Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+4
miketheterrible
AMCXXL
Benya
milkavkaz
8 posters

milkavkaz info

milkavkaz

milkavkaz info Empty milkavkaz info

Post  milkavkaz Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 pm

AMCXXL wrote:
    The two better websites with enough current data were warfare.ru/warfare.be, closed last year and milkavkaz.net written by a russian, recently locked
    I see in this forum , some information copied from milkavkaz.net
    It's really bad luck not to have copied the whole web (even in russian), despite their errors/omissions

Benya wrote:
    I don't know that who and why did downed those two sites, I have visited both of them frequently (mostly milkavkaz). It's a pity  Neutral . However I have managed to find milkavkaz in a web archive, and collected some info. I plan to get my ORBAT topics back on track by September with updates to the Ground Forces and VKS ORBAT threads, and adding the Navy's.

franco wrote:
    milkavkaz (actually an Ukrainian) tried to sell his site for about 6 months while trying to get a job with any Western Think Tank. Believe he is still looking for a job but his site is gone. Could either be the new Ukrainian internet regulations or his domain had expired.
    vlad before those two was also an excellant source of information. He has been gone for at least 10 years.
    Plus several others and I always copy Wink

My name is Taimuraz Alborov, I am the owner of the Milkavkaz blog. I'm from Russia and not from Ukraine. The blog was closed at the request of the Russian government

AMCXXL wrote:

Benya wrote:
    I don't know that who and why did downed those two sites, I have visited both of them frequently (mostly milkavkaz). It's a pity  Neutral . However I have managed to find milkavkaz in a web archive, and collected some info. I plan to get my ORBAT topics back on track by September with updates to the Ground Forces and VKS ORBAT threads, and adding the Navy's.

It's easy to imagine: "KGB" Laughing

you're right KGB FSB

AMCXXL wrote:

Warfare and milkavkaz was good for the numbers and locations of missile regments and things like that but not for other things, as that particular aircraft are in service
    The satellite is useful but not conclusive
    The matter with the soviet weapons , is Rusiia have a lot of them and is not posible to know exactely what weapon is in use and what is in reserve or retired
    For example if you look Armavir , you could see some Mig-29 , more of 20 , the same at Kuschevskaya , more of 30 , Privolzsky,etc...

On milkavkaz published only aircraft in service

AMCXXL wrote:
    But how many are flying rigth now???
    Last year about 6-7 UB´s at Armavir and similar number in Kuschevskaya
    This year in Armavir only fly Yak-130,  and in Kuschevskaya one squadron of 12-14 Mig-29UB
    The rest are "stored" or in reserve, many with paint in poor condition. The same happends with other units

It's easy to find out on spotter sites and aviation online forums

GarryB likes this post

Benya
    Benya

milkavkaz info Empty Re: milkavkaz info

Post  Benya Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:02 pm

milkavkaz wrote:My name is Taimuraz Alborov, I am the owner of the Milkavkaz blog. I'm from Russia and not from Ukraine. The blog was closed at the request of the Russian government

you're right KGB FSB

Hi welcome Nice to meet you!

So that means that we are next?
    AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 pm

milkavkaz wrote:
    My name is Taimuraz Alborov, I am the owner of the Milkavkaz blog. I'm from Russia and not from Ukraine. The blog was closed at the request of the Russian government:

I undrestand that "from Russia" means: citizen of the Russian Federation
    You can be "from Russia" and be ucranian, tartar, chechen, nenets ,yakut, etc...
    I dont think the information of your blog are known for CIA or MI6 , not very understable a govern request a citizen to close a webpage

you're right KGB FSB

The names change, but the job remains the same

On milkavkaz published only aircraft in service
    It's easy to find out on spotter sites and aviation online forums

Sorry to say , planes in service change every day. Intense remodeling and maintenance of airforce
    There are hundreds of soviet Migs and Sukhois out of service , once new airplanes are coming
    Some in service aircraft go to repairs and are replaced for others parked in reserve and just repaired and repainted.They are even changed of airbase and tail number
    You had a big blog with a lot of information of all branches, articles, etc... , and I understand you try to get the better information but is simply imposible
    In that sites write people as you or me and not all information is correct, or well new changes happen often
    Thousend and thousend of photos of planes in internet of different places and dates, but is necesary research dates and places plane by plane and discard a lot of information obsolete
    About other information, was very good , some unkonow units (training , research , special purpose units, etc..)with unit numbers and locations[/quote]
    [/quote]

benya wrote:
    Hi welcome Nice to meet you!

