Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+2
Regular
Aristide
6 posters

Chelyabinsk meteor

GarryB
    GarryB

Chelyabinsk meteor - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelyabinsk meteor

Post  GarryB Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:33 am

Gary...you have no clue what you talk about. With all due respect, i demand a certain level of knowledge before i talk with someone over certain topics, you clearly dont meet the minimum criteria. Its ok. Im sure you had a lovely day. Did you go shopping? Family alright?

Hahahaha... this is a discussion forum but instead of discussing, you prefer personal insults.

Perhaps you don't understand what I said and need help?

And no, family is not alright.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:29 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Gary...you have no clue what you talk about. With all due respect, i demand a certain level of knowledge before i talk with someone over certain topics, you clearly dont meet the minimum criteria. Its ok. Im sure you had a lovely day. Did you go shopping? Family alright?

Hahahaha... this is a discussion forum but instead of discussing, you prefer personal insults.

Perhaps you don't understand what I said and need help?

And no, family is not alright.

I did understand what you said. It was rubbish. I dont want insult you but you have no clue about Asteroids and why go deeper into a topic when i notice someone has no clue about it?

The parent body that formed such asteroids was several hundred km wide. Like Ceres or Pallas. They are a differentiated asteroid. Like a mini planet.

The problem with explaining this to you is, that you lack the basics and i dont want explain from the bottom.

Just few hints, radiactive decay heat, material acceleration ect.

That said, i´m sorry about your family. Hope you get better soon.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:18 am

Aristide wrote:
    Regular wrote:And most of the countries don't have so many scammers.

For how authoritative Russia is, there's plenty of laws that are not reinforced or overlooked.

Good luck with your purchase

You cant scam a meteorite. No earth rock has a so called fusion crust, which is created through extreme aerodynamic forces through entry in the atmosphere. The surface is melted through the extreme heat, actually hotter than the surface
    of the sun. Its movement through the athmosphere makes it orientated. The fusion crust is only a mm thin, since the inside the meteorite stays cool.

The sale runs through a french meteorite dealer who checks the objects before payment. Did this several times before and have excellent experience with russian meteorite sellers.

I didn't mean that rock will be faked - it would be easier to make a passing diamond.

But if money is held in some sort of escrow account than you should be safe.

Anyways, nice space rock. As I kid I was dreaming to find one. I've heard stories about it being found next to football field I was playing. It turned out to be a simple rock. Yet I've seen real one that was acquired by my university in 60s. Parts of it were sent to Moscow and kept by Geological society. Back in Soviet Union geological society would take them from you and give you small token.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:09 am

Regular wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    Regular wrote:And most of the countries don't have so many scammers.

For how authoritative Russia is, there's plenty of laws that are not reinforced or overlooked.

Good luck with your purchase

You cant scam a meteorite. No earth rock has a so called fusion crust, which is created through extreme aerodynamic forces through entry in the atmosphere. The surface is melted through the extreme heat, actually hotter than the surface
    of the sun. Its movement through the athmosphere makes it orientated. The fusion crust is only a mm thin, since the inside the meteorite stays cool.

The sale runs through a french meteorite dealer who checks the objects before payment. Did this several times before and have excellent experience with russian meteorite sellers.

I didn't mean that rock will be faked - it would be easier to make a passing diamond.

But if money is held in some sort of escrow account than you should be safe.

Anyways, nice space rock. As I kid I was dreaming to find one. I've heard stories about it being found next to football field I was playing. It turned out to be a simple rock. Yet I've seen real one that was acquired by my university in 60s. Parts of it were sent to Moscow and kept by Geological society. Back in Soviet Union geological society would take them from you and give you small token.

The mail arrived and the specimen is amazing. From what i heared the people of cheliyabinsk made a business out of it and search at the strew field.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:03 am

Nice. Russia is really relaxed country when it comes to many things even if they are grey area/illegal. Russian post is ok for steroids being shipped out as plenty of bodybuilding organisations run on Russian pharmaceutical grade steroids worldwide. Check instagram of Pharmacom to see familiar faces if you are into professional bodybuilding. They don't even hide that...

When in US bodybuilders buy underground brew made in some dirty ass niggas basement and suffer from abscesses, pip, infections.

Now there's more grip on that and now as antidoping controls started to do their work in Russia. So no more famous Russian athletes wearing branded shirts lol..

