Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+34
JohninMK
Begome
Aristide
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
slasher
AlfaT8
owais.usmani
flamming_python
TheArmenian
x_54_u43
ahmedfire
DerWolf
Azi
Hannibal Barca
franco
jhelb
GarryB
medo
Karl Haushofer
PhSt
Rodion_Romanovic
nero
Big_Gazza
Hole
calripson
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
Austin
George1
Cyberspec
Viktor
miketheterrible
magnumcromagnon
38 posters

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:31 pm

    owais.usmani wrote:
    Great!

    Can't wait for the day when VVP inaugurates NS2 and all the fellas in capital hill go like affraid angry

    With the ceremony taking place at the German end. With the AKADEMIK CHERSKIY lying off shore in place of honour Smile Maybe with Putin coming in from her by helicopter.
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1537
    Points : 1535
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  owais.usmani Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:42 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    owais.usmani wrote:
    Great!

    Can't wait for the day when VVP inaugurates NS2 and all the fellas in capital hill go like affraid angry

    With the ceremony taking place at the German end. With the AKADEMIK CHERSKIY lying off shore in place of honour Smile Maybe with Putin coming in from her by helicopter.

    you are being cruel there! lol!
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1537
    Points : 1535
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  owais.usmani Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:15 pm

    owais.usmani wrote:https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/industry-and-energy/2020/04/novatek-construction-site-emerge-hotbed-coronavirus

    Risking death for Arctic gas? Novatek construction site emerge as hotbed for coronavirus



    https://vk.com/velesstroy_com?w=wall-139639073_6552

    VELESSSTROY, being a socially responsible company, strictly following all the requirements of regulatory authorities, does everything to protect the health of its employees.

    In order to reduce the possible risks of infection, the work of VELESSTROY at the facility in Belokamenka of the Murmansk region will be partially suspended. This measure is necessary for the complete disinfection of facilities in a shift camp.

    The employees working at the facility will be regrouped and again sent to the 14-day self-isolation for the period of disinfection. Such a measure will affect only those who have passed the necessary two-time testing for coronavirus with COVID-negative status. On the 10th day of isolation, each isolated person will undergo a mandatory third coronavirus test, and only after receiving a negative result will he be able to return home and stay there until an order to return to the project.

    All isolated ones will be placed in hotels, rest houses and boarding houses in a number of regions of the Russian Federation - outside the project and in the Murmansk region. At the same time, the company will continue to fulfill its contractual obligations to employees.

    Detailed information on the phased departure and temporary placement of employees the company management will inform additionally.

    The planned return of shift workers to the facility will be implemented at the end of comprehensive disinfection measures.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:58 pm

    She has speeded up and is now rattling along at over 10knts. She is off Brittany and has moved into the near French shore lane as per northbound Channel regulations. About now she might pick up a French Navy 'friend'.
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1537
    Points : 1535
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Russia Cuts European Sea Ports Oil Exports To 20-Year-Low

    Post  owais.usmani Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:38 pm

    https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Russia-Cuts-European-Sea-Ports-Oil-Exports-To-20-Year-Low.html

    Russia Cuts European Sea Ports Oil Exports To 20-Year-Low


    Russia is preparing to significantly reduce the oil supply to the market from its Baltic and Black Sea ports—to the lowest in two decades in May when the OPEC+ production cut deal begins, Reuters reported on Friday, quoting a preliminary loading schedule it has seen.

    Russian seaborne oil exports from the port of Novorossiysk on the Black Sea and the Baltic ports Primorsk and Ust-Luga are set to drop next month by 43 percent on a daily basis compared to the oil export levels in April, according to Reuters estimates.

    As part of the new OPEC+ deal, Russia has pledged to cut its production in May and June to 8.5 million bpd—or by 2.5 million bpd from a baseline level of 11 million bpd. These would be the largest cuts that Russia will ever attempt to make as part of the OPEC+ group. In the previous deals, Russia hasn’t fully complied with its quotas, attributing non-compliance to weather, complex geology, or the fact that condensate was considered (until December) as part of its oil production.

