Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+18
miketheterrible
Pinto
George1
aksha
franco
max steel
Sujoy
type055
Werewolf
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
higurashihougi
GarryB
Viktor
TR1
ricky123
f-insas
Admin
22 posters

Indian Defence Industry / MIC

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Indian Defence Industry / MIC - Page 2 Empty Re: Indian Defence Industry / MIC

Post  higurashihougi Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    If they really wanted they could crush Vietnam without much of resistance from global stage.

Global stage will not give much resistance, but Vietnam will. Vietnam never wants wars, but knows how to create nightmare for the invaders.

The only way for China to make Vietnam submit, is simply killed all 77 millions of Vietnamese in this world. If it dares to.

But the most important things is that, Vietnam NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER wants to make a war with China. So basically the Brahmos serves as an iconic message at most.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Just look at what the Viet Cong did in NAM'. They came up with every improvised weapon you could ever dream of, and kicked our butts!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:16 pm

If they really wanted they could crush Vietnam without much of resistance from global stage.

Not really.

It all depends on what either side is prepared to give up for victory.. in the Vietnam war against France and then the US (and allies... including New Zealand and Australia and Canada) it was pretty clear the Vietnamese were prepared to give up everything including their lives for the future of their children and their childrens children. Most in the west have forgotten that sort of level of dedication and are used to have countries cave in over minor sanctions.
    type055

Post  type055 Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:14 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

Global stage will not give much resistance, but Vietnam will. Vietnam never wants wars, but knows how to create nightmare for the invaders.

The only way for China to make Vietnam submit, is simply killed all 77 millions of Vietnamese in this world. If it dares to.

But the most important things is that, Vietnam NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER wants to make a war with China. So basically the Brahmos serves as an iconic message at most.

eh~we don't want to fight with you too, generally speaking normal chinese don't know much about vietnam~ I guess most vietnamese don’t know nowaday china ~
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:36 pm

@Type 55: I understand, normal people do not want a war because all the economic achievements in decades will be erased in an instant. Not to mention that we will never see our beloved ones again.

BTW, thinking about Tejas... wonder if it is a good candidate for replacing the old MiG-21.

As far as I know Vietnamese articles tend to support a batch of Dassault Mirage 2000. I personally like a MiG-29.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:50 pm

higurashihougi wrote:@Type 55: I understand, normal people do not want a war because all the economic achievements in decades will be erased in an instant. Not to mention that we will never see our beloved ones again.

BTW, thinking about Tejas... wonder if it is a good candidate for replacing the old MiG-21.

As far as I know Vietnamese articles tend to support a batch of Dassault Mirage 2000. I personally like a MiG-29.

- Tejas should be able to replace it... It just needs to be more reliable and live up to expectations.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:22 pm

MR. Lê Hải Bình, the speaker of Vietnamese Foreign Ministry said he is uncertain about the Brahmos deal.

http://hanoimoi.com.vn/Tin-tuc/Doi-ngoai/704447/xac-minh-thong-tin-viet-nam-mua-ten-lua-chong-ham-brahmos
    http://www.doisongphapluat.com/tin-tuc/su-kien-hang-ngay/se-kiem-tra-thong-tin-viet-nam-mua-ten-lua-brahmos-cua-an-do-a50232.html

Interviewer: Can the Foreign Ministry verify the information that Vietnam will buy cruise missile Brahmos from India ?

Mr. Lê Hải Bình: We will re-check and re-examine the information that you have shown.

So whether Vietnam will buy Brahmos or not, we will have to wait.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:35 pm

higurashihougi wrote:MR. Lê Hải Bình, the speaker of Vietnamese Foreign Ministry said he is uncertain about the Brahmos deal.

http://hanoimoi.com.vn/Tin-tuc/Doi-ngoai/704447/xac-minh-thong-tin-viet-nam-mua-ten-lua-chong-ham-brahmos
    http://www.doisongphapluat.com/tin-tuc/su-kien-hang-ngay/se-kiem-tra-thong-tin-viet-nam-mua-ten-lua-brahmos-cua-an-do-a50232.html

Interviewer: Can the Foreign Ministry verify the information that Vietnam will buy cruise missile Brahmos from India ?

Mr. Lê Hải Bình: We will re-check and re-examine the information that you have shown.

So whether Vietnam will buy Brahmos or not, we will have to wait.
    I wonder if they would skip Brahmos for Yakhont... - I don't know why they would, but it is a possibility.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:49 am

I can't see India not wanting to sell to Vietnam, but if they decided not to, then Vietnam could certainly buy Yakhont from Russia.

Both Brahmos and Yakhont would be compatible with standard UKSK launchers fitted to most future Russian exported naval vessels... including Subs.

Yakhont would lack land attack capability and would likely be rather less capable than Brahmos... but even it would be a very powerful weapon.... a force multiplier... in another thread Zg18 posted a short video of a launch of Yakhont and it impacting a ship in the Black Sea... very impressive.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:22 pm

GarryB wrote:I can't see India not wanting to sell to Vietnam, but if they decided not to, then Vietnam could certainly buy Yakhont from Russia.

