Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
Lennox
Kiko
Arrow
ALAMO
thegopnik
LMFS
Nomad5891
nemerson
Daniel_Admassu
Tsavo Lion
Scorpius
limb
lancelot
dino00
The-thing-next-door
Isos
Gazputin
chinggis
Hole
KiloGolf
kvs
Nibiru
BlackArrow
Big_Gazza
Project Canada
PapaDragon
GunshipDemocracy
AlfaT8
gaurav
miketheterrible
Morpheus Eberhardt
Book.
Austin
max steel
Svyatoslavich
sepheronx
flamming_python
George1
KomissarBojanchev
collegeboy16
Rmf
Viktor
Vann7
coolieno99
magnumcromagnon
mutantsushi
GarryB
Mike E
52 posters

Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News

Post  Scorpius Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:42 pm

Hole wrote:Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 Luna-m10
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 000819
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 000175
    Fuck, they really got no plans. I mean... Roscosmos is doomed! Russia is doomed! Wink

The last photo is of the National Space Center under construction in Moscow. Some more concepts:
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 Dae7bb40ee4e3e78c3c44840673f4b28ddb0bd14
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 330dd37b254715900fbbe6bc4e29ad962c7cbe1e
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 64ae802628dcb43b832534885b0b9872990e1eb6
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 C981b1af77ef9c5578d82abc61928bb6657a21e2
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 Fef1c0193737ac211be1e080b09294d4b547ad1e
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 37e84990a4c034f464956bae55f57561f51a54ec
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 D4467a8baa3ef3e28fc04678a20fea419fa396c5

If it's even half as cool as the concept art, it will be the most beautiful national space center on this planet.

Big_Gazza, LMFS and lyle6 like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:51 am

You forgot Nukleon...  and Oryol... and ROS follow-on to ISS....  and what appears to be 1-2 spaceplace projects... the Spektr series of astonomical observatories... plus a restart of Russian planetary science...

Roscosmos has many irons in the fire, but the haters and 5th columnists prefer to ignore this reality and just cry about the sky falling.  It's pathetic really, but thats what geopolitical hatreds, ignorance and cultural chavinism does to people minds.

kvs, LMFS and Scorpius like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:13 am

Big_Gazza wrote:You forgot Nukleon...

Not Roskosmos project

Big_Gazza wrote:and Oryol...

You mean PTK-NP which still only exists as mockup and where only "progress" is name change by Chief Moron after he organized a big public voting on a completely different name?

There's a reason why tread name about that joke was reverted to PTK-NP

Big_Gazza wrote:and ROS follow-on to ISS....

Oh yeah, totally happening

Who will they try to sucker into paying for it now?

Should be called Russian Panhandling Programme

Big_Gazza wrote:and what appears to be 1-2 spaceplace projects...

Yeah, spaceplanes are making a comeback

Right after restart of Energia and Buran

What's next? Dirigibles?

Big_Gazza wrote:the Spektr series of astonomical observatories...

German Spektr series of astronomical observatories

Big_Gazza wrote: plus a restart of Russian planetary science...

You mean Russian piggybacking on ESA planetary science?

Big_Gazza wrote:Roscosmos has many irons in the fire...

Did we rename "bullshit" to "iron" and "Rogozin's fat stupid mouth" to "fire"?

Because that works too...

Big_Gazza wrote: but the haters and 5th columnists

Let me ask you something, when you fuck up at work do you tell your boss that it's the fault of haters and 5th columnists?

I assume you don't because you seem to be still employed somewhere

limb

Post  limb Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:31 am

You mean Russian piggybacking on ESA planetary science?

