Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+80
Podlodka77
TMA1
onwiththewar
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
George1
0nillie0
SolidarityWithRussia
thegopnik
ATLASCUB
ludovicense
Azi
Ned86
gc3762
Kiko
d_taddei2
The-thing-next-door
mnrck
Odin of Ossetia
ArgentinaGuard
Scorpius
RTN
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
Fred333
LMFS
kvs
medo
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Werewolf
mnztr
psg
nero
flamming_python
Sprut-B
MMBR
ult
lancelot
dionis
Erk
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sujoy
Stealthflanker
ahmedfire
nomadski
par far
PhSt
caveat emptor
SeigSoloyvov
Eugenio Argentina
andalusia
GarryB
Big_Gazza
crod
franco
JohninMK
Arrow
Regular
Ispan
diabetus
Dr.Snufflebug
Firebird
PapaDragon
limb
sepheronx
calripson
Belisarius
mr_hd
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
ucmvulcan
Hole
VARGR198
Serberus
ALAMO
Isos
owais.usmani
Hinex1988
Mir
84 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat May 14, 2022 12:12 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Unfortunately, no progress can be made. A desperate call for Chinese involvement in the war is the only hope that I can think of. If not, I don't see a way out but the use of nuclear weapons, if China and India allow it of course, else it would be economic suicide.

If non of the above happen, this is going to be extremely serious soon. Russia is not only suffering from lack of manpower but also from industrial production. Russia's modern weapons are not too bad, but the production numbers resemble a country like... Malta, not the biggest country in the world.

A military coup, hitting Ukrainian leadership directly, ideally when visited by Western dignitaries, taking out Putin and then rely to what Russia does well, defence, might make the trick as well, but hard to achieve this transition smoothly at times of war.

Really dumb to say IMO, The Russians can and should win but the way they are handling the war right now might just cause them to lose not because of supply or production problems but because of incompetent leadership.

franco and GunshipDemocracy like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat May 14, 2022 12:13 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Russians are retreating from Kharkiv? WTF is going on? The more and more I follow what's going on the more I'm realizing that Putin and Co. are incompetent and sloppy. I don't even know what they're doing at the moment in Ukraine. How do they plan on preventing Ukraine and the endless supply of Western weapons from embarrassing the Russians in the upcoming summer counteroffensive? Russians seem undermanned and undersupplied in Eastern/Southern Ukraine, they're just lobbing missiles as of right now and I'm not sure the Russians are taking this war seriously enough to actually win it and get all the way to Odessa/Transnistria. Russians are burning a lot of money and there's not much to show for it so far imo. If I were a Russian in Russia, I'd be pissed. All that money spent on the military and now receiving rough sanctions only to have these results in Ukraine currently. Will they ever make a serious ground offensive to win the war in Eastern/Southern Ukraine? What they're doing right now is just not enough to win, I'm getting nervous about what the actual strategy is at this point and if Russia's goals will be met at the end of this war.

Careful now you'll get the fanboys and armchair generals mad.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat May 14, 2022 12:16 pm

During the week, as a result of artillery and air strikes, a dozen and a half exits from the dungeons of Azovstal were blocked

Reports are coming from Mariupol about ongoing combat work on the territory of the Azovstal metallurgical plant, where the number of Ukrainian militants and foreign mercenaries who have settled there is melting every day. While the "Azovites" hiding in the basement of the plant (*representatives of an extremist group banned in the Russian Federation) one by one record video and audio messages to the Pope, the UN Secretary General, the President of Turkey, Elon Musk, the Israeli government calling for the "extraction" procedure (as they they themselves say), Russian troops and guys from the People's Militia of the DPR keep the encirclement, methodically working as part of the denazification operation.

It became known that since the beginning of the week several successful special measures have been taken, as a result of which the enemy forces at Azovstal lost their observation posts and firing points on slag mountains in one of the segments of the metallurgical plant. In addition, the effective use of artillery and aircraft made it possible to block at least a dozen exits from the plant's dungeons, including several main ones.

One of these entrances and exits was located in close proximity to the railway track. The militants, often using it, betrayed themselves by their activity. This exit was targeted, and the fighters of the RF Armed Forces and the NM of the DPR were waiting for the appearance of a group of "Azov". The militants came out of this manhole, after which they were first opened by mortar, and then by dense artillery fire. As a result of an artillery strike, the entrance to the underground utilities was blocked.

Previously, the exit to the river was blocked, which the militants used to collect water and deliver it to the cellars.

Such tactics lead to the fact that literally every day the number of exits from basements and bomb shelters that militants can use is reduced. Accordingly, the fewer these exits to the surface remain at the disposal of the enemy, the more difficult it is for him to act outside the dungeons, and even more difficult to stay inside. We need to look for other options to get out "to the light." But there are also cellars from which all possible exits are filled up. And therefore, the further fate of those militants who were blocked in them was decided. They can, of course, try to dig the collapsed soil and dismantle the rubble. But this requires both strength and time - also taking into account the fact that "nothing will fly" during such an activity. But it will "arrive" ... With all the consequences.

https://topwar-ru.translate.goog/196276-v-techenie-nedeli-v-rezultate-udarov-artillerii-i-aviacii-zablokirovano-poltora-desjatka-vyhodov-iz-podzemelij-azovstali.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole, Mir and like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Sat May 14, 2022 12:17 pm

