http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-spies-scandal-idUSKCN0ZU26L

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Intelligence Services: News & Discussion

Post  Austin on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:28 am

CIA director: Putin is 'misguided'

By Rudy Takala (@RudyTakala) • 7/29/16 8:46 PM
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cia-director-putin-is-misguided/article/2598201

Russian President Vladimir Putin is better at thinking tactically than strategically, CIA Director John Brennan said on Friday, as indicated by actions in Ukraine and Syria.

Asked at the Aspen Security Forum to judge whether Putin is more of a tactical or strategic thinker, Brennan said, "He's a misguided thinker," but that if he needed to pick one, "He's on the tactical side of the thinking arena."

"What we try to do in the intelligence community, whether it's Putin or someone else, [is that] we try to identify what are the factors, what are the drivers behind his actions. What are the considerations behind what he's trying to achieve?" Brennan said.

"You look at Ukraine. It was an emotional reaction there. He was very concerned that Ukraine was drifting westward, it was going to join the EU and NATO or whatever, and he was going to stop it at whatever cost. So he was able to go into Crimea and basically annex it, and take control of the separatists in the Eastern part of Ukraine," Brennan added.

"Sanctions are still in place against Russia. It continues to face serious economic problems. We're no closer to having a solution inside of Ukraine. Where does he go from here? He's hoping that over time, the West and Europe and the U.S. are going to get tired of the sanctions regime. No."

"He moved into Syria … with major military force to stop the collapse of the Assad regime," Brennan noted. "Where is he going from here? What is he going to do in terms of the political steps … so that he can preserve his interests? Syria is by the far most complicated issue I've ever had to deal with in my national security career, bar none, because there are so many external, internal actors, so many factors, a lot of our objectives are in direct tension with one another."

"I see Putin playing checkers here when this really is a five-dimensional chess game, and you really need to be very careful and deliberative in how you move your pieces," Brennan opined. "I don't see Putin doing that. I think he's used brute force whether you're talking about Ukraine or talking about Syria, and he's hoping the chips are going to fall in the right place."

"I think he's been able to achieve a fair amount of tactical progress, but in the longer term effort, my money's still on the United States," he concluded.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:35 am

A CIA director talking about Putin and saying America is still #1.

Fucking stupid.  Actually, Russia outdone and outsmarted USA and CIA in Syria and Ukraine.  Because of that, this Brennan guy is lashing out.  In every sense of the word, Putin has outdone the west. This is the same guy overseeing all those pathetic fools getting arrested in Russia that are CIA agents:

Brennan is trying to keep his job, in the current wake of all these issues coming up with America's piss poor foreign policy that is continuously failing. See Turkey.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:53 am

When all those WMDs from Iraq turn up in the Ukraine then we will have red faces...

To judge Putin... look at where Russia was when he entered office and add EU sanctions and western hostility and a global economic recession and look at where they are now and you have to say he has done a much better job than any western politician...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Russia says spyware found in state computer networks

Russia's intelligence service said on Saturday that the computer networks of 20 organizations, including state agencies and defense companies, have been infected with spyware in what it described as a targeted and coordinated attack.

The Federal Security Service, the FSB, said the malware and the way the networks were infected were similar to those used in previous cases of cyber espionage found in Russia and other countries. The agency did not say who it suspected of being behind the attacks.

"Information technology resources of government agencies, scientific and military institutions, defense industry companies and other entities involved in crucial infrastructure have been infected," the FSB said in a statement on its website.

The FSB's announcement follows reports of cyber attacks on the U.S. Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the fundraising committee for Democratic candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives.

Cyber security experts and U.S. officials have said there was evidence that Russia engineered the DNC hack to release sensitive party emails in order to influence the U.S. presidential election. The Kremlin has denied any involvement in the incident.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:10 pm

And this is why I demand that Russian government stops the fools from Sberbank and Rosneft and others buying western gear and start investing in domestic. Baikal and MCST both offer goods that works.

If they don't need some kind of super computer for daily tasks (word processing, which isn't as intensive as one may think), then MCST has offer that is great.

http://translate.google.com/translate?&ie=UTF-8&sl=&tl=en&u=http://sdelanounas.ru/

User 1592
    Private
    Private

U.S. - Russia cyber-warfare

Post  User 1592 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:17 am

"A cyber-spying virus was found in the networks of about 20 organisations, the Federal Security Service (FSB) said."