Both Brahmos and Yakhont would be compatible with standard UKSK launchers fitted to most future Russian exported naval vessels... including Subs.

Yakhont would lack land attack capability and would likely be rather less capable than Brahmos... but even it would be a very powerful weapon.... a force multiplier... in another thread Zg18 posted a short video of a launch of Yakhont and it impacting a ship in the Black Sea... very impressive.

Yes, after all the P-800 is the basis for Brahmos project. Furthermore, Vietnam already has 40 Yakhonts, deployed in the Bastion-P system.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:20 pm

This entire talk of India selling BRAHMOS to Vietnam and Indonesia is just some PR stuff cooked up by DRDO.

DRDO is [in]famous for making tall claims.

Vietnam and Indonesia already have a sizeable arsenal of Yakhont . Why will they be buying an expensive missile like Brahmos when Yakhont can very easily do the same job?

The BRAHMOS deal was signed with India so that India can repay Russia the money that it owned to the USSR.

Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:39 am

Sujoy wrote:This entire talk of India selling BRAHMOS to Vietnam and Indonesia is just some PR stuff cooked up by DRDO.

DRDO is [in]famous for making tall claims.

Vietnam and Indonesia already have a sizeable arsenal of Yakhont . Why will they be buying an expensive missile like Brahmos when Yakhont can very easily do the same job?

The BRAHMOS deal was signed with India so that India can repay Russia the money that it owned to the USSR.

I wouldn't be surprised... Look at the Arjun!
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Indian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affair, Anil Wadhwa, confirmed that India will sell Brahmos to Vietnam.

http://infonet.vn/thu-truong-ngoai-giao-an-hop-dong-ban-brahmos-cho-vn-sap-hoan-tat-post145461.info (in Vietnamese)
    http://news.zing.vn/An-Do-sap-hoan-tat-hop-dong-ban-ten-lua-cho-Viet-Nam-post457755.html (in Vietnamese)
    http://tinnhanh.baodatviet.vn/An-Do-Hop-dong-ban-BrahMos-cho-Viet-Nam-sap-hoan-tat-498599.html (in Vietnamese)

Translation:

Making a speech in front of the news agents, Mr. Anil Wadhwa, Indian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affair, New Dehli and Hanoi have already discussed about a Brahmos contract for Vietnam.

Mr. Wadhwa did not tell the details about the negiotation. However, according to Deccan Herald, the negiotation is well developed, and the Brahmos contract was also agreed by Moskva.

During the 2013 visit of First Secretary of the Vietnamese Communist Party, Nguyễn Phú Trọng, Hanoi had proposed to buy the Indian Brahmos. India, Moskva and Hanoi also discussed about a joint projects of manufacturing a Vietnamese indigenous missiles, whose design is based on Russian Kh-35.

http://www.defencenews.in/defence-news-internal.aspx?id=KlfXMc0uCe0=

Briefing mediapersons about Mukherjee’s forthcoming visit to Vietnam, Anil Wadhwa, the secretary (east) of the Ministry of External Affairs, said that defence officials of New Delhi and Hanoi were discussing a proposal for supply of BrahMos missiles to Vietnam.

Wadhwa declined to provide details about the progress in India’s talks with Vietnam. Sources, however, told Deccan Herald that the talks were in an advanced stage and Moscow had already informally given its nod to New Delhi for supply of the missiles to the South-East Asian country.

New Delhi had to obtain Moscow’s nod as the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles are produced by a joint venture of Defence Research and Development Organisation and Russia’s NPO Mashinostroeyenia.

Several countries like Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia and Malaysia evinced interest in importing the BrahMos. Sources, however, said that Vietnam could be the first country to have a deal with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited for import of the missiles.

Moscow and Hanoi have also been discussing about a proposal for a joint programme for developing a missile system in Vietnam based on the Kh-35 Uran of Russia.

The negotiations, however, could not make much headway, although Hanoi has of late been keen to strengthen its arsenal to address its immediate security concerns, arising out of its escalating tension with Beijing over conflicting territorial claims in the waters of South China Sea. During the visit of general secretary of Vietnam Communist Party, Nguyen Phu Trong, to India in November 2013, Hanoi proposed negotiations with New Delhi for supply of the BrahMos missiles.

New Delhi also offered Hanoi a credit line worth about $100 million to procure military hardware from India. The discussion on the modalities for implementation of the credit line is expected to get a fillip during Mukherjee’s visit to Hanoi.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Pretty big news for both Vietnam and India.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 am

I would prefer to see a Tejas contract, or some lightweight fighters... The Vietnamese MiG-21s are damn old. Even with the Bison upgrade standard, I'm afraid that they have only a few years to live.

And then the Su-22M4 should be replaced, too. I'm looking for an additional MK2 batch, or Su-34 will be nice.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 am

Probably less so when Vietnam already had the system in service.

The main change is that Brahmos will have a land attack capability and also be more effective against naval targets.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:19 pm

GarryB wrote:Probably less so when Vietnam already had the system in service.

The main change is that Brahmos will have a land attack capability and also be more effective against naval targets.

- That is what is potentially valuable... Well, the fact that a few could penetrate most ship convoys is nice as well...
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:20 pm

higurashihougi wrote:I would prefer to see a Tejas contract, or some lightweight fighters... The Vietnamese MiG-21s are damn old. Even with the Bison upgrade standard, I'm afraid that they have only a few years to live.

And then the Su-22M4 should be replaced, too. I'm looking for an additional MK2 batch, or Su-34 will be nice.
    As would I... Tejas does need more time though, but it should be a great aircraft when it is ready!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 am

I have often thought that if India took that ten billion for MRCA and spent it on Tegas to get it right it would be of rather more benefit to India than any batch of medium fighters.

Having a good heavy and a good light fighter is really all you need... a big capable fighter and a smaller lighter cheaper numbers fighter that can put bombs on target and carry modern capable AAMs that make NATO forces fire at helos from 10km range...
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:43 pm

GarryB wrote:I have often thought that if India took that ten billion for MRCA and spent it on Tegas to get it right it would be of rather more benefit to India than any batch of medium fighters.

Having a good heavy and a good light fighter is really all you need... a big capable fighter and a smaller lighter cheaper numbers fighter that can put bombs on target and carry modern capable AAMs that make NATO forces fire at helos from 10km range...
    I 100% agree.... That was a huge mistake!
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 pm

GarryB wrote:I have often thought that if India took that ten billion for MRCA and spent it on Tegas to get it right it would be of rather more benefit to India than any batch of medium fighters.

A significant number of Indians go to the US & UK especially the IVY League colleges for higher studies. Upon completion of their studies many of these individuals start their own businesses in the US.

These individuals are large donors to most political parties in India and they more often than not advice the Indian Government to purchase products/services made in the U.S.

Another segment of Indians, notably those in the Armed Forces and their wards also travel to the US & UK for higher education. Their tuition fees is sponsored by the likes of Boeing, Lockheed among other Defense OEMs.

Naturally, these people too, influence procurement process( of military hardware) in India. This explains why even after an Indian diplomat is publicly humiliated in the U.S , India still signs a $2.5 billion deal for Helos with the US.

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:59 am

India has always wanted to explore and possess many kinds of technologies from various countries. By my guess, may be that explains the EU-canard contract ?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:06 am

higurashihougi wrote:India has always wanted to explore and possess many kinds of technologies from various countries. By my guess, may be that explains the EU-canard contract ?
    They are smart for having that approach, but they should (should have) avoided the Euro-canards save for the Gripen, which seems to be a good aircraft. The Rafale is simply too expensive to buy and maintain, while the EF has had its fair share of issues (it is also expensive).
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:59 am

higurashihougi wrote:India has always wanted to explore and possess many kinds of technologies from various countries

Yes! The idea was always to “widen the basket”. But now the Indian Government has realized there are some serious issues in this approach. That’s why the domestic industry is being improved, which includes providing support to the Private Sector.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-09-14/news/53904131_1_defence-ministry-cochin-shipyard-limited-landing-platform-docks

higurashihougi wrote:By my guess, may be that explains the EU-canard contract ?

A number of jets were tested during the MMRCA competition. The Indian Air Force had come up with 600 + parameters that these jets would have to fulfill. Typhoon and Rafale were the only two jets that fulfilled those parameters.

Mike E wrote:but they should (should have) avoided the Euro-canards save for the Gripen, which seems to be a good aircraft.

A significant portion of the Gripen’s sensors are procured from the US by SAAB. The US was unwilling to transfer key technologies associated with the Gripen.

Mike E wrote:The Rafale is simply too expensive to buy and maintain, while the EF has had its fair share of issues (it is also expensive).

Actually maintenance charges are relatively low, but procurement charges are high.

This whole fiasco has been caused by HAL & DRDO. Had they been able to roll out the LCA-MKI in the 90s to replace the Mig-21,the IAF would not have to go for  the MMRCA. Eventually, it’s we the taxpayers who pay the price.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm

A PROUD MOMENT FOR INDIA'S GROWING MIC . Myanmar operation: 70 commandos finish task in 40 minutes

The actual operation (hitting the camp and destroying it) took about 40 minutes. Not only did the commandos kill those present at the camps in gun fight, during which rocket launchers were also used, one of the camp was also set afire.

Sources, quoting ground reports, said 38 militants were killed and seven others were injured in the strike.

Thermal imagery was also used to track the operation about which Myanmarese authorities were kept in the loop, they said.

Mi—17 helicopters of the Indian Air Force were put on standby, ready to be pressed into service to evacuate the commandos in case anything went wrong

The meeting explored the options of air strike using Sukhoi and MiG-29 fighters as well as ground strike by special forces of the army.

However, this option was ruled out since the possibility of colatoral damage was high in an air strike .

Pakistan said We're not MYANMAR . lol!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Inside-story-Over-100-northeast-militants-may-have-been-killed-in-Armys-Myanmar-operations/articleshow/47609757.cms?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:09 am