Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
Azi
walle83
Krepost
dionis
jhelb
Ned86
andalusia
thegopnik
Stealthflanker
lancelot
Werewolf
AlfaT8
Hannibal Barca
Serberus
TMA1
marcellogo
DerWolf
Ispan
ucmvulcan
Firebird
Broski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Walther von Oldenburg
Rodion_Romanovic
mr_hd
Arkanghelsk
ludovicense
lyle6
Erk
rfan
kvs
sepheronx
Belisarius
SeigSoloyvov
higurashihougi
Odin of Ossetia
zare
limb
Kiko
Big_Gazza
Tolstoy
Sujoy
GarryB
d_taddei2
caveat emptor
zorobabel
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
mnztr
Isos
billybatts91
PapaDragon
franco
Backman
VARGR198
owais.usmani
George1
Regular
JohninMK
nomadski
par far
Mir
GunshipDemocracy
LMFS
famschopman
Arrow
Hole
ALAMO
Dr.Snufflebug
Scorpius
74 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39

Ned86

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39

Post  Ned86 Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:49 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:The results speaks for themselves
    10s of lost su34, su25, su30, ka52,

I am sure at least 30% is due to friendly fire...
    At the end of the day losses were nothing in comparispon to the US losses in Iraq which basically didn't have Air Force and Air defense.

Iraq war
    According to media reports, 129 helicopters and 24 fixed-wing aircraft were lost in Iraq between the 2003 invasion and February 2009

Desert Storm
    46 killed or missing 8 captured 75 aircraft ‒ 52 fixed-wing aircraft and 23 helicopters

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, famschopman, Hole and like this post

jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39

Post  jhelb Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:02 am

Firebird wrote:Well some of my ideas might be unworkable. But others I think are likely to find America/GATO's soft underbelly.
    I like your ideas, at least you are trying to provide some solution.

The best possible step that Putin can take is to eliminate Sunaak. He is not a popular leader, instead he is an illegitimate head of state, not liked by the electorate in the U.K. If he goes no one will miss him.

However, getting rid of him will sent out a strong message to the NATO leaders that others can also be targeted thereby creating a whole lot of fear in their mind.
    famschopman

Post  famschopman Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:45 am

Looks like the first Leopard is already destroyed. There is a comment that this one is from Syria but could be copium.

https://twitter.com/75Sukhoi/status/1630461998441054209
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:47 am

Sunak is a cocksucker of the very lowest order.
    Foreign, effeminate, obscenely overprivileged. Is a puppet and with his 1 bn inheritance, politics is just a hobby to him. I think he's pretty inconsequential. And much like Bride of Chucky Truss he probably couldn't point to the Pukraine on a map.

I think there's generally an unwritten rule that the largest states won't assassinate each other. Altho Trump murdered an Iranian general, the US has done multiple head of state murders and the Pukraine murdered numerous Donbass leaders.

Of course Nuland and her rabid NeoCon husband Robert Kagan would be individuals who wouldn't be missed.
    Altho I'm sure my own govt would be butthurt if that was advocated by me or anyone else.

Kagan created the Project for a New American Century, a vile organisation that even the British hard right was appalled by. Basically advocating mass wars and terrorisation by America around the World. Its so disgraced that the whole site was pulled down. Altho its still around if you search eg dark web.

I wonder if assassinations MIGHT happen in the future. But the politicians obviously aren't running America (Nuland and co aside). Who does that leave? Soros and friends? The old WASP Establishment families in America?

The boiling frog post above was very interesting. As was the other post observing how America is perhaps overly tech and IT reliant. I reckon their system would collapse far easier than Russia's if there was some sort of hi tec attack.

Last edited by Firebird on Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Mir and rfan like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:48 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Fqajqy10
    Stupki settlement was liberated
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Fqcukr10
    Call sign: Chuba
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Scree601
    Russia isn´t running out of vehicles. Or flags.

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, zardof and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:52 am

If we get out of the safe space bubble of most Russian TG channels and have a look at some enemy videos, we will find a multitude of them , i mean shitloads, showing Wehrmacht troops and armour amassing and moving around without a care in the world, during daytime and certainly not worried about air strikes.