    While Russia is likely to struggle to hit that reduction target, the slashed exports from the European seaports suggest that Moscow will be limiting the oil supply to international markets at a time when global inventories of crude and gasoline threaten to overflow amid the massive demand collapse in the pandemic.

    Exports of Russia’s key export blend Urals are expected to slump to the lowest level since at least the early 2000s, according to data from Refinitiv Eikon, cited by Reuters.

    Production of crude oil and condensate in Russia has been unchanged so far in April compared to March. According to data from the Russian energy ministry, seen by Bloomberg, Russia’s crude and condensate production averaged 11.289 million bpd between April 1 and 23—a week before Russia is set to reduce its production under the new agreement. In March, Russia produced 11.29 million bpd of crude oil and condensate.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12651
    Points : 12709
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:33 am

    https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/AKADEMIK-CHERSKIY-IMO-8770261-MMSI-273399760

    Entering the Channel now

    If someone doesn't take a photo now there won't be one be until arrival








    Last edited by PapaDragon on Sat May 02, 2020 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:05 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    If someone doesn't take a photo now there won't be one be until arrival

    Now is a bit too early for the RN photos. They usually wait till around Dover or a bit further north. Also on where the RuN ship is in daylight. At her current speed she will reach Dover around dusk so off our south coast as you suggest is a possibility especially as they are based in Plymouth.

    Failing that, the Dutch Navy love taking photos at dawn Smile
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1537
    Points : 1535
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  owais.usmani Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:49 pm

    https://sputniknews.com/russia/202004261079098369-pipe-laying-ship-capable-of-completing-nord-stream-2-heading-to-russias-far-east---reports/

    The Russian pipe layer Akademik Chersky, the only Russian vessel capable of building the Nord Stream-2 gas pipeline, has again changed its course, according to data on the ship tracking portals Marine Traffic and Vesselfinder.

    According to the portals, on Sunday morning, the vessel set a course for the Far Eastern Russian port city of Nakhodka, from which it departed on 10 February.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:56 pm

    owais.usmani wrote:
    The Russian pipe layer Akademik Chersky, the only Russian vessel capable of building the Nord Stream-2 gas pipeline, has again changed its course, according to data on the ship tracking portals Marine Traffic and Vesselfinder.

    According to the portals, on Sunday morning, the vessel set a course for the Far Eastern Russian port city of Nakhodka, from which it departed on 10 February.
    It hasn't of course. Now off Cherborg still heading north.

    I think her escort is on the way. HMS Richmond, a frigate, has just left Plymouth and should catch her up well before the Dover Straits. They will be well out into the North Sea by dawn. So no pictures today Sad
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12651
    Points : 12709
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:20 pm

    JohninMK wrote:...
    It hasn't of course. Now off Cherborg still heading north.

    I think her escort is on the way. HMS Richmond, a frigate, has just left Plymouth and should catch her up well before the Dover Straits. They will be well out into the North Sea by dawn. So no pictures today Sad

    Alas, I have been denied satisfaction yet again...

    But I have no doubt that RN will come through for us tomorrow

    And one more thing: destination Nakhodka? Oh they do have a sense of humor lol1


    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12651
    Points : 12709
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:18 am


    China's March crude imports from Saudi slip, Russia up 31% -customs

    https://www.reuters.com/article/china-economy-trade-oil/chinas-march-crude-imports-from-saudi-slip-russia-up-31-customs-idUSL3N2CB2S4
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 34819
    Points : 35337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  GarryB Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:41 am

    About 55 nautical miles to Calais at 8 Knts... about 480 nautical miles and they will be able to enter the baltic sea past Denmark towards Germany... not the fastest way to get to the Far East of Russia of course... Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:37 am

    GarryB wrote:About 55 nautical miles to Calais at 8 Knts... about 480 nautical miles and they will be able to enter the baltic sea past Denmark towards Germany... not the fastest way to get to the Far East of Russia of course...  Smile

    Bit of a puzzle. After 5 hours she is still in the same place and still doing 7.4knts. How is this possible I ask myself?
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 34819
    Points : 35337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  GarryB Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:33 pm

    British intelligence might be censoring your view of the website...

    From my view of the site the ship has about 18 nautical miles to go before Calais is off the starboard bow and Dover is to port... at 7.8 knts.

    When does it say the current position was received?

    Says on July 1st it will arrive at its destination Nakhodka...  don't like its chances... I think it might need to stop off in Germany and lay some pipe and that is not a euphamism... nudge nudge wink wink...  pirat

    Edit: in the time it took to post that it is now 16 nautical miles to the position I mentioned... Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 pm

    GarryB wrote:British intelligence might be censoring your view of the website...

    Edit: in the time it took to post that it is now 16 nautical miles to the position I mentioned... Smile

    Now in the North Sea. I think she must have stopped off the French coast overnight.

    Interesting course now, on the English side and heading due north. Keep them guessing Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:32 am

    The AKADEMIK CHERSKIY is now on course for the Baltic and seems to have a travel buddy, the Esther, a Russian tanker heading for Kaliningrad. I think they have been together for a while I just didn't spot that she was Russian. It doesn't look as if she still has warship escort as non of the NATO navies have, that I have seen, reacted to her passing by.

    Should mean that the crew, after their epic journey, will be back in their homes next weekend. thumbsup
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 34819
    Points : 35337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  GarryB Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:53 am

    I was looking forward to seeing the military vessel escorting the AKADEMIK CHERSKIY, but now I realise the chance of an incident like an intercept were rather low, while the chance of it sailing past Britain with an escort without getting into the newspapers and on TV would have been slim...

    Not having a military escort meant it was ignored... fortunately the British media are not so far gone as to monitor all Russian shipping traffic going past them...

    Just a loose string of waypoints from its current location through to a likely destination in Germany to where it might start work by my reckoning is 580 nautical miles.

    At an average speed of 8 knots that means about 72 and a half hours... lets say 80 hours because 8 knots might not be possible all the way... so we are talking about 3 and a half days roughly... will be interesting.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:33 pm

    The Ester is now 15 miles ahead and traveling slightly faster so, unless she has picked up an escort out of the Baltic, she could be on her own. Over halfway up Denmark now.

    Still think Kaliningrad will be her destination, I can't see her going to work straight away for two reasons, the crew needs a rest and can fly home from there whilst Gazprom said a while back that they weren't planning to start until June (nice calmer weather).

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 34819
    Points : 35337
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  GarryB Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:44 am

    The destination has changed to Kaliningrad... doing 6.2 knots and ETA is May the 3rd.

    Your logic sounds pretty good to me, a sensible plan IMHO.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11731
    Points : 11858
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:34 am

    GarryB wrote:The destination has changed to Kaliningrad... doing 6.2 knots and ETA is May the 3rd.

    Your logic sounds pretty good to me, a sensible plan IMHO.
    Pleased they took my suggestion Laughing Laughing

    Now south of Gotenberg, chugging through the Kattegat. On the home straight now.
    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 13577
    Points : 13722
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Turdope's Kanada

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  kvs Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:16 pm



    The Power of Siberia pipeline, associated infrastructure and the development of the source fields will be paid off in about 7 years
    of sales to China. All sorts of maggots have been claiming that this project will never recoup its costs and that Russia is
    selling gas for a major loss. In fact, the price has been over $200 so far like it has been for the EU. The price also changes
    with the oil price to have some element of market dynamics in it.



    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:58 pm

    kvs wrote:

    The Power of Siberia pipeline, associated infrastructure and the development of the source fields will be paid off in about 7 years
    of sales to China.   All sorts of maggots have been claiming that this project will never recoup its costs and that Russia is
    selling gas for a major loss.   In fact, the price has been over $200 so far like it has been for the EU.   The price also changes
    with the oil price to have some element of market dynamics in it.




    Most critics in Russia regarding this project have zero economic knowledge. They are Arrow tier stupid.

