Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+2
milky_candy_sugar
sepheronx
6 posters

under appreciated.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

under appreciated. Empty under appreciated.

Post  sepheronx Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:19 am

Rant time.

You know, today, I figured it is the end for me to be nice.

I purchased an ice cream cake for a girl at work in regards to her birthday on the weekend. When she comes in at work (0000h, tuesday morning), she started to complain about her birthday (she is 19 now). I listend and explained to her that I never had a birthday since I was 14, and she should be at least happy that her friends acknowledged it. She ignored that and continued.

I showed her the ice cream cake and she seemed happy at the moment, and she was (I suppose). But she said afterwards "where is the plates and forks and knife?" I explained I looked high and low and cannot find any at work, thus we should put this away and wait. She continued to complain about it. What made it even worst is that everyone at work that walked by said the same thing "well, you where nice to bring in a cake, yet no plates or anything?". I got furious. Yes, I dropped the F bomb more then once, but I had enough of it.

I am tired of being the nice guy. I am tired of having no F'n girlfriend and being called names all the time. I am tired of not sticking up for myself.

They had the gull to ask my why I was upset. I told them that was the last time I am doing anything nice for anyone. I told her she should be thankful I even thought of her, and then told her to just chuck the cake away, as it means diddly squat. She got upset and wont talk to me and ran off into the warehouse. The other guy (also by the name of Mike), said that she is thankful and I just took things too seriously. I explained to him when I try something nice, no one appreciates it. And really, no one does. The only person in my life that actually appreciated something I gave them is my best friend Bryden. When I bought him a MP3 player, he said no one has ever done that for him. He was grateful and I was happy that he was. But no, no one else is.

You know, I am really sick and tired of my life in the present moment. I try my best and everyone shits on me. Everyone tells me how rude people are in the US, Russia, China, etc etc, yet they barely think of themselves in the manor.

I will just say this to everyone who is reading....Being nice gets you nowhere in life. If you let people through and treat you like crap, not only will you not get a girlfriend/wife, you will have pretty much no friends either. And living a lonely life is a shitty life.

Food for though. My 2 cents.
    milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

under appreciated. Empty Re: under appreciated.

Post  milky_candy_sugar Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 am

One question - People around you might be monsters. Is it a reason for you to turn into a monster?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:16 pm

milky_candy_sugar wrote:One question - People around you might be monsters. Is it a reason for you to turn into a monster?

Well, it wouldn't be ones fault to become a douche if everyone is a douche to him.

So I have no sympathy for people around me anymore. I say screw them.
    Jelena
    Jelena

Post  Jelena Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 am

sepheronx wrote:

Well, it wouldn't be ones fault to become a douche if everyone is a douche to him.

So I have no sympathy for people around me anymore. I say screw them.

Oh sepheronx...I'm sorry Sad

Look, girls are just like that and others were rude as one can be at that time (nervous and sleepy probably).You shouldn't take it to your hearth dunno
    I am good at ignoring rude people so I manage to pull the best out of lousy situations.
    Next time she asks for the plates, you tell her that plates are waiting at the restaurant you're taking her after work Wink Be flexible and expect all kind of surprises in your life Smile
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:08 am

Jelena wrote:

Oh sepheronx...I'm sorry Sad

Look, girls are just like that and others were rude as one can be at that time (nervous and sleepy probably).You shouldn't take it to your hearth dunno
    I am good at ignoring rude people so I manage to pull the best out of lousy situations.
    Next time she asks for the plates, you tell her that plates are waiting at the restaurant you're taking her after work Wink Be flexible and expect all kind of surprises in your life Smile[/font]

hahaha, no way.

She can rot. So can the rest of them. This has left a bad taste in my mouth. I told them that they are just worm food to me, so I couldn't care less.
    milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

Post  milky_candy_sugar Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:38 am

If you mind it, it would bring nothing but headaches.You shouldn't take it so badly, because it wouldn't make anything change. She probably didn't thought before asking such questions, and most people do those mistakes. But it isn't a reason to take it seriously. Just nevermind
    But were you really a good person? Because if you were, you shouldn't feel any remorses. Smile Just think that its a daily mistake, don't regret your good deeds, because everything you do good, it will return to you in the future Smile maybe not people helping, but luck
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:06 pm

milky_candy_sugar wrote:If you mind it, it would bring nothing but headaches.You shouldn't take it so badly, because it wouldn't make anything change. She probably didn't thought before asking such questions, and most people do those mistakes. But it isn't a reason to take it seriously. Just nevermind
    But were you really a good person? Because if you were, you shouldn't feel any remorses. Smile Just think that its a daily mistake, don't regret your good deeds, because everything you do good, it will return to you in the future Smile maybe not people helping, but luck

It isn't just a one time deal girl, it is more then enough times I can remember where people treated me the same. Irregardless if it is a common mistake, then it goes against the concept of common sense. Common sense is an oxymoron, it is completely eluded by people now days.