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, klahtinen, Sprut-B, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Russians are retreating from Kharkiv? WTF is going on? The more and more I follow what's going on the more I'm realizing that Putin and Co. are incompetent and sloppy. I don't even know what they're doing at the moment in Ukraine. How do they plan on preventing Ukraine and the endless supply of Western weapons from embarrassing the Russians in the upcoming summer counteroffensive? Russians seem undermanned and undersupplied in Eastern/Southern Ukraine, they're just lobbing missiles as of right now and I'm not sure the Russians are taking this war seriously enough to actually win it and get all the way to Odessa/Transnistria. Russians are burning a lot of money and there's not much to show for it so far imo. If I were a Russian in Russia, I'd be pissed. All that money spent on the military and now receiving rough sanctions only to have these results in Ukraine currently. Will they ever make a serious ground offensive to win the war in Eastern/Southern Ukraine? What they're doing right now is just not enough to win, I'm getting nervous about what the actual strategy is at this point and if Russia's goals will be met at the end of this war.

I don’t know what’s happening in Kharkov, but I assume they are drawing the Nazis out of the city (2nd biggest in Ukraine) . Apparently theres is a huge force across the border in Belgorod oblast, poised to strike at any give time. This is all conjecture of course.

Once Severodonetsk falls LNR is pretty much liberated, focus will then shift to DNR.

Russia can’t stop an endless supply of western weapons fully regardless, they will just have to deal it with it by either hitting storage, supply lines or taking it out in the field.

Ukronazistan have not been able to pull off a single large scale counter offensive with their best troops in play, they are now adding more troops by another forced round of mobilization…
    I am sure these conscripts will have better success during this mythical summer offensive 🙄

Before succumbing to Nazi psy ops including a few members here who are only active when Russia suffered a setback , just a reminder…

Allied controlled areas prior to special operation

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 06fe7710
    Situation as of a couple of days ago

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 F4535710

Last edited by Serberus on Sat May 14, 2022 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, Sprut-B, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

I'm just looking at this thing realistically. I'm not trying to be a doomsdayer just for the sake of it, but what I'm seeing is not good and I'm not really seeing any plan b getting prepared to get out of this deteriorating situation for Russia.

Hannibal Barca likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat May 14, 2022 12:21 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Unfortunately, no progress can be made. A desperate call for Chinese involvement in the war is the only hope that I can think of. If not, I don't see a way out but the use of nuclear weapons, if China and India allow it of course, else it would be economic suicide.

If non of the above happen, this is going to be extremely serious soon. Russia is not only suffering from lack of manpower but also from industrial production. Russia's modern weapons are not too bad, but the production numbers resemble a country like... Malta, not the biggest country in the world.

A military coup, hitting Ukrainian leadership directly, ideally when visited by Western dignitaries, taking out Putin and then rely to what Russia does well, defence, might make the trick as well, but hard to achieve this transition smoothly at times of war.

That is what you call the spirit of an undefeatable warrior clown clown clown

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat May 14, 2022 12:23 pm

The director of Azovstal told what the underground structures under the plant are

The Mariupol metallurgical plant Azovstal, where to this day the militants of the Ukrainian nationalist regiment Azov (a terrorist organization banned in the Russian Federation *) and mercenaries are trying to keep the defense, in recent months has become almost the most frequent topic in domestic and foreign media. At the same time, the majority of ordinary people are interested in the question, what are the notorious tunnels and bomb shelters in which the Azov people * settled down?

Director of the plant Enver Tskitishvili spoke about the Azovstal enterprise and its underground communications.

According to him, the plant in Mariupol itself is a city within a city. It was the largest metallurgical plant in the USSR and, of course, the largest in Ukraine.

As of February 23, 10,837 people worked at the enterprise. 4.5 thousand steel grades were produced here, of which about 800 are unique. Again, if you believe the director ...

At the same time, Tskitishvili noted that there is another "city" under the plant - underground. He explained that according to the architectural requirements of the USSR, bomb shelters should be built in each such enterprise, as separate structures. There are 36 of these at Azovstal, of which 34 are fully operational.

In addition, under the plant there is a network of concrete tunnels 7, 5 and 3 meters high and 2.5 meters wide. At the same time, they are located one above the other and, as the director of the enterprise put it, in the aggregate they resemble a multi-storey building that goes deeper.

According to the civil defense plan, up to 12,006 people can be in the aforementioned 34 bomb shelters at the same time (such accuracy from Tskitishvili, who gives interviews to Russophobic media).

Under the sheet-rolling shop alone, according to Tskitishvili, there are more than 5 km of underground utilities.

But this is not the main thing. After artillery strikes on Mariupol in 2014, the plant management began to actively prepare underground communications in case of a new war. As Tskitishvili put it, so that the workers of the plant and civilians of the city could hide there.

In the canteens, an emergency supply of food and water was constantly kept, designed for the above-mentioned number of people. Then, when the SVO began in Ukraine, all this provisions were quickly moved to underground tunnels.

Naturally, knowing all the details set out by the director of the enterprise, the Azov militants * decided to use the plant as a fortress. But the trouble is that civilians were also looking for salvation in bomb shelters, who later found themselves in a trap and were used by militants as a "human shield".

Now the militants say that they have really serious problems with food and medicines and continue to record video messages to foreigners with calls to arrange an “extraction” procedure for them. This term itself, constantly used by neo-Nazis, suggests that the texts are designated by foreigners, who, apparently, can be in a fair amount in many kilometers of basements.

