Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+8
Odin of Ossetia
Rodinazombie
nastle77
Werewolf
NationalRus
Fred333
GarryB
KomissarBojanchev
12 posters

Why I think Japan was the agressor in WW2

KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Why I think Japan was the agressor in WW2 Empty Why I think Japan was the agressor in WW2

Post  KomissarBojanchev Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Recently a lot of opinions are gaining prominence that it wasn't the Japanese empire but rather the US which is at fault for the war in the pacific due to it imposing the sanctions against japan and thus provoking it to attack.

Here is why IMO this isn't true and Japan was the real agressor in WW2:

Japans involvement in the war stems long before it attacked the US. It started with the false flag justified invasion and subsequent genocide of China. This is aggression pure and simple.

Sanctions were not placed specifically to force Japan to invade but as a response to said genocide against the Chinese. Placing sanctions for dissagreeing with a country's policies is a matter of principle, not agression.
    You might try to make an analogy with the sanctions against Russia, but unlike Russian invasion, Japan's atrocities were not a trumped up imaginary pretext but very real, the japanese even being very proud and of the actions of their "superior race"

There was never a US military action against japanese forces before pearl harbor, so logically the japanese attack was unprovoked, and therefore agression.

So in conclusion, were US antijapanese sanctions a factor? Yes, but it was mainly the chauvinism and imperialism of the japanese empire which determined the start of the war in the pacific.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Why I think Japan was the agressor in WW2 Empty Re: Why I think Japan was the agressor in WW2

Post  GarryB Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 am

Japan was only doing what the british empire and all the other European empires had already done around the entire war.

Was Japanese treatment of Chinese any worse than western treatment of black slaves?

The what you call non aggressive blockade of Japan was an act of war... just the same as the German attempt to isolate Britain using Uboats would have been an act of war if they were not already at war.

the Japanese did a lot of things that were really nasty, but the British and US were not innocent... what were they expecting Japan to do by blockading them?
    Fred333
    Fred333

Why I think Japan was the agressor in WW2 Empty Re: Why I think Japan was the agressor in WW2

Post  Fred333 Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:38 pm

Japan was then in the same situation as China is now; a relative latecomer in the game of (in)formal imperialism. Like China now, Japan was unlucky that so much resources and land had already been divided up amongst other powers, so that it was difficult to find resources to keep the empire growing and nourished. It is very difficult for a newcomer to break into the imperial exclusive club. Hence, the present confrontation between China and US is perhaps not so different from the Japan US confrontation in the 1940s. China needs those resources to keep the economy going, and keep the population content, but the US wants to block China's maritime expansion with a ring of Asian allies. What could go wrong?
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:35 pm

GarryB wrote:Japan was only doing what the british empire and all the other European empires had already done around the entire war.

Was Japanese treatment of Chinese any worse than western treatment of black slaves?

The what you call non aggressive blockade of Japan was an act of war... just the same as the German attempt to isolate Britain using Uboats would have been an act of war if they were not already at war.

the Japanese did a lot of things that were really nasty, but the British and US were not innocent... what were they expecting Japan to do by blockading them?

times were that harsh, japan did nothing exaptional, the british even threated everybody like that if they had to, including europeans when they fought the boer war in today south africa they pioniered concentration camps
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:30 pm

Do you think it's justified for sanctions to be placed against a state openly commiting genocide? wrote:

Funny how the zionazi is commenting to a Poll with the question about an open genocide and defending such.

KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:57 pm

Werewolf wrote:

Funny how the zionazi is commenting to a Poll with the question about an open genocide and defending such.

I hate the fucking genitally mutilating neoliberal sephardic ideology and the germanic theory on the genocide of slavs known as nazism.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:00 am

well you real antisemetic nazi, i didnt knew that the chinese were getting exting ther like jews who actaully faced real extingtion in all of europe, second stating the fact of the reality of the time period is defending it, qoute me were i "defended" it

japan did nothing exaptional

i think i stated i fact of the time period but seems moron's come fast to conclusions to fit ther agenda
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:50 pm

NationalRus wrote:well you real antisemetic nazi, i didnt knew that the chinese were getting exting ther like jews who actaully faced real extingtion in all of europe, second stating the fact of the reality of the time period is defending it, qoute me were i "defended" it

japan did nothing exaptional

i think i stated i fact of the time period but seems moron's come fast to conclusions to fit ther agenda

You are not a semite you Ashkenazi Caucasian white jew, so spare me this bullshit. Jews are the biggest anti-semites that ever walked on this planet. Not we are genociding Semitic Palestinians, not we are genociding russians your bolshewic ashkenazi jewish scum did.

