Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+99
The-thing-next-door
GarryB
flamming_python
higurashihougi
JohninMK
Sprut-B
teh_beard
TMA1
11E
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
auslander
SeigSoloyvov
limb
Backman
lyle6
Rodion_Romanovic
lancelot
Nomad5891
Scorpius
PhSt
Arrow
Tingsay
LMFS
owais.usmani
Tsavo Lion
Big_Gazza
Vann7
Aristide
jhelb
Hole
PapaDragon
Kimppis
Airman
yavar
BKP
franco
Odin of Ossetia
Benya
miketheterrible
NationalRus
kingodthequeens
Cowboy's daughter
KoTeMoRe
KiloGolf
sweartome123
max steel
Karl Haushofer
Osobist
VladimirSahin
Rodinazombie
bmtppk
Zivo
zg18
Svyatoslavich
Hannibal Barca
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Cucumber Khan
Solncepek
Rmf
Khepesh
victor1985
par far
Dima
alexZam
kvs
Regular
Morpheus Eberhardt
Kyo
AlfaT8
Mike E
magnumcromagnon
F-15E
Trexonian
calripson
George1
collegeboy16
sepheronx
Viktor
zino
gaurav
Sujoy
Werewolf
Cyberspec
Austin
gloriousfatherland
TheArmenian
TR1
SOC
ahmedfire
CommunistPower
Firebird
Russian Patriot
Pervius
Admin
RuStepan
Turk1
Vladislav
103 posters

Vladimir Putin Thread

Dima
    Dima

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Vladimir Putin Thread

Post  Dima Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:02 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 CREIEacWUAAODDx

Ding dong!

I can only imagine what VVP was thinking......"We're about to have some naked Judo lessons back in my place...... Cool"
    Better put it as your own retarded thought...  Mad
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:07 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    max steel wrote:The Holy Ghost is making his presence felt - in thin disguise  lol1  thumbsup

Thousands of birds flying over new york merge to form vladimir putins face showing middle finger

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 Images10

I'm not going to lie, I LOL'd, it's looks just like VVP! lol1

I'm gonna match your Putin flock with this:

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 CR3LkVFUsAEhj9u
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Putin tops Forbes’ 2015 ranking of the World’s Most Powerful People for third year

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 1112933

In spite of Western sanctions and economic recession in Russia, Putin’s approval ratings reached a record high, Forbes said

MOSCOW, November 4. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin has topped Forbes’ 2015 ranking of the World’s Most Powerful People for the third year running. The annual ranking was published by the U.S. magazine on Wednesday.

In spite of Western sanctions and economic recession in Russia, Putin’s approval ratings reached a record high, Forbes said.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has taken the runner-up spot in the ranking, jumping up from last year’s fifth spot. U.S. President Barack Obama went down one spot to third on the list.

Besides Putin, three Russians were put on the list - the heads of the Russia’s state-run oil and gas giants Rosneft and Gazprom, Igor Sechin and Aleksey Miller, alongside tycoon Alisher Usmanov.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 am

Always practice safety pirat
    Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 CUEeso_VEAAzeYA
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Cyberspec wrote:Always practice safety  pirat
    Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 CUEeso_VEAAzeYA

Still doesn't top 'Bush condoms':

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 2067227925_f8d1c6d8ec
    sweartome123

Post  sweartome123 Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:05 pm

deleted

Last edited by sweartome123 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:32 pm

sweartome123 wrote:Here's something that annoys the shit out of me. Sorry if it has been previously discussed.

Whenever I talk to people (not on the internet) about Putin, many of them try to sell the "Putin bad-guy" myth by mentioning the murders of journalists. When I ask them to elaborate, they start spewing this crap that somehow Putin is directly responsible for the deaths of journalists. Some of these folks are very intelligent people, which troubles me. All they do is recite the garbage dished out by the media without giving a second thought. Even better, they try to make the case that Putin has eliminated free speech/press in Russia through these "assassinations" and media control. It's hard not to laugh, especially when they mention media control and propaganda, given that is what the United States exceeds at doing. I know this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone here, but I thought I'd add my two cents regarding this idiocy.

This is the power of the mass media. They can shape public opinion merely by insinuation. On this particular subject every NATO media outlet
    piece that I read or heard kept citing some obscure reports by NGOs. I checked one of these cited reports and they included statistics for all
    journalist deaths from any cause. So Russian journalists killed by jihadis in Chechnya were being counted against Putin. Also all the journalist
    deaths perpetrated by local mafias were being attributed to Putin as well. As if Putin was running these mafias. The deaths from accidents
    were being counted as "murders" as well. And the cherry on top of this turd cake was the fact that they were counting journalist deaths going
    back before Putin even took office as Prime Minister in 1999.

