Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
Azi
higurashihougi
KiloGolf
Hannibal Barca
Bolt
MMBR
George1
zg18
miketheterrible
x_54_u43
calm
Isos
Regular
Cyberspec
PapaDragon
headshot69
DB1234
Skandalwitwe
Airman
Alex555
eehnie
VladimirSahin
The Ottoman
Project Canada
Godric
KoTeMoRe
Vann7
OminousSpudd
AK-Rex
AlfaT8
klahtinen
Firebird
Khepesh
storm333
BKP
GunshipDemocracy
ultimatewarrior
GarryB
famschopman
Erk
crod
d_taddei2
Odin of Ossetia
starman
arpakola
zorobabel
par far
TheArmenian
Zivo
franco
Big_Gazza
airstrike
auslander
Resistance
onwiththewar
Fred333
whir
Rodinazombie
wilhelm
gaurav
magnumcromagnon
Shadåw
medo
przemek
kvs
zepia
sepheronx
71 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10

Vann7

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10

Post  Vann7 Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:55 pm

@Resistance quote " 80 Russian soldiers arrived by helicopter to Castello today to guard the humanitarian corridor........" [/quote]

So you have been bitching for long Russia does not help the Syrian army.. but when they help
    now you complain they do it?  lol1   Russia is wrong regardless if helps or not ?  Rolling Eyes

Russia role in Syria ,have been consistently to make things as difficult as possible
    for NATO ,to over run Syria with its proxy terror fighters but without risking everything
    or a major full scale expensive war. and they have been effective in achieving this.. It even saved Syria Aleppo and Palmyra and Latakia to be over Run when they were in full retreat. So it have done a pretty decent gains there ,taking into account the limited force Russia deployed there.

This is a Syrian war and not a Russian war . Russia role there is only to help ,but they will not
    fight the war for Syria. Syrians needs to do that themselves. If Russia freeze the conflict for a long time.. it will have a very big chance save Syria from totally disbanding. Aside the enormous
    experience Russia is gaining there , will pay back in very substantial improvement not only in Russian tactics against fighting NATO new wars ,but also in development of technology to counter new ways terrorism fight wars with NATO logistics, training and weapons.
    Vann7

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10

Post  Vann7 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:34 am

Russian airstrikes propel the Syrian Army to recapture Khattab village in northern Hama

Hama, Syria (3:00 A.M.) – Two hours after withdrawing from Khattab in northern Hama, the Syrian Armed Forces recovered all of their lost points and established full control over this key town that is located just 5 km north of the provincial capital.

A military source from the Syrian Arab Army’s 11th Tank Division told Al-Masdar News on Tuesday night that the government forces managed to regain control of Khattab after Russian airstrikes repeatedly struck Jund Al-Aqsa’s (Al-Qaeda franchise) positions near the Mhardeh-Hama Road.

The Russian Air Force was mostly absent during the Syrian Arab Army’s losses in the northern Hama countryside on Tuesday; however, their presence tonight helped propel the government forces to recapture some of their lost points.

Clashes are currently ongoing at the northern outskirts of Khattab, as the Syrian Armed Forces attempt to recover more territory they lost on Tuesday.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/russian-airstrikes-propel-syrian-army-recapture-khattab-village-northern-hama/

Resistance

Post  Resistance Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:29 pm

Vann7 wrote:This is a Syrian war and not a Russian war .  Russia role there is only to help ,but they will not
    fight the war for Syria. Syrians needs to do that themselves.

Quit the bullshit. This is a global world now. Every country is linked to every other country. A border drew along the sand don't mean anything anymore. Syria is Russia. Russia is Syria. Syria's war is Russia's war. Russia's war is Syria's war. If Syria falls, Russia will fall. If Russia falls, Syria will fall.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:13 pm

Russian Su-34 Bombs Daesh Meeting, Killing Up to 40 Fighters in Syria's Aleppo

According to the Russian Defense Ministry, Russian airstrikes killed around 40 Daesh jihadist group in the Syrian province of Aleppo.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160831/1044808937/russia-fighter-bomber-syria-fighters.html

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Russian airstrikes killed around 40 Daesh jihadist group in the Syrian province of Aleppo, the Russian Defense Ministry said Wednesday. "On August 30, 2016, a mass gathering of Daesh fighters numbering up to 40 have been killed as a result of the Russian Su-34 bomber’s strike in the Maaratat-Umm Khaush area of Aleppo province," the ministry said. The Russian Defense Ministry confirmed that a second-in-command of the Daesh jihadist group has been killed in an airstrike in the Syrian province of Aleppo. "Among the killed terrorists confirmed through multiple intelligence channels was Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, better known as ‘official media spokesman’ of the Islamic State international terrorist group," the ministry said in a statement.

