Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
jhelb
auslander
Big_Gazza
archangelski
Erlindur
Azi
cracker
nemrod
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Resistance
crod
SeigSoloyvov
chinggis
KiloGolf
Shadåw
KoTeMoRe
Heartbeer
SturmGuard
max steel
medo
par far
higurashihougi
Viktor
Werewolf
x_54_u43
TheArmenian
VladimirSahin
GarryB
Project Canada
Karl Haushofer
Isos
OminousSpudd
franco
arpakola
d_taddei2
kvs
zg18
Solncepek
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Vann7
ultron
sepheronx
flamming_python
PapaDragon
JohninMK
George1
calm
GunshipDemocracy
Neutrality
Dima
58 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #8

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #8

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Militarov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    Kriva wrote:FSA in Allepo operation room with Russian T-90 tank that they captured from SAA Tiger forces.
    https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/741299896729411584

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 12 1j55ps

I'm still not convinced, by the patch.
    Not that a single MBT capture is big news, but I do detect the propaganda points these FSA moderates are trying to achieve.

Still sort of sux...

As my commanding officer once said: "Only worse thing than losing equipment, is arming your enemy with it". There is reason why we all despite not being frontline unit had handgrenades and rifles issued.

Gun is shot up and the tranny looks shot. The right skirt and fuel line are goners.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:56 pm

It appears to me Aleppo is going to be reshaped a few times. I'd atleast assume it was a reinforced platoon size that was attacking that town/village. Were they caught in the open without their pants on? Even if the tanks engines dont start, it has a hand crank just in case a situation like this happens. Why couldn't they use HE rounds to level out where shots were coming from? Probably crew got scared of ATGMs. And the next time those idiots assault like that, it will make send an email to the Syrian embassy asking them to please take my advice because obviously some body keeps f*cking up in western Aleppo.

The "revenge" OP for Palmyra is looking good, it's flat desert terrain so helicopters are probably having a picnic. Tanks shouldn't face so much threats there, also they're using their best soldiers for this OP according to their sources. Hopefully like one of you said by the weekend they can prepare to assault Raqqa. I think collateral damage will be very high in Raqqa just like in Aleppo, terrorists hide in with innocent people. And often times the local guys in the terrorist groups can put up good propaganda that they are "defending" their lands. Also bombing of whole city blocks dont look good on camera.

I also have a question regarding the SVP-24-25 Gefast system on Russian planes, do those systems provide good accuracy? If so what would be the CEP? I'd assume 5 meters at most.
    chinggis
    chinggis

Post  chinggis Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:02 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    Kriva wrote:FSA in Allepo operation room with Russian T-90 tank that they captured from SAA Tiger forces.

Not that a single MBT capture is big news, but I do detect the propaganda points these FSA moderates are trying to achieve.

Still sort of sux...

As my commanding officer once said: "Only worse thing than losing equipment, is arming your enemy with it". There is reason why we all despite not being frontline unit had handgrenades and rifles issued.

Gun is shot up and the tranny looks shot. The right skirt and fuel line are goners.

Yes, and down the rear of tank is a small puddle of oil what is seeping from tank, turret is in the same position like it was in initial pictures, so I can guess that it is disabled(jammed), not real mobility kill, because it can travel shorter distances (probably with adding new oil in engine) but turret is probably disabled and without new parts is useless.
    par far

Post  par far Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:30 am

The asshole french can't protect their women from being raped, yet they can go build a military base in Syria.

https://southfront.org/report-france-building-military-base-in-syria/

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:49 am

The problem is Par Far, is that all these claims of bases fall under 1 source - Kurdish sources. The issue that, in both cases, there has not been a single confirmation. Add to that no photos at all.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:14 am

chinggis wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

Still sort of sux...

Yes, and down the rear of tank is a small puddle of oil what is seeping from tank, turret is in the same position like it was in initial pictures, so I can guess that it is disabled(jammed), not real mobility kill, because it can travel shorter distances (probably with adding new oil in engine) but turret is probably disabled and without new parts is useless.  

I think it can only drive that far without totally kill the tranny. It was most probably hauled by trailer.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 12 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:14 am

i would imagine that the Russians are keeping an eye out for the T-90's where abouts and if they start to move that anywhere i.e towards Turkish border you will be sure an Su-24 will be deployed to destroy it. And bearing in mind this isn't a basic tank and doesnt operate like an old tank, you have to remember most of FSA are civilians and the small number that are defectors of SAA will have never used such a high tech tank before, so it isnt as if they could just jump in a operate it and then theirs repair work yet again its not a T-55, T-62, or T-72 which are still pretty basic.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:33 am

d_taddei2 wrote:i would imagine that the Russians are keeping an eye out for the T-90's where abouts and if they start to move that anywhere i.e towards Turkish border you will be sure an Su-24 will be deployed to destroy it. And bearing in mind this isn't a basic tank and doesnt operate like an old tank, you have to remember most of FSA are civilians and the small number that are defectors of SAA will have never used such a high tech tank before, so it isnt as if they could just jump in a operate it and then theirs repair work yet again its not a T-55, T-62, or T-72 which are still pretty basic.

Anyone who served on T72M/A wont need more than 2-3 days of adapting to some new equipment on it and will be able to "use" it.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:41 am

Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:i would imagine that the Russians are keeping an eye out for the T-90's where abouts and if they start to move that anywhere i.e towards Turkish border you will be sure an Su-24 will be deployed to destroy it. And bearing in mind this isn't a basic tank and doesnt operate like an old tank, you have to remember most of FSA are civilians and the small number that are defectors of SAA will have never used such a high tech tank before, so it isnt as if they could just jump in a operate it and then theirs repair work yet again its not a T-55, T-62, or T-72 which are still pretty basic.

Anyone who served on T72M/A wont need more than 2-3 days of adapting to some new equipment on it and will be able to "use" it.

Only add-on training would be the intensifiers on the Agat TIS, Shtora, LWI and the coms. However they would need a new barrel and from what I see at least a new transmission. The turret that's jammed indicates clearly a hit. In a sense it's better that the crew didn't blew the tank as it clearly demonstrates that the T90 can take TOW's for breakfast. The tank isn't written off but needs extensive repairs, that those goons can't do on their own.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:53 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Only add-on training would be the intensifiers on the Agat TIS, Shtora, LWI and the coms. However they would need a new barrel and from what I see at least a new transmission. The turret that's jammed indicates clearly a hit. In a sense it's better that the crew didn't blew the tank as it clearly demonstrates that the T90 can take TOW's for breakfast. The tank isn't written off but needs extensive repairs, that those goons can't do on their own.

Ain't nothing wrong with the evolution of the T-72B homie.
    That tank family got a really bad press in the West post-GW1 (as if Saddam junk bare any comparison), yet here we all are in 2016 NATO stuck with either Patton series junk or age old Leopards, and most others with glorified motorised battalions aka "battle groups" (with no MBT whatsoever).

Meanwhile team hobo is just fine, be it in Syria or Donbas.

dunno
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:22 am

Nothing wrong with it. But I would like it however to get a Jdam or be recovered in some way (Ukraine style).
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:28 am

However the worst thing can happen is that FSA may send the captured T-90 to somewhere-we-know-where for technical evaluation.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:32 am

As mentioned before, it isn't anything the US or others know much about. Kontact 5 was well known to the west back when they got T-80U's. Shtora? That thing is broken anyway, and the thermal imagine system wont bring much info since the older units use the Catherine XP thermal imager anyway so France knows all well about it.

In other words, nothing to really care much about. But I still think it was a stupid loss from FSA end though.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 am

sepheronx wrote:As mentioned before, it isn't anything the US or others know much about.  Kontact 5 was well known to the west back when they got T-80U's.  Shtora?  That thing is broken anyway, and the thermal imagine system wont bring much info since the older units use the Catherine XP thermal imager anyway so France knows all well about it.

In other words, nothing to really care much about.  But I still think it was a stupid loss from FSA end though.

The most interesting parts are the composite armour it uses. Clearly the T90 is good enough on its frontal arc. It's actually the crux of this argument. Although I doubt the US hasn't got means to disable or destroy the T90, it's never fun when your peer competitor gets its hand on your own thing. Now Russia had made that calculus when it sent its tanks in Ukraine two years from now and in Syria last year.

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:08 pm

The Pentagon has acknowledged the fact of its air force friendly fire against allied group in Syria

http://ria.ru/syria/20160611/1445767549.html

WASHINGTON, 11 Feb – RIA Novosti. The Pentagon is investigating the case of air strikes, the U.S. air force in the allied group in Syria, which is fighting with militants of the"Islamic state" (IG, is prohibited in Russia), reports the Wall Street Journal , citing U.S. Department of defense.

According to the newspaper, the incident occurred in late may near the Syrian village of al-Maar. As confirmed by the publication of the representative of the Central command of the U.S. armed forces, under one of the blows fell fighting against the "Islamic state" team Mutasim Brigade.
    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/syria/20160611/1445767549.html#ixzz4BHP11iW7

so a gentle US warning for guys who might change sides to support Russia?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:24 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:As mentioned before, it isn't anything the US or others know much about.  Kontact 5 was well known to the west back when they got T-80U's.  Shtora?  That thing is broken anyway, and the thermal imagine system wont bring much info since the older units use the Catherine XP thermal imager anyway so France knows all well about it.

In other words, nothing to really care much about.  But I still think it was a stupid loss from FSA end though.

The most interesting parts are the composite armour it uses. Clearly the T90 is good enough on its frontal arc. It's actually the crux of this argument. Although I doubt the US hasn't got means to disable or destroy the T90, it's never fun when your peer competitor gets its hand on your own thing. Now Russia had made that calculus when it sent its tanks in Ukraine two years from now and in Syria last year.

True but these were older T-90's anyway and I thought older ones (created in 90's) used similar composite armor as T-72B's? Hence why it was described as a T-72B upgrade more than a new tank? And that T-90A was were the real upgrades were.

Regardless, as you said, they made that calculation regarding about handing T-90's to SAA. I don't think there is much Russia cares about to keep secret of such equipment as they will be rolling out T-14 and thus importance of these older tanks isn't really much. Although, they will be in service for a very long time to come.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Regardless, as you said, they made that calculation regarding about handing T-90's to SAA. I don't think there is much Russia cares about to keep secret of such equipment as they will be rolling out T-14 and thus importance of these older tanks isn't really much. Although, they will be in service for a very long time to come.

The T-90 is old, the systems on it are old. Look at the changes on the T-90AM/SM, it's obvious what is on the chopping block for replacement.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:43 pm

old =/= obsolete.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Yes, old doesn't have to mean obsolete and Russia still operate a fair amount of T-90s. Since the T-90s given to SAA are from the Russian stocks its better to have its turret intact rather than the usual suspects getting the opportunity to open it up.

I think SAA and allies will be looking to take it back and the reason why they did not destroy it even when they had to abandon it. Hope the guys are keeping a watch of that T-90 from the air and if their is a chance of it getting "shipped" to other places, then needful need to be done.

Another good map.....the Kurds are progressing and there is a need for SAA to grab some more areas along the north. Any area under Kurdish mean there will also be presence of other elements which is not good.
    Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 12 CkqvsRiUUAEMQE3
    https://twitter.com/LevantFalcon

Last edited by Dima on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:51 pm

Switch the K-5 for relikt on all current T-90's and any info they gain from the T-90A/S in syria is worthless. The armor level is ERA + Base Armor, by changing one of them it resets the specs.

The T-90 has been on the international market for a long time, I find it hard to believe that it has not already been compromised. You have too be a fool to think it's not the same for western MBT's either.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:34 pm

Military Advisor ‏@miladvisor Jun 10

#SAA take control Sfaiyah CPF & junction and now ~20 km from #Tabqa Airbase.#Raqqa #Syria
    HD:https://imgur.com/elqUKDc

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 12 CkmMk69XIAAmjF_

Al-Masdar News ‏@TheArabSource Jun 10

Syrian Army just 20 kilometers from Tabqa Airbase - Raqqa map update http://bit.ly/1UqCuFp

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 12 CkmGObkUUAA3_IX

Last edited by JohninMK on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Second map added)
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:44 pm

I don't know how to link directly to this video. It is currently the 4th post down in this link and shows either a shell or bomb hitting probably a bomb factory. The resulting explosion throws a vehicle a couple of hundred feet high and it then explodes. Amazing. No idea whose vehicle tho'.

https://twitter.com/ResistanceER
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:12 pm

Another Peto map. Looks like the SAA are quietly moving east in the south as well. Aleppo is clearly not the main priority atm, but preventing the US, sorry Kurds, seizing the east is.

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 12 CksE7CzVAAAIbIY
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:24 pm

JohninMK wrote:Another Peto map. Looks like the SAA are quietly moving east in the south as well. Aleppo is clearly not the main priority atm, but preventing the US, sorry Kurds, seizing the east is.

3 days ago Assad said Aleppo is grave to Erdo´s regime.
    Lavrov said that Russian action will not be surprise to US and moderate terrorist shad enough time to move to other ares then normal ones. They should blame themselves in case of bombing...

Now this push to Raqqa. Maybe to seal Iraq/Iran/Syria corridor form Trukey in Notrh and Sauds via Jordania i south? I also do not think Aleppo will be left alone for ever..
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:15 am

Or simply to contained Daesh forces at the south, prevented them to reinforced Raqqa. Intense Russia bombing near Aleppo was also for the same thing.

Immediate task of SAA is to secure all the west bank of Euphrats. Probably after this push to Taqba, the next strike may be relieve Deir Ezzor, finishing the last chapters of Palmira offensive.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 am