Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Singular_trafo
KoTeMoRe
Viktor
Grazneyar
DerWolf
VladimirSahin
sepheronx
George1
loko
Vann7
NationalRus
zg18
Austin
kvs
A Different Voice
Karl Haushofer
PapaDragon
higurashihougi
Kimppis
Rmf
Bidoul
franco
GarryB
OminousSpudd
Project Canada
TheArmenian
Walther von Oldenburg
Werewolf
Big_Gazza
medo
ExBeobachter1987
Backinblack
Hannibal Barca
AlfaT8
x_54_u43
JohninMK
Regular
magnumcromagnon
max steel
par far
Neutrality
flamming_python
47 posters

Russian Economy General News: #6

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Economy General News: #6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #6

Post  sepheronx Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:22 am

I imagine so. Because outside of cheap credit, I cannot think of a single thing that Russia could do to outdo west in terms of benefits for SME's in Russia. Lets face it, here in Canada we do not have 2 year tax breaks or free rent. You know, I have posted all this before but for some reason, I cannot find it now in google.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Economy General News: #6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #6

Post  sepheronx Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:48 am

There is an SME forum coming up soon: http://smeforum.ru/en/
    So hopefully there will be some news regarding it.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:36 am

Project Canada wrote:

More than 40% of top managers plan to leave Russia

Almost one in every six senior Russian managers plans to move to another country within the next two years, while even more – 42 percent – are considering emigration.

1) It is not clear if these are all ethnic Russians or a collection of expats going back home.

2) Those that think that their pensions would be secure in the NATzO utopia are basically going full retard.
    They should really buy a clue. Private pensions ride the stock market Ponzi scheme and could be wiped
    out at any moment. Government pensions are in crisis because of the aging population. These managers
    have more chances of pensions (private and public) being there for them in Russia compared to NATzO.

3) Venture capital and business startups are not some aspect of managers. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
    were not "top managers" when they started Apple. In fact, they were pushed out by "top managers" later.
    It seems to me that these "top managers" are actually trying to steal Russian ideas and make a killing in
    NATzO. That is, they got their hands on business nucleation gold and are essentially assured of making
    money if they run off to NATzO. This is a loss for Russia but not in the sense being spun. Russia
    needs to make sure that if they try to leave the country they sign legal waivers about any work-related
    intellectual property.

4) It is time to line up all the monetarist maggots at the CBR, the Ministry of Finance and the Higher School
    of Economics against the wall and machine gun them to a pulp. The interest rate needs to be lowered to
    4% ASAP, and a government venture capital fund should be established. Clearly the private sector in Russia
    is failing epically at enabling business startups and it is the monetarists at the CBR and in the government
    who are responsible.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:23 am

1) It is not clear if these are all ethnic Russians or a collection of expats going back home.

2) Those that think that their pensions would be secure in the NATzO utopia are basically going full retard.
    They should really buy a clue. Private pensions ride the stock market Ponzi scheme and could be wiped
    out at any moment. Government pensions are in crisis because of the aging population. These managers
    have more chances of pensions (private and public) being there for them in Russia compared to NATzO.

3) Venture capital and business startups are not some aspect of managers. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
    were not "top managers" when they started Apple. In fact, they were pushed out by "top managers" later.
    It seems to me that these "top managers" are actually trying to steal Russian ideas and make a killing in
    NATzO. That is, they got their hands on business nucleation gold and are essentially assured of making
    money if they run off to NATzO. This is a loss for Russia but not in the sense being spun. Russia
    needs to make sure that if they try to leave the country they sign legal waivers about any work-related
    intellectual property.

4) It is time to line up all the monetarist maggots at the CBR, the Ministry of Finance and the Higher School
    of Economics against the wall and machine gun them to a pulp. The interest rate needs to be lowered to
    4% ASAP, and a government venture capital fund should be established. Clearly the private sector in Russia
    is failing epically at enabling business startups and it is the monetarists at the CBR and in the government
    who are responsible.