I still stand by my reasoning and current feelings towards this.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 am

sepheronx wrote:Rant time.

I purchased an ice cream cake for a girl at work in regards to her birthday on the weekend. When she comes in at work (0000h, tuesday morning), she started to complain about her birthday (she is 19 now). I listend and explained to her that I never had a birthday since I was 14, and she should be at least happy that her friends acknowledged it. She ignored that and continued.

I showed her the ice cream cake and she seemed happy at the moment, and she was (I suppose). But she said afterwards "where is the plates and forks and knife?" I explained I looked high and low and cannot find any at work, thus we should put this away and wait. She continued to complain about it. What made it even worst is that everyone at work that walked by said the same thing "well, you where nice to bring in a cake, yet no plates or anything?". I got furious. Yes, I dropped the F bomb more then once, but I had enough of it.

Lesson #1

Your first mistake was thinking a 19 year old girl is going to appreciate anything. Clearly this girl is immature and used to getting things normal people don't. You should have figured that out as soon as she started COMPLAINING. People who constantly complain about shit are shitty people.

I am tired of being the nice guy. I am tired of having no F'n girlfriend and being called names all the time. I am tired of not sticking up for myself.

Lesson #2

Life is about building relationships. The key here is building relationships with the RIGHT people. Take your friend Bryden, he appreciates what you do. That chick who complained over her stupid B-day is not RIGHT people. The key is to find a core group of friends that share your interests and enjoy being around. Women who see a popular guy with friends are going to be attracted to that, especially one with female friends. When I would go into a discotech by myself, women rarely paid attention to me, when I went with my friends they approached far more often. They saw me as a strong self-confident male who people find interesting. I never had problems hooking up after I figured that out.

They had the gull to ask my why I was upset. I told them that was the last time I am doing anything nice for anyone. I told her she should be thankful I even thought of her, and then told her to just chuck the cake away, as it means diddly squat. She got upset and wont talk to me and ran off into the warehouse. The other guy (also by the name of Mike), said that she is thankful and I just took things too seriously. I explained to him when I try something nice, no one appreciates it. And really, no one does. The only person in my life that actually appreciated something I gave them is my best friend Bryden. When I bought him a MP3 player, he said no one has ever done that for him. He was grateful and I was happy that he was. But no, no one else is.

Lesson #3

Maybe no one appreciates it because you act like a baby when you don't get the reaction you want. Dropping the F-bomb and running away is not the answer. Just play it cool, cut the cake and place it on paper towels. Start eating a piece with your hands and tell them if they can't do that, they are a bunch of wankers. I did that at my wedding reception when we ran out.

You know, I am really sick and tired of my life in the present moment. I try my best and everyone shits on me. Everyone tells me how rude people are in the US, Russia, China, etc etc, yet they barely think of themselves in the manor.

Lesson #4

It isn't the effort that is your problem, it is your attitude. You are acting as childish as the people who shit on you.

I will just say this to everyone who is reading....Being nice gets you nowhere in life. If you let people through and treat you like crap, not only will you not get a girlfriend/wife, you will have pretty much no friends either. And living a lonely life is a shitty life.

Lesson #5

You only get what you give. When you have a shitty reaction to someone elses shitty reaction, you will get nothing but shitty reactions. The key to dealing with it is playing it cool. When people realise what an ass they have been they generally come around and apologise, if they don't they aren't worth your time. I can't tell you how many women have shit on me, but the key to keeping them around is being able to take it until they come around. When they do, the rewards can be far greater than the effort.

My 2 cents...
    milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

Post  milky_candy_sugar Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Your first mistake was thinking a 19 year old girl is going to appreciate anything. Clearly this girl is immature and used to getting things normal people don't. You should have figured that out as soon as she started COMPLAINING. People who constantly complain about shit are shitty people.

Geez....but yeah he is right
    And you still didnt answered the question : Is the fact that people acts shitty a reason for you to act shitty?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Rant time.