Oh come on, Im far from not being critical of roscosmos, but this stuff was already debunked several dozen posts back(which you conveniently never replied to), showing that the critical components(not to mention entire launch vehicles) for these joint ESA projects are Russian, and that in fact ESa has been doing piggybacking in the last decade. While you sometimes have legitimate criticisms, 80% of your drivel is retarded and aggravating western troll bullshit. You're a broken record.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and Scorpius like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:28 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

PD you are wrong there. The Spektr-RG currently in orbit do have German telescope eROSITA (in addition to a Russian telescope ART-XC) but the space observatory itself is a 100% Russian conceived, designed, tested, launched and operated spacecraft. Previous observatory Spektr-R which worked from 2011 to 2019 was also 100% Russian. The upcoming observatories Spektr-UV and Spektr-M would also be Russian observatories (although they would have scientific equipment from other countries as well, which is normal). All of them are manufactured and tested by NPO Lavochkin, and launched by Roscosmos.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, x_54_u43 and Scorpius like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:56 pm

Poor old PD...  He reads a post that was even slightly tangential to his beloved "trampoline man" and the urge to go full retard becomes too powerful to ignore...

If Nukleon isn't a Roscosmos project at some level, who the feck is funding it?  You think Arsenal is spending its own money on the publically revealed prototype?  Suspect

Oryol being a mockup publically is hardly an issue.  When they start bending metal for the first set of flight certified hardware they won't be posting pics on Instagram...   Suspect

Roscosmos is dispatching Nauka and Prichal this year.  They wouldn't be doing that if they planned to let them re-enter along with the US/ESA modules when the ISS is retired.  Breaking them away as a free-flyer nucleus of a national Russian station is actually quite likely, despite your habitual denials.

Why would spaceplanes be unreasonable.  Both the US and china have military spaceplanes.  Why wouldn't Russia develop their own?  A long term replacement of Soyuz by a reuseable spaceplane seems sensible to me.  Rather than outright snarky dismissal maybe you can list some sensible reasons?

Spektr... adequately dealt with by other posters.   Laughing

I think Exo Mars is a good example of Russia restarting its long dormant planetary science program, along with recent palns to restart Venus exploration. They won't be equal to NASA, but thats hardly fair.  Tell me when Serbia is going to launch any interplanetary missions?

I'm pleased that you seem concerned about my current employment, but you needn't be.  My current employer greatly values my technical leadership on our projects, as do my co-workers. That's fairly normal when people are competent hard-working professionals rather than spiteful haters with axes to grind.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS and Scorpius like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:44 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:If Nukleon isn't a Roscosmos project at some level, who the feck is funding it?  You think Arsenal is spending its own money on the publically revealed prototype?  ...

Russian state is funding it so at some level even Russian Weather society is involved in that project at some level as you said it

Fact that it's done outside of Roskosmos is major factor in it not being a total fuckup

Big_Gazza wrote:Oryol being a mockup publically is hardly an issue.  When they start bending metal for the first set of flight certified hardware they won't be posting pics on Instagram...

There is no "Oreo" or whatever it's rebranded now at some moron's whim

There is PTK-NP and it staying as mockup for decades is definitely an issue

Also funny that you mentioned Instagram because that's only place it exists

Big_Gazza wrote:Roscosmos is dispatching Nauka and Prichal this year.  They wouldn't be doing that if they planned to let them re-enter along with the US/ESA modules when the ISS is retired.  Breaking them away as a free-flyer nucleus of a national Russian station is actually quite likely, despite your habitual denials....

Nauka the one that was was sitting in storage for 15 years with sawdust in it's oxygen tanks?

I foresee great future ahead of it as entirety of whatever excuse for space station Trampoline Man tries to pass it off as

Until it leaks oxygen and whole thing goes tits up of course

Big_Gazza wrote:Why would spaceplanes be unreasonable.  Both the US and china have military spaceplanes.  Why wouldn't Russia develop their own?  A long term replacement of Soyuz by a reuseable spaceplane seems sensible to me.  Rather than outright snarky dismissal maybe you can list some sensible reasons?...

So which is Soyuz replacement? PTK-NP, space plane 1, spaceplane 2 or some​ other fanboy excuse?