But if the director says that there are a lot of products, tunnels - many kilometers, and in general there is a whole underground city with equipment and infrastructure, then why are the militants so eager to get out of there ...

https://topwar-ru.translate.goog/196242-soobschaetsja-o-proryve-oborony-protivnika-v-rajone-sela-dolgenkoe-na-izjumsko-slavjanskom-napravlenii.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B, LMFS, Mir and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat May 14, 2022 12:26 pm

Wow... we are still getting Chicken-Little characters squawking the Ukropi propaganda nonsense.. All is lost.... All is lost.... Shocked

Take a chill pill y'all. Russian general staff know what they are doing, far better than you ever will.

Relax while they do their work and destroy the Ukronazi army in Donbass. Once Donbass is clear then places like Kharkov and Dnipropetrovsk will starting down the barrel of a fcking big gun Razz

BTW I'm starting to think that this Ukro anti-terror operation is being used a field laboratory by the Russians to (re)test their orthodoxy on how wars are managed and fought. Its been a very long time since Russia (or anyone) has ever had to fight a large-scale combined-arms & maneuver-warfare campaign against a comparable adversary, and while Russia is well versed in the classics, the big unknown even to the professional war fighting management class is how that theory meshes with modern technology. Its also true that the current generation of command personnel haven't fought a war like this before (no-one anywhere has) so taht is another aspect to consider, ie the conversion of theory to practice.

So yeah, I think that Russia has taken the deliberate decision to test their capabilities in Ukr as a giant field laboratory using a portion of their strength (~20% of regular army plus some Rosvgardia detachments and special auxiliaries like Chechens) and put themselves to the test. They are keeping plenty in reserve as they want and need to know how their forces can perform when pressed. Russia may one day need to face a combined NATO and its vital to know how they can fight a combined arms war against a larger (but much less well equipped and motivated) enemy.

There will be losses. There will be mistakes. So fcking what? This is war and the Russian army has a job to do. Kill the fcking enemy, put them in their graves and minimise their own losses. Show the corrupt US, EU and NATO elites that Russia isn't to be fcked with, and that their stupid spite and eternal vindictiveness will gain them nothing but a ripped open gut-sack and a shallow battlefield grave. Twisted Evil

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan, mnrck and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat May 14, 2022 12:30 pm

Serberus wrote:

I don’t know what’s happening in Kharkov, but I assume they are drawing the Nazis out of the city (2nd biggest in Ukraine) . Apparently theres is a huge force across the border in Belgorod oblast, poised to strike at any give time. This is all conjecture of course.

Once Severodonetsk falls LNR is pretty much liberated, focus will then shift to DNR.

Russia can’t stop an endless supply of western weapons fully regardless, they will just have to deal it with it by either hitting storage, supply lines or taking it out in the field.

Ukronazistan have not been able to pull off a single large scale counter offensive with their best troops in play, they are now adding more troops by another forced round of mobilization…
    I am sure these conscripts will have better success during this mythical summer offensive 🙄

You think it's a strategic withdrawal and only temporary before the onslaught begins? Isn't this the same thing many people on here were saying about Kiev/Northern Ukraine a few months ago? Nothing was accomplished near Kiev, they just gave everything back to the Ukrainians for some reason and that was that. They handed them a huge win and now we have Western politicians streaming back into Kiev and reopening embassies, making Russia look very weak. Seems like the same thing is gonna happen in Kharkiv. We keep hearing about this massive force just across the border ready to pounce on Ukraine at any moment, but nothing happens. Is Russia waiting for the winter again lol? More troops and equipment is needed so they can drive the deeply entrenched Ukrainians out of these important locations in the East and South. It's almost like there's disagreement in Putin's inner circle on how to conduct the next stages of this war, Russia seems very hesitant as of right now.

Belisarius dislikes this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat May 14, 2022 12:33 pm

https://t.me/intelslava/28765
    close combat footage: our military clears out a stronghold of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
    A Ukrainian militant is trying to crawl deeper into the trench, but a grenade flies right on his ass.

Graphic just in case

Regular wrote:
    Sorry, still makes no sense. The whole beauty of motorcycle troops is not the stealth, but the range, speed, and low logistics. Where they will charge their bikes? I have electric bike, even higher range than the ones they want and going offroad would drain the bastard and overheat it too. What's next, silent Panamera 4S E-Hybrid for 60y.o. teroborona guys?

Porsche Panamera? but of course! with billions form EU/US "Kiev Pride " needs decent transportation to LGTB parties!

Eugenio Argentina, LMFS, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Sat May 14, 2022 12:42 pm

billybatts91 wrote:

You think it's a strategic withdrawal and only temporary before the onslaught begins? Isn't this the same thing many people on here were saying about Kiev/Northern Ukraine a few months ago? Nothing was accomplished near Kiev, they just gave everything back to the Ukrainians for some reason and that was that. They handed them a huge win and now we have Western politicians streaming back into Kiev and reopening embassies, making Russia look very weak. Seems like the same thing is gonna happen in Kharkiv. We keep hearing about this massive force just across the border ready to pounce on Ukraine at any moment, but nothing happens. Is Russia waiting for the winter again lol? More troops and equipment is needed so they can drive the deeply entrenched Ukrainians out of these important locations in the East and South. It's almost like there's disagreement in Putin's inner circle on how to conduct the next stages of this war, Russia seems very hesitant as of right now.