You are all correct but the last part. There is already venture capital in Russia:
    http://www.rusventure.ru/en/
    http://www.abrtfund.com/eng/what/profile.asp
    http://www.baring-vostok.com/
    http://www.vtbcapital.com/

and as I mentioned before:

https://www.mspbank.ru/en/

Of course, I agree very much on the low interest rates are needed. I expect that will be happening eventually soon. I know what Russia is doing now is what we in Canada did back in the 80's and I know it sucked very hard.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 am

As expected. The lessons of Mistral scandals and agriculture sanctions are hard enough.

https://www.rt.com/news/345898-french-senate-lifting-sanctions/

The French Senate has voted in favor of a resolution designed to lift EU-imposed sanctions slapped on Russia in 2014 over the crisis in eastern Ukraine and reunification with Crimea. The proposal calls for a "gradual relief" of restrictive measures imposed by the West.

The vast majority – 302 senators – voted for the move, with only 16 being against the lifting of anti-Russia sanctions. In all, 335 politicians were present at the meeting in the Luxembourg Palace.

The motion is non-binding, however.

The initiatives of deputies and senators, aimed at pressuring the government, have “no binding force because the renewal of the embargo is made in Brussels and requires unanimity of the 28 Member States,” Le Figaro reported.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:36 pm

higurashihougi wrote:As expected. The lessons of Mistral scandals and agriculture sanctions are hard enough.

I do hot think this is the main reason, French economy losses with Russia are annoying but nowhere nearly of strategic importance. I would bet rather on French game of thrones - who is going to suck US and who tries to pretend France is independent in politidcs...
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:35 pm

How elites are seeing the current problem. Good interview by Robert Kiyosaki of Md. El-Erian.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-rich-dad-radio-show
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Kremlin calls special economic zones inefficient

Kremlin press secretary Dmitry Peskov said he would have to check whether the president had ordered the shutting down of existent special economic zones and abstinence from opening new ones and called those instruments highly inefficient.

"The [special economic zone] institute is highly inefficient. At least it has proven to be inefficient in our country. It is too expensive, the return is meager, and its efficiency factor is zero," Peskov told reporters on June 9.

"I will have to check with documents, I am not ready to say now," Peskov said, adding that the president's order did not apply to rapid development territories.

"This does not apply to rapid development territories. Rapid development territories are a separate institute, which has been rather successful, growing and demonstrating positive dynamics," Peskov said.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:10 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:Kremlin calls special economic zones inefficient

Kremlin press secretary Dmitry Peskov said he would have to check whether the president had ordered the shutting down of existent special economic zones and abstinence from opening new ones and called those instruments highly inefficient.

"The [special economic zone] institute is highly inefficient. At least it has proven to be inefficient in our country. It is too expensive, the return is meager, and its efficiency factor is zero," Peskov told reporters on June 9.

"I will have to check with documents, I am not ready to say now," Peskov said, adding that the president's order did not apply to rapid development territories.

"This does not apply to rapid development territories. Rapid development territories are a separate institute, which has been rather successful, growing and demonstrating positive dynamics," Peskov said.

Good, process metrics but shame Putin has to oversee it personally. WTF all this govt and liberal scum is takin money for, huh?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:08 pm

I figured something like this was gonna happen eventually. When they first started to push SEZ like Skolkovo and Moscow having 2 of them (yes, two of them), then you would kinda guess that all these SEZ would lead to over stretching the benefits. For instance, there won't be that many companies that will open up their doors to all these special economic zones. And they cost money too, like investments, utilities and all subsidies/tax excemptions. All of this wont benefit Russia in long run if they have so many of these. I say that each region should have an opportunity for 1 special economic zone and part of it comes out of the budget of the region. And not all the same either (break it up between Industrial, technological, etc). Why does Moscow region have 3 (two technical and 1 industrial)?

I imagine they will close up various of these and only leave special economic zones for certain regions and as a way to develop new regions (develop Siberia).
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:10 pm

Major problem with Russian economy is lack of private investment.