And i am not talking about deep inside Ukronazistan, I am talking about near the front lines, and in the streets of towns under attack etc…where they should most definitely at least be cautious of the 2nd most powerful airforce in the world (or so we are lead to believe)

The only thing that they ever seem to be targeted by is inaccurate artillery.
    Imo to say the Russian airforce is doing anything but a piss poor job is delusional. Those spray and pray dumb rocket lobs into empty fields are the most infuriating.

Last edited by Serberus on Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PapaDragon, Odin of Ossetia, zorobabel, owais.usmani and rfan like this post

flamming_python and Big_Gazza dislike this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:59 am

I'm a bit confused about the air support aspect.
    I know it was a big part of the combined operation in Iraq etc with the AMericans.

We see "long arm" strikes from Russia with missiles.
    We are seeing more and more light drone strikes.
    Masses of artillery
    And apparently helicopters have been used to good effect.

Can't jets be used from a distance ie using height as an advantage to fire shortish range missiles? Possibly in collaboration with drones for laser guiding and identification?

Some commentators reckon there was a shortage of bandera tanks to fire at. OK but what about their artillery?
    What about the streams of new equipment Uncle Satan has been sending over? It IS really puzzling.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:25 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Fqap4k10
    New air attack  lol1
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Fqapid10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Scree602
    Orion drone(s) are in action.

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, psg, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf and like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:51 pm

UVZ
    https://m.vk.com/video-206639135_456265927

kvs and Hole like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:03 pm

About the VKS, several points-

The VKS did not do a piss poor job,

It's the approach which was taken by the Armed forces that did not suit the VKS

First off, the VKS does not have many planes, so attrition cannot work for the VKS the same as it works for the army

When the army took a smoke break, and so did the VKS after that

Other issues included the air defense situation, there were gaps in air defense which Ukros exploited

This has been corrected by taking control of the PVO - the army isn't conducting combined arms maneuvers, and meanwhile Russia is getting hit, albeit sporadically, so the VKS can organize the PVO to help improve the radar picture and coverage of the border

Finally, they are prohibited from executing the missions which they excel at. Namely incapacitating Ukrainian infrastructure

They can easily hit Zakarpatiya tunnels, dnepr bridges, and continue hunting air defenses, as well as interdiction of weapons

They can also bring the Ukrainian energy structure to a real halt, not spamming Kalibr and Geran on 330V substations which are easily repaired

But we aren't talking about VKS inability to do so - but some sort of hesitance to do so by politicians

GunshipDemocracy, Odin of Ossetia and owais.usmani like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:13 pm

The Leo 2 fragment is from Syria:
    https://en.topwar.ru/135356-v-sirii-polnostyu-unichtozhen-tureckiy-tank-leopard-2a4.html

The attempted drone strike on the Tuapse depot seems to have caused minimal damage to a few sheds only. Still, dangerously close to the cisterns, and a bad look in general.

Seems like a UJ-22 was shot down in Kolomna too. What's the range of those little things, I wonder?

flamming_python, kvs and famschopman like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:38 pm

There was an article saying that America would only support the Nazi midget fanboi til late this year.
    There is an argument that Russia wants a long slow war to harm Europe and the Banderafilth.

Personally I cannot understand such a claim but who knows?

Certainly tomatoes being rationed in England suggests there is something rotten. (And I don't mean the tomatoes). But anyway, sanctions vs Russia have sent British inflation sky high. From 1% to 50% in some goods, more in gas infact.

I struggle to see why Russia would limit airforce usage if it could have devastating effects.
    I'm talking about usage where the risks to the Ru AF are low, not daft risky missions.

--------------------

Also there is a suggestion that intel linkup between Ru AF, drones and land forces aren't as good as could be.
    Again who knows?

I know I can't understand why columns of Banderafilth just stand there. Whilst Ru artillery is engaged on duels for days, weeks even.

Maybe there's Maskirovka. Maybe Russia wants to draw more vermin out? Maybe there are politicians handbraking the mil operation. Maybe there are weak links.