Syria has been mired in civil war since 2011, with government forces loyal to President Bashar Assad fighting numerous opposition factions and extremist groups. Aleppo has been under siege by militant groups, including Jaish al-Islam, Ahrar ash-Sham and Jabhat Fatah al Sham, formerly known as al-Nusra Front, classified as terrorist organization in Russia. The city has seen intense fighting over the past few months, with the Syrian army and local militia forces managing to encircle large groups of militants in the eastern districts of the city.

Abu Mohammed al-Adnani is dead. Poisoned by his enemies.  thumbsup  russia

Also, 40 dudes? As in Ali Baba and the 40 thieves? Priceless... lol1  Razz
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:50 am

Quit the bullshit. This is a global world now. Every country is linked to every other country. A border drew along the sand don't mean anything anymore. Syria is Russia. Russia is Syria. Syria's war is Russia's war. Russia's war is Syria's war. If Syria falls, Russia will fall. If Russia falls, Syria will fall.

If that dumb logic were true then the US is Russia and Russia is the US too so Russia needs to help the US win and only then can Russia win.

Wasn't that long ago you were demanding Russia leave Syria... why isn't India or China sending in troops?

Oh... that is right... it is not their fight.

Could say the same about Russia.

It is not in Russias interests to go in there and obliterate the enemies of Assad... at the end of the day there is no way they can kill every one of Assads enemies, so any future Syria will have will include Assad and some of Assads enemies.

With Russia fixing everything for Assad then he wont need to compromise on anything so Assads enemies will not likely agree to agree. Therefore any peace Russia imposes will not last and will eventually surface again as another war.

It is comparable to the Crimea... Russia didn't go in there and take everything over and then claim it as Russian. They did enough to enforce stability and peace and let the locals choose their own future.

If they went in and said this is Russian territory then more than likely a few would oppose this and start a rebellion against it, but by giving them a voice and a choice then people are more likely to accept the situation even if that was not their preferred choice.

Russia can help, but if Syrians want control of their own future then they have to make it happen.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:36 pm

Why are you feeding the troll Garry? That took your valuable time to write and you must know, given the tripe that he writes, that there is a very good chance it will either go straight over his head or be ignored.

You might not want to zap him but please, for the sake of rest of us here, don't encourage him.

Resistance

Post  Resistance Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:09 pm

GarryB wrote:

If that dumb logic were true then the US is Russia and Russia is the US too so Russia needs to help the US win and only then can Russia win.

Wasn't that long ago you were demanding Russia leave Syria... why isn't India or China sending in troops?

Oh... that is right... it is not their fight.

Could say the same about Russia.

It is not in Russias interests to go in there and obliterate the enemies of Assad... at the end of the day there is no way they can kill every one of Assads enemies, so any future Syria will have will include Assad and some of Assads enemies.

With Russia fixing everything for Assad then he wont need to compromise on anything so Assads enemies will not likely agree to agree. Therefore any peace Russia imposes will not last and will eventually surface again as another war.

It is comparable to the Crimea... Russia didn't go in there and take everything over and then claim it as Russian. They did enough to enforce stability and peace and let the locals choose their own future.

If they went in and said this is Russian territory then more than likely a few would oppose this and start a rebellion against it, but by giving them a voice and a choice then people are more likely to accept the situation even if that was not their preferred choice.

Russia can help, but if Syrians want control of their own future then they have to make it happen.

Russians have too many traitors who are pro west. If Syria falls, these traitors take over cities in Russia and turn Russia into Syria 2.0
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:05 pm

I really don't believe it Garry. Within 100 minutes my prediction came true and was spot on.