I am not a fan of the Kiev operation, no point of droning on about it, whats done is done.

I personally do not think the same thing will occur in Kharkov but we can only wait and see, no point of dooming and glooming over it now, also if you look at the terrain, unless they were preparing to storm the city, no point of staying where they were, they withdrew to more defendable lines.
    Also it makes sense to me to draw them out, it would be Mariupol x4 if they storm the place now.

Once Donbas is liberated I expect the area of focus to shift to Kharkov or Nikolaev or both.
    I keep hearing Russia doesn’t have enough troops in Ukraine but considering opsec is still very tight, neither you nor I have the faintest idea of actual numbers involved… but considering the area controlled by Russia it would be more than most think I would guess, since they not only have to garrison the cities under their control but are on the offensive across hundreds of KM’s.
    Losses are expected, some idiotic as the river crossing but shit happens in war,  only time will tell how successful this war will be for Russia, no sense in crying over it until the dust settles.

Big_Gazza, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat May 14, 2022 12:55 pm

Wut

Seriously how many of you hidden Ukros are there on this forum? lol1
    We have someone new coming out every fortnight

Production numbers of Malta? Did they run out of cruise missiles in March too?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat May 14, 2022 1:00 pm

Photos of the guns show that the M777 supplied to Ukraine have had their digital control systems removed prior to delivery. Quite sensibly as it turns out as one has now been captured.

So the 'smarts' are gone and its just like any other howitzer from days gone by.

ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·
    3h
    M777 howitzers given to Ukraine had their digital fire control systems removed.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 FSs2NyYXwAADP0Z?format=png&name=small

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 FSs2TtfXEAEBOJM?format=jpg&name=small

flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198 and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Sat May 14, 2022 1:03 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Wut

Seriously how many of you hidden Ukros are there on this forum? lol1
    We have someone new coming out every fortnight

Production numbers of Malta? Did they run out of cruise missiles in March too?

Russia was supposed to run out of fuel a few weeks ago too , according to some western “experts”
    Fuel of all thing 😂
    These clowns belong in a circus yet in the west, they are regarded as experts. I think its partly due to their supremacist tendencies and partly because they are just retards tbh.

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, Sprut-B and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat May 14, 2022 1:16 pm

It has been posted before but this chart illustrates perfectly how the "WAR" is going for Russia atm >> Laughing

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Rub-us10

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Broski, Arkanghelsk, Belisarius and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat May 14, 2022 1:41 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Fsqtxr10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Fss_lv10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Fss9sq10

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS, Arkanghelsk and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat May 14, 2022 1:42 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Mt-lb-10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Scree284
    Look trough the eyes of a T-72B3
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Scree285
    Abkhazian volunteers

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, d_taddei2, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat May 14, 2022 1:43 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Fsrnmi10
    Stop criticizing the dear leader!
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Fsrpct10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Fssd4h10
    Laughing Laughing Laughing

GarryB, flamming_python, Hannibal Barca, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, klahtinen and like this post

Hinex1988

Post  Hinex1988 Sat May 14, 2022 1:58 pm

⚡Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

▫The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

💥High-precision air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces have hit 5 command posts and 2 ammunition depots near Spornoe and Berestovoe in the Donetsk People''s Republic.

▫The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 100 nationalists and up to 23 armoured and motor vehicles.

✈💥Operational-tactical and army aviation have hit 43 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration.

💥Missile troops and artillery have hit 18 command posts, 543 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration, 1 ammunition depot near Lubomirovka, Kherson Region, as well as 23 AFU artillery units at firing positions near Verkhnekamenskoe, Krasnyi Liman, Drobyshevo, Yarovaya, Korobochkino and Gusarovka throughout the night.

💥Russian air defence means overnight have shot down 13 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Chkalovskoe, Demetievka, Klinsk, Glubokoe, Balakleya, Goptovka in Kharkov Region, Staromikhailovka, Spartak, Elenovka in Donetsk People's Republic, Petrovenki and Severodonetsk in Lugansk People's Republic, including 1 Bayraktar-TB2 over Mankovka in Kharkov Region.

▫In addition, 3 rockets of Smerch multiple-launch rocket system have been intercepted Izyum, Semenovka and Snezhkovka in Kharkov Region.

📊In total, 165 Ukrainian aircraft and 125 helicopters, 858 unmanned aerial vehicles, 304 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,051 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 372 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,507 field artillery and mortars, as well as 2,898 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #Briefing
    @mod_russia_en

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat May 14, 2022 2:15 pm

billybatts91 wrote:How do they plan on preventing Ukraine and the endless supply of Western weapons

You can't prevent endless supply of Western weapons because it's endless

Clue is in the name

What they can, should and will do is to kill apes who will try using those weapons because supply of apes is very much finite

billybatts91 wrote:...from embarrassing the Russians in the upcoming summer counteroffensive?

With artillery and airforce

You WANT Ukrops to launch counteroffensive because counteroffensive meant leaving the cities

They can't do counteroffensive in the cities hence they will need to step outside where they can be freely shredded at leisure

billybatts91 wrote:...what the actual strategy is at this point and if Russia's goals will be met at the end of this war.

Strategy is to kill the enemy, all of them AKA opposite of what USSR or USA did in Afghanistan where they chose to rush this process and declare victory

Killing is winning and it needs to be done thoroughly no matter how long it takes

Also, you want this war to last very long time because we still haven't even reached first war winter​ (of hopefully many)

Scarce food, scarce fuel, scarce electricity, not just in Ukraine but in many places

But guess which country has food, fuel and electricity?