Who the **** knows ultimately? But I would like to get a better idea of it all.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:48 pm

Some here and in the media talk about "attrition war" to bleed the west

Personally I doubt it is so, and that this is all by design

More likely this strategy is a compromise after the initial failures of the Armed Forces and political leaders to act with cohesion and a plan as to how to solve this problem

The Russian leadership certainly did not want to end gas sales to Europe, or to be ostracized as they were

The pivot east, the attrition war, and the general approach are borne of necessity - not any kind of planning
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:50 pm

Well some of my ideas might be unworkable. But others I think are likely to find America/GATO's soft underbelly.

One of Putins real strengths is to not act emotionally and irrationally and just use methods of attack that could backfire or could simply do more damage to Russia that to the party you intend to hit.

The problem really is to damage the US directly and those driving all this bullshit, but not in a way they will respond to it by escalating further.

Russia's crucial error is that its former red lines were deleted... on multiple occasions, far too many infact.

The red lines were crossed and this conflict is the result of it... there was no chance of their concerns being met in the previous situation, but now I think the chances are pretty good they are going to get the outcome they want.

AMerica is attacking Russia. But Russia is not attacking America. So America will inevitably hit Russia more... and harder! Russia's stance makes absolutely ZERO sense whatsoever. Its basically encouraging further attacks.

For over a decade Russia has known it has no future with the west and the obvious solution is to cut all ties and go its own way, but trading with the west is too easy even if it has no future prospects... increasing sanctions were always going to happen because the west is basically not happy that Russia is not a fawning little bitch like the west is, and the goal was always to either break Russia or break Russia up.

The point is that Russia wins if the US continues to cut Russia off from the west... that is already doing more damage to the west and Russia is finding that the entire rest of the world is there to do business with and on more equal terms than the west would ever allow so there is not just a future there but a good future for both Russia and the rest of the world.

The US escalating and doing stupid things just accelerates the split with the west and Russia should be thankful they are doing this because lots of very rich Russians probably like the west more than they like Russia because money is power but it is unbridled power in the west.

Russia just needs to remain intact and continue to look to the rest of the world... being cut out of SWIFT was supposed to be the mega sanction that broke them... I would say Russian banks all withdrawing from SWIFT so any international banks or organisations wanting to work with Russian goods would need to join whatever money transfer system Russia and the rest of the world set up to allow transactions to happen... if the west wants to buy Russian energy or materials then they will need to join such a system making SWIFT redundant and less useful... a blunt weapon of the US.

New sanctions make Russia buy old ships for transporting oil and gas which they can use while building up a fleet of new ships to continue the trade for themselves so European shipping companies no longer skim the cream of Russian energy exports, and of course non western insurance companies can make money too...

The so called attacks by the US on Russia increase Russias independence in trade and cut away all the little third party ways the west made even more money from Russia and other countries with international trade that would otherwise have nothing to do with them.

This is all a good thing and Putin should thank the west for being so stupid.

No, dedollarisation is NOT attacking America. Its simply showing freedom of choice and was inevitable when America attacked Russia. The level of control over the Pukraine by the US is like Russia taking over Puerto Rico and giving it nukes to fire at America.

Dedollarisation requires more than just one country to do it and over time countries will see that the US uses its money like a weapon and the only way to protect yourself is to use your own or someone elses money instead... that will be a serious kick to the US... they are desperately trying to spend money on their infrastructure now while it has value and can buy concrete and other materials because soon it is not going to be worth much because of the rate they are printing it...

2)Moving, on and looking at types of counter escalation. Well I suspect cyber attacks on the US would cause the US far more harm than similar ones to Russia. Imagine Yandex down vs Facebook, Twatter, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and a massive host of military, civil and other tech systems down in the US. It would be at a standstill pretty soon.
    Russia might have some inconveniences too. But nowhere near the USA.

The problem is that once you cross that line it can't be uncrossed and nobody wants to be the one to open Pandoras box.

Ultimately the American public (and some politicians) might thing "this is stupid it is going nowhere, lets try and get an agreement with the Russians).

What Russia actually needs to do is find the people with the big money pushing conflict with Russia and to a lessor extend with China and hit them where it hurts and maybe they might back down but I wouldn't count on it.

I still think the best solution is to continue to grind down the Orcs til the next lot decide they want to live and don't want to die for America or Zelensky... it seems to me that the US is looking at the territory of the Ukraine and all the wealth it has in the ground... whether that is soil or other materials... I honestly think Russia is going to have to take it all from them...

One sideshow that will continue (as little punishment): the French will be thrown out of Africa

The French have been there long enough and only seem interested in the locals paying them rent, they are not interested in solutions or making life better for the locals so kicking them out just makes sense.

Western economies are thrown under the bus, the economies of the largest industrial countries in Europe are losing the remnants of competitiveness in front of China.

The US is talking about dealing with China after they just threw the EU under the bus over Russia... it is hilarious... especially when the US asks for Russian help against China like they are currently asking for Chinese help against Russia...

That is the level the US is at...

This just isn't true. Syria was the most expensive CIA program ever and they shipped tons of manpads in. This is in the record. I guess there was just less bodies in Syria ? But its not like all 500-700,000 Ukraine soldiers were strolling around outside with a Manpad on their back in Feb 2022.

The article knows this isn't true because it mentiones the Russian AF flew above 5km altitude to avoid MANPADS... if they didn't have any why would they bother?

I have been busy doing other things but I want to know is the war about to come to an end and has Russia defeated the Ukraine?

Why do you think any of us know?

The west is pumping money and weapons and support into Kiev and as long as they keep doing that the zombie will keep doing what it is told, but eventually they are going to fall over and not be able to get back up no matter how much money the west pumps into them.

The longer the range of weapons they send to Kiev the further back from Russian borders the Russian troops will have to push the Orcs to be safe.

Ukrainians living in that buffer zone might decide to join the Russian Federation which means the orcs will need to be pushed further back again, or when they get so far they might just want to be neutral... which will require security guarantees from Russia which will mean pushing the orcs out of range again anyway... notice the pattern?

The Iranian drone story is still up in the air as well. No one actually has a shred of evidence it was indeed coming from Iran or if Russia was indeed just building their own on same design, or what not. We don't know what was on the planes between the countries.

The story seems to be that Russia has been looking at Iranian drones for years and presumably tested some in Syria and decided years ago to licence produce it with the factories being built before this conflict even started.

They weren't used at the start of the conflict because big slow targets are easy to shoot down, but when they started using them the Orc air defences had been depleted to the point that most if not all would get through.

These are Russian drones modified with Russian parts and Russian compatible equipment.

Cmn' bro ...
    You are just deluding yourself now.
    But of course Iranians supply.

Iran says no, and Russia say no, the US and the EU and Britain say yes... so you believe the nazi supporters?

However, getting rid of him will sent out a strong message to the NATO leaders that others can also be targeted thereby creating a whole lot of fear in their mind.

American politicians have been talking about murdering Putin for quite some time... playing that game would make the west very happy because that is a game they would love to play... it suits their ethics and morals.

The only leadership Putin could legitimately top would be Zelensky and his gang.... at some point Putin has to say there is no negotiating with Zelensky, perhaps it is time to talk to someone else in Kiev about options for peace, but all the reasonable parties have been banned so eliminating the current leadership is an attempt to allow more cool heads to take power.

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, kvs, Tolstoy, starman, Hole and Broski like this post

Tolstoy
    Tolstoy

Post  Tolstoy Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:22 pm

From this overhead angle of the Leopard 2PL that has been sent to Ukraine it seems they have added additional armour package on the frontal arc of the turret. Also, relatively unique turret bustle shape.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Leopar10

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:26 pm

Some here and in the media talk about "attrition war" to bleed the west

Personally I doubt it is so, and that this is all by design

More likely this strategy is a compromise after the initial failures of the Armed Forces and political leaders to act with cohesion and a plan as to how to solve this problem

Of course the preference was for regime change in Kiev and for the West to accept it as a fait accompli

But I doubt that Russia went in w/o a Plan B, Plan C, Plan D and so on.

After about the first week, Russia started targetting oil depots, ammo dumps and military industrial facilities in the Ukraine systematically. That shows there was a shift pretty early on.

The Russian leadership certainly did not want to end gas sales to Europe, or to be ostracized as they were

They didn't want to be, and maybe they underestimated the extent of it here and there, but basically they were prepared for the West's strategy, in fact more than the West itself was. The Western states ended up damaging their own economies and political standing in the world. Classic judo move where their own momentum was used against them.

Russia meanwhile withstood the economic and political assault quite well. They even managed to even get most of their $300 billion out on the sly, while the EU still seems to be searching and have found only $36-37 billion of that to date. Then there was Naibullina's tight-pursed financial policy since 2014 and hoarding of reserves instead of investing much of that money.. something that people on this forum were criticizing, and some in Russia even accused her of being a globalist 5th column member. As we see now though in retrospect, it made perfect sense and was a wise bit of preparation. There were also laws introduced by Putin over the last few years aimed at encouraging oligarchs and state officials to repatriate their money to Russia and sell their property abroad. Some of them didn't listen, of course.

The pivot east, the attrition war, and the general approach are borne of necessity - not any kind of planning

The pivot east started in 2014, and was born of necessity all the way back then, not now. Even earlier potentially if you take into account the Primorye region's 2012 APEC summit, the gambling zone plans there, the bridge to Russky island and the construction of a new university and world-class campus there targeted for foreign students from Asia as well as Russians.
    But really investment into Vladivostok started after the sanctions from the West, with the Eastern Economic Forum holding its first event back in 2015.
    Since then there has been the Vladivostok-Chennai Maritime Corridor project, the move to make Russky Island into a federal territory, the Sputnik satellite city project in the Primorye region and a lot of individual investments.

Outside of the greater Vladivostok area, there has also been the Far Eastern land program, various subsidies for travel to/from these regions, the pipelines to China, the cross-border bridges between Russian and Chinese regions, the railway project from the coal basin in Yakutia to the coast for exports to Asian states, the moves towards mutual currency trade with China and India, and so on.

Since 2014 Russia's trade with the rest of the world was increasing faster than its trade with Europe and the US, particularly Russia's trade with Asian countries.

All of this was before the war.

I'm speaking about just the economic efforts, not the political ones which were the most obvious since 2014.

GarryB, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:55 pm

If we get out of the safe space bubble of most Russian TG channels and have a look at some enemy videos, we will find a multitude of them , i mean shitloads, showing Wehrmacht troops and armour amassing and moving around without a care in the world, during daytime and certainly not worried about air strikes.

And i am not talking about deep inside Ukronazistan, I am talking about near the front lines, and in the streets of towns under attack etc

So you've stepped out of the safe space bubble of Russian telegram channels into the safe space bubble of Ukrainian telegram channels, where they conveniently ignore the shitload of videos where they hide behind civilians so they don't get bombed to shit by VKS:

Ukrainian resources publish a video of the transportation of Western military equipment in trucks of the Nova Poshta company
    https://en.topwar.ru/211769-ukrainskie-resursy-publikujut-video-perevozki-zapadnoj-voennoj-tehniki-v-gruzovikah-kompanii-nova-poshta.html

Ukraine's Army Hiding Rows of Tanks Among Civilian Buildings in Artemovsk, UK TV Report Says
    https://sputniknews.com/20230123/ukraines-army-hiding-rows-of-tanks-among-civilian-buildings-in-artemovsk-uk-tv-report-says-1106606454.html

Armed Forces of Ukraine unload anti-tank mines TM-62M from a dump truck
    https://t.me/lost_armour/367

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Airbornewolf, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and Broski like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:13 pm

https://www.analisidifesa.it/2023/02/la-bulgaria-riprende-la-produzione-di-munizioni-russosovietiche-per-rifornire-lucraina/

Basically Bulgary with its action reveals itself as one of the main enemies of Russia

Bulgaria resumes production of Russian/Soviet munitions to supply Ukraine

The Terem munitions factory on the outskirts of the Bulgarian town of Kostenets resumed production in January to supply munitions to Ukraine.  The New York Times writes it   by taking up news already made known in mid-January by the Sofia authorities themselves who confirmed the opening of a new plant for the production of explosives and ammunition at the Terem-Tsar Samuil industrial complex, owned by the publicly controlled company Terem Holding,

Defense Minister Dimitar Stoyanov declared on January 17 that the new production plant will guarantee 30 additional jobs to Terem Holding's workforce.

The plant had ceased production of 122mm artillery shells in 1988 at the end of the Cold War, but the Russian invasion of Ukraine has transformed "Soviet-era weapons and ammunition into crucial material", especially if one bears I realize that Europe is no longer able to quickly supply Western-style ammunition and weapons and that the United States is also increasingly reluctant to deplete its depots to feed Kiev's forces.

Finding Russian/Soviet-type weapons and ammunition, found on the international market or newly produced, also allows you to save time and resources in training the Ukrainian military, used to using such equipment as opposed to the standard NATO equipment.

Despite the heavy losses suffered, the Ukrainian army in fact largely has weapons using standard Russian/Soviet caliber ammunition (for the 122 and 152 mm artillery against the 105 and 155 of Western productions).

The 122 mm projectiles produced in Bulgaria are used by the D-30 towed howitzers (about 450 at the beginning of the war) and the 2S1 Gvozdika self-propelled guns (about 600 in February 2022 - in the photo below) also supplied to Kiev by Eastern European NATO countries )

As the New York Times points out, the United States and its NATO allies do not produce these munitions and are forced to find alternative solutions that "keep the transactions calm and avoid political fallout and Russian retaliation".

Representatives of the United States Embassy in Sofia attended the inauguration of the new production at the Kostenets state plant last month, the newspaper reveals, which recalls that another similar plant (also state-owned) has reopened its doors in nearby Sopot and that Bulgaria is not the only country that discreetly contributes to Ukraine's war effort: in addition to Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic, Luxembourg also supplies Kiev with Russian/Soviet-type weapons from Prague.

BTR armored vehicles, BMP-1 combat tracks, T-72 tanks, towed and self-propelled howitzers, Mi-8/17 and Mi-24 helicopters and Su-25 attack aircraft arrive in Ukraine from many European states that were parties to the Pact of Warsaw.

Bulgaria's projected arms exports soared last year to more than $3 billion, about five times its foreign sales in 2019, according to government estimates based on data collected as of October 2022. Sofia caved to the Ukraine also means and weapons from its armed forces including T-72 tanks and Sukhoi Su-25 (and perhaps also Mig 29) attack aircraft.

According to the New York Times, the United States is scouring factories in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Romania in search of bullets for the Ukrainian army and Great Britain has allegedly set up a secret task force to find weapons and ammunition for Ukraine in the world .

The importance of such sources is growing as Ukraine burns munitions at an unsustainable rate that Jens Stoltenberg, the NATO secretary general, said is "many times higher than our current level of production".

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Odin of Ossetia, Hole, Mir and rfan like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:19 pm

The A-50 in BLR appears unscathed in satellite imagery from today.

flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, littlerabbit, Hole, Mir and Belisarius like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:29 pm

Ukraine clearly has no problem moving troops around en mass, that is why they are always able to reinforce areas.

To say the russians are attacking these troop movements is indeed a lie, they might be attacking once or twice but has a whole? no.

This is why I aid blind boot licking helps no one, it makes you blind to obvious facts

Odin of Ossetia and owais.usmani like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:39 pm

To say that Russia is not attacking these troop movements is a lie, as there is no reason why Russia wouldn't be.

It's obviously not attacking them enough to stop them, and neither was the US against the Ho Chi Min Trail - but that doesn't mean long-range missiles, airstrikes, and so on aren't doing damage.

GarryB, psg, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:20 pm

Lots of good points raised in this interview:

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:27 pm

Ho Chi Minh Trail was covered by a thick jungle, while in Ukraine, as some posters above have noted, big military concentrations are found in the open without being attacked.

There is a big difference between the two.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 573e22d429dff246d11f895a31a13507

See the difference?

rfan likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:40 pm

Amazing how enlisting for Mirotvorets list shocks a men Laughing Laughing

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Photo132
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39 - Page 20 Photo133

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:41 pm

Videos of civilians that have hid in Bakhmut-area basements for months but emerged once Russians secured the area are popping up.

Even Ukrainians admitted as much multiple times, "the locals are waiting for the Russians", "the locals are giving away our positions"...

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:00 pm