If a Russian citizen gets rich he doesn't want to invest the money back to Russia but instead hoard it or take it out of the country. Either the rich Russians are too greedy and unpatriotic or they don't have enough trust in their own country to put a large sum of money into an investment that doesn't generate profit for years.

The Russian state (and some big energy companies) are the only ones who put serious capital into investments in Russia.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 pm

They always relied upon both government and private in terms of FDI (Foreign direct investments). Of course oligarches in Russia are hoarding money outside of the country, they always done this (in the 90's it was really bad). Russia brought back $1B in money hoarded outside of the country but out of $1T worth of it, that is a drop in the bucket. Oligarches, be it from Russia or anywhere, are not interested in helping the country out. It is said that Apple is holding back $220B outside of the country of USA and wont bring it to US. In the end, people didn't become rich by helping their countries out.

That said, there are some of them that are patriotic and do work for interest of the state. But number of those vs the ones who don't give a "F", are much smaller.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:53 pm

But why doesn't the Russian government make it harder for them to take money out of the country? Tax them more.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:49 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:But why doesn't the Russian government make it harder for them to take money out of the country? Tax them more.

Taxing them more will just increase number of people wanting to hide their money away. But I would agree though that if they give them some sort of incentives like increase taxes for these individuals caught hiding money abroad but lower it back down to normal if they bring money back. But then again, rich people will find a way to move it somewhere else. They always do. Oligarches and other rich people do not hold a flag as some would say.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Then Russia should get rid of the oligarchy class altogether. They just suck Russia dry from natural resources and give back nothing.

At least the American oligarchs in the 1800s (so called "robber barons") put their money back into their own country with investments. This helped America to grow into world's largest economy. Russian oligarchs are just useless parasites who hoard their money.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:29 am

So are American, French, German, etc. The panama paper leaks is just one of those evidences.

Kicking them out will also just not intice anyone to try to become rich in Russia. It will just simply be: "why bother if they will just take our money, blah blah blah".

Between the devil and the deep blue sea.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:29 am

Payment card “Mir” being used by more than 100 banks
    Russian Economy General News: #6 - Page 33 2mTMsrp
    Singular_trafo

Post  Singular_trafo Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:59 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:But why doesn't the Russian government make it harder for them to take money out of the country? Tax them more.

Taxing them more will just increase number of people wanting to hide their money away. But I would agree though that if they give them some sort of incentives like increase taxes for these individuals caught hiding money abroad but lower it back down to normal if they bring money back. But then again, rich people will find a way to move it somewhere else. They always do. Oligarches and other rich people do not hold a flag as some would say.

Taxation gives value to the cuurency, andcreating the soverign country.

They must be able to taxate everyone , without that ti won't work.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:59 am

I am surprised nobody posted this:

Central Bank cuts interest rate from 11% to 10.5%

http://www.1prime.biz/news/_Russian_cbank_says_cuts_key_rate_by_05_pp_to_105/0/%7B0838DC5F-E891-434F-8599-1E3CCEBE09C6%7D.uif

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:21 pm

The EU wants to keep the access to the Russian market

http://ria.ru/economy/20160611/1445827585.html

MOSCOW, 11 Jun — RIA Novosti. The share of Russia in goods turnover of the EU in recent years has fallen from 10 to 6%, while Brussels wants to maintain access to the Russian market, said the EU Ambassador in Moscow Vygaudas Usackas in an interview with portal Kaliningrad Pregel.me.