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, MMBR, Sprut-B and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat May 14, 2022 2:22 pm

Hole wrote:...
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 39 Fssd4h10

Dammit, we lost a great man today cry

What are those Russian morons doing?

franco, flamming_python, Regular, VARGR198, Sprut-B, Hole, lancelot and like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat May 14, 2022 2:24 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

I'm just looking at this thing realistically. I'm not trying to be a doomsdayer just for the sake of it, but what I'm seeing is not good and I'm not really seeing any plan b getting prepared to get out of this deteriorating situation for Russia.

You are wasting your time ,trying to explain putin's fanboys , that their military deployed in ukraine are losing the war in terms of tactics.  Ukraine tactics are superior to the russian ones ,  what russia is doing is trying to win a war with artillery alone and with stand off missiles. But they are not properly defending their military operations ,on the ground by sending their tanks convoys without effective air support again and again and again.  

if anyone pay attention , most of russian loses always are because of what?  because ukraine have a tons more drones that russia ,drones that nato provide them for free , and russia don't have that many.

So is always the same thing again and again.. since the very first week of the war.. i noticed how the russian military allows , ukraine drones to fly above their positions  again and again and again and again.. This are not "mistakes". this is plain incompetence . folks..   this disastrous loses of russian military against a third world country ,can't be blamed as "mistakes" .  because if they do the same mistake ,one and over and over and over again.. then is not a mistake is pure incompetence ,that they simply don't know what they doing it..   so let me explain people in this forum what russia is doing wrong..

Russian Big mistakes in this war explained. what they doing wrong that is causing massive losses.

1)Russia almost lack of areal support to the land forces formations..  

Don't allow ukraine to fly drones ever about your military positions , NEVER !!!!
        just don't do it..  this is big deal.. because all this drones are helping ukraine to guide their
       artillery toward russian positions. and this was exactly how russia lost an entire battalion of armor
       and tanks in a river crossing.  Russia needs either to use electronic warfare to block any video transmission between drones and their pilots , and if possible shut down this drones.. also russia can use manpads to shut down those drones.  i have yet to see a russian using manpads in this conflict..   No

look at this video , russian trucks and tanks hidding in trees spotted by ukie drones ,then ukraine artillery.

this is so sad.. that something as simple as a manpads that russia have so many  ,could have prevented ukraine drones to hit their positions of command centers..

people will not believe how many times this happens , almost every day , the orks upload videos of a drone guiding artillery against russian soldiers or striking directly the russian armor formations.  No

for all the amateurs in this forum ,one of the most effectives weapons in the entire conflict is precisely ukranian drones.. either baykatars or others using to guide uki artillery. ukraine drones
    are not useless. they are extremely effective.  Listen , It doesn't matter at all how many drones the russian military claims they shot down.. it could be 10 , 100 or even one million.. if those fucking drones allowed to fly and not shutdown in the first 2-10 minutes they in the air ,many times it will be too late. because if drones are near russian positions , it will take them only a few minutes to spot russian troops and slaughter hundreds of russian tanks , if there is artillery withing range.
    those baykatar drones cost only 1 million, and they can sink a russian destroyer that cost half a billion dollars if hit their munition.  So russian army is allowing this drones all the time to fly for hours
    around russian positions before they shutdown..

where is the "amazing" russian electronic warfare? this is one of the biggest misteries
    for me in the entire war.. why russia electronic warfare allowing remote control drones
    to fly freely sharing aereal view of russian positions?
    where was those s-400s s-300 pantsirs ,tors burks when allowed turkish drones to strike russian cities deep inside russian territory?
    why russia don't have army formations with man pads ,watching the skies to intercept drones from
    ukraine? igla or verba missiles can shot down drones.. why they not used?

here the question is not if russia have drones or not , but if they have enough of them ,to make a difference in the battlefield or not.. and the answer  looks like not.  

2) Russia do not understand the meaning of the word combined forces operations.
    they send convoys of tanks alone , near bushes , without recon forces exploring the terrain first ,
    without testing first with artillery strikes first , potential positions of ukrainian hidding in bushes..

The armenian conflict for me was a wakeup calls of how weak is the russian military fighting in modern wars , versus heavy use of drones..  people were saying "russia is not there " nana nana..
    there is always excuses from apologers , "russia not fighting there",, but now that russia is fighting
    what is the excuse?  "shit happens in all wars."   lol1
    when a military have no clue of what is doing , that shit becomes a mountain of shit , and lose wars.
    so don't exuse poor tactics.. there is no way anyone can justify how can ukraine send 2 mi-8 helicopters to russian cities , bomb two  fuel depots and return peacefully to ukraine again..
    this is impossible to happen , if russia had a military that studied the potential dangers of invading
    ukraine.  

what happened with all those world records of s-400s shuting down planes in ukraine?  150km ?  Laughing
    none of that will save russian army if russia don't get their shit together and behave like a proffessional army  military , that is two  step ahead of their enemies.