Calling me a nazi is funny when you are an open nazi yourself a Zionazi. I do not uphold any thoughts or believes of someone being god chosen, superior race or any other supremacy scum your vile minds have brought up from incestous orgies.
    nastle77

Post  nastle77 Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:36 pm

NationalRus wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Japan was only doing what the british empire and all the other European empires had already done around the entire war.

times were that harsh, japan did nothing exaptional, the british even threated everybody like that if they had to, including europeans when they fought the boer war in today south africa they pioniered concentration camps

yes true all sides had to be blamed but Japanese were expectionally cruel to allied POW and also to the Chinese/Koreans etc
    They need to be punished a lot more for this
    unfortunately US propped up japan right after WW2 against Russia
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:43 pm

Japan did nothing exceptional?

Take a look at what they did at nanking for one example of their bestial cruelty towards their enemy.

The japanese were exceptionally cruel to their prisoners, anyone who believes they behaved normally is living in another world.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:28 am

The Japanese were far less genocidal than the Germans.

It was the Germans who should have been nuked.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:38 am

Odin of Ossetia wrote:

Maybe you should nuke yourself?

You do understand this is advocating of genocide. Civilians had no part in Nazism and advocating genocide of civilian population rather than achieving military tactical objectives which the west barely ever did in germany is going down to scum level of british empire and Churchill genocidal believes of superiority.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Let me make it clear, that, the most basic cause of WW2 has virtually nothing to do with genocide, racial discrimination, or else.

World War is the clash of Old Empire and New Empire. Old Empire has vast colonies and can make money from that. New Empire has little to no colony and can only use technology and advanced machine to gain benefits. That why New Empire wages war to destroy the colonial system, bring and end to Old Hegemony and liberate free trade, free competition. So that New Empire's better products and technology can enter the colonies and win the competition.

That is the reason why Germany and Japan waged war against the West. And they succeeded. Japan and Germany was military defeated, but the colonial system also collapsed shortly after. That paved the way for Germany and Japan products to enter ex-colonial country and outcompteted Western goods. And that is the reason why Germany and Japan entered a dramatic growth of economy in the middile 20th century.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:05 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Let me make it clear, that, the most basic cause of WW2 has virtually nothing to do with genocide, racial discrimination, or else.

World War is the clash of Old Empire and New Empire. Old Empire has vast colonies and can make money from that. New Empire has little to no colony and can only use technology and advanced machine to gain benefits. That why New Empire wages war to destroy the colonial system, bring and end to Old Hegemony and liberate free trade, free competition. So that New Empire's better products and technology can enter the colonies and win the competition.

That is the reason why Germany and Japan waged war against the West. And they succeeded. Japan and Germany was military defeated, but the colonial system also collapsed shortly after. That paved the way for Germany and Japan products to enter ex-colonial country and outcompteted Western goods. And that is the reason why Germany and Japan entered a dramatic growth of economy in the middile 20th century.

The war was planned that way, it wouldn't matter if Hitler stayed in artschool or some other guy would rule. British wanted the WW1 and WW2 to destroy germany and its attempts to become an Empire and would sooner or later obliterate British out to no significance in the world. That is why western politics aimed to finance Hitler and his party, they counted on a confrontation that was their only chance to recover their economies while destroying any rivals.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:12 pm

And WW3 is coming, because colonial system still exists in its shady forms named banana republics... and New Empires of BRICS is preparing for a decisive blow against Western hegemony.

And don't worry, WW3 is a bloodless war. No gunfire, no bombs. It is a politico-economic war. The day when the Western people make an uprising to topple the oligarchs will mark the end of WW3.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Reasons for ww2 aren't that simple - for example people don't fully appreciate how much USSR helped Nazi Germany in starting WW2 - there was cooperation in tech, industry (last train with Soviet resources left to Germany literally a few hours before Barbarossa) and in military - German tankers even used to conduct exercises on Russian steppes (of course in Spain they ended up supporting different sides - but that's not that uncommon in politics).