"The malware allowed those responsible to switch on cameras and microphones within the computer, take screenshots and track what was being typed by monitoring keyboard strokes, the FSB said."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36933239

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:19 am

U.S. Intelligence Chief James Clapper Says Russia Sees Meddling in Election as Payback

Mr. Clapper also calls Russian President Vladimir Putin ‘paranoid’

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-intelligence-chief-james-clapper-says-russia-sees-meddling-in-election-as-payback-1469741326

By Damian Paletta
    July 28, 2016 5:28 p.m. ET
    32 COMMENTS

ASPEN, Colo.—Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Moscow views attempts to interfere in U.S. politics—including the November elections—essentially as payback for what the Kremlin sees as concerted efforts by the U.S. to influence elections in Russia.

He described Russian President Vladimir Putin as “paranoid.”

“Of course they see a U.S. conspiracy behind every bush and ascribe far more impact than we’re actually guilty of, but that’s their mind-set,” said Mr. Clapper, speaking at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado.

“And so I think their approach is they believe we are trying to influence political developments in Russia, trying to affect change, and so their natural response is to retaliate and do unto us as they think we’ve done unto them,” he said.

Mr. Clapper was careful to point out that U.S. intelligence agencies haven't reached a firm conclusion as to whether Russia or any other country was behind the recent computer breach that stole emails and other records from the Democratic National Committee. Close to 20,000 of those emails were released by WikiLeaks last week, a move that proved embarrassing to senior DNC officials because the emails showed party officials trying to undermine the candidacy of Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

“We all know there are just a few usual suspects out there. But in terms of the process that we try to stick to, I don’t think we’re ready to make a public call yet,” Mr. Clapper said.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Wednesday that Russia doesn't interfere in the elections of other nations, according to Russian news agencies.

Mr. Clapper said he wouldn’t offer any opinion on GOP candidate Donald Trump’s recent comments on foreign policy, particularly U.S. ties with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the development of nuclear weapons in Asia. But he did say that he has heard concerns from his counterparts overseas based on rhetoric on the campaign trail.

“I can say with some authority that such statements, such rhetoric are very bothersome to our foreign interlocutors, our foreign partners,” he said. “I hear that from my counterparts, intelligence and security colleagues in many other countries who take very, very seriously and study very, very closely what political figures in this country say. And it is a worry to them, it really is,” he said.

“I’ll just let it go at that,” Mr. Clapper said, “I think it’s legitimate for me to report what I’m hearing from foreign partners.”

Mr. Clapper also said his U.S. intelligence officials would soon offer intelligence briefings to both presidential campaigns, a tradition that dates back to the Truman administration.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:21 am

If such things happens US is always the first to be accussed. They are known and factually in bed with all major computer companies aswell software developers. Windows 10 does exactly the same thing and monitors everything you type. They are in bed long time with google, apple, microsoft and hundred other companies so if anyone did it it was done via this route.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:45 am

This is just speculation based on what the west does.

This article tells you more about the US than it does about Putin or Russia.

To be honest I really don't think these so called western experts understand Russia or Putin at all... they call them enemy and threat, but at the end of the day when they go against the wests wishes it is generally because of their own interests.

I can't remember the last time Russia did something against the west in spite for no reason or interest.

On the other hand the list of the wests nastiness and spite is enormous....

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:14 pm

Hillary Officially Accuses Russia Of Hacking DNC As Assange Says She Conspired To "Subvert An Election"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-31/hillary-officially-accuses-russia-hacking-dnc

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:35 pm

The NSA claimed it would be hacking the "Russian hackers" who supposedly stole the DNC emails. Since Russians
    were never involved with these hacks, this malware attack is 100% the NSA's handiwork. A collection of bitter, lying
    clowns who tear the hair off their asses every day over Russia existing and not bowing to their will.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:48 am

Austin wrote:Hillary Officially Accuses Russia Of Hacking DNC As Assange Says She Conspired To "Subvert An Election"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-31/hillary-officially-accuses-russia-hacking-dnc

Good for her. It sure isn't getting the minds of Americans off of the content of the leaks.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:11 am

All these hacking accusations are utter retardation. Recall the "climategate" "scandal" where the emails of
    atmospheric science researchers were hacked and then some parts were taken out of context and used to
    "discredit" the researchers. Does anyone recall the theft through hacking being the main issue? I don't. All I
    recall was the alleged CONTENT being discussed and the issue of interest.