3) The few times russia provide close air support to the russian military , is highly inefficient

Russia airforce tactics ,are using highly inefficient tactics , when they send close air support to their troops.. attack helicopters are extremely vulnerable to anti tank weapons ,rocket grenades or manpads.. and russia to "calm people " complaining the lack of close air support ,noticed they are now sending ka-52 hellicopters in front of tanks formations , Rolling Eyes  full knowing well how vulnerable
    are attack helicopters to a million plus one weapons.. even a 30mm gun can shut down an attack hellicopter.  Russian attack hellicopters , needs to go behind , not in front of the military ,they need to be protected.   the only way they can be in front if is the airforce already flattened to ground all potential hiding places in forest around the roads russian army will need to travel..  russia needs to use anti personal proximity mines , fill all those bushes and trees with them.. so no ukro hide them.

4) russia don't have air superiority , neither air domination..  

contrary to what the general staff claimed ,  the russian airforce is very scared to fly near ukraine controlled cities , what the russian airforce is doing , is most times , firing missiles from stand off positions.. this shows russia don't control ukraine airspace at all , not even close..  
    Russia needs to achieve air superiority ,and find all those air defenses positions , and artillery positions first .. before their send an army into a city. what i see is that russia sends first the army
    ,throw soldiers into a killing field , and then later when then dying is when they send airforce back.
    Russia needs to find a way to achieve air superiority over ukraine.. if they fail in this , they will lose the war , is as simple as that.

5) something as simple as camouflage to their tanks ,artillery most times not being used.
    they try to hide under trees at times , but with zero camouflage to make it more difficult for nato drones  and nato satellites to spot their positions  No , simple incompetent generals causing this problems. Russia general staff , have been training incorrectly their military ,for fantasy battles , of artillery duels , that will not happen in a real war versus a nato major power.. if any major nato power was sending their airforce there , over ukraine ,to bomb russian positions , it will be game over for russia. they don't have air superiority in ukraine , period,, and they soldiers are smashed , like never they have been since world war 2 ,for their mediocre tactics , for their not using combined forces of airforce + strike drones + recon groups + armor..

The problem russia army face in ukraine ,cannot magically fixed by sending 200,000 more soldiers , that means more target for ukraine artillery , that works in combination with drones most time ,to wipe out russian soldiers.  what we see in ukraine is ukriane getting stronger by the time , with the more time this conflict is delayed , and russia army becoming weaker..

don't look this advances of russian army as "victories".. because until russia don't solve the problem
    of ukraine drones , they army will continue to be smashed by ukraine artillery , so this ukraine drones and artillery needs to be taken down that is at range of any city , first ,before sending a big army  into that city , so they get killed.

look at this.. again and again an again..  russian army never look to the skies.. no manpads , no protection for their soldiers..

the things have become so bad.. that now western media ,is using civilian drones , not only to report
    about the battle field,, but to actually help ukraine army to spot russian soldiers hidding in bushes.. lol1

so even cnn civilians drones have helped ukraine to kill russian hidding soldiers.  No

this is like becoming a circus.. spot the hidding russian to win a free pizza.. lol1

Russia really screw up in this war.. i have no doubts of this ... in all wars people die , but the problem is not deaths , the problem is how how bad russian tactics are.. they allowing ukraine to make them look like a paper tiger army ,when even civilian drones allowed to flight and film their operations. Shocked even the nazis in azovstal plant completely surrounded are allowed to fly quadcopter
    drones spying on russian positions around the plant.. this is pure comedy how weak russia army is securing their airspace.... Laughing

What this explains , is that russia electronic most hyped warfare is either not operating ,or not workign at all ,neither air defenses covering ukraine airspace , they simply seeking to win a war with artillery alone and long range missile strikes.. and sending waves of tanks and soldiers to the problem. the soviet union way. but we are in 21 century and russia needs to modernize their tactics.. they need to ask help china with drones.. even civilian drones will be better than nothing. but so far russia have very poor awareness of the battle field , and is using russian soldiers with not proper air cover ,neither intelligence..    russia needs strike drones , also need drones that hunt other drones , and need super cheap drones too , that can be manufactured in the many thousands ,and use them as distraction , in big numbers , to draw attack of manpads and air defenses too.. so russia can know where ukraine airdefenses are hiding.

if anyone look my predictions about russian army in armenia ,after seeing russian army performance
    there ,that were humiliated by azerbajain armed by israel  nd turkish drones, i told that if russian army did modernized their tactics and developed enough drones ,that  they will be totally destroyed
    in ukraine and today , is to early to day , but with all this embarrasing "tactical retreats" of russia becoming more normal , it makes me believe that russia will be forced to "Tactically retreat" from all ukraine including donbass in a total crushing defeat. if they continue fighting so mediocre ways the ukraine military.

here more evidence of weak is the russia military vs cheap drones customized with bombs. No
    russia what is doing in ukraine is encouraging nato to send more weapons ,more soldiers , because
    they see major weakness of russian military , almost no defense from ukraine drones ,because they allowed to bomb first ,before they taken down ,and encourage them even more..

if you send your army into a preventive war ,you better be very sure you can protect correctly your soldiers and your cities.. otherwise you never send soldiers into a war you don't know if you will deliver and what will be the definition of victory in case ukraine don't surrender and if they have the power to do it. other wise you don't go to any war , you are not sure your military can handle it.
    Russia will need at least 5 years more ,in preparation of its military to adjust and modernize their military and tactics.. because the only way i see russia winning there , is if NATO become scared of russian nuclear threats to them and stop sending weapons and mercenaries and don't use their airforces.. because if nato was aiding ukraine with their combat planes ,this conflict will have been over already , and with total defeat of russia military. in a conventional war that is. those shitty air defenses of russia can protect their military in an efficient way in ukraine, if nato was sending hundreds of nato planes there ,it will have been a massacre of russian soldiers. No

To do list for russia..

