Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+11
vK_man
NickM
sepheronx
TR1
Rpg type 7v
KomissarBojanchev
Regular
AlfaT8
Werewolf
GarryB
d_taddei2
15 posters

Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries?

Poll

Should Russia try to unite a union with all the ex soviet countries???

[ 14 ]
    Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries? - Page 3 Bar_left52%Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries? - Page 3 Bar_right [52%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries? - Page 3 Bar_left48%Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries? - Page 3 Bar_right [48%] 

Total Votes: 27
    Regular
    Regular

Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries?

Post  Regular Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:52 am

GarryB wrote:I have heard some real horror stories from the UK where the locals turn up for work and then pretend they are working somewhere else on the job site and play soccer, while the foreign workers do the actual work.

The boss pretends to hire 60 people to do the job but only actually hires 40 and pockets the wages for the 20 he didn't hire each week.

Corruption is everywhere... but gets called "standard practise" in the west...
    I have to be fair here. Corruption in UK is not even close to what You would find in Eastern Europe and Russia. UK NHS might be incompetent, but You don't have to pay 50 quid bribe to get Your problem checked. Bribe culture doesn't thrive as they didn't have Soviet system with shadow economy. Let's face it, it's in our blood. I paid bribes to get MOT tests for my cars, I bought whiskey to my teacher before exams, I paid bribe to get pain killers after operation. Not to mention infamous cop and ashtray trick. I only seen how corrupt we are after living in this vacuum - corrupt people are in the government, but at least they are forced to step down after being caught,but in Eastern Europe they just continue on stealing and people are still voting for them.
    These days It's hard to find foreigner in UK who doesn't know his rights. I could sue my own company for smallest thing and I know I have more chance to pocket the case by playing foreigner card. And my boss knows it. He can call others wankers and skyvers, but oddly not me or indian fellow. Pretty sure we could sue him for not calling us wankers in name of discrimination.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Russia create a union with all ex-soviet countries?

Post  sepheronx Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Depends on where you work. I got horror stories of corruption here in Canada. All the way down to standard corporate level. It is how good you hide it. Cops in Russia are facing fines now for taking bribes, as well as imprisonment. Ones who turn down bribes gets a bonus. Remember the cop who turned down a million ruble bribe?

The problem is regular, you are not helping, but making things worst by following bribes. I know someone in Siberia that works in logistics and they face bribery all the time, and they don't follow it, and they opperate just fine.
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:20 pm

sepheronx wrote:

Ultimately, you will need skilled workers more so than cheap labour. China and Ukraine/Belarus are a good place to start looking for skilled workforce, as they have high education outputs, and would be more likely to work in Russia as they would get paid more.
    i dont think so , this people already know and speak russian have simmilar education system (maybe history is different;) ) measurement units and are used to the climate. Russia should re-expand but this time in a clever way only into areas where are already singnificant percentage of russian living.
    vK_man

Post  vK_man Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Ultimately, you will need skilled workers more so than cheap labour. China and Ukraine/Belarus are a good place to start looking for skilled workforce, as they have high education outputs, and would be more likely to work in Russia as they would get paid more.
    i dont think so , this people already know and speak russian have simmilar education system (maybe history is different;) ) measurement units and are used to the climate. Russia should re-expand but this time in a clever way only into areas where are already singnificant percentage of russian living.

That is why Russia wanted Eurasian union with Belarus,Ukraine and kazakhstan.But NATO brought neo-nazi coup in kiev and it seems ukraine is lost.

off topic,Russia's gun laws are pretty liberal ,they even allow ownership of sniper rifles like Orisis 5000 ,automatic rifles like Ak-47 these days. Though the civilian gun market there is protectionist in my opinion.But then I consider Russian guns the best .
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:21 pm

West needs to pump in 700+ bin $ in Ukraine to make a difference and that wont happen as we all know. But by not throwing money in a huge pit like Ukraine, Ukraine has no other option but

to fall back in line with Russia and Belarus.
    vK_man

Post  vK_man Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Viktor wrote:West needs to pump in 700+ bin $ in Ukraine to make a difference and that wont happen as we all know. But by not throwing money in a huge pit like Ukraine, Ukraine has no other option but

I think West Ukraine and East ukraine will separate. West Ukraine will go to EU .
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Viktor wrote:West needs to pump in 700+ bin $ in Ukraine to make a difference and that wont happen as we all know. But by not throwing money in a huge pit like Ukraine, Ukraine has no other option but

50 bn half of them in the way of loans half of them in the way of investments and 10 bn  listed as help would have been more than enough to reshape the country and bring it in the hug of west screaming and yawing. Alas west cannot afford more than 10 as loans and pretty much zero as investments and non retuning help. The time US winning slaves it's over. Now only loses. In 2 years from now what I say will be crystal clear.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:43 am