Now we have the total opposite response. The serious content of the emails is ignored and the main
    discussion is about the hacking. Of course without any proof the "criminals" are Russia itself and not
    even private Russian citizens. This is obscene, grotesque and sick. F*ck you America and your
    degenerate Orwellian mass media and politicians.

Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Project Canada on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:05 am

kvs wrote:All these hacking accusations are utter retardation.   Recall the "climategate" "scandal" where the emails of
    atmospheric science researchers were hacked and then some parts were taken out of context and used to
    "discredit" the researchers.   Does anyone recall the theft through hacking being the main issue?  I don't.  All I
    recall was the alleged CONTENT being discussed and the issue of interest.  

Now we have the total opposite response.   The serious content of the emails is ignored and the main
    discussion is about the hacking.   Of course without any proof the "criminals" are Russia itself and not
    even private Russian citizens.   This is obscene, grotesque and sick.   F*ck you America and your
    degenerate Orwellian mass media and politicians.

Yes, your thoughts reflect the same frustrations I have in mind. Sometimes I get too fed up with American hypocrisy I just give myself a time off and stop following these kinds of developments for a while. I really wish America will get what it deserves in the very near future.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:10 am

I think with Hillary Clinton winning is all but a certainty as the system is now clearly rigged to make her win , She hating Russia and Putin , Russia-US relations are just bound to go much worse and clearly the next 4-8 years Russia and US wont see eye to eye under hillary on many issues.

I think we are long at long cold frosty winter in Russia-US relations , Sad i though Obama was worse for Russia but Clinton would be like Terrible many times over.

Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Project Canada on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:29 am

Austin wrote:I think with Hillary Clinton winning is all but a certainty as the system is now clearly rigged to make her win , She hating Russia and Putin , Russia-US relations are just bound to go much worse and clearly the next 4-8 years Russia and US wont see eye to eye under hillary on many issues.

I think we are long at long cold frosty winter in Russia-US relations , Sad i though Obama was worse for Russia but Clinton would be like Terrible many times over.

The only good point i see with the Democrats in power is the acceleration of America's Multiculturalization which is a very favorable scenario long term Very Happy

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:39 am

FULL & EXTENDED INTERVIEW: Julian Assange on NBC's "Meet The Press" | July 31,

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 pm

As Russia reasserts itself, U.S. intelligence agencies focus anew on the Kremlin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/as-russia-reasserts-itself-us-intelligence-agencies-focus-anew-on-the-kremlin/2016/09/14/cc212c62-78f0-11e6-ac8e-cf8e0dd91dc7_story.html

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 pm

MOSCOW, September 19 -. RIA Novosti A possible solution to create a single state security ministry will form a "strong fist" of the Russian special services, but a return to the KGB model, in addition to the advantages in the form of an effective management system and operational tasks, has a number of drawbacks, consider experts simplification RIA Novosti on Monday.

Media reported on plans to build in the Russian Ministry of State Security
    So they commented Post "newspaper Kommersant ", which, citing its own sources told about the plans for a large-scale reform of the security and law enforcement agencies. It was pointed out that on the basis of the FSB may be created by the Ministry of State Security, which will also include the Federal Security Service and the Foreign Intelligence Service.

Association of Russian secret services under the auspices of "supervedomstva" will help to build a tough and effective control system, but the move would deprive the president of Russia to diversify sources of information on security, says the chief editor of " National Defense " Igor Korotchenko.

"The possible creation of a centralized Ministry of State Security - is, in fact, a return to the model of KGB of the USSR, when in one big intelligence agencies had intelligence, counterintelligence, and the whole system of internal security in the present, as we know, the Federal Security Service, the Foreign Intelligence Service and Federal Guard Service -.. Independent security services in If you create a single supervedomstva national security can be termed as the possible pros and cons of the possible ", - said Korochenko.