1)Russia needs a major modernization of their airforce and a far much bigger airforce ,get a ton of more combat planes. specially stealth planes in big numbers. 500 stealth planes at least.
    2)russia needs dozens of thousands of strikes drones vs a nato war,
    3) russia needs to mass produce a lot more of cruise missiles , they need in case of a war with nato.
    like 50,000 is a good number. To produce similar infraestructure destruction with conventional warfare , than the one with a nuclear armed submarine.
    4)artificial intelligence drones.. and micro drones.. in the many thousands..
    5)destroyers warships in the black sea ,they vulnerable to saturation attacks, i rather use thousands small attack boats like iran ,with anti air artillery against drones ,torpedo boats and manpads..

my prediction about ukraine conflict?

in the end i think ,russia can still "win" a Phyrric victory more or less.. because even if all russian army wiped ,inside ukraine and they suffer total humiliation there , ukraine will never have a strong
    security either , they are good in offense ,but terrible in defense.. outside of their trenches ,and so russia military even if defeated in ukraine and forced an humiliating retreat across all zones includinng donbass,  russia still have the losers consolation price , a last card to play ,and this is to keep targeting with cruise missile ukraine fuel depots , electrical power grid , business , basically
    transforming ukraine into Russia's palestine , which is last option for russia, and do stand off attack on russian territory for 10 years, until they surrender. This is the only thing russia can do well .. is long range attacks.. because their military tactics , are extremely outdated , they got humiliated in the armenian vs azerbaijan conflict ,and they blamed it on armenia "incompetence"  but now they can't shrug their failures in ukraine.  and sending more soldiers will not fix their massive losses to ukraine combined air and ground attacks.  Russia land forces a is the weakest link in the chain and will need a huge major reshaping and total change of tactics..  Because in modern wars.. will be won
    by full spectrum domination of the air space.. not by holding or capturing cities as russia is trying to do ,or highly inefficient artillery duels , that takes an eternity of bombing for months soldiers, but instead fighting from above of your enemy heads with a clearer view of the battlefield.  that is moving artillery to the airspace ,which is what drones are already doing , and missiles to the space domain .   and all this drones ,and space missiles armed with artificial intelligence , so they can't be jammed and they self aware of enemy positions..  

the future wars ,conventional wars, will be dominated by ai flying strike drones that will be doing swarm attacks on enemies positions.. but also hypersonic weapons and planes too ,but mostly for nuclear conflicts..

also there is a possibility ,that some traitors generals could be on purpose sending russian soldiers
    without proper air support and without drones support. every russian military convoys needs a dozens of strike drones covering 10km-20km or more around the formations of russian military and russia is not using a lot false air decoys ,that simulate drones ,to force ukraine fire a missile and spot their position by other drones  near. and hunt them.  they doing that with real planes ,send them to dangerous zones and later get those expensive planes and pilots killed.

just get one su-25 , fly very fast and low above a city over khakirv ,use them as spy planes ,to take pictures of ukraine battlefield ,and then equip this planes instead of bombs ,with attack drones or many quadcopter cheap drones that eject from the plane that guide artillery.. and whenever a pilot spot an s-300 or buk or pantsir or large concentration of ork tanks ,the eject a drone , to keep illuminated enemy position ,then russian military fire a missile or strike with artillery at the place..
    this is how intelligent tactics can be done.. because trying to "win wars" at a snail pace ,with unguided  artillery strikes alone with nato arming ukraine and providing them with  endless mercenaries , is not ruidiculous.

this is why all this russian tactics are super obsolete , all this air defenses of russia ,s-400s ,pantisr ,tor ,bucks ,that can cover most of the airspace of ukraine are showing not being good enough ,to help their military win a war. all this air defenses are extremely vulnerable to swarm of cheap drones.. in smart attacks with artificial intelligence , that can't be jammed.  Russian army is struggling to capture a city , right next on its borders.. this is incompetence and poor tactics at the highest level .. how bad are their tactics there. i can see scenarios already of ukraine recapturing most of their territory back including donbass, and crimea totally destroyed by artillery . Shocked
    with a lot of help of nato of course with a tons of more artillery and drones , but in the end russian military still have other cards to play , to keep the conflict going forever , and bleed ukraine to death , even if their military defeated in ukraine ,and forced to leave, until they starve to death, if they keep destroying with cruise missiles those important business and energy power plants , fuel depots,
    weapons depots.. and military bases.   So Russia still could have a big chance to  force ukraine to surrender ,but at a very big price of destruction of crimea ,donbass and closer cities in russia.  belarus could be bombed too. but that could trigger russia to use nuclear weapons.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat May 14, 2022 3:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

Odin of Ossetia and billybatts91 like this post

Ispan and Belisarius dislike this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sat May 14, 2022 2:28 pm

Does anyone know what happened to recruiting manpower in Ehtiopia (or whatever)?
    It was not totally a fascist made-up story because I recall Russian media also showed the lines of volunteers in front of embassy in some African country.

Maybe they are in training facilities now, being prepared to join the fight for liberation.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat May 14, 2022 2:34 pm

Just saw this on Yahoo just wanted to ask this forum is this true?

