Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+18
Walther von Oldenburg
Kimppis
AbsoluteZero
Mike E
etaepsilonk
sepheronx
rambo54
max steel
victor1985
Austin
Corrosion
Werewolf
SOC
flamming_python
TR1
KomissarBojanchev
GarryB
Russian Patriot
22 posters

America Still On Top?

Poll

Do you think America is still #1?

[ 4 ]
    America Still On Top? - Page 2 Bar_left25%America Still On Top? - Page 2 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 9 ]
    America Still On Top? - Page 2 Bar_left56%America Still On Top? - Page 2 Bar_right [56%] 
    [ 3 ]
    America Still On Top? - Page 2 Bar_left19%America Still On Top? - Page 2 Bar_right [19%] 

Total Votes: 16
    max steel
    max steel

America Still On Top? - Page 2 Empty Re: America Still On Top?

Post  max steel Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:38 pm

victor1985 wrote:Well nowadays americans rule the world. And you know how they are. Their global finance dont wanna loose their status. Do you think they actually think what would happen in case of war? No if the war bring them money theyll do it. Only thing that stop them right now is that others have a power and a war means loose on their team.

Dont worry american global hegemony will falter in coming 2-3 decades .
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:01 pm

What make you say that? According to what i saw the americans have the eu support, arabs and others. In order to resist to that must have a own strong economy and best army.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:10 pm

max steel wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:Well nowadays americans rule the world. And you know how they are. Their global finance dont wanna loose their status. Do you think they actually think what would happen in case of war? No if the war bring them money theyll do it. Only thing that stop them right now is that others have a power and a war means loose on their team.

By 2050 there will be no country with the name United States of America on this planet. Empires rise and fall, mainly from within or consumed by others.
    rambo54

Post  rambo54 Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Basically true. But EMP means that all the digits on their account are vanished :-)
    As it is said here elsewhere: Empires come and go. They are a super power since lets say the first world war. That's a hundered years. That's nothing. Wait another 50 years and look for China...and forget Europe. They have no slim decision system at all. 28 voices from very different point of view and no (more) military power...

By the way...back to topic: Are there any pictures in the net of 40N6? Same size as 48N6 or more like 9A82?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    max steel wrote:

By 2050 there will be no country with the name United States of America on this planet. Empires rise and fall, mainly from within or consumed by others.

Delusional as always.

Keep crying, the US is not going anywhere.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:56 pm

TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    max steel wrote:

Delusional as always.

Please, if i want opinions on politics from an imbecile i go and listen to Psaki.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:04 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    max steel wrote:

Delusional as always.

Please, if i want opinions on politics from an imbecile i go and listen to Psaki.

Not only will the US be around in 2050, it will still have a larger economy and larger military than Russia.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:35 pm

TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    max steel wrote:

Delusional as always.

Not only will the US be around in 2050, it will still have a larger economy and larger military than Russia.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That I highly doubt. Seeing as how Dollar is now losing its edge and China's investment bank has now created a wedge between US and its various allies, and its horrendous debt, I highly doubt US will have the economy close to what it has now in the future, especially if they end up defaulting. Cant stay on top forever. By 2050, China's investment bank will outdo world bank and IMF (with it rumored with IMF moving to Hong Kong or Shanghai), US grip economically will diminish severely. Wont be poor, but wont be what it is now for sure.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Larger Economy . Very Happy Crony Capitalism all the way . US will have less hegemony by 2050 . It's a fact .
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Heh, why so modest? The world striving for no hegemonies should ask aliens for help, they would undermine USA in no time at all Very Happy

The scenario would be as follows:

That I highly doubt. Seeing as how Dollar is now losing its edge and aliens' investment bank could create a wedge between US and its various allies, and its horrendous debt, I highly doubt US will have the economy close to what it has now in the future, especially if they end up defaulting. Cant stay on top forever. By 2050, aliens' investment bank will outdo world bank and IMF, or maybe outdoes even now, considering it encompasses several star systems or something (with it rumored with IMF moving to centauro proxima), US grip economically will diminish severely. Wont be poor, but wont be what it is now for sure.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

The US doesn't have an economy, heck... We don't even have a military. All we have is a debt-ridden state with a bubble about to burst at any moment.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Mike E wrote:The US doesn't have an economy, heck... We don't even have a military. All we have is a debt-ridden state with a bubble about to burst at any moment.