Right on cue, more thoughts from the clouds, OK, drivel.

Has this poster actually left school?
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:01 pm

It's a troll.
    Not a particular bright or funny one either.
    Makes others, such as myself, not even want to bother to contribute to the conversation, which is exactly what its aim is.
    Clutter the thread with ridiculous repetition until it's unreadable.

Some sentences (eg the Ak-74 stupidity) has been repeated almost word for word under 3 or 4 different usernames it uses over the last few months.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:57 pm

wilhelm wrote:It's a troll.
    Not a particular bright or funny one either.
    Makes others, such as myself, not even want to bother to contribute to the conversation, which is exactly what its aim is.
    Clutter the thread with ridiculous repetition until it's unreadable.

Some sentences (eg the Ak-74 stupidity) has been repeated almost word for word under 3 or 4 different usernames it uses over the last few months.

This is THE reason for my lack of posting and reduced interest in this forum thesedays. I dip in noe and then but its become pretty much unreadable due to the deluge of stupidity that is not just allowed, but seemingly encouraged by the mods on this site. I say encouraged, because it seems whenever people rightfully complain about such behavour the troll is defended and the bad guys are the ones doing the complaining.

I get this forum wants to be free for all opinions, thats great, but there is a big difference between having and sharing a differing opinion and trolling. By allowing the latter, you destroy the former, I for one would love to see the management here stop allowing the site to be cuckolded by morons. I dread to think how many members or potential members have been put off by this nonsense.

I dont expect anyone to take notice of my opinion, but im pretty sure that im not the only one who feels this way and its to the detriment of the site that this is cleaned up, otherwise the forum will just whither and die.

whir

Post  whir Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:57 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:This is THE reason for my lack of posting and reduced interest in this forum thesedays. I dip in noe and then but its become pretty much unreadable due to the deluge of stupidity that is not just allowed, but seemingly encouraged by the mods on this site. I say encouraged, because it seems whenever people rightfully complain about such behavour the troll is defended and the bad guys are the ones doing the complaining.

I get this forum wants to be free for all opinions, thats great, but there is a big difference between having and sharing a differing opinion and trolling. By allowing the latter, you destroy the former, I for one would love to see the management here stop allowing the site to be cuckolded by morons. I dread to think how many members or potential members have been put off by this nonsense.

I dont expect anyone to take notice of my opinion, but im pretty sure that im not the only one who feels this way and its to the detriment of the site that this is cleaned up, otherwise the forum will just whither and die.
    This, the senseless drivel and trolling is hurting the forum.
    Fred333
    Fred333

Post  Fred333 Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:41 pm

whir wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:This is THE reason for my lack of posting and reduced interest in this forum thesedays. I dip in noe and then but its become pretty much unreadable due to the deluge of stupidity that is not just allowed, but seemingly encouraged by the mods on this site. I say encouraged, because it seems whenever people rightfully complain about such behavour the troll is defended and the bad guys are the ones doing the complaining.

Yep. I understand the wish to have this be an open forum, but this is obviously a troll attack intended to hurt to functionality of the discussions here.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Fred333 wrote:
    whir wrote:

Yep. I understand the wish to have this be an open forum, but this is obviously a troll attack intended to hurt to functionality of the discussions here.

I will not be defending the trolls. Better without them, but at same time, I find many contributions to this forum that are fairly interesting.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:30 am

Everyone, just put him on ignore. We're wasting too much time on him. Please use the ignore function. It's not fun, but that's how it is.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:31 am

Why are you feeding the troll Garry? That took your valuable time to write and you must know, given the tripe that he writes, that there is a very good chance it will either go straight over his head or be ignored.

I don't see him as a troll.

I find him to be annoying quite a lot of the time, but I am not bothered by the fact that he does not like Putin and will blame him at his first opportunity.

I don't think he will willingly go away so I might as well discuss things with him.

Shock horror I might influence him a little... or not, but it never hurts to have your own beliefs challenged... if I can't explain to him why he is wrong then how can I think I am right?

