Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+63
Regular
Heartbeer
AlfaT8
PapaDragon
Dima
KomissarBojanchev
Vann7
Cyberspec
ult
cracker
Zivo
Cyrus the great
Bolt
sheytanelkebir
Karl Haushofer
Bidoul
Walther von Oldenburg
victor1985
Godric
coolieno99
d_taddei2
Solncepek
Book.
BKP
Cowboy's daughter
Prince Darling
whir
zg18
Airbornewolf
ultron
Kyo
GarryB
Neutrality
par far
auslander
Werewolf
iraqidabab
Siempre_Leal
Khepesh
Project Canada
flamming_python
Hachimoto
x_54_u43
Stealthflanker
jhelb
wilhelm
Shadåw
franco
mack8
medo
Akula971
George1
Erk
Monarchist
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
NationalRus
HUNTER VZLA
OminousSpudd
max steel
Rodinazombie
JohninMK
67 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:45 am

zg18 wrote:Servicemen drinks "yerba mate" drink  Very Happy

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 CRyemMNWoAEtVkN

He's going to stay awake for a while and never have cancer.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:31 am

Cyberspec wrote:

Watch How #SAA Send #Darayya Rebels Flying to Their 72 Virgins (looks like an airstrike to me)
    https://twitter.com/Ibra_Joudeh/status/656488872445149184
    Looks like a pair of bombs making their day.
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:05 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    zg18 wrote:Servicemen drinks "yerba mate" drink  Very Happy

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 CRyemMNWoAEtVkN

He's going to stay awake for a while and never have cancer.
    It's actually "hierba mate" and must be from Argentina. Extremely healthy stuff.
    Oops! Also spelled "yerba mate", just looked up in the Spanish dictionary.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:24 am

I thought that stuff was supposed to cause cancer?
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:37 am

Kyo wrote:It's actually "hierba mate" and must be from Argentina. Extremely healthy stuff.
    Oops! Also spelled "yerba mate", just looked up in the Spanish dictionary.

Yeah it`s very popular in Middle East , Lebanon is one of the biggest importers. I will need to try it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who controls what in southern Aleppo according to so-called FSA

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 CRzAFStUYAAXgTZ

Last edited by zg18 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:38 am

sepheronx wrote:I thought that stuff was supposed to cause cancer?

My Sarcasm Fu isn't as good as it was supposed to be. Went on Wiki to check, well it actually helps prevent cancer...in French but causes it in English...
    Cyrus the great

Post  Cyrus the great Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:12 am

Look at this terrible piece of propaganda. http://www.businessinsider.com.au/us-and-russia-planes-in-syria-2015-10
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 am

Cyrus the great wrote:
    Look at this terrible piece of propaganda. http://www.businessinsider.com.au/us-and-russia-planes-in-syria-2015-10

Look at the guy that reposts it here. Honestly, do you post these here hoping someone takes the time out of their schedules to refute that garbage and make you feel better?

Talking about K/D ratio...in conflicts with downgraded Soviet equipment in use. I am sure it had nothing to do with an extensive ISR capability and downgraded Soviet equipment in usage in those conflicts.

Sad to think people actually read this low level garbage, propagated by those behind the scenes working to discredit anything linked to Russia.

I wonder if you are associated with them.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:42 am

Cyrus the great wrote:

Good God that was a tough read, not even counting the grammatical errors.

"There’s already been one alarming incident: According to AFP, announced on October 14th that one of its planes had approached a US aircraft over Syria “for identification purposes,” with one Russian official explaining that Russian aircraft “often come within visual recognition distance of US warplanes and drones.”

So what would happen if Russian and US aircraft began shooting at one another over Syria?

I think the obvious question this tool should be asking is; Why the hell are there US aircraft over Syria in the first place?

Look at the guy that reposts it here. Honestly, do you post these here hoping someone takes the time out of their schedules to refute that garbage and make you feel better?

Talking about K/D ratio...in conflicts with downgraded Soviet equipment in use. I am sure it had nothing to do with an extensive ISR capability and downgraded Soviet equipment in usage in those conflicts.

Sad to think people actually read this low level garbage, propagated by those behind the scenes working to discredit anything linked to Russia.

That cheap propaganda is a reminder that we're on the side of truth.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:57 am

Thermobaric Bombs possibly used

Activist : #RuAF #RussianAirStrikes Target #حمص #Rastan with around 36 "Vacuum Missiles"
    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/656595557700366336
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:09 am

x_54_u43 wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:

Agreed.

Not to mention that the planes that surprised the US are the same Su-30SM's that India uses (although, the Russian one uses more Russian parts and supposedly more up to date radar Bars-M), that also, during Indian exercises like Red Fag stirred the most trouble as well as defeated those Typhoons pretty easily. And this isn't the first time that they were surprised by such equipment.

So what does that tell about the American equipment then?
    Cyrus the great

Post  Cyrus the great Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:11 am

x_54_u43 wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:

Wow, just wow.

Why on earth are you going on the attack when other posters routinely provide links to shameless Western propaganda in order to open it up for discussion and critique? Do I do this gratuitously? Do I have a history of maligning Russia's military capabilities? How on earth am I 'associated' with them? Am I a Western cheerleader, a flunkey, an apologist? Do I have posts in line with your accusations? No? Then please don't bite my head off. Your post is a mix of needless hostility and paranoia. I admit that I direct a lot of questions to intelligent and knowledgeable posters like Werewolf and Garry B, and should they inform me that they find this annoying in the slightest, I will stop, immediately.