The entire US economy is based soley on one thing, the hegemony to bully around the entire world so the dollar stays as the worlds reserve currency. As soon the majority of countries toss out the worthless dollar as reserve currency and go back to precious metals, the US will face hyper-inflation, which means they can go with trucks of dollar buying a loaf of bread, just like it already existed in the world. They only can print now money like madman without much of effect because they hold most world hostage under IMF and under FED's dollar. That is why they make war, that is why they keep making war to crush everyone who dares to make gold backed currency like the gold dinar which sealed gaddafi's fate.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Mike E wrote:The US doesn't have an economy, heck... We don't even have a military. All we have is a debt-ridden state with a bubble about to burst at any moment.

By that standard Russia's economy and military are not even worth being talked about.

Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:15 pm

TR1 wrote:
    By that standard Russia's economy and military are not even worth being talked about.
    You live here, so for sanity's sake you should know what I'm talking about here. The Fed plus all the behind-our-backs money-pumping is going to burst one day, and probably (hopefully?) soon. 

Seriously... You can't call it a legitimate economy when it is based on illegitimate (and often times illegal) practices. Denying this just makes you sound like a typical arrogant Democrat and/or Repub, not a good thing.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:21 pm

More legitimate than Russia's oil price dependent budget, sorry.
    2008 bubble (despite being product in large part due to shitty US company practices) showed how much of the world still trusts the US economy and in the central place of the dollar in the international economic system. As opposed to Russia's economy and the ruble....lol. Real valuable currency right there. Such a big financial player in the world Russia is.

The American private sector is leagues above Russia's. Not even much of a comparison to make right there.

As for military, won't even go there. Money speaks.

Yeah I live in both countries, so I can make a comparison based on first hand experience as well. Not a comparison that favors Russia.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Whatever helps you mate Laughing
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:36 pm

max steel wrote:Whatever helps you mate Laughing

It doesn't help me, it is a sad fact that Russia's economy is run by thieves and morons.

There is a reason so many Russians leave the country to do their business elsewhere- and I am not talking about the thieves who stay in Russia while shipping their money out into Swiss banks or London real estate.

Awful business climate, and all due to the self-serving government in power.

It is only going to get worse before it gets better, if ever.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:54 pm

TR1 wrote:More legitimate than Russia's oil price dependent budget, sorry.
    2008 bubble (despite being product in large part due to shitty US company practices) showed how much of the world still trusts the US economy and in the central place of the dollar in the international economic system. As opposed to Russia's economy and the ruble....lol. Real valuable currency right there. Such a big financial player in the world Russia is.

The American private sector is leagues above Russia's. Not even much of a comparison to make right there.

Yeah I live in both countries, so I can make a comparison based on first hand experience as well. Not a comparison that favors Russia.
    lol1  How? Illegally pumping worthless dollars into what is then worthless market via an illegal organization is a legitimate economy? 
    The world doesn't have any faith in the dollar, the IMF does... If it wasn't in control of our ****heads the dollar would be recognized as the trash it really is. 
    As far as I'm concerned, the Ruble is worth more than what the dollar really is.

And it's failing.... The private sector here has been getting screwed over for years.

Money doesn't speak when the MIC milks the living **** out of the taxpayer. Cause the Stryker and F-35 are "worth" the billions and billions in cost.

- Like what max said; whatever floats your boat. Living in delusion must be one heck of a ride.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 pm

TR1 wrote:
    max steel wrote:Whatever helps you mate Laughing

It doesn't help me, it is a sad fact that Russia's economy is run by thieves and morons.

There is a reason so many Russians leave the country to do their business elsewhere- and I am not talking about the thieves who stay in Russia while shipping their money out into Swiss banks or London real estate.

What?  Tax exemptions for two years for new businesses, ease of doing business has increased drastically (65 ranking) and support from federal government in venture funds to help businesses while creating plenty of special economic zones.  If it wasnt improving, then even your beloved bloomberg wouldn't even have said it.  Pretty much, things have gotten a lot better, hence why the 65 rating from what, 140 previously?

Yeah, Max is right.  you are delusional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ease_of_doing_business_index#Doing_business_2015

Correction, now it is 62, which is actually above China, whom is the enterprise capital of the world now. So that throws your theory out the window. Huge portion of US corporations left for China yet China's ease of doing business is worst. Hmm. Even head offices are moving. Only region in China were ease of doing business is greater is Hong Kong and Hong Kong has been losing enterprises to Shanghai.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Every nation govt is being run by thieves . Even my country politicians are corrupt and so is with US .