Russians have too many traitors who are pro west. If Syria falls, these traitors take over cities in Russia and turn Russia into Syria 2.0

There are people who think of themselves only in every country... are you suggesting every country is on the brink of failure if Syria falls?

How would these pro western aholes take over in Russia... whether Syria falls or not?

Libya fell... nothing much changed in Russia. Iraq and Afghanistan were occupied by NATO and nothing much changed in Russia.

Everyone, just put him on ignore. We're wasting too much time on him. Please use the ignore function. It's not fun, but that's how it is.

Part of my job to read his posts... instead of sympathising with my situation I get criticised...

If you can read a thread and ignore his posts then you can do the same with my posts where I respond.

First of all you are suggesting we can get rid of all 16 year old anti Putin anti Russian fanbois just by banning... that sounds like a full time job in itself.

Second I do listen to every ones opinion. I am not modding this forum to suit me, I am trying to suit its members, but at the end of the day I don't want to be banning people and making this a yes man forum where everyone sounds like the opposite of the US State department...
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:27 pm

Fighting all over Syria. Looks like Putin's ceasefire is a big failure. Where are those hundreds of settlements that reconciled? All fake. Russia MOD lies lies lies lies lies lies everyday. Just read this and you see why.

https://twitter.com/mod_russia
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Kord at Aleppo cheers

https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/771540925789069312

Resistance

Post  Resistance Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:08 pm

China selling shit loads of cheap Wing Loong attack drones to Saudi Arabia. SAA will need plenty of Pantsir S2 to knock them down if Jaysh Fateh is supplied these.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/saudi-arabia-buys-drones-china/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:36 pm

I'm sorry Garry but you are playing coy here.

The same arguments, down to the character are being peddled nickname after nickname on at least 6 forums so far. He gets banned he crates a new account. That to me is the definition of a bot (troll).

He's the epitome of trolling, it's just that for some reason you try and sell us the principle soap. Ok, I've learnt to deal with it and frankly an ignore is enough, but the irony isn't lost.
    Shadåw
    Shadåw

Post  Shadåw Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:55 pm

Take note of the fact he spammed three posts in a row all containing thing's which could've been compressed into a single post. But no he posted three times in a row and clogged up the thread oh..and he diden't reply to Garry, can we ban him for spamming/trolling already?
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:58 pm

I am a direct descendant of Sun Tzu, the greatest strategist who ever lived. Listen to Sun Tzu, and you shall live. Don't listen to Sun Tzu, and you will surely die. There were many arrogant people, Hitler, Saddam, Gaddafi, Mussolini, Napoleon. They all had the same fate. Not listening to Sun Tzu.
    onwiththewar
    onwiththewar

Post  onwiththewar Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Guys, our comedian is at his best.

Resistance wrote:I am a direct descendant of Sun Tzu.

There are almost 20 million people in China under the Surname Sun, what makes you the direct descendant ?
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:26 am

Does anyone know how much arms and ammo Russia ships to SAA every month? I suspect it's more than bad people get from Serbia and Bulgaria.

https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/771785555512287232

https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/771808380683948033
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 pm

The same arguments, down to the character are being peddled nickname after nickname on at least 6 forums so far. He gets banned he crates a new account. That to me is the definition of a bot (troll).

He's the epitome of trolling, it's just that for some reason you try and sell us the principle soap. Ok, I've learnt to deal with it and frankly an ignore is enough, but the irony isn't lost.

Take note of the fact he spammed three posts in a row all containing thing's which could've been compressed into a single post. But no he posted three times in a row and clogged up the thread oh..and he diden't reply to Garry, can we ban him for spamming/trolling already?

I have spoken to him directly several times and sent several PMs and had no replies...

I therefore suspect he is actually a sophisticated BOT...

And I have taken the considered decision to ban him permanently as a BOT.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:27 pm

GarryB wrote:

I have spoken to him directly several times and sent several PMs and had no replies...

I therefore suspect he is actually a sophisticated BOT...

And I have taken the considered decision to ban him permanently as a BOT.

A thousand blessings upon you. I've had him on cosmic ignore for ages but you and I both know he'll be back and he'll be right back on my ignore list under his new handle.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:24 am