Some labs switched from prohormones and AAS to SARMS. This is how most of the athletes were caught in Russia as SARMS were grey area and weren't tested. SARMS are used by pretty much all professional athletes worldwide and plenty of research is done in Russia. I do believe after 10-15 years SARMS will be used for medical purposes.

This is why I like Russia to be honest, there's more personal freedom, if it's not drugs to get high, then it's grey area in Russian eyes. IMHO it's better to have steroids injected in your glutes than have mans dick in the ass.

And I can say thanks to Russia because I've regained full spectrum of movements when doctors already had me on disability list after spinal injury Smile
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Regular wrote:Nice. Russia is really relaxed country when it comes to many things even if they are grey area/illegal. Russian post is ok for steroids being shipped out as plenty of bodybuilding organisations run on Russian pharmaceutical grade steroids worldwide. Check instagram of Pharmacom to see familiar faces if you are into professional bodybuilding. They don't even hide that...

When in US bodybuilders buy underground brew made in some dirty ass niggas basement and suffer from abscesses, pip, infections.

Now there's more grip on that and now as antidoping controls started to do their work in Russia. So no more famous Russian athletes wearing branded shirts lol..

Some labs switched from prohormones and AAS to SARMS. This is how most of the athletes were caught in Russia as SARMS were grey area and weren't tested. SARMS are used by pretty much all professional athletes worldwide and plenty of research is done in Russia. I do believe after 10-15 years SARMS will be used for medical purposes.

This is why I like Russia to be honest, there's more personal freedom, if it's not drugs to get high, then it's grey area in Russian eyes. IMHO it's better to have steroids injected in your glutes than have mans dick in the ass.

And I can say thanks to Russia because I've regained full spectrum of movements when doctors already had me on disability list after spinal injury Smile

Yeah. I do bodybuilding so i know what you mean. I think Russia goes right approach with that.

When the Cheliyabinsk asteroid came down, officials confiscated the main mass object for museum but dont bother that people collect and sell the many fragments that can be found there.

Many here say Russians will cheat but i never had bad experience, the lady that sold the meteorite is a very honest one. She shipped next day, excellent and secure shipment carton. Very honest person.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:45 am

The parent body that formed such asteroids was several hundred km wide. Like Ceres or Pallas. They are a differentiated asteroid. Like a mini planet.

The vast majority of asteroids are tiny... if you took all the asteroids from the asteroid belt there wouldn't be enough material to make anything much bigger than a very very small moon, and it is spread out in a disk with an orbital length bigger than Mars obviously.

Most of the objects in the oort cloud are mostly iceballs and potential comets.

Objects are continually entering earths atmosphere and burning up... occasionally they reach the ground.

Only radioactive materials decay, and radioactive materials are fairly heavy metals that are not particularly abundant in the universe.

Yeah, forget I said anything.

IMHO it's better to have steroids injected in your glutes than have mans dick in the ass.

I have not had either and am not interested in either, but I wont tell anyone they can't have either if they want it.

And I can say thanks to Russia because I've regained full spectrum of movements when doctors already had me on disability list after spinal injury

There are also therapeutic effects of various cannabis oils that don't give you a high that are banned that could benefit people with some problems too.

It is ironic that in the west they allow smoking and drinking alcohol, but not smoking weed... not that I am interested in any of those things either.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:39 am

The vast majority of asteroids are tiny... if you took all the asteroids from the asteroid belt there wouldn't be enough material to make anything much bigger than a very very small moon, and it is spread out in a disk with an orbital length bigger than Mars obviously.
    Right. But there were more collisions with/between more numerous smaller bodies producing more rocks- from what I heard, we don't know how many tiny moons were smashed & their exact composition. So, the origin of those meteorites isn't certain.
    The sizes of asteroids varies greatly; the largest, Ceres, is almost 1,000 km (600 mi) across and massive enough to be a dwarf planet.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_(dwarf_planet)

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/dwarf-planets/ceres/overview/

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:52 am

GarryB wrote:

Most of the objects in the oort cloud are mostly iceballs and potential comets.

Objects are continually entering earths atmosphere and burning up... occasionally they reach the ground.

Only radioactive materials decay, and radioactive materials are fairly heavy metals that are not particularly abundant in the universe.

Yeah, forget I said anything.

IMHO it's better to have steroids injected in your glutes than have mans dick in the ass.

I have not had either and am not interested in either, but I wont tell anyone they can't have either if they want it.

And I can say thanks to Russia because I've regained full spectrum of movements when doctors already had me on disability list after spinal injury

There are also therapeutic effects of various cannabis oils that don't give you a high that are banned that could benefit people with some problems too.

It is ironic that in the west they allow smoking and drinking alcohol, but not smoking weed... not that I am interested in any of those things either.

As i said, you have no clue. No big deal.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:09 am

U've been proven wrong many times on other threads I know of, why should I think that u r 100% right on this 1?
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:59 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:U've been proven wrong many times on other threads I know of, why should I think that u r 100% right on this 1?

Because i'm. You even know it yourself. You are just too afraid to tell Gary because you like him but dislike me. Very Happy

Even Gary knows im right. There is a deeper issue here, a psychological one.

He hates France and the west. The thought that poor russians in the cheliyabinsk region collect meteorites and sell them ro rich, arrogant bastards like me, is unbearable for him. Even more so, that the authorities there dont do checks and allow it to happen. It eats him inside.

I can only say the best of the lady who made the deal with me. I got a perfect piece of LL5 Cheliyabinsk meteorite. Even with fusion crust and chondrules.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:32 pm

You even know it yourself. You are just too afraid to tell Gary because you like him but dislike me. ..The thought that poor russians in the cheliyabinsk region collect meteorites and sell them ro rich, arrogant bastards like me, is unbearable for him. Even more so, that the authorities there dont do checks and allow it to happen.
    That's only what u mistakenly think: I've been arguing with him too; won't speak for him, but the Russian officials were probably bribed to allow these sales.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Russian officials are more concerned about drugs, dangerous materials and sensitive information being sent out.

So apparently exporting meteorites are legal in Russia if scientists already have samples ( and they do have a massive chunk from the lake). Duma tried to ban selling of meteorites after Chelyabinsk, but it was overturned.

You need to have permit, same as archeologists have and permissiom to access private territory if it's there. If it's not in subsoil and doesn't need excavation, then you don't need permission from Natural Resources. It's well defined in law and my Russian friend told me that there are plenty of recognised Meteorite organisations like Meteorite lovers that do collect or trade meteorites.
    Russians are outdoor people and they are very interested in hobby archeology as well, but it's more strict law wise. Recently there were interesting discoveries unfolded by hobbyists as well.

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Regular wrote:Russian officials are more concerned about drugs, dangerous materials and sensitive information being sent out.

So apparently exporting meteorites are legal in Russia if scientists already have samples ( and they do have a massive chunk from the lake). Duma tried to ban selling of meteorites after Chelyabinsk, but it was overturned.

You need to have permit, same as archeologists have and permissiom to access private territory if it's there. If it's not in subsoil and doesn't need excavation, then you don't need permission from Natural Resources. It's well defined in law and my Russian friend told me that there are plenty of recognised  Meteorite organisations like Meteorite lovers that do collect or trade meteorites.
    Russians are outdoor people and they are very interested in hobby archeology as well, but it's more strict law wise. Recently there were interesting discoveries unfolded by hobbyists as well.

If you think about it, the Cheliyabinsk Meteor could have become a much worse desaster. Its force was gigantic. When it created the airburst, it did so with the force of 60 hiroshima bombs. The people were lucky that its flight path was so shallow that it was still very high in altitude.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:22 pm

No, Chelyabinsk Meteor Equaled Nearly 30 Hiroshima Bombs
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/chelyabinsk-meteor-equaled-nearly-30-hiroshima-bombs
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:No, Chelyabinsk Meteor Equaled Nearly 30 Hiroshima Bombs
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/chelyabinsk-meteor-equaled-nearly-30-hiroshima-bombs

NASA says between 30 and 60.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:40 pm

So, it's not correct to state "it did so with the force of 60 hiroshima bombs", rather up to 60 hiroshima bombs.
    The locals present there then can celebrate a 2nd birthday on that date.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:So, it's not correct to state "it did so with the force of 60 hiroshima bombs", rather up to 60 hiroshima bombs.
    The locals present there then can celebrate a 2nd birthday on that date.

I think 30 hiroshima bombs is bad enough, even one is an enormous power.

The people there were very lucky and i think it was a reminder that humanity must put much more effort into detecting such objects and maybe fimd ways to change their orbit. This one was 17m big and was undetected.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Let's not celebrate to early. We are still cavemen when it comes to our own Solar system.

We not only can't even detect movements of intermediate cosmic bodies - we are also incapable to deflect, destroy them. There should be plenty of undetected NEOs. I would love to see some initiative from world leading countries to work on dedicated space based observatory.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:51 pm

There r plans to use satellites near/beyond the Moon &/ at Lagrangian point to detect them:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinel_Space_Telescope

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-space-1ae79834-a2d4-493b-830c-6de727dd51b1.html

https://news.wttw.com/2019/09/10/how-satellites-can-detect-and-protect-earth-asteroids

https://futurism.com/spacex-starlink-hide-killer-asteroids
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:30 am

U've been proven wrong many times on other threads I know of, why should I think that u r 100% right on this 1?

Just the fact that he wont discuss things at all and just calls anyone who disagrees with his opinion as being uneducated tells you everything you need to know.

The guy thinks uranium is heavy so it will sink to the bottom and keep the cores of planets hot... well he is right... it is heavy, but uranium heated to a liquid and flowing form doesn't act like uranium in solid form and neither does rock... heat creates convection currents in fluids so things that can absorb more heat like metals can get hotter than material that when it cools down forms rock... the earths crust is layered with all sorts of stuff... all sorts of metals and chemicals... if he was right then only the lightest materials should float to the surface and all the Uranium should be in the earths core... unless all the gold on earth came from meteorites... but then you have to wonder don't you... why all these heavy elements are in meteorites and were not in the core of the earth when it formed together... from material that also formed the meteoroids.

(note a Meteoroid is a rock in open space... if it enters the atmosphere it becomes a meteor, and if it hits the ground it is a meteorite... presumably the craters on the moon were formed by Meteoroids that fell as meteoroids and created craters and became meteorites without ever being meteors...).

On Earth if you stack a pile of Uranium together it will feel warm to touch but it wont get hot enough to burn you no matter how much you stack there.... it needs to be enriched to fuel grade uranium before you get issues of potential meltdowns and over heating... an uranium in the earths core is not enriched and will be hot because everything else is hot there and very little to do with radioactive decay as he keeps bullshitting on about.

The pressure at the core of the planet earth will create heat for a while but as we see with Mars which is smaller than Earth... eventually it cools down and gets hard...

You are just too afraid to tell Gary because you like him but dislike me.

Afraid of what? I disagree with Tsavo Lion all the time on many topics, but I respect him as a human being, and it really does not matter to me if we disagree or not... we are here because we are interested in Russia, not to find people to pat us on the back and tell us how special we are and give us hugs.

There are lots of times where I have read something in a book and just accepted it as being true, only to talk to someone on line and realise it was clearly wrong.

That is why I discuss things on the internet... even when I don't find any new information, at least I hear other people with different opinions...

It is the west that does not accept alternative views... you do what Brussels tells you or you are an enemy...

Even Gary knows im right. There is a deeper issue here, a psychological one.

Oh, please... from what I know about you... things that you have freely stated here yourself I know fundamentally you are wrong. It is ok... you are only 22 and there are plenty of lessons to come from life...

He hates France and the west.

Yes... black and white... I don't love France so I must hate it... I dislike most of the things the west does so I must hate it too.

What a simple world you live in.

The thought that poor russians in the cheliyabinsk region collect meteorites and sell them ro rich, arrogant bastards like me, is unbearable for him.

I could care less, but you could look at yourself with this sentence... who said the woman you bought this from was poor... she might be a billionaire that sent out hundreds of Chinese workers to collect up these rocks for all you know... and tell me how many islands you own and I will tell you that you are rich... Arrogant... no question from me there. And again... I really could care less... to be honest she wanted to sell and you wanted to buy... that is commerce right there... I have n problems with that.

Even more so, that the authorities there dont do checks and allow it to happen. It eats him inside.

I am sure either the woman paid the appropriate people, or they sensibly are making better use of their time following real crimes with actual victims.

Even with fusion crust and chondrules.

Yeah, Dominos has a special on large crusts, they have a range of different cheeses you can have in their stuffed crust range... is chondrules one of those nasty ugly French Blue cheeses? Razz Razz

And I don't care... don't reply and tell me what they are... if I cared I could have looked up Google.

That's only what u mistakenly think: I've been arguing with him too; won't speak for him, but the Russian officials were probably bribed to allow these sales.

Or maybe those black vans outside his house right now have FSB agents in them loading up their ammo getting ready to bust in and take him down... ahahahaha...

I would love to see some initiative from world leading countries to work on dedicated space based observatory.

The EU and US don't know how to cooperate... they dictate and command or they don't play with you... they are going home...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 am