But the central pieces of this blood libel is the death of Politkovskaya. She was murdered on Putin's birthday so that automatically proved
    it was on Putin's orders and not a pathetic frame-smear attempt. It seems the NATO mass media does not do any investigative journalism
    anymore and the fact that Politkovskaya was free to repeat NATO propaganda about Chechnya inside Russia for over 8 years on Putin's watch
    without even being harassed somehow does figure into the motive part. For some reason Putin supposedly decided to off this 5th columnist
    just when she was fading into obscurity along with the war in Chechnya. Also, she was offed but none of the dozens of other "dissident"
    journalists who love to repeat the NATO line 24/7 on Chechnya were offed or even fired/intimidated from their jobs. So the murder of Politkovskaya
    achieves nothing other than to smear Putin. So the question of motive is key and Putin is not the prime suspect, but his virulent enemies are indeed
    the prime suspects.

The NATO media news "coverage" of Russian issues included the casting of the murder of Paul Khlebnikov, author of the book "Godfather of
    the Kremlin" about Boris Berezovsky, as one of Putin's victims. I bought this book and it is a damning indictment of Berezovsky. Berezovsky
    was a gangster oligarch who had connections to the Chechen mafia which he used in the mafia wars of the 1990s to seize businesses and
    murder opponents. The west (i.e. NATO) treated him as some sort of dissident hero and not a major criminal up there with Al Capone. He
    had the biggest motive to murder Khlebnikov and not Putin. In fact, Khlebnikov was not even engaged in spewing anti-Russian crap like
    Politkovskaya. It is interesting that Chechens were involved in the murder of both Khlebnikov and Politkovskaya. This is not an accident
    and they are more than likely associates of the Chechen mafia that was allied with Berezovsky during the 1990s. Berezovsky funneled money
    and weapons to the Chechen "rebels" as well. I can see him being able to find hitmen to perpetrate acts that would undermine Russia and
    the Putin "regime" quite easily.

A final note about the NATO media coverage of various intrigues in Russia is the apartment block bombings in 1999 that were supposedly
    the pretext for the invasion of Chechnya in 1999. This is tied to Litvinenko, another "victim of Putin". All coverage of this subject
    systematically omits the sequence of events in 1999 that led to the second Chechen war. Chechen Wahabbi warlords decided to invade
    Dagestan (a constituent republic of the Russian Federation and which did not experience the secession wars of the 1990s) in late
    spring of 1999. This invasion led to the death of 700 civilians and was beaten back by the Russian army in August of 1999. The apartment
    bombings happened in September of 1999 which is clearly long after the Wahabbi warlord invasion of Russia. So why the f*ck would Russia
    need them as a pretext to attack the Wahabbi nest in Chechnya?

We are led to believe by the NATO media that the FSB flashed ID cards at apartment residents who saw them in the basement area. This
    claim is just retarded. The FSB are not cops with badges. How would any citizen even recognize and FSB badge/card? Clearly these were
    not FSB but people who were planting the bombs both inside the basements and inside people's brains by creating a cover story. The
    ultimate objective is to smear Russia and give the western media enough BS content to run with. And did they ever run with it.

Too bad most people just aren't interested enough or don't have enough time to research these things. They give their media the benefit
    of the doubt.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:41 pm

sweartome123 wrote:Here's something that annoys the shit out of me. Sorry if this has been previously discussed.

Whenever I talk to people (not on the internet) about Putin, many of them try to sell the "Putin bad-guy" narrative by mentioning the murders of journalists. When I ask them to elaborate, they start spewing this crap that somehow Putin is directly responsible for the deaths of journalists. Some of these folks are very intelligent people, which troubles me. All they do is recite the garbage dished out by the media without giving a second thought. Even better, they try to make the case that Putin has eliminated free speech/press in Russia through these "assassinations" and media propaganda. It's hard not to laugh, especially when they mention media propaganda, given that is what the United States exceeds at doing. I know this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone here, but I thought I'd add my two cents regarding this idiocy.

Here in the US there's plenty of journalists people would cheer to see gunned down in the streets. My god, when Piers Morgan was going on with his anti-second amendment rants, people were sending him death threats. And it's not just the conservatives, liberals would love to see Rush Limbaugh or Bill O' Reilly beheaded. Etc.

People just need to be reminded that journalists have plenty of enemies. High profile murders are the last thing a state wants happening on their watch.

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:53 am

sweartome123 wrote:Here's something that annoys the shit out of me. Sorry if this has been previously discussed.

Whenever I talk to people (not on the internet) about Putin, many of them try to sell the "Putin bad-guy" narrative by mentioning the murders of journalists. When I ask them to elaborate, they start spewing this crap that somehow Putin is directly responsible for the deaths of journalists. Some of these folks are very intelligent people, which troubles me. All they do is recite the garbage dished out by the media without giving a second thought. Even better, they try to make the case that Putin has eliminated free speech/press in Russia through these "assassinations" and media propaganda. It's hard not to laugh, especially when they mention media propaganda, given that is what the United States exceeds at doing. I know this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone here, but I thought I'd add my two cents regarding this idiocy.

Look at the witnesses/people-involved who got "dissappeared" directly/indirectly after 11/9. For a country that proclaims itself to be the beacon of "Freedom" and "Democracy" you see lists like this and suddenly you're not so sure.

But I digress. The one, and only, point that KVS missed was Putin's war on the corporate and overseas owned "Russian" media broadcasters, which really came into effect after Chechenya 1999 when it was seen just how badly Western influence had infiltrated Russia's media. The outright lambasting of the troops and the government at a time when national morale was already at an all time low was deplorable. So of course it was time to rein them in, which, as Putin's powerbase grew, he went about doing (not by killing journalists mind you, but by re-establishing state control over many of the media facets). Of course this just added fuel to NATO's propaganda as Putin was "limiting freedom of speech" and "threatening Russia's fledgling democracy." All bulldust of course, he was simply cutting the balls off of the West's propaganda inside his country.
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:52 pm

IIRC, less journalists have been killed during Putin's tenure than Yeltsin's. And Putin has been in power for longer. Does anyone how many journalists have been killed in Russia, say, since 2010? I'd imagine those numbers would be quite a bit lower than before.

But yes, that's been the basic narrative in the western media since something like 2005. Putin is evil and a totalitarian dictator, who wants to recreate the Soviet Union (whatever that means) and now he has destroyed all "freedom" in Russia.

There are the three things that have been used very effectively in the russophobic propaganda:

1. The main/national TV channels are now mostly owned by the state -> So they have portrayed the whole thing in such a way that most people think Putin and the Kremlin now control all media in Russia. The internet, the newspapers, other TV channels, all those work for Putin now. Which, of course, is clearly not true, period.

Btw, why are those channels now owned mostly by the state (or whatever) anyway? To counter the 5th columnists and the western media? Why did they do that? What were their arguments? Are those channels really totally uncritical towards the Kremlin and Putin?

EDIT (I posted my comment before reading the previous post):
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    But I digress. The one, and only, point that KVS missed was Putin's war on the corporate and overseas owned "Russian" media broadcasters, which really came into effect after Chechenya 1999 when it was seen just how badly Western influence had infiltrated Russia's media. The outright lambasting of the troops and the government at a time when national morale was already at an all time low was deplorable. So of course it was time to rein them in, which, as Putin's powerbase grew, he went about doing (not by killing journalists mind you, but by re-establishing state control over many of the media facets). Of course this just added fuel to NATO's propaganda as Putin was "limiting freedom of speech" and "threatening Russia's fledgling democracy." All bulldust of course, he was simply cutting the balls off of the West's propaganda inside his country.

Right, that makes sense. Reminds me of Venezuela and the coup against Chavez.

But really, how "bad" are these state owned channels? Are they really that different from the likes of BBC?

2. The "gay propaganda laws" -> Now people think that homosexuality is illegal in Russia and Putin is directly behind all that.

3. And of course, the "invasions" of freedom loving Georgia and Ukraine.

It's all very effective. Russia as the west's "other", the Cold War stereotypes, the lack of Russian soft power (most people don't actually know anything about Russia).
    sweartome123

Post  sweartome123 Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:47 pm

deleted

Last edited by sweartome123 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Putin is gosudarstvennik (statehoodnik) and he, virtually in every speech of his, emphasizes multicultural essence of Russia. He is AGAINST tightening of the immigration policy. Just a detail.

http://www.tvc.ru/news/show/id/21435

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:51 am

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 Kaspar10

I must admit long ago i had alot of respect for this guy...
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:24 am

sweartome123 wrote:"Putin is evil and a totalitarian dictator, who wants to recreate the Soviet Union (whatever that means) and now he has destroyed all "freedom" in Russia."

I completely forgot to mention this in my original post. With the morons I talk to, it always comes down to Putin. According to them, Putin is this despotic tyrant who rules Russia with an iron fist. He also has a secret stash of $80 billion, rigs elections, and wants to kill Russian democracy. Regarding rigged elections, I find the media narrative to be incredibly funny. Apparently Putin has rigged all of his elections (despite being LEGITIMATELY well-liked in Russia), thus preventing the "progressive, freedom-loving Russian liberals." And of course, these media outlets cite these NGOs that receive lavish funding from the U.S. State Department.

As with everything the Devil is in the details. The people you talk to have swallowed the BS hook, line and sinker because they do not
    have enough interest to do their own research. There are actual opinion polls by independent Russian and foreign public opinion
    polling agencies (e.g. Levada Center, run by a pro-NATO "liberal", Ipsos-Reid, etc) and the public opinion polls track the election
    results, just as in NATO (except Turkey). Those polls showing that the "liberals" have no more than 15% support with a core support
    of around 5%. They are fringe and one of the reasons they are fringe is that they openly attack the Russian people for not voting for
    them and their "obvious superiority". They sound like fanatical lunatics. It is hard for people in America and most of NATO to understand
    just how absurd the "liberals" are. No political movement behaves this way in the USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, etc.

Putin does not need to rig any polls because he is the only choice on the block as far as proven performance is concerned. Between
    1999 and 2014 Russian personal incomes went from $80 per month to $960 per month averaged over the whole of Russia and are about
    $2000 per month in Moscow. (These dollar amounts are now lower thanks to the devaluation of the ruble, but in purchasing power
    parity terms the gains are still there.) Unemployment is low at under 6% (using the ILO definition and not the silly official metric often used
    elsewhere) even today after all the ruble devaluation and economic contraction.

As far as most Russians are concerned, Putin is the best leader they have had in 1000 years. He is actually a democratic leader and
    not a tyrant like Yeltsin under whose reign people were sent to jail to do hard time for stealing a loaf of bread to feed themselves.
    This is outright Draconian and stereotypical tyranny. Yeltsin ruled by decree and rigged the 1996 elections which he lost in actuality
    as he had only 2% popular support. Putin released 180,000 prisoners and implemented judicial reform such as jury trials and probation
    which Yeltsin did not even try to implement. Yeltsin was too busy incarcerating people.

Of course Putin is not personally responsible for all the economic development that Russia has experienced, which is substantial,
    but he has been a good manager and any western politician would be super popular with such a record. He is being demonized because
    he helped put Russia back on its feat. Russians know this and the propaganda against Russia and Putin is not working to hoodwink
    Russians. It is just self-affirmation in the west for its own distorted view.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:34 am

Kasparov is a wanted criminal.

Putin in man bun
    Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 12039510
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:37 am

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 Cdd772e8acd1

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 CUyU63NWIAEXRea

Russian chocolate makers have made a President out of chocolate, full size, full weight.Want to get to Guiness book of records.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:18 am

Militarov wrote:Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 CUyU63NWIAEXRea

Russian chocolate makers have made a President out of chocolate, full size, full weight.Want to get to Guiness book of records.

And then stupid NATO monkeys use this sort of fluff as proof that Putin is a megalomaniac and has a personality cult.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:59 am

"And in the days of darkness the cries of the people were heard, and behold! a mighty thunderbolt of electricity was sent to Crimea that the people shalt have light and power once again. As it is written, so it be done"

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 C861d7fd30a4

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:34 pm

Serbian from Krajina (Todays Croatia) made a song about Putin Very Happy

"Hey Putin you are our world power, you wont let world to be managed by Pasha (Erdogan), You will explain them and their next 5 generations who will rule the world, If you need us just call we are with you new Obilic (Serbian Kosovo battle hero), For 6 centuries now they will be ours coz whole world fears you now, they thought they are free now, that you are not there Vladimir the Mighty, you showed them who Orthodox countries now have"

Very rough translation tho, our language is extremly rich english is simply lacks good replacement words plus i am not native to it. So enjoy Very Happy

sweartome123

Post  sweartome123 Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:47 pm

deleted

Last edited by sweartome123 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Well, since we're dumping Putin memes here I will add my favorite one:

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 12311122_991219044284457_4795456681414388609_n

Post  Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 12314043_10154749316663539_1095217238088804065_n

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Serbian sport club Red Star was celebrating 24 years since they won 1991. Intercontinental world Cup in Japan when current footbal team coach Miodrag Božović nicknamed Grof (Duke) showed up wearing T-shirt featuring Vladimir Putin. Few days ago he rejected to take team to Turkey for pre season preparations due to "safety", now everyone thinks he had other reasons. Almost everyone at the celebration was amused by his act and supported it.

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 Sp-bozovic-grof_620x0

Source: http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.294.html:580538-Grof-rusofil-Bozovic-u-majici-sa-likom-Putina

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Vladimir Putin Thread - Page 8 CVwr1aqWcAAve-7

"Putin, our new friend", French magazine "Le point".

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:15 am