Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+63
Regular
Heartbeer
AlfaT8
PapaDragon
Dima
KomissarBojanchev
Vann7
Cyberspec
ult
cracker
Zivo
Cyrus the great
Bolt
sheytanelkebir
Karl Haushofer
Bidoul
Walther von Oldenburg
victor1985
Godric
coolieno99
d_taddei2
Solncepek
Book.
BKP
Cowboy's daughter
Prince Darling
whir
zg18
Airbornewolf
ultron
Kyo
GarryB
Neutrality
par far
auslander
Werewolf
iraqidabab
Siempre_Leal
Khepesh
Project Canada
flamming_python
Hachimoto
x_54_u43
Stealthflanker
jhelb
wilhelm
Shadåw
franco
mack8
medo
Akula971
George1
Erk
Monarchist
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
NationalRus
HUNTER VZLA
OminousSpudd
max steel
Rodinazombie
JohninMK
67 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

ult

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

Post  ult Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

Post  Siempre_Leal Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Cyberspec wrote:Well more tanks on the way pirat ...reportedly port of Novorosijsk

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 5 -S8aNX7b1FM
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 5 OG8UGtgqqMg

not bad, what version are these T-72s? T-72B?
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 5 Vctrg710

We conquer the whole World and Russia also.
    Plan "B"
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    max steel wrote:

This video contains material that I have been looking for for many months. From about 1:37 to 2:20 it includes a segment from a full-length clip from many month ago that shows the Iranian airforce or the IRGC airforce in action in Iraq. I have seen the full-length clip I am referring to, but I can't find it on the YouTube anymore.

Does someone have a link to the clip I am referring to?

This is neither Russian nor Iranian air force. It's Iraqi air force and army aviation, in the video you see Mi-35M attacks as well as hellfire missiles being used.
    The clips, you can find them on youtube channel: Iraqi MoD. Old clips btw.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Siempre_Leal wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Well more tanks on the way pirat ...reportedly port of Novorosijsk

not bad, what version are these T-72s? T-72B?

Yep, T72B, i belive i see 1K13 sight on the left side of the turret so it should be B.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Vann7 wrote:

the propaganda is getting desperate sometimes, i immediately recognized the video at the end of the catched "sniper" with a "shotgun" with which he "sniped".... it was big news here in germany, it was a german hunter and a swedish one in tunisia who hunted legally ther only then the overthrow happened (not the best time to have a gun) he was later released when the mistake was found out by the police when the army saved them from the mob

Uploaded on Jan 16, 2011

lol!

Last edited by NationalRus on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Nice of Russia but they need certain upgrades for them to be effective. Thermal being one of them. Maybe an active protective system.
    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

Post  Siempre_Leal Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks Militarov
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:39 pm

sepheronx wrote:

Nice of Russia but they need certain upgrades for them to be effective. Thermal being one of them.  Maybe an active protective system.

like what shtora system? build by gnomes and paid by fairy's?

a good cage can be added around the tank even in syria for far greater protection, in terms of the sight, well cant see which one is added ther by i surely hope its a better one then the most tanks in syria have right now

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Siempre_Leal wrote:Thanks Militarov

You welcome. Not that its of great importance but they can fire 9M119 Svir and 9M119M Refleks GLATGMs, Syrians operate mix of T72M/M1/M1V with last one being often called "AV" by people for... unknown reason.
    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

Post  Siempre_Leal Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:44 pm

From Syria with Love

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 5 GlvEt2i
    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

Post  Siempre_Leal Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Militarov wrote:

You welcome. Not that its of great importance but they can fire 9M119 Svir and 9M119M Refleks GLATGMs, Syrians operate mix of T72M/M1/M1V with last one being often called "AV" by people for... unknown reason.

I think it came from a translation or mis-translation when Anna news were interviewing a T-72 tanker in Daraya ever since then "AV" sticked.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Siempre_Leal wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

I think it came from a translation or mis-translation when Anna news were interviewing a T-72 tanker in Daraya ever since then "AV" sticked.

Some sources claimed Syria obtained 300 T72As in early 80s however there was never confirmation of that, coz its basically impossible to tell, it might be some half breed between T72M and T72A however i do not belive they ever got delivered Urals as they were for USSR domestic use. So that MIGHT be also one of the reasons for that.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:59 pm

NationalRus wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Nice of Russia but they need certain upgrades for them to be effective. Thermal being one of them.  Maybe an active protective system.

like what shtora system? build by gnomes and paid by fairy's?

a good cage can be added around the tank even in syria for far greater protection, in terms of the sight, well cant see which one is added ther by i surely hope its a better one then the most tanks in syria have right now

Good point. They could also do it through offers like get newer capable tanks for fraction of cost for contracts to Russian companies like Gazprom or Lukoil for Syrias energy development.