Of course not, all the information I said here is taken from open sources
    If Russian Goverment dont want people see their airplanes , misiles or tanks , they would simply keep the bases closed and no photographs would be allowed inside  or around them

Last edited by AMCXXL on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    milkavkaz

Post  milkavkaz Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Benya wrote:

If the information is collected from open sources, then there will be nothing serious, but they will still be asked to remove it.

If you are related to the Russian armed forces or have received information from Russian military servicemen, then this is very serious.
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:30 pm

milkavkaz wrote:If the information is collected from open sources, then there will be nothing serious, but they will still be asked to remove it.

It was from open sources. So far, I have never received any mail or anything regarding them. But then should I remove them?

If you are related to the Russian armed forces or have received information from Russian military servicemen, then this is very serious.

Luckily I didn't. I'm just a civilian with no military connections. However I'm from a country that is a member of NATO.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:30 pm

At least they didn't arrest you.

Question: did you try to sell to western think tank or try to get a job with them? If so, that is a pity.
    milkavkaz

Post  milkavkaz Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:40 pm

AMCXXL wrote:
    I undrestand that "from Russia" means: citizen of the Russian Federation
    You can be "from Russia" and be ucranian, tartar, chechen, nenet ,yakut, etc...
    I am a resident and citizen of the Russian Federation

AMCXXL wrote:
    I dont think the information of your blog are unkonow for CIA or MI6 , not very understable a govern request a citizen to close a webpage
    I understood so in connection with the latest developments in the world, they launched a campaign to hide information about the armed forces from open sources. Moreover, servicemen will also be forbidden to use social networks, forums and spread any information about their activities.

AMCXXL wrote:

Sorry to say , planes in service change every day. Intense remodeling and maintenance of airforce
    There are hundreds of soviet Migs and Sukhois out of service , once new airplanes are coming
    Some in service aircraft go to repairs and are replaced for others parked in reserve and just repaired and repainted.They are even changed of airbase and tail number
    With the help of OSIN aviation forums, spotter sites it is possible to obtain detailed registers for all types of aircraft and helicopters when they are being repaired, transferred to another military unit, the registration number is changed (its color) registration number is RF -......

AMCXXL wrote:
    In that sites write people as you or me and not all information is correct, or well new changes happen often
    If you regularly collect information, you can collect very detailed information and regularly supplement, correct inaccuracies.

In aviation, collecting information is easiest, because there are a lot of websites, forums, spotters and just interested in.

GarryB likes this post

milkavkaz

Post  milkavkaz Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:47 pm

Benya wrote: However I'm from a country that is a member of NATO.
    If you do not live and do not go to Russia, then there is nothing to be afraid of.

miketheterrible wrote:At least they didn't arrest you.
    I have no relation to the Russian armed forces and have not received any information from their servicemen. All information is collected from open sources: sites, forums and social networks

miketheterrible wrote:
    Question: did you try to sell to western think tank or try to get a job with them? If so, that is a pity.
    No, I did not try to work with anyone, but I would like to leave Russia
    AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:50 pm

milkavkaz wrote:
    Benya wrote:

If the information is collected from open sources, then there will be nothing serious, but they will still be asked to remove it.

Of course if a russian military servicemen published secret information , he will be jailed. But this means technical information or critical information for the state
    If you live in Rusian Federation you can be asked to close the page , under Federal the laws
    In the rest of the world , FSB has no jurisdiction
    The only matter for a web like this is an attack of a hacker
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:59 pm

milkavkaz wrote:If you do not live and do not go to Russia, then there is nothing to be afraid of.

So that means that I can't travel to Russia?