Or is it when PTK-NP goes nowhere 5 years from now they will have spaceplane 1 in their imagination 5 years after that and then when that goes the same way there'll be spaceplane 2 in another 5 years?

Magical 5 years, never disappoints Razz

Big_Gazza wrote:Spektr... adequately dealt with by other posters ...

Zer gut thumbsup

Germany appreciates Russian taxi services as always

Big_Gazza wrote:I think Exo Mars is a good example of Russia restarting its long dormant planetary science program, along with recent palns to restart Venus exploration. ...

Long dormant? You mean dead, buried and long forgotten?

Phobos Grunt much?

ExoMars is European project, without European money and tech it wouldn't even have been a Twitter post on the moron's account

Big_Gazza wrote:They won't be equal to NASA, but thats hardly fair.  ...

Aiming for impossible heights I see?

JAXA is making them look like bitches these days

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Tell me when Serbia is going to launch any interplanetary missions? ...

We are waiting for Australia to blaze the trail first, God save the Queen and all that shit you got down there

Also, when are you emigrating to Russia?

You have been talking so much shit for so long that it had plenty of time for paperwork to clear the embassy

Big_Gazza wrote:My current employer greatly values my technical leadership on our projects,...

Ah, self employed then? Say no more

It also explains why your "hater" excuse is eternal Plan A for everything thumbsup

x_54_u43 and limb dislike this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:31 am

Papadragon wrote:JAXA is making them look like bitches these days

Yeah, cuz JAXAs manned orbital capability is so advanced.. oh wait... I mean their new rockets and manufacturing lines are coming along nicely... oh wait... I mean their new cosmodrome is on schedule... oh wait.... I mean their global positioning system is so effective... oh wait... Suspect

JAXA puts a priority on interplanetary science,but can't put their people into space without hitching a ride. Russia has other (strategic) priorities.

It says a lot about the lack of substance to your whinging that the serial name changing of PTK-NP/Federitsiya/Orel (pronounced or-YOL hence my spelling) gets yer lace panties in a bunch. Yer out of ammo if you're down to a few short 22s and stones Laughing

We're done. You're a good poster generally, 'cept when it comes to Trampoline Man/Roscosmos and the Adm Kuznetsov, and then your inner vann7 comes out to play...

magnumcromagnon, kvs and LMFS like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:45 am

Big_Gazza wrote:...We're done...

If only...

I just love how you move goalposts with every reply (JAXA part this time)

But if you will stop creaming your pants from now on every time someone says some ''mean'' truths about your fat idol retard then I'm more than fine with being ''done'' thumbsup

In the meantime we still have nothing but wreckages and salty twitter posts in Roskosmos

limb dislikes this post

limb

Post  limb Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:52 am

Show me proof that the federatsia's components aren't being built or tested. Show me its launch vehicles arent being built and tested. Show me that its cosmodrome doesn't exist Show me that funding has been cut, instead of being a worthless gish galloping troll.

Hint: its far more of a real program than the SLS and orion, which Ive been hearing are just around the corner since like 2009. And no the dragonshit isnt a replacement.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Scorpius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:22 am

Scorpius wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    Fuck, they really got no plans. I mean... Roscosmos is doomed! Russia is doomed! Wink

The last photo is of the National Space Center under construction in Moscow. Some more concepts:

If it's even half as cool as the concept art, it will be the most beautiful national space center on this planet.

I'd prefer them to just develop a new, reliable spacecraft, or do a moon base or something. We have enough glitzy skyscrappers in Moscow already.

But Rogozin and his priorities eh. Fat fucking load of good he's doing still down here on Earth.

PapaDragon and limb like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:27 am

They are working on all that.

The new HQ is to also consolidate location for all engineering centers.

The previous system was heavily bloated and operated like shit

Scorpius likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:38 am

miketheterrible wrote:They are working on all that.

I guess it doesn't hurt to have another skyscraper.

