Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+2
Admin
Scout19k
6 posters

Howdy, I'm Dave!

Scout19k
    Scout19k

Howdy, I'm Dave! Empty Howdy, I'm Dave!

Post  Scout19k Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:57 am

My name is Dave and I am a retired US Army NCO. I was also in the USAF Security Police for 9 years as well. Vlad invited me over so I thought I would join. Need a place to talk military without a bunch of poop going on around the conversation. I have a civilian police and security background and military background is most combat arms.

I wargame, am a military modeler, and collect militaria.

Feel free to ask anything.

Thanks!

Dave
    Admin
    Admin

Howdy, I'm Dave! Empty Re: Howdy, I'm Dave!

Post  Admin Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:59 am

Welcome to my playground Dave! welcome Don't forget to let everyone know you are a tank nut.
    Scout19k
    Scout19k

Post  Scout19k Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 am

I am a tank nut!!!
    KRON1

Post  KRON1 Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:07 am

Hi Dave, would I know you from WAB?
    Scout19k
    Scout19k

Post  Scout19k Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:10 am

KRON1 wrote:Hi Dave, would I know you from WAB?

Sorry kron, whats WAB? Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:14 am

I believe that would be World Affairs Board. He is coming from an Iranian forum, although he may post all over. I haven't seen him around much outside of IDF.
    KRON1

Post  KRON1 Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:17 am

Vladimir79 wrote:I believe that would be World Affairs Board. He is coming from an Iranian forum, although he may post all over. I haven't seen him around much outside of IDF.

I must be thinking of Zraver. I can't stand that guy much. His lack of history education is embarrassing. The guy thinks Robert E. Lee couldn't have defeated Grant if he had a similar equipped Army. lol1
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:21 am

KRON1 wrote:

I must be thinking of Zraver. I can't stand that guy much. His lack of history education is embarrassing. The guy thinks Robert E. Lee couldn't have defeated Grant if he had a similar equipped Army. lol1

Zraver... haven't heard that name in awhile. Me and Dave outed that guy on IDF when he claimed to be a fake tank driver. lol!

Don't have to worry about Dave's credentials... he is the real deal.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 am

Scout19k wrote:I am a tank nut!!!

With that in mind, I will promote you to Military Professional. Usually I have a vetting process, but you are already vetted.
    Scout19k
    Scout19k

Post  Scout19k Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:43 am

I was at IDF. I went to a couple of other boards as well but didn't find anything I liked. The Vlad told me he had this board so I came and dug in.

The fact is if Lee had 1/2 the military grade weapons that Grant had Lee would have held DC. The fat that southern boys made it to Vermont is clear that Lee had the ability. Unfortunately the war went from being about States Rights to being about slavery which it wasn't.

I'm a southeren boy Very Happy

KRON1 wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:I believe that would be World Affairs Board. He is coming from an Iranian forum, although he may post all over. I haven't seen him around much outside of IDF.

Scout19k
    Scout19k

Post  Scout19k Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:45 am

Vladimir79 wrote:
    Scout19k wrote:I am a tank nut!!!

With that in mind, I will promote you to Military Professional. Usually I have a vetting process, but you are already vetted.

Thanks brother! Greatly appreciated!
    KRON1

Post  KRON1 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:11 am

Scout19k wrote:I was at IDF. I went to a couple of other boards as well but didn't find anything I liked. The Vlad told me he had this board so I came and dug in.

Once you figure out the post features this board is alright. Every time you use a tag it places it at the bottom of the post unless you highlight it. Then the tag will stay but it will still scroll you to the bottom. I like the photo hosting, you don't have to upload to imageshack every time you want to post a photo from your hardrive and it embeds most of the popular video formats.

The fact is if Lee had 1/2 the military grade weapons that Grant had Lee would have held DC. The fat that southern boys made it to Vermont is clear that Lee had the ability. Unfortunately the war went from being about States Rights to being about slavery which it wasn't.

I'm a southeren boy Very Happy

Seriously, I had to walk away from that discussion. The people on that board are a bunch of idiots. They think Lee was a wreckless general that could have attrited the Union Army when in fact, it was his aggressive tactics that threw the Army of the Potomac off their goal for several years. If he had hunkered down for a siege, he would have ended up like the majority of Grant's victories in the West... surrounded and starving.

nightcrawler
    nightcrawler

Post  nightcrawler Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:47 am

2-3 tHINK TANKS LIKE You SIR Are ALWAYS WANTED ON A DEFENCE FORUM
    milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

Post  milky_candy_sugar Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Welcome, tank nut D:
    zraver

Post  zraver Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:56 am

KRON1 wrote:

Kron1, I'll have that debate with you any day of the week. Grant operated across the breadth and depth of the South and was the first commander since the Mongols to control multiple armies across multiple fronts towards a unified objective and in mutual support. Lee was a competent army commander, Grant was both a supreme commander and army group/front commander. The world would not again see the likes of Grant with his supporting cast until WWII.

At every step Lee was outfought by Grant. It does not matter what criteria you use- losses as a percentage of total forces committed, who was left in command of the ground, who was reacting to who.... Lee was out thought and out fought. Lee's greatness is built on the backs of incompetent Union commanders. Rosecrans, Hooker, McClellan.... its hard not to look great vs that cast.

Vlad

Admin edit... No personal attacks on members. If you want to debate KRON1 about the Civil War, start the appropriate thread.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content