What i said is most Americans fails to realize that US is struggling too and turning into a corrupt nation . A kleptocracy . US dollar is being backed by military nothing else . A fact . Despite having world's highest military budget, but  in order to maintain the hegemony of dollar , it will be even more costlier . Ever heard of term De-Dollarization ? It's happening gradually .

Business climate is awful .Russia continues to draw investors from all over the world, who rank it the sixth-most attractive country in the world for FDI  . Corruption can be eliminated by Reducing administrative barriers by minimizing bureaucracy, increasing transparency of business regulation . If you think Russia can compete with US economically then you're wrong .China can and is doing handsomely  . Russia should focus in becoming Europe's top gdp nations .

it's only going to get more worse . How it will be . I disagree . 2008 crisis was not due to US company shitty practices . Dollar is being trusted less as it used to be earlier . That's why i said hoping usa economy will be a chaos is simply puerile .  Nations are heading towards multipolar world already where we'll have alternative(yuan) . For start you can read Zero-hedge . It has been awarded as the best financial blog . Don't heed to ZH articles predicting another crash and global crisis rest is fine . You can negate it but certainly it's a fact .

Last edited by max steel on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:18 pm

I noticed Max, you are a regular on Zero Hedge, is this correct?

I remember reading countless on the de-dollarization, and the move to the AIIB apparently is the most recent next to hording of gold by various countries.

TR1, this is how US is rich: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-28/both-sec-and-finra-admit-market-rigged-and-they-are-powerless-fix-it

The American Dream: Part 2
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-28/american-dream-part-2-we-now-live-pimpocracy
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:26 am

Mike E wrote:
    TR1 wrote:More legitimate than Russia's oil price dependent budget, sorry.

lol1  How? Illegally pumping worthless dollars into what is then worthless market via an illegal organization is a legitimate economy? 
    The world doesn't have any faith in the dollar, the IMF does... If it wasn't in control of our ****heads the dollar would be recognized as the trash it really is. 
    As far as I'm concerned, the Ruble is worth more than what the dollar really is.

And it's failing.... The private sector here has been getting screwed over for years.

Money doesn't speak when the MIC milks the living **** out of the taxpayer. Cause the Stryker and F-35 are "worth" the billions and billions in cost.

- Like what max said; whatever floats your boat. Living in delusion must be one heck of a ride.

Worthless dollars? The mass of Bilateral Currency Swaps that occurred during and after the 2008 crisis say otherwise.
    And countries did this OUTSIDE the IMF, directly with the US.

You can say all you want about the ruble, the fact is nobody has used it to stabilize their currency and economic prognosis (outside the CIS, and even then, not really), nobody buys it up like they do dollar denominated assets, nobody holds substantial amounts of it as their foreign exchange reserves....I could go on and on. Countries that rely on the ruble due to their dependance on Russia (Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc) have been feeling just how hollow the ruble is with the recent devaluation.

Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:52 am

Ok.... Maybe not worthless per se, but unreliable for sure. The dollar is only worth a thing because of our dominance in oil and the fact that we have substantial control over many countries finances, IMF or not. This does not, however, mean that the dollar *should* be worth any more or less. Fiat currencies are already flakey, add an unstable platform to that fact and suddenly things aren't looking so good. 

Never really have *I* mentioned the Ruble. It may not be the strongest of currencies to date but in Russia's position that is excusable, very much so in my honest opinion. 

The dollar has only lessened in value since the whole OPEC thing, and will continue to do so with yet more illegal activities perking it up. To me it is sad to think that my country, friends, and self are relying on such a... Unstable currency and system.

Per my political affiliation all Fiat currencies are rather, *unsafe*; Ruble, Dollar, Euro, or whatever other currencies comes to mind.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:40 am

More legitimate than Russia's oil price dependent budget, sorry.

I would say recent events seem to show it is not an oil dependent budget or economy... because if it was it would be dead. Right now it is just not growing.

2008 bubble (despite being product in large part due to shitty US company practices) showed how much of the world still trusts the US economy and in the central place of the dollar in the international economic system.

Bollocks... what it shows is that there is no current viable alternative... they aren't fucking idiots... they know this whole stack of cards is designed to keep the US exactly where it is...

Real valuable currency right there. Such a big financial player in the world Russia is.

