visao-incomum-para-luftwaffe.html

Cheers.

Godric
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Godric on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:45 pm

pampa14 wrote:
    The link below provides a rare photo of a Me-109 used by Japan, with the mark of the Rising Sun emblazoned on the fuselage. Does anyone know if Japan used German fighters in combat? The link also features a selection of photos unimaginable for the High Command of the Luftwaffe at the beginning of WW2, see their powerful Me-109 and Fw-190 fighters captured and tested with allied markings. To view all photos, visit the link below:

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/uma-visao-incomum-para-luftwaffe.html

Cheers.

the germans did give the Japanese plans for many of their aircraft and japan copied or modified their design the Japanese developed some inline aircraft based on plans of the Me109 and they put into action their modified version of the JU-88 the Germans also gave them plans for their ME262 jet fighter and Me163 comet the japs developed their own modified version of the 262 I don't know if it saw combat

Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:07 am

The Japanese copy of Me-262 was called Nakajima J9Y Kikka and it never saw combat. Only one aircraft flew and only once, shortly before the end of the war. The fighter was meant (like Me-262) to be a destroyer of bombers but it's specifications were worse than Me-262, chiefly 200 km/h lower max speed The Japanese fighter did not have swept wings.

pampa14
    Corporal
    Corporal

The japanese sword jet

Post  pampa14 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:11 pm

I share with you this full report about the Japanese fighter jet Mitsubishi J8M, an effort to combat the growing advance of Allied bombers over Japan. Through the link below you will find a lot of information, photos, some rare and never seen by me before, details and in addition, diagrams and views. All this you can find by visiting the link below:

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/j8m-espada-jato-japonesa.html

Best Regards!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:35 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:35 pm