Lesson #1

Lesson #2

Life is about building relationships. The key here is building relationships with the RIGHT people. Take your friend Bryden, he appreciates what you do. That chick who complained over her stupid B-day is not RIGHT people. The key is to find a core group of friends that share your interests and enjoy being around. Women who see a popular guy with friends are going to be attracted to that, especially one with female friends. When I would go into a discotech by myself, women rarely paid attention to me, when I went with my friends they approached far more often. They saw me as a strong self-confident male who people find interesting. I never had problems hooking up after I figured that out.

Lesson #3

Maybe no one appreciates it because you act like a baby when you don't get the reaction you want. Dropping the F-bomb and running away is not the answer. Just play it cool, cut the cake and place it on paper towels. Start eating a piece with your hands and tell them if they can't do that, they are a bunch of wankers. I did that at my wedding reception when we ran out.

Lesson #4

It isn't the effort that is your problem, it is your attitude. You are acting as childish as the people who shit on you.

Lesson #5

You only get what you give. When you have a shitty reaction to someone elses shitty reaction, you will get nothing but shitty reactions. The key to dealing with it is playing it cool. When people realise what an ass they have been they generally come around and apologise, if they don't they aren't worth your time. I can't tell you how many women have shit on me, but the key to keeping them around is being able to take it until they come around. When they do, the rewards can be far greater than the effort.

My 2 cents...

Wew.

Well, I did not really drop the F-bomb on the moment, but surely afterwards I did. And I don't look for people to tell me they appreciate it, the least they could do to show appreciation is not to bitch about it. That is what I am trying to get at. I just ignore them now, not like they mean much to me anyway.

I believed I played my cool, but I think I did get a little angrier then expected. I do state though that up until the point they asked me what was wrong, I just stayed Silent. Irregardless, the whole thing was screwed up. All I am getting at is that people need to realize that what is best is not to bitch and complain, but to stay silent as well when someone hands you something as a gift.

Edit: And for Vlad especially, just to mention, I am not attracted to this girl one bit. Hell, I don't even find her attracitive at all. And second, I have my core group of friends. What sucks though is that they are in their 30's and I am 20. My other good friend (four of us hang out together every weekend) is getting married. Most people my age are not the brightest, thus I don't get along with all too well. But there are the occasional people around my age who I do hang out with time to time.

edit 2: You are definately right on the first part though. I think I did expect too much from 19 year old girls. uhhhggg..................

This indefinately though, has left a bad taste in my mouth. A combination of her reaction, and everyone around me, I decided to just say screw it. I still stand by my concept of only being generous towards my friends, not colleagues.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Well, at work yesterday, I appologized to her for getting angry. She said that is ok (although no appology back at me). She said though that she was turely happy for my gift and appreciated it. I said thanks and all is good. So at least I had to stand up and say something.
    milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

Post  milky_candy_sugar Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:42 am

Now its gonna be all fine ^_^
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Post  solo.13mmfmj Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:44 am

"And living a lonely life is a shitty life"
    No it isn't!
    Living alone means you can do thing or take chances you can't if you have to drag somebody after you.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:01 am

Vlads advice is well worth reading, he is pretty much spot on.

For most girls I have found it is pretty sad but the real secret is treat em mean and keep em keen.

Most girls like guys that aren't good for them, so if you meet a girl you have no strong feelings for... ie she is not "the one", then trying to be nice is like trying to be her best friend.

Her best friend is the person she b!tches to when the guy she is shagging treats her bad. I was the best friend for ages before I worked that out.

To be brutally honest if you like the company of older people then don't forget there are plenty of older women who are mature adults, who appreciate attention and can look after themselves without you having to chase around.
    They are less likely to want to go to some really loud rave or whatever they call it now, but on the plus side you can generally talk to them more easily.

Self control is an important skill to learn, don't get angry, or even (ie revenge), just think that you did something and didn't get the response you expected and just learn from the experience. (ie change your expectations of the person.)

When you find yourself unappreciated simply remember the reactions you go and change your behaviour accordingly.

Some people don't care about their birthday, some people do.

To your credit you made an effort, and it wasn't appreciated, so next time... don't bother, don't take it personally.

Self control is an important indicator of maturity.
    Some never learn it and there is nothing more pathetic than a full grown adult having a temper tantrum... ie actually losing control and having a paddy.

Just remember life is a journey and if you think about what the destination is for everyone it makes more sense to relax and make the most of it that it does to rush through as quick as you can.

You are 20 or so... enjoy it!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:14 am

old thread is old.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am