And where was the US economy 25 years after it was created?

American consumerism is killing the world, if the rest of the world follows might as well start WWIII now.

The free market is supposed to be some dynamic system that self rights and self corrects and will lead us to a bright future... what it really leads to is informercials on TV with shiny pretty aholes trying to sell you shit you don't need.... but wait there's more... we sell so cheap we can't afford to pay real people to make this shit so it has to be made in some third world country... with the devaluation of the Rouble I would find it totally hilarious if the next batch of consumer crap to hit the western markets comes from Russia...

Actually I would say the opposite... the US and NATO is clearly not interested in sending troops into the Ukraine to take back the Crimea, or even South Ossetia or Abkhazia... what the fuck is the point of NATO if they are afraid of Russia? Isn't that the whole point of NATO?

Can't use NATO because Russia might use nukes... so I repeat WTF is the point of NATO... Russia will never give up its nukes and will likely start building more after 2021 when the Moscow Treaty expires and the US has ABM systems all over the place.

Yeah... I have eaten apples and I have eaten oranges but my opinion is still just my opinion.

Yes... the western banking system is run by angels on earth to protect the sanctity of man.

Of course if I had a few million dollars I could wine and dine a few congressmen to get a law change to benefit me personally at who knows what cost to the average voter or non voter... but after all that is democracy isn't it?

It is called economic migration... who would live in a country with a hard climate with economic problems when they can run away to a place where roads are already built and there is running water and lots of shops... just look at the US Mexico border.

Many people in Europe ran away from their problems like the class system or lack of jobs to move to the new world... Australia, New Zealand, the US etc for every person there was a different reason.... but does that make all of Europe a shit hole? There are actually people travelling the other way too.... Siberia is like a resource rich Alaska...

Every few years in New Zealand a politician complains about bright young Kiwis heading across the ditch to Aussie because the pay is better and things are cheaper and there is more work.... blah blah blah. Some go and come back with lots of money, some never come back, some come back to start a family.

Get a dictionary mate... look up the opposite of self serving and you can bet your ass there will be no mention of the US government mentioned.

If the business climate is bad... you could stay and weather it out or you can fuck off... you clearly chose the latter... but does that make you an expert or a quitter?

If you mean better as in more like the west then I hope it never gets "better".

If you mean better as in fair for everyone including those that are not already rich then that is a goal to aim for.

You can say all you want about the ruble, the fact is nobody has used it to stabilize their currency and economic prognosis (outside the CIS, and even then, not really), nobody buys it up like they do dollar denominated assets, nobody holds substantial amounts of it as their foreign exchange reserves....I could go on and on. Countries that rely on the ruble due to their dependance on Russia (Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc) have been feeling just how hollow the ruble is with the recent devaluation.

Alternatives to the US dollar are being sought... it has a bleak future because of this... once serious alternatives are available the US dollar will decline... probably rapidly.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

America Still On Top? - Page 2 Empty Temp the status

Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:35 pm

TR1 wrote:There is a reason so many Russians leave the country to do their business elsewhere- and I am not talking about the thieves who stay in Russia while shipping their money out into Swiss banks or London real estate.

But they don't. It is exactly the thieves, oligarchs, etc.. that spend most of their time outside the country in places like London, Switzerland, French Rivierra, etc.. and come back to Moscow every month or two to talk business with their fellow cronies.
    For certain specialists; where English-langauge skills are very common and practically a requirement even in Russia - and are highly-paid and demanded in Europe and America - such as my own; software engineering - then yes you will certainly see a fair amount emigration too. But that's the same for every such proffession in the world - in the West such people leave their own countries no less often.

Nevertheless, someone made a survey a few weeks ago, where they asked ordinary people if they had any desire to leave the country and live/work abroad.
    As I recall something like 82% said no - which are astonishing figures really; even in Great Britain where I lived before - the equivalent figure would have been no more than 60-70% or so; same with the rest of Western Europe. If you were to ask this question in Poland, Romania, Baltic States, etc... I can't even imagine how low the figures would be.

What's also an interesting is that this was the highest figure for such a question ever recorded in Russia. In the middle of our financial 'collapse' and 'international isolation' no doubt.
    Another interesting thing is that the last peak figure was recorded in 2008/2009 or so, at the peak of the financial crisis.
    Seems people want to stay put when change is underway. Or when the rouble is fluctuating. Or maybe they just want to stay, and see opportunity here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:59 am