    The cost of construction was also on behest of China too. And on top of that, most of the materials used were Russian thus it created a ton of work just to build the damn pipelines. Also, I dont think there ever has been a project anywhere in the world where it was paid off instantly. No shit it may take a while. 7 years is considered huge in terms of financial gains with this project.
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1537
    Points : 1535
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  owais.usmani Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:57 pm

    https://caspiannews.com/news-detail/poland-puts-pressure-on-russia-through-nord-stream-2-gas-pipeline-2020-4-29-39/

    Poland Puts Pressure On Russia Through Nord Stream 2 Gas Pipeline


    Poland is tightening the screws on Russia by threatening to hamper the construction of the Nord Stream 2 underwater gas pipeline, which would increase Russian energy exports to Europe by way of Germany, in an effort to force Russia's Gazprom to pay the $1.5 billion fee imposed under the ruling of the Stockholm Arbitrage.

    In an interview with Polish news magazine Wprost, Poland's Deputy State Assets Minister Janusz Kowalski voiced Warsaw's readiness to seize the European assets of the Nord Stream project to force the Russian energy giant to comply with the decision of the arbitration tribunal in Stockholm.

    "If the Russians still do not respect the law, then it is a good idea to seize assets of Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2," Kowalski said, recalling the long-standing dispute between Russia's Gazprom and Ukraine's Naftogaz that resulting in a ruling calling for the Russian energy giant to pay $2.6 billion.

    "It may, in turn, delay the implementation of the Nord Stream 2 project," Kowalski added.

    After a five-year dispute between Poland's state-owned energy company PGNiG and key gas provider Gazprom, Stockholm Arbitrage in late March required Gazprom to pay $1.5 billion for overcharging PGNiG since 2014. Along with the payment, the tribunal ruled that a gas pricing formula in PGNiG’s long-term deal with Gazprom should be pegged to market prices in Western Europe.

    Although the ruling resolving the dispute came in favor of Poland’s leading gas firm, Gazprom had reportedly issued invoices for gas deliveries to Poland under old conditions that had been in effect before the ruling of the Stockholm arbitration court. According to the Polish company, Gazprom failed to meet new price conditions on its invoices for gas deliveries in March and the first half of April.

    Earlier, Russia's Gazprom said that it was studying the ruling of the Stockholm Arbitration on reviewing Russian gas prices for PGNiG, adding that it was too early to give any estimate of the amount of the possible pay-off.

    Poland, which is increasingly positioning itself as Russia’s geopolitical opponent, has been working to reduce its dependence on Russian energy sources. As the country's natural gas production covers around 25 percent of Polish demand, the Polish government are moving forward with striking long-term contracts for deliveries of liquefied natural gas from the United States, Qatar and other countries, as well as developing a new pipeline with Norway for deliveries from the North Sea.

    Alexander Perov, the head of special projects of National Energy Security Fund, told Russian news website Baltnews that Poland's bold statement is based on the government's intent to terminate the deal with Gazprom when it expires in 2020.

    "The Poles are now in a slightly different situation," Perov said. "The thing is that Poland intends to completely abandon Russian gas, so they can now behave more boldly with our gas monopolist."

    "Anyway, Gazprom will be forced to settle for Polish claims, because there is an agreement, and Gazprom is obliged to comply with it. The second question is how they will come to an arrangement. It is quite conceivable that we will not see Gazprom return this one and a half billion," Perov concluded.

    The 1,200-kilometer long Nord Stream 2, designed to deliver additional 55 billion cubic meters (or 2 trillion cubic feet) of Russian natural gas per year to Europe through the Baltic Sea and bypass overland routes crossing through Ukraine and Poland, is now facing opposition. The Gazprom-owned pipeline was expected to be finished by the end of last year, but delays caused by Denmark and sanctions imposed by the US on certain firms building Nord Stream 2 could potentially derail its completion.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon


    Posts : 8158
    Points : 8303
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:10 pm

    owais.usmani wrote:https://caspiannews.com/news-detail/poland-puts-pressure-on-russia-through-nord-stream-2-gas-pipeline-2020-4-29-39/

    Poland Puts Pressure On Russia Through Nord Stream 2 Gas Pipeline





    Poland is tightening the screws on Russia by threatening to hamper the construction of the Nord Stream 2 underwater gas pipeline, which would increase Russian energy exports to Europe by way of Germany, in an effort to force Russia's Gazprom to pay the $1.5 billion fee imposed under the ruling of the Stockholm Arbitrage.

    In an interview with Polish news magazine Wprost, Poland's Deputy State Assets Minister Janusz Kowalski voiced Warsaw's readiness to seize the European assets of the Nord Stream project to force the Russian energy giant to comply with the decision of the arbitration tribunal in Stockholm.

    "If the Russians still do not respect the law, then it is a good idea to seize assets of Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2," Kowalski said, recalling the long-standing dispute between Russia's Gazprom and Ukraine's Naftogaz that resulting in a ruling calling for the Russian energy giant to pay $2.6 billion.

    "It may, in turn, delay the implementation of the Nord Stream 2 project," Kowalski added.

    After a five-year dispute between Poland's state-owned energy company PGNiG and key gas provider Gazprom, Stockholm Arbitrage in late March required Gazprom to pay $1.5 billion for overcharging PGNiG since 2014. Along with the payment, the tribunal ruled that a gas pricing formula in PGNiG’s long-term deal with Gazprom should be pegged to market prices in Western Europe.

    Although the ruling resolving the dispute came in favor of Poland’s leading gas firm, Gazprom had reportedly issued invoices for gas deliveries to Poland under old conditions that had been in effect before the ruling of the Stockholm arbitration court. According to the Polish company, Gazprom failed to meet new price conditions on its invoices for gas deliveries in March and the first half of April.

    Earlier, Russia's Gazprom said that it was studying the ruling of the Stockholm Arbitration on reviewing Russian gas prices for PGNiG, adding that it was too early to give any estimate of the amount of the possible pay-off.

    Poland, which is increasingly positioning itself as Russia’s geopolitical opponent, has been working to reduce its dependence on Russian energy sources. As the country's natural gas production covers around 25 percent of Polish demand, the Polish government are moving forward with striking long-term contracts for deliveries of liquefied natural gas from the United States, Qatar and other countries, as well as developing a new pipeline with Norway for deliveries from the North Sea.

    Alexander Perov, the head of special projects of National Energy Security Fund, told Russian news website Baltnews that Poland's bold statement is based on the government's intent to terminate the deal with Gazprom when it expires in 2020.

    "The Poles are now in a slightly different situation," Perov said. "The thing is that Poland intends to completely abandon Russian gas, so they can now behave more boldly with our gas monopolist."

    "Anyway, Gazprom will be forced to settle for Polish claims, because there is an agreement, and Gazprom is obliged to comply with it. The second question is how they will come to an arrangement. It is quite conceivable that we will not see Gazprom return this one and a half billion," Perov concluded.

    The 1,200-kilometer long Nord Stream 2, designed to deliver additional 55 billion cubic meters (or 2 trillion cubic feet) of Russian natural gas per year to Europe through the Baltic Sea and bypass overland routes crossing through Ukraine and Poland, is now facing opposition. The Gazprom-owned pipeline was expected to be finished by the end of last year, but delays caused by Denmark and sanctions imposed by the US on certain firms building Nord Stream 2 could potentially derail its completion.

    lol1 Try-hard Poletards, Russian courts now have primacy over shit like this (your not getting paid), and top of that the pipe laying will be done with a Russian ship. Razz Now Polski elites should run along, and coddle the legacies of their protected pederasts John Paul II and Roman Polansky! Embarassed
    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 13577
    Points : 13722
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Turdope's Kanada

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  kvs Fri May 01, 2020 1:37 am

    @mike

    Yes, 7 years is very good since the total contract is for 30 years. Russia will be making raw profits for 23 years.
    (More or less since the next 7 years will have typical annual operation costs).

    @magnum

    The constitutional reform has not passed yet, but for all intents and purposes you are right. Russia will take its sweet time
    in responding to the Stockholm kangaroo tribunal (note that the demands by the Polish regime are premature since Russia
    still has time to appeal). By the end of the year, the primacy of domestic law will be affirmed and western kangaroo courts
    and tribunals will be flapping in the wind.



    Sponsored content


    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:45 am