Stalin's original plan was to help Germany rearm so that together with France they could bleed each other out. USSR meanwhile would use that time to conclude army modernization and then attack the weakened parties, taking control of Europe.

Of course we had our plans too - first of all Hitler did not want to start the war until 1943-44 - only circumstances forced him to.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Reasons for ww2 aren't that simple - for example people don't fully appreciate how much USSR helped Nazi Germany in starting WW2 - there was cooperation in tech, industry (last train with Soviet resources left to Germany literally a few hours before Barbarossa) and in military - German tankers even used to conduct exercises on Russian steppes (of course in Spain they ended up supporting different sides - but that's not that uncommon in politics).

Stalin's original plan was to help Germany rearm so that together with France they could bleed each other out. USSR meanwhile would use that time to conclude army modernization and then attack the weakened parties, taking control of Europe.

Of course we had our plans too - first of all Hitler did not want to start the war until 1943-44 - only circumstances forced him to.

Correct me if I am wrong, but some opinions claimed that the "circumstances" are actually influences of Hitler political allies in Nazi military industry.

These opinions said that, close allies of Hitler are not competent technocrats like Mauser or Rhienmetall, but inexperience SMG/MP producers. These MP producers are the one who killed German assault rifle project in 193x and replaced it with powerless SMG/MPs.

During the invasion of Great Britian, the weaknesses of Hitler's allies in technology and science was exposed. In order to effectively conquer England, Germany need better equipments, better technologies and better logistics, something which the SMG ally of Hitler cannot afford. That is the reason why the MP producers persuaded Hitler to attack Russia instead of England. They believed that, with SMG and fast armoured vehicles like Panzer III, IV, they might easily conquered Russia and defeat the Red Army which had not finished its modernization yet.

And history proved that Hitler's SMG allies was wrong. Russia quickly recovered from the first blows and quickly churned out T-34, PPSh, Yak, IL,... all these are superior than German weapons at the beginning of the war.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:55 pm

German High Command never thought seriously about invading Britain. In order to succeed in that Germany needed AT LEAST a British-sized navy or preferable, absolute rule over the seas... Normandy landings come to mind immediately. With USSR at least there was a chance of knocking it out for some years - but ultimately it was not possible either. It all boils down to numbers.

But in 1933-41 there was pretty much a silent alliance between these two - without Soviet resources Germany would not've been able to build it's war machine. After 1941 these resources were among the top 3 reasons why we lost the war (oil shortages had a very debiliating effect on German war machine)
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:37 pm

for example people don't fully appreciate how much USSR helped Nazi Germany in starting WW2 - there was cooperation in tech, industry (last train with Soviet resources left to Germany literally a few hours before Barbarossa) and in military - German tankers even used to conduct exercises on Russian steppes (of course in Spain they ended up supporting different sides - but that's not that uncommon in politics).

But in 1933-41 there was pretty much a silent alliance between these two - without Soviet resources Germany would not've been able to build it's war machine. After 1941 these resources were among the top 3 reasons why we lost the war (oil shortages had a very debiliating effect on German war machine)

There was a very close relationship between Germany and the Soviet Union... for a start they both got screwed and lost territory after WWI rather unfairly in both cases I might add... the Germans and Russians were no more to blame for WWI than any other country including France, the US or UK.

All cooperation ended in 1933 however and military cooperation ended then too.

After 1933 the only relationship was commercial... the Soviets sold material to Germany... that was it.

If Germany and the Soviets were actually allies there would be no need for a non aggression pact like the molotov rippentropp pact.

Of course the Soviets and the Germans would appreciate the use of tanks in future war... for the most part the war in the east in WWI was not static trenches like it was in the west... for the west the tank was seen as a solution to the problems of machine guns and artillery in trench warfare... in the east... ie Germany and the Soviet Union it was more about mobility and fire power.

BTW if you want to point the finger for prewar collaboration then how about US companies like what became IBM selling the Nazis the counting machines they used to collate records to find jews in occupied territories, so they could efficiently round them up when the time was right.

Chamberlain was happy to appease Hitler along with the rest of the west.

German High Command never thought seriously about invading Britain. In order to succeed in that Germany needed AT LEAST a British-sized navy or preferable, absolute rule over the seas... Normandy landings come to mind immediately. With USSR at least there was a chance of knocking it out for some years - but ultimately it was not possible either. It all boils down to numbers.

Rubbish... over such a small area, a strong air force could ensure local superiority for the time needed to mount an attack... their problem wasn't lack of aircraft carriers and battleships, it was a lack of appropriate landing vessels. In the 1920s the Soviet Airborne forces could land groups of men in 20,000s with equipment... with a modern transport fleet the Germans would have been able to do the same with the right investment.

Lets face it... if the Germans had just concentrated on airfields and radar stations the battle of britain would have been lost... without air cover, they could have gone over Dunkirk style... Razz
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:19 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:

You do understand this is advocating of genocide. Civilians had no part in Nazism and advocating genocide of civilian population rather than achieving military tactical objectives which the west barely ever did in germany is going down to scum level of british empire and Churchill genocidal believes of superiority.

Hitler's Willing Executioners: Ordinary Germans and the Holocaust

http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Willing-Executioners-Ordinary-Holocaust/dp/0679772685/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438644033&sr=8-1&keywords=ordinary+Germans

Makes me wonder what these children behind the barb wire were guilty of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KCKagd6Ihk

You have the audacity to post such shit on a Russian forum?
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:45 am

Odin of Ossetia wrote:Hitler's Willing Executioners: Ordinary Germans and the Holocaust http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Willing-Executioners-Ordinary-Holocaust/dp/0679772685/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438644033&sr=8-1&keywords=ordinary+Germans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2KCKagd6Ihk

First, I strongly agree with Werewolf about civilians had no part in Hitler's war crimes.

But as Western media always blah blah bleh about Red Army killing German civilians etc etc... so I would like to ask you to use these information to silence their mouth.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Willing-Executioners-Ordinary-Holocaust/dp/0679772685/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438644033&sr=8-1&keywords=ordinary+Germans

You are some nuthead for sure. Me posting a comment against the advocating of CIVILIANS genocide and you asshole come with some garbage with stupid a comment how i can dare to be AGAINST civilian genocide advocating on a russian forum? You maybe should post your last comment on US or Israeli military forum they would very well appreciate such bullshit and pro-genocide garbage like you obviously do.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:

You are some nuthead for sure. Me posting a comment against the advocating of CIVILIANS genocide and you asshole come with some garbage with stupid a comment how i can dare to be AGAINST civilian genocide advocating on a russian forum? You maybe should post your last comment on US or Israeli military forum they would very well appreciate such bullshit and pro-genocide garbage like you obviously do.

Then God must be an "ass-hole" and a "nuthead"?

"An eye for an eye, and tooth for a tooth..."

Being religious is not only standing with candles on a Christmas mass.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

http://tass.ru/en/russia/812739

Russia is going to release the letter that was sent to them by the soviet embassy in Japan in 1945. Essentially, there is a statement that it is one of the greatest acts against humanity and it will be felt for 70 years (this year will mark that 70 years).
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:

Then God must be an "ass-hole" and  a "nuthead"?

"An eye for an eye, and tooth for a tooth..."

Being religious is not only standing with candles on a Christmas mass.

By old testament and the estimated numbers of people living in cities god has rampaged, plagued or demanded murder "sacrifice" of babies accounts for more than 25 mln people. Yes God is devil and truelly nuthead with anyone worshipping a god that does only bad things for no other reason but feed his ego or test "faith".

Being religious means occupying your mind with fantasies and enslaving yourself to a made up rules and doctrine of life, which is protected of people leaving this religion by constant fear that they will be punished for eternity with fire (christians) or boiling feces for goyims (judaism). Great to be indoctrinated in a religion which constantly reminds you that you were born into a club of apes that were beaten into this club and now it is your turn. Just like the social experiment with the apes, the ladder and the water... generation after generation abuse their children mentally to believe in something, adults can't understand but fall for it.  Marx was right it is an opium for the people. Some people wouldn't even manage to survive in this world if they empty lifes and heads would not be filled with lies, fear and hope to withstand the former two.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 am