He noted that in numerous missions — from Kaliningrad to the Far East he met with representatives of Russian business and the vast majority of Russian businessmen and investors have believed and continue to believe that the EU is the main economic partner of Russia."
    According to the diplomat, this is confirmed by the facts: the EU accounts for 46% of Russian trade turnover, and from there to Russia receives 75% of foreign investment in the EU market, sold 70% of Russian hydrocarbons.
    "So Russia's dependence on the EU are obvious, as well as our desire to maintain its position in the Russian market of 140 million inhabitants and consumers. We want to keep access to your market. Although, I have to admit, in recent years the share of Russia in goods turnover of the EU fell from 10% to 6%," — said Ushatskas.
    According to Usackas, he has three years working with the EU Ambassador to Russia and will stay in this position for another year.
    "Unfortunately, these four years in my life and in relations between the EU and Russia will remain in history as a period of crisis management. I will go down in history as a "crisis Ambassador", "Ambassador-at-crises". From this point of view that I build my work, understanding the scale of the differences and realizing that we need to keep the bridges of communication and cooperation where possible. Differences appear and disappear. While the work of a diplomat is to preserve the best between us," he added.

After March 2014, the Crimea by referendum became part of Russia, the West was gradually imposed sanctions against her. In response, Moscow has restricted the import of food products from countries that joined the sanctions. The EU on 28 and 29 June will consider the issue on prolongation of anti-sanctions, which expires on July 31. The number of States willing to raise the issue on the abolition of restrictions.

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/economy/20160611/1445827585.html#ixzz4BGiEGIZL

This funny Litautas lies about amount of Russians for good beginning then adds "Independence on EU" interesting the why he wants Russia to open markets for EU goods?

Businessmen personally who? importers? bankers? xamsters? EU about to blop and Asia is on rise...

TheArmenian wrote:I am surprised nobody posted this:

Central Bank cuts interest rate from 11% to 10.5%

http://www.1prime.biz/news/_Russian_cbank_says_cuts_key_rate_by_05_pp_to_105/0/%7B0838DC5F-E891-434F-8599-1E3CCEBE09C6%7D.uif

because htis drop in 0,5% is a bit late and little? I would love to know how much this increase monay influx to Russian economy and why CBR having 0% inflation reported lately keeps such high interest.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Singular_trafo wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Taxing them more will just increase number of people wanting to hide their money away.   But I would agree though that if they give them some sort of incentives like increase taxes for these individuals caught hiding money abroad but lower it back down to normal if they bring money back.  But then again, rich people will find a way to move it somewhere else.  They always do.  Oligarches and other rich people do not hold a flag as some would say.

Taxation gives value to the currency, and creating the sovereign country.

They must be able to taxate everyone , without that ti won't work.

True but needs to be a practical solution too...any money earned in Russia must be taxed as in UK Google Tax depending on turnover not funny declarations. Also Investment in some industries should be possible only by Russian investors...i.e. entities keeping money in Russia and taxed to Russian law. But it is only fantasy I am afraid
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:56 pm

the EU accounts for 46% of Russian trade turnover,

A few years ago, it used to be over 50%.

and from there to Russia receives 75% of foreign investment in the EU market, sold 70% of Russian hydrocarbons.

Too much. It should be lowered.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:28 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

and from there to Russia receives 75% of foreign investment in the EU market, sold 70% of Russian hydrocarbons.

well that´s why Gauleiter from EU tries with usage of social engineering for dumies, to mentally subdue avg Russian showing: we mighty EU make you a favor, bend over simpletons.

Ad rem:yup you´re perfectly correct Russia needs to not only diversify but make sure EU has around 0 of influence on internal politics (aka eastern partnership, strasurg mikim mouse court, hage another us sondercommnado der juztitz ).

Cooperation on country level yes please why not. Italy sometimes France has good potential.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:44 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

Those numbers are not valid for 2015 and this year. Russian trade turnover with the EU has gone down by 40% since 2013.

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/russia/

billions of euro:

Year EU imports EU exports Balance
    2013 207.0 119.5 -87.5
    2014 182.4 103.2 -79.2
    2015 135.7 73.9 -61.8

Obviously Russia does not get much FDI from the EU

http://www.dailysabah.com/economy/2016/01/23/foreign-direct-investment-inflow-to-russia-down-92-pct-in-2015

(ignore the propaganda slant on the article).

As for 70% of Russian hydrocarbon exports, so what? When the gas pipelines to China are completed this will change.
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:44 am

India Funds Siberian Oil Quest With Its Cheapest Loans in Decade

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 pm