Well key phrases... Putins war plans... Fleeing Russian troops...

Gotta ask yourself why Putin would send political plans for the future to front line troops to carry around with them.

Second question... if they were entrusted with these secret plans why leave them behind when manouvering.

Third question... fleeing Russian troops sounds like Orc propaganda... Russian troops are certainly manouvering and of course there have been troops that have been captured and tortured, but were Russian forces pushed back by amazing Ukrainian units, or were supply units ambushed.

Fourth question... which Russian troops would be carrying Putins future plans for the Ukraine... the front line VDV, the behind the front lines Spetsnaz, or the cooks and drivers of supply lines.

Pretty sure most of those questions can be answered with "bullshit".

Going ad hominem in response to other peoples messages shows that you don't have anything of substance to say. Better not say anything, in that case.
    You showed a tendency for such reactions. I suggest seeking a medical help Garry. Medicine has come a long way and your condition is treatable. Don't let it get out of hands.

What... drugs will solve my problems... some people have no shame in pushing a US agenda... but considering your location no surprise at all.

They can prove us sceptic all wrong easily by releasing a video showing all the wrecks and the area around it.

All the intentional lies and deception from the west they can't do anything to prove anything to me these days... would not believe them if they said the sky was blue and had photos... if they have not read the boy who cried wolf then they should, and if they have then they should understand there is no one to blame but themselves.

What you think or what I think doesn't matter at all. Yuri Podolyaka is the most watched and most wanted Russian blogger when it comes to the situation in Ukraine, and he himself says that all those Russian vehicles were destroyed - 73 vehicles in total. He also says in that video link that the Russian army also has catastrophic problems with night sights, lack of combat drones, etc. All these are not my words but the words of Yuri Podolyaka

Well if Yuri Podolyaka said it... but as pointed out a large portion of the BMPs are BMP-1s with the original 73mm gun turrets... which makes them Ukrainian... so if he says all are Russian then he is wrong... those are my words.

Let's be clear, I didn't express my opinion, I just wrote what Yuri said in that video link.

Yes, you did, and thank you for contributing, but what he said has already been discussed and debunked.

The original claim was that the Russians attacked without air power... why would they not use air power?

That is a red flag to start with and when they said that Ukrainian airpower did the damage... well you know they are making shit up.

He is a journalist, and i won't take his words as 100% correct. Problems with night vision was already mentioned, but i believe this is more due to bureaucracy than anything else. I've experienced it first hand in Serbian army.

Anyone who has played Half Life or Crysis or Call of Duty know all US operations happen at night with night vision gear that turns night into day and makes fighting at night even easier than fighting during the day.... NOT.

Except for Special forces the US does not operate at night... soldiers do need to sleep you know...

The people yes they support the war, but they don't fight in it! Average Russian is waving Z flag around and wearing the ribbon of St. George

Do they sign the contract? No, so it's better to stick to military and political decision making rather than listening to the masses

I support the war, because I know Putin was given no alternative that the Russian people would accept.

I have not signed a contract and I have no skin in this war... I have not called for any military or political leader in Russia to be replaced.

I am sure the Americans who were drafted and sent to fight in Vietnam who went home from that conflict to be spat on and called baby killers probably think coming home to flag wavers would have been nice.

These people want to mobilize the army but they don't sign the contract as volunteers

They recognise who is right and who is wrong in this war and they want it to be over... but that is up to the Ukrainian people now.

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:
    FP
    What is the Russian strategy long-term in this war?

I am liking the responses you are getting for this question but obviously I don't see it as bullying.

Perhaps a better way to phrase your question would be:

FP, what is your opinion of the Russian strategy long-term in this war? ...

A copy except the US has used it in large numbers for years now.

Spending three quarters of a trillion a year in defence has its perks... being constantly at war also means lots of weapon testing too.

We don't know what the status of the Russian equivalent is really so it is hard to honestly compare.

They do have an enormous number of laser homing artillery rounds for every calibre they use from 240mm mortar rounds to 203mm guns and 160mm mortars and 152mm guns, and 122mm guns and 120mm mortars, as well as 125mm tank calibres.

Lets say the western way of using AT weapons. Javelin is a one-trick pony. NLAW can be used against other stuff but... Man, it´s from Little Britain!

Javelin was used against all sorts of targets in Afghanistan... normally in direct line of sight mode, but against MG positions or sniper positions or individual vehicles or bunkers... it would be ridiculous if you had to pay for them but these are free...

NLAW is just a disposable RPG and therefore also useful for posting into rooms and buildings before you go in.

The RPG-7 is still useful, has a lot of different ammunition.

The anti personel RPG-7 rocket is a 40mm calibre round that is rather slim and light and could be carried in large bundles... very handy.

Yeah, enough, you know how it is. Infuriating, decade after decade.

When the enemy of your enemy is your friend then this sort of shit happens... just the fact that you are getting into bed with enemies of humanity is quietly ignored.

Even Saddam was a hero for defying OPEC and supplying cheap fuel to the US and then he attacked Iran and really got into their good books again...

BMP-3 100mm gun effectiveness. Is there any info/analysis yet about effectiveness of 100mm gun mounted on BMP-3 in anti-ukro fighting?

The 100mm is the opposite of the 30mm cannon... low velocity, heavy HE power, low rate of fire. They compliment each other... anything the 30mm lacks power to deal with the 100mm is good for and anything the 100mm is to slow firing for the 30mm usually gