Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Erk
kvs
2SPOOKY4U
Flagship Victory
Viktor
Khepesh
Inetwarrior
VladimirSahin
Ispan
Dforce
Walther von Oldenburg
Chersonesus
BKP
GarryB
Rodinazombie
calripson
Werewolf
franco
Regular
Big_Gazza
auslander
Ruthenius
ExBeobachter1987
Ghoster
Boreas
Cucumber Khan
gregoire
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
KomissarBojanchev
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Project Canada
par far
JohninMK
sepheronx
whir
Neutrality
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Khepesh
    Khepesh

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  Khepesh Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:12 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:That was a Crocodile (24E), not an Okhotnik (28), that was downed BTW later in the summer.
    Typo
    And I just saw this being used as if it were from yesterday, but I'm sure we remember this from May or June 2014 with photos of the crew laying beside it dismembered
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 17 Bc17d74395f2
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:19 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:Captured T-64BV APU heater near the village of White, as well as suhpayki and ammunition:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 17 CMEvNR_UMAAQWKb

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 17 CMEvN3UUsAAuLrM

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 17 CMEvMwXUYAEAiTj

CBD please man don't you have a greater resolution picture of that T64BV? Because from where I stand it looks like the 64 is sporting Polish ERA from Bumar Labedi.

There might be a better one out there somewhere. If I come across one I'll post it.

This photo came from this twitter.

https://twitter.com/EgoRZemtsoV
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Ruthenius wrote:I have finaly made it. The compehensive review of fighting btw VSU and NAF in LPR June-September 2014, 3900 words.

I just read it and I highly recommend everyone following the situation to read this.

As I asked Auslander if he was writing, I think it is fair to ask if you will be publishing anything? If you wrote a comprehensive history book about this war I would pay money for it. +1 for you Ruthenius.

Likewise! Outstanding!
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:41 pm

http://tass.ru/en/world/813780

East ukraine militia say Kiev is boosting forces in Mariupol direction
    World
    August 11, 15:37 UTC+3

MOSCOW, August 11. /TASS/. Kiev is boosting forces and military equipment near the contact line in the Mariupol direction, in southern Ukraine, defense ministry spokesman of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Eduard Basurin said on Tuesday.

"Up to 1,000 Ukraine’s Armed Forces personnel have been massed in the Mariupol direction in the village of Andreyevka and Granitnoye. A tank battalion was spotted near the Zamozhnoye settlement," Basurin said.

A Marine brigade estimated at up to 2,000 people was seen near the villages of Lebedinskoye, Shirokino and Kominternovo.

The positions of Ukraine’s self-propelled artillery weapons have been discovered in four villages near the contact line, he added.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:45 pm

I don't know how it's like where you are from guys and gals, but where I'm from third wave of mobilisation is the last one, as in teenagers and pensioners. Basically end of the world scenario.

Sixth wave over here would be forest critters.

Seventh wave, we are talking about mythical creatures like leprechauns and unicorns...  

So, what to make of this  Suspect :

''Ukraine's Defense Ministry Cannot Exclude New Round of Mobilization''
    "Depending on the development of the situation, there may be a seventh, an eighth and a ninth [round]," Mekhed told reporters, answering a question on whether more rounds of mobilization could be held.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150811/1025619684.html
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Over 500 shells fired by Ukrainian troops at DPR in past day — DPR defense ministry
    World
    August 11, 14:38 UTC+3
    Most intensive shelling was reported in the Telmanovsky district, where one person was killed and three others were wounded

http://tass.ru/en/world/813731

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 17 1102959

MOSCOW, August 11. /TASS/. More than 500 Ukrainian shells have hit the territory of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) over the past 24 hours, a DPR defense ministry spokesman said on Tuesday. "After the mission of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) resumed its work, the number of ceasefire violations has reduced to 39 episodes," the Donetsk News Agency quoted him as saying. "As many as 506 artillery shells of 152mm and 122mm calibers, 99 tank shells and 198 mines of 82mm and 120mm calibers have been fired by Ukrainian forces at the DPR." Most intensive shelling was reported in the Telmanovsky district, where one person was killed and three others were wounded, the spokesman said. wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:52 pm

This is crazy! WHY are they fighting each other?

Casualties of Ukrainian army near Granitnoye amount to nearly 30 people — DPR

http://tass.ru/en/world/813701

World
    August 11, 13:39 UTC+3
    According the DPR intelligence data, on August 8, 2015, the fighting erupted near the village of Granitnoye between the units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the National Guard

MOSCOW, August 11. /TASS/. The Ukrainian army has lost nearly 30 people during the fighting between the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the National Guard of Ukraine on August 8 near the village of Granitnoye (in the Donetsk region), the Defense Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said on Tuesday.

"According the DPR intelligence data, on August 8, 2015, the fighting erupted near the village of Granitnoye between the units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the National Guard," Donetsk News Agency quotes the Defense Ministry spokesman as saying. "As a result, more than 30 people died, up to 20 people were injured."

The DPR Defense Ministry has repeatedly said that the clashes between the regular units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces on one side and various units such as the National Guard and the so-called voluntary battalions on the other occur on a regular basis.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:This is crazy! WHY are they fighting each other?

Casualties of Ukrainian army near Granitnoye amount to nearly 30 people — DPR

http://tass.ru/en/world/813701

World
    August 11, 13:39 UTC+3
    According the DPR intelligence data, on August 8, 2015, the fighting erupted near the village of Granitnoye between the units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the National Guard

MOSCOW, August 11. /TASS/. The Ukrainian army has lost nearly 30 people during the fighting between the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the National Guard of Ukraine on August 8 near the village of Granitnoye (in the Donetsk region), the Defense Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said on Tuesday.

"According the DPR intelligence data, on August 8, 2015, the fighting erupted near the village of Granitnoye between the units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the National Guard," Donetsk News Agency quotes the Defense Ministry spokesman as saying. "As a result, more than 30 people died, up to 20 people were injured."

The DPR Defense Ministry has repeatedly said that the clashes between the regular units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces on one side and various units such as the National Guard and the so-called voluntary battalions on the other occur on a regular basis.

If they are expending resources fighting each other, that takes a little pressure off Donbass.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Fahrenheit UKR lol1

''Last Words? Ukraine Bans Dozens of Russian Books''

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150811/1025615380.html
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Maybe they do not want a one-sided fight, as opposed to this one:

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:That was a Crocodile (24E), not an Okhotnik (28), that was downed BTW later in the summer.
    Typo
    And I just saw this being used as if it were from yesterday, but I'm sure we remember this from May or June 2014 with photos of the crew laying beside it dismembered
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 17 Bc17d74395f2

That's either from July (Strelkov retreat from Slavyansk) or a parallel universe. Ergo that's an old Strelkov captured BMP-2 that allowed the bulk of the troops to leave Slavyansk.

VP to the crew.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:13 pm

Swedish veterans confirmed participation of EU and NATO officers in war in Eastern Ukraine

http://doubtingsteven.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-unknown-soldiers-of-strange-war.html
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Dforce wrote:

Slotting that T64 was confirmed, as well as the other one that got captured...please follow up. And personally, seeing how they don't panic while a tank is 200m away, tells me you got a lot of growing up to do.
    Call me when you will not crap your pants in that situation warrior of Pindos.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:14 pm

So England wants there to be an ability in UN to get involved in events like intervention on whatever they please without UN sec vote.

Why not try to make the UN anymore irrelevent?

Kiev causing more shit as usual too. Russia demanding to agree to minsk accords but they wont.

Time to let Ukraine suffer. They want to be part of NATO just to stick it to Russia for whatever reason. Sick minds those people are. Flaming is right about the whole thing. Build a wall, separatr yourself from Ukraine, and I wager place various types of artillery and systems to be able to strike Kievs and nato emplacements at any given notice, cut back on trade or jack up prices and let Freeze. I doubt NATO will be stupid enough to directly attack Russia.
    Ruthenius
    Ruthenius

Post  Ruthenius Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Dforce wrote:

You know Dforce, that two pieces of utter nonsence that you posted on TheMess.net this morning about some Australian sh1rt-fronting expectations and glorious acts of heroism conducted by redeemed Swedish national-chauvinist don't help you seem just a bit more serious. Quite the opposite
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:28 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

Slotting that T64 was confirmed, as well as the other one that got captured...please follow up. And personally, seeing how they don't panic while a tank is 200m away, tells me you got a lot of growing up to do.
    Call me when you will not crap your pants in that situation warrior of Pindos.

Among the militants killed in Dagestan ★ may be the leader of "Caucasus Emirate" Magomed Suleimanov

Russians ? fighting militants in Dagestan, i.e.fighting "Caucasus Emirate"??

When? and what kind of weapons does "Caucasus Emirate" in Dagestan have?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Ruthenius wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

You know Dforce, that two pieces of utter nonsence that you posted on TheMess.net this morning about some Australian sh1rt-fronting expectations and glorious acts of heroism conducted by redeemed Swedish national-chauvinist don't help you seem just a bit more serious. Quite the opposite

Yeah funny how no one picked up the source of the article and the fact a similar BS was wroten by UA outlets some times ago. TheMess lives up to expectations. Small core of knowledgeable people, huge cohort of jerkoffs. Just follow the beating Beardless infidel is giving the "Iran Dun'it" crew on the Yemeni War thread. That man is out of his mind fronting the Big Iz crew, some truths will cause suspension points. Nevertheless props to Beardless even though I'm not on his side over Syria.

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:26 pm

The precise location of this video from last August at Novoannovka http://www.lostarmour.info/armour/item.php?id=0946 It's worth zooming out to see how many ukrops vehicles are marked and how few VSN in that area.
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Ruthenius wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

You might want to re-read my discussion with moosefoot regarding that subject... Cool

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:34 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:Kyiv hope that in the winter they can buy Russian gas for the price no higher than 250 USD.

https://eadaily.com/news/2015/08/10/kiev-rasschityvaet-pokupat-rossiyskiy-gaz-na-zimu-po-cene-ne-vyshe-250

Wait, wait, what, I though Kyiv once claimed that they don't need Russian gas lol1 lol1

They're all lizards, and this is proof of that.
    Did you even take basic biology? Reptiles don't fair well in cold climates. Haha

... Jesus we can't even joke here anymore. They didn't seem to fare than well when it got hotter earlier this year...
    It was an attempt at a joke.... Anywho I guess we can file the ones in charge at Kiev as an "endangered species." God bless the West for trying to preserve this rare breed.

Easy now, you don't attempt a joke when a man's already in the middle of an attempt. Joke-blocks are serious bi'niss, it's stuff like that, that gets people stuck at the toilet for hours. Butthurt and sad. ;-)/
    Haha, fair enough.

Anyway, here is something I didn't see before but I found it interesting. Looks like the Vostok battalion have formed their own special units of frogmen: https://twitter.com/mennohulshof/status/631120241301553152
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Khepesh wrote:The precise location of this video from last August at Novoannovka http://www.lostarmour.info/armour/item.php?id=0946 It's worth zooming out to see how many ukrops vehicles are marked and how few VSN in that area.

Lostarmour strikes again. Indeed year old video.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:59 pm

If it is not possible to make a causal connection why release the info?

MOSCOW, August 11 (Sputnik) — The investigative team on last year's Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash in eastern Ukraine investigates several parts possibly originating from the Buk missile system, the Dutch Public Prosecution Service said in a statement Tuesday. "In cooperation with the Dutch Safety Board (DSB) the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) investigates several parts, possibly originating from a Buk surface-air-missile system. These parts have been secured during a previous recovery-mission in Eastern-Ukraine and are in possession of the criminal investigation team MH17 and the DSB," the statement reads.

The parts are of "particular interest" to the investigators as they could shed light on who was involved in the downing of the Boeing 777 aircraft. "For that reason the JIT further investigates the origin of these parts."

However, a conclusion that there is a causal connection between the discovered parts and the crash can currently not be drawn, according to the statement.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20150811/1025623558.html#ixzz3iWhxH1Rc
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:04 pm

The railway network is slowly increasing its coverage. No doubt the Ukies will shell the bits of line that other parts of the Government want to use to bring in coal.

The Transport Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic has prepared the local railway network for a link-up with Russia's railway network, and negotiations are now underway on the resumption of rail traffic across the Russian border, DPR First Deputy Transport Minister Vladimir Kabatsy told the Donetsk News Agency on Tuesday.

"We are now technically prepared to carry out rail service with the Russian Federation. Our railway workers have completed their task," Kabatsy told the news agency, adding that "now the process of negotiations is underway" with the Russian side. The minister emphasized that DPR authorities very much look forward to a positive outcome in the negotiations.

Over the weekend, the press service of the DPR's Transport Ministry reported that a rail link with Ukraine restored only days earlier had been cut following the Ukrainian military's shelling of a section of track on the Yasynuvata-Skotovataya route, resulting in damage to the track itself and leaving a section of the route without power. Work on repairing the damage has been hampered by its proximity to the line of contact.

Prior to the onset of the Ukrainian civil war in April 2014, Donetsk Railways served as one of the largest railway divisions in the country. Late last month, railroad workers resumed running commuter trains on a test basis from the city of Yasynuvata north of the capital of Donetsk to the village of Kvashino in the region's southeast, near the Russian border. Earlier this month, the Ukrainian-DPR Contact Group's sub-group on economic issues had discussed the prospects for demining and restoring rail traffic in the area.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150811/1025637574.html#ixzz3iWjDhRwO
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Unfortunate, not available in English. Sad

Ivan Katchanovski
    46 mins · Edited ·

The full texts of my article concerning the OUN-B and the Nazi mass murders in the summer of 1941 in historic Volhynia and other articles in the special issue of Ukraina moderna are now made freely accessible by the journal.

http://uamoderna.com/arkhiv/um-2013-20

http://uamoderna.com/images/archiv/2013-20/Kachanovsky.pdf

http://www1.ku-eichstaett.de/ZIMOS/forum/docs/forumruss22/15Kachanovskij.pdf

Ivan Katchanovski

.......a Russian translation of this article was published by Forum and it is also freely available at the website of this journal.

http://www1.ku-eichstaett.de/.../forum.../15Kachanovskij.pdf
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:15 pm

Ruthenius wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

Yo mate could you ask the newbotottroll on TheMess about those NAF accounts over vehicular losses, because it's the first time I hear of Lost armor Under-reporting ANY losses. I guess he hasn't seen the tallies.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:02 pm