Anyway, since this site isn't Wikileaks, plus secret material never gets published into the internet (leaking isn't really publishing, since it is done illegally), neither you or anyone of us will become the next Bradley (AKA "Chelsea") Manning Arrow
    AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:00 am

milkavkaz wrote:
    With the help of OSIN aviation forums, spotter sites it is possible to obtain detailed registers for all types of aircraft and helicopters when they are being repaired, transferred to another military unit, the registration number is changed (its color) registration number is RF -......
    Half of planes still haven,t RF- and the new planes are handed over without RF-,
    You listed tail numbers.It's not a criticism, I understand you have not enough time for all. I spent a lot of time only with planes and the history of soviet/russian air forces
    milkavkaz

Post  milkavkaz Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:05 am

Benya wrote:

Decide to go or not of course your right but I would not recommend you do it. Russia is not a civilized country. A person from the NATO country collecting information about the armed forces of the Russian Federation will unequivocally cause them suspicion

I myself want to leave here as soon as there is an opportunity for this

AMCXXL wrote:and the new planes are handed over without RF-,
    Yes, almost always new planes and helicopters are transferred without the RF numbers, but then in the military unit they receive it

Last edited by milkavkaz on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:10 am

milkavkaz wrote:Decide to go or not of course your right but I would not recommend you do it. Russia is not a civilized country. A person from the NATO country collecting information about the armed forces of the Russian Federation will unequivocally cause them suspicion

Indeed, but how will they know that who I am? Other than that, I have said that I'm a civilian, plus at the moment, I have stopped doing these ORBAT stuff, and I don't really want to continue it.
    AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:15 am

milkavkaz wrote:
    Benya wrote:

Decide to go or not of course your right but I would not recommend you do it. Russia is not a civilized country. A person from the NATO country collecting information about the armed forces of the Russian Federation will unequivocally cause them suspicion

In a country 100% of the people do not agree with the situation , of course
    I also do not agree with NATO aggression to other countries and the current way of life, established in the last 20 years  
    I would not mind living in Russia
    You had a moderately organized country unlike Western chaos and destruction, but you decided to spoil it by propaganda and western myths
    What you see on TV is all lies,(Fake News as Mr. Trum sais) here is a lot of poverty and moral misery
    milkavkaz

Post  milkavkaz Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 am

Benya wrote:
    milkavkaz wrote:Decide to go or not of course your right but I would not recommend you do it. Russia is not a civilized country. A person from the NATO country collecting information about the armed forces of the Russian Federation will unequivocally cause them suspicion

Indeed, but how will they know that who I am? Other than that, I have said that I'm a civilian, plus at the moment, I have stopped doing these ORBAT stuff, and I don't really want to continue it.
    You decide, I just expressed my opinion
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 am

Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am

milkavkaz wrote:You decide, I just expressed my opinion

Well, I expected a bit more detailed answer.

Anyway, since I have currently stopped doing this kind of stuff, I would like to know that should I worry any more, and should I start to delete my threads about Russian military ORBATs?

To be extremely honest, you have spooked me big time, you know Very Happy
    milkavkaz

Post  milkavkaz Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Benya wrote:
    milkavkaz wrote:You decide, I just expressed my opinion

Well, I expected a bit more detailed answer.

Anyway, since I have currently stopped doing this kind of stuff, I would like to know that should I worry any more, and should I start to delete my threads about Russian military ORBATs?

To be extremely honest, you have spooked me big time, you know Very Happy

If you are outside the jurisdiction of the FSB (not in Russia) you have nothing to fear

However, if you are on the territory of Russia, you should take care of such things more carefully. At least not publicly
    Lazypau

Post  Lazypau Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Where did you find the information? A lot of news channel was using your information.

Lazypau likes this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:23 pm

Lazypau wrote:Where did you find the information? A lot of news channel was using your information.

He has been offline for years. This site used data from his to start this interactive map. Not 100% but it is something for you.

https://www.gfsis.org/maps/view/russian-military-forces
    Lazypau

Post  Lazypau Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:34 pm

Lazypau wrote:Where did you find the information? A lot of news channel was using your information.

He is super active in Telegram: t.me/s/talborov
    welcome
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:19 am

To be extremely honest, you have spooked me big time, you know

Relax.

It is their job to stop people revealing military secrets... if you only use open sources and things found already published on the internet then you are fine.

If you had been paying attention you would have noticed Auslander is being very careful what he tells us and what he talks about... I suspect not because he doesn't want to get in trouble, but because he doesn't want to reveal information that might get his friends and family and those who gave him the information either in trouble or at risk if the enemy read it and learn too much.

Would suspect the same for SS if he is in the US special forces...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 am