But yes, cage armor would do wonders.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 pm

iraqidabab wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    max steel wrote:

This video contains material that I have been looking for for many months. From about 1:37 to 2:20 it includes a segment from a full-length clip from many month ago that shows the Iranian airforce or the IRGC airforce in action in Iraq. I have seen the full-length clip I am referring to, but I can't find it on the YouTube anymore.

Does someone have a link to the clip I am referring to?

This is neither Russian nor Iranian air force. It's Iraqi air force and army aviation, in the video you see Mi-35M attacks as well as hellfire missiles being used.
    The clips, you can find them on youtube channel: Iraqi MoD. Old clips btw.

Yup that's Iraqis blowing up shit (literally). Those M-Crocs, how do your pilots rate them Iraqidabab?
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:18 pm

"Insurgents" Shell Russian Embassy In Syria After Al-Qaeda Calls For Jihad Against Russian Civilians

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-13/insurgents-shell-russian-embassy-syria-after-al-qaeda-calls-jihad-against-russian-ci
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:41 pm

There are no Hellfires used, Ataka's/Shturm's.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu

The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.

So did they, like publish official document or something... lol1  lol1  lol1
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:15 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu

The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.

Can Russia now start testing a few FOABs on them bases? russia
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:22 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Well, that's a double strike against me. Let's sum this up. I am now the subject of a yeehad for two reasons, I am Russian and American, and the orcs consider me/us terrorists and separatists. What next, our four legged children will turn on us because they didn't get rib eye for dinner?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:25 pm

auslander wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Well, that's a double strike against me. Let's sum this up. I am now the subject of a yeehad for two reasons, I am Russian and American, and the orcs consider me/us terrorists and separatists. What next, our four legged children will turn on us because they didn't get rib eye for dinner?

In your case my friend, I believe following song would be appropriate...lol1 russia

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Sour grapes?

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The United States saw no indication that the Syrian army, supported by Russian air force, made any advances on the territories seized by the Islamic State (ISIL) terrorists, Operation Inherent Resolve spokesperson Steve Warren said on Tuesday. “I haven’t seen any indication that the Assad regime has been able to make progress based on the Russian airstrikes,” Warren stated in a briefing.

Warren’s statement contradicts recent reports by the Syrian authorities.

On Saturday, political chief of the Syrian army, Gen. Samir Suleiman, said Syrian forces continued advances on the territories seized by IS terrorists, and over the past days liberated a valley 15 miles away from the city of Idlib. The Syrian general added that Russian airstrikes that destroyed ammunition depots and militant bases in the valley and in the major city of Jisr al-Shughur, a stronghold of militants, seriously undermined the militants' fighting capabilities and provided the Syrian army with an opportunity to attack.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151013/1028476760/assad-forces-russia-support.html#ixzz3oTVCSHwx
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:46 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

In your case my friend, I believe following song would be appropriate...lol1 russia

Right back at ya, sonny! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAvtSANtlao russia russia
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:54 pm

JohninMK wrote:Sour grapes?

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The United States saw no indication that the Syrian army, supported by Russian air force, made any advances on the territories seized by the Islamic State (ISIL) terrorists, Operation Inherent Resolve spokesperson Steve Warren said on Tuesday. “I haven’t seen any indication that the Assad regime has been able to make progress based on the Russian airstrikes,” Warren stated in a briefing.

Warren’s statement contradicts recent reports by the Syrian authorities.

On Saturday, political chief of the Syrian army, Gen. Samir Suleiman, said Syrian forces continued advances on the territories seized by IS terrorists, and over the past days liberated a valley 15 miles away from the city of Idlib. The Syrian general added that Russian airstrikes that destroyed ammunition depots and militant bases in the valley and in the major city of Jisr al-Shughur, a stronghold of militants, seriously undermined the militants' fighting capabilities and provided the Syrian army with an opportunity to attack.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151013/1028476760/assad-forces-russia-support.html#ixzz3oTVCSHwx

Because the US didn't include the "moderate rebels" in their sight..
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:43 pm

[quote="PapaDragon"]

The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian  citizens.

I remember back in 80ès Soviet secret service guys actually cut heads to terrorists in Lebanon for abducting Soviet citizens and throw the bag with cut heads to sheikh house., Abducted were returned and things calmed down. Russians basically have better understanding of their psychology than the West. As it was said in one of old Soviet movies White Sun of the desert (восток дело тонкое петруха)

Last edited by max steel on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:22 am; edited 4 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am