So far though that'd be the only accomplishment. Rosatom is also probably heavily bloated and spread out over dozens if not hundreds of daughter companies and offices, but that hasn't prevented them from reviving Russia's nuclear industries and orders abroad to an unprecedented degree and become a mega-corporation within a period of 15 years.

PapaDragon and limb like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:33 am

The "bloat" also helps companies scale up as work piles up and more people are needed in the industry.
    There is a reason the "bloat" existed in the first place.

The Soviet Union kept the bureaus small and competing against each other to promote scientific progress.
    If you merge them all together there is a risk of stagnation. If you put everyone into the same office spaces it will be hard to keep them original and competitive.
    This can be mitigated with efficient leadership and organization but the risk is there.
    Large corporations sometimes have small leading edge research centers outside their main offices precisely because they know this problem exists.

Which is not to say that some consolidation in the industry is not warranted, at least at this point in time, but doing it long term carries serious risks.
    The US government promoted "consolidation" of their military industrial complex into three players supposedly to save costs but reality has shown otherwise.

flamming_python likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 am

lancelot wrote:The "bloat" also helps companies scale up as work piles up and more people are needed in the industry.
    There is a reason the "bloat" existed in the first place.

The Soviet Union kept the bureaus small and competing against each other to promote scientific progress.
    If you merge them all together there is a risk of stagnation. If you put everyone into the same office spaces it will be hard to keep them original and competitive.
    This can be mitigated with efficient leadership and organization but the risk is there.
    Large corporations sometimes have small leading edge research centers outside their main offices precisely because they know this problem exists.

Which is not to say that some consolidation in the industry is not warranted, at least at this point in time, but doing it long term carries serious risks.
    The US government promoted "consolidation" of their military industrial complex into three players supposedly to save costs but reality has shown otherwise.

You ought to make your concerns known to the graduates of the 'Skolkovo school of effective management'

Albeit they might not have time to listen to you, as they're already busy making a mess out of the new Zvezda shipyard near Vladivostok.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:34 pm

limb wrote:Show me proof that the federatsia's components aren't being built or tested. Show me its launch vehicles arent being built and tested.

Well, here's some proof that components are being fabricated.

https://www.facebook.com/dmitry.rogozin.739/videos/230258112185993

Its Trampoline Mans FB page, so some will undoubtedly refuse to look as it might challenge their deeply-held religious convictions Laughing

kvs and Hole like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:48 pm

https://ria.ru/20210408/dvigateli-1727294942.html

This year Energomash will deliver to ULA the last set of six RD-180 engines under the current contract. Given the current relations of USA and Russia, a new contract seems unlikely, but ULA already has 24 RD-180 in storage, with these 6 will make the count to 30, so Atlas 5 should continue flying for better part of this decade even with no new contract.

In Russia, since Roscosmos has decided to incorporate methane engines into the SHLV being designed, the future of RD-180 is now a bit uncertain. Rolling Eyes

dino00 likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:27 pm

Components of the Science & Power Module being fabricated for the ISS

https://twitter.com/Rogozin/status/1380039838779518982

kvs likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:06 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Well, here's some proof that components are being fabricated.

https://www.facebook.com/dmitry.rogozin.739/videos/230258112185993...

Component

Single

This is definitely a component which is more than they had before (number being zero)

Herculean effort from Rogozin Fluff Agency, Mishustin must really be squeezing his balls lately to force his hand like this

Big_Gazza wrote:...
    Its Trampoline Mans FB page, so some will undoubtedly refuse to look as it might challenge their deeply-held religious convictions Laughing

Oh I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong but person you are pinning your hopes in is definitely not up to task

Speaking of which what happened to Rogozin's Twitter account? He was making history there until adults locked him out

And why is he on Facebook? That is not the platform where he can realize his true potential

He should make Tik-Tok account ASAP and get cracking because it's only a matter of time before social networks start clamping down on Flat Earthers

As always he is playing catch-up

This is not opportunity he can afford to miss!

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 am

PD, you need to see a doctor, seriously. You got a bad trampoline infection.