He said that the advantage is that centralization in the hands of all the areas and tasks to ensure national security, rigid chain of command, a unified personnel policy and agreed solution to all operational tasks. The main drawback of such a centralized model, according to experts, is the reduction of all the information provided by the head of the line security services of the state, to the same source.

Peskov commented posts on the establishment of the Ministry of State Security
    "Now each of the agencies - the Federal Security Service, the Foreign Intelligence Service and the Federal Security Service - is independent channels exit to the first person of the state with the ability to report directly Accordingly, the President of the Russian Federation has the ability to make certain decisions based on data from three intelligence services, rather than one, as it will be. in the version with the Ministry of State security ", - said the agency.

According Korochenko, the final choice in favor of a decision is likely to be conditional on "an analysis of external and internal threats and the possibility for their effective neutralization." The expert stressed that the judge about the real plans for the reorganization of the entire security system on the basis of newspaper publication prematurely.

President of the international anti-terror division veterans association "Alpha" Sergei Goncharov, in turn, said that the establishment of the State Security Ministry have a positive impact on the activities of the Russian secret services and will form the basis of their "strong fist", similar to the KGB.

"Frankly, in the days of the Soviet Union, the KGB system was one of the strongest intelligence services of the world - it is recognized by all the If and the truth will be made a fundamental decision to bring under one roof all the law enforcement agencies related to intelligence, we will get a strong fist, which will be clearly. and a clear coordination and unified leadership ", - Goncharov said.

According to him, the creation of a single ministry is very topical "in the difficult situation in which Russia is now."

"SVR conducts exploration, FSB - counterintelligence, border guards have a third direction, and one direction, as in days of the KGB, will greatly simplify their operation and eliminate confusion between the heads of these institutions", - the expert said.

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Short version is the FSB (Federal Security Service), FSO (Federal Protection Service) and SVR (Foreign Intelligence Service) merge into one Service (Ministry). Basically all the groups from the old KGB back together.

Further parts of this talk is that the Federal Investigative Committee revert to control of the Ministry of Justice while the EMERCON Ministry would be broken up and divided between the Ministry of Interior (Fire and Rescue Services) and Ministry of Defense (Civil Defense).

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:45 am

Is it wise to return in such centralized system as in USSR era?? All modern countries have specialized secret services

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Only rumored talk so far.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:30 am

MOSCOW BLOG: Unveiling the KGB school of economic management

http://www.intellinews.com/moscow-blog-unveiling-the-kgb-school-of-economic-management-106489/

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:28 pm

President Vladimir Putin proposed to Sergey Naryshkin to head the Foreign Intelligence Service. The former director of the Foreign Intelligence Service Mikhail Fradkov will soon be promoted to the post of chairman of the Board of Directors of Russian Railways.

In the Kremlin, Vladimir Putin held a meeting with Naryshkin and Fradkov. "Previous years you headed the State Duma, was the speaker had worked the head of the presidential administration." - He said Naryshkin. "I want to offer you a job in the executive branch, to be more specific -. One of our leading special services I want to offer to lead the Foreign Intelligence Service", - said the president.

This structure for 9 years as head Fradkov. "It is, as we have established one of the records in the residence time in this post," - said Putin. "During this time of active service made a very big step in the direction of strengthening working in absolutely new conditions", - he praised and thanked Fradkov for his work. "Strictly speaking, you are a famous person:. And the minister were, and the Prime Minister, and now in this very important area their duty in the best possible way - said the president - And like you said, hope that all of your knowledge and skills They will be used for the benefit of the country, for the benefit of the State in the other place. "

Putin then turned back to Naryshkin: "You are well aware, as well, as we all do, in what situation we are now, how important the success of this service for a stable, secure development of our country, how important it is to time to stop threats arising in relation to Russia, to prevent their proliferation, but rather to act in such a way that they do not occur in the early stages to neutralize these threats, and of work on the positive, I mean cooperation with our partners in the main areas, particularly only the direction of the fight against terrorism, and, of course, through the provision of timely, high-quality, reliable information to the President, the Government of the Russian Federation, so that we can make adjusted, well-informed decisions in the interests of the Russian people. "By-elections in single-mandate Kingisepp district of Leningrad region can pass in 2017 in United Voting Day

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:51 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:51 am