Last edited by Cyrus the great on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:27 am

Cyberspec wrote:Thermobaric Bombs possibly used

Activist : #RuAF #RussianAirStrikes Target #حمص #Rastan with around 36 "Vacuum Missiles"

Apparently somewhere i read thermobaric weapons like TOS-1.. and later interpret it..

That the Themobaric Missiles if propertly used in the right numbers not only will kill by the explosion but any terrorist hiding underground could be killed too.. even if not hit by the
    explosion directly..because the the vacuum bombs create a void of oxygen for some time..and people will have no oxygen and could die too of Suffocation and Asphyxia. Also the shockwave of the bomb and air pressure? apparently can kill people even if u are inside a tank and close to the explosion.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:30 am

Vann7 wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Thermobaric Bombs possibly used

Apparently somewhere i read thermobaric weapons like TOS-1.. and later interpret it..

That the Themobaric Missiles if propertly used in the right numbers not only will kill by the explosion but any terrorist hiding underground could be killed too.. even if not hit by the
    explosion directly..because the the vacuum bombs create a void of oxygen for some time..and people will have no oxygen and could die too of Suffocation and Asphyxia. Also the shockwave of the bomb and air pressure? apparently can kill people even if u are inside a tank and close to the explosion.

It has less to do with asphyxiation from a lack of oxygen, and more with your lungs being turned inside out.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:47 am

Reduced oxygen is one way they kill, but the pressure and heat is the primary way.

To get the targets lungs to turn inside out you would have to create a vacuum... FAEs don't do that... they just burn off the O2 content in the air.
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:50 am

There are too many veiled interests wrt yerba mate, esp coming from competitor soft drinks such as Coca-Cola and others. For reference on its healthy properties,
    http://mejorconsalud.com/los-increibles-beneficios-de-la-yerba-mate-en-la-salud/
    Spanish for The Incredible Healthy Benefits of Yerba Mate.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:28 pm

For decades there was myth how tea served in Yugoslavian/Serbian army was affecting soldiers capability to have kids/sexyal potency Very Happy Mostly spead by older soldiers to newbies haha Smile Tho there truly was some kind of shot they would give you when you join army that would literally boost your immune system, to prevent you from being sick. Normally if i spent 36h wet outside trying to set some antennas id tomorrow die from pneumonia, in army..noone would even sneeze.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:34 pm

GarryB wrote:Reduced oxygen is one way they kill, but the pressure and heat is the primary way.

To get the targets lungs to turn inside out you would have to create a vacuum... FAEs don't do that... they just burn off the O2 content in the air.

They do create vacuum, but its more of a rarefaction rather than real vacuum, like people like to claim. Its low relative pressure following a blast.

"A Human Rights Watch report of 1 February 2000. quotes a study made by the US Defense Intelligence Agency:

The [blast] kill mechanism against living targets is unique–and unpleasant.... What kills is the pressure wave, and more importantly, the subsequent rarefaction [vacuum], which ruptures the lungs.... If the fuel deflagrates but does not detonate, victims will be severely burned and will probably also inhale the burning fuel. Since the most common FAE fuels, ethylene oxide and propylene oxide, are highly toxic, undetonated FAE should prove as lethal to personnel caught within the cloud as most chemical agents.

The effect of an FAE explosion within confined spaces is immense. Those near the ignition point are obliterated. Those at the fringe are likely to suffer many internal, and thus invisible injuries, including burst eardrums and crushed inner ear organs, severe concussions, ruptured lungs and internal organs, and possibly blindness." Another Defense Intelligence Agency document speculates that because the "shock and pressure waves cause minimal damage to brain tissue…it is possible that victims of FAEs are not rendered unconscious by the blast, but instead suffer for several seconds or minutes while they suffocate."

Original document: http://www.hrw.org/report/2000/02/01/backgrounder-russian-fuel-air-explosives-vacuum-bombs[/i]

So you are both kinda right in their own way.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Time for some humor - rebels sending inflated condoms in the air, hoping Russian aircraft will crash into them:
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Time for some humor - rebels sending inflated condoms in the air, hoping Russian aircraft will crash into them:
    Must have no virgins anymore.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Kyo wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Time for some humor - rebels sending inflated condoms in the air, hoping Russian aircraft will crash into them:
    Must have no virgins anymore.
    No, this is their new way of communicating now that the Russian EW has shut down their C&C operations and comms networks. Bit like smoke signals. I noticed that the message on the card under the 'balloons' said "send more TOWs" Smile
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:25 pm

WW-II Aerial mine make a comeback in Syria Very Happy

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 CR0s33_WIAAtmjl

Aleppo aftermach of Russian bombing.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 CR2BkvwWEAARX6l

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 CR2Bkv1WIAAOlDA

More paved area near SU30s for auxiliary vehicles.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 27 CR2BkvwWEAARX6l

More paved area near SU30s for auxiliary vehicles.
    Nothing like the smell of fresh asphalt under the mess tent whilst you relaxing awaiting a QRA call.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:23 am