Rogozin is as active on Twitter as he can be https://twitter.com/Rogozin

magnumcromagnon and Big_Gazza like this post

Nomad5891

Post  Nomad5891 Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:22 am

PapaDragon wrote:Oh I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong

I will just quote PD here- people here think that the ones speaking against Roscosmos find some sort of delight in it or throw a party each time Roscosmos fails.

Truth is, current state of Russian Space Agency makes me sad.
    I do want Roscosmos to be the human space exploration leader, and as PD says I would love to be proven wrong. I will be the first one to say-¨Sorry guys, I was wrong and you were right¨.
    For me the important thing is that Roscosmos once and for one exits this latergy state they have been in the last 30 years. Start innovating and fielding real crafts and missions not 3D renders in Facebook. If this makes me a troll, then be it.

BTW today they are launching MS18 and they are streaming in online:

I read that with these 3 cosmonauts on board, the ISS will have briefly a crew of 11 people for the first time in history. That is a small village in space!

PapaDragon likes this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Nomad5891 wrote:

BTW today they are launching MS18 and they are streaming in online:

I read that with these 3 cosmonauts on board, the ISS will have briefly a crew of 11 people for the first time in history. That is a small village in space!

Photos of the launch taken from the International Space Station by one of the Russian cosmonaut up there. The smoke / dirt cloud at launch pad and the ascending rocket itself are clearly visible Cool

Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 Eyhrjo10
    Russian Launch Vehicles and their Spacecraft: Thoughts & News - Page 24 Eyhjbr10

Last edited by owais.usmani on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:They are working on all that.

I guess it doesn't hurt to have another skyscraper.

So far though that'd be the only accomplishment. Rosatom is also probably heavily bloated and spread out over dozens if not hundreds of daughter companies and offices, but that hasn't prevented them from reviving Russia's nuclear industries and orders abroad to an unprecedented degree and become a mega-corporation within a period of 15 years.

Rosatoms has consolidated a lot over the years. What have them a good boost was the demand for nuclear tech and the fact they are the last surviving company in civil and mil nuclear tech.

Also, what's your comment on zevzda? Last I checked, they have lots of orders and busy. Or is it slow progress on finishing it?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:19 am

miketheterrible wrote:....Also, what's your comment on zevzda?  Last I checked, they have lots of orders and busy.  Or is it slow progress on finishing it?

Most likely this:

Workers' strike at the SSK "Zvezda"

https://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/6690878.html

The workers demand better working conditions, the payment of the salary due and the accrual of holidays in full.

flamming_python, miketheterrible and lyle6 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:36 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:....Also, what's your comment on zevzda?  Last I checked, they have lots of orders and busy.  Or is it slow progress on finishing it?

Most likely this:

Workers' strike at the SSK "Zvezda"

https://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/6690878.html

The workers demand better working conditions, the payment of the salary due and the accrual of holidays in full.

Basically, management promised them free housing when they hired them

But then the workers found that said 'free housing' was actually being deducted from their salaries

Then their salaries started to be split and cut bit by bit each month in a sneaky manner with various extra expenses being deducted from the total

The local prosecutors office declined to look into it and simply deferred back to the management of the Zvezda shipyards

This sort of situation would lead to the most qualified workers packing their bags and seeking employment elsewhere so I'm glad that the strike started; seeing how key this enterprise is to the development of the Northern Sea Route, now the central court in Moscow and indeed the political leadership will have no choice but to get involved and get to the bottom of the 'effective management' situation there.

owais.usmani wrote:PD, you need to see a doctor, seriously. You got a bad trampoline infection.

Rogozin is as active on Twitter as he can be https://twitter.com/Rogozin

And he's putting 110% of all his efforts into making his Twitter presence as productive and effective as possible!

I see now he's trumpeting up a new LED billboard boasting Roscosmos in Moscow

How about you do some work you fking baboon, instead of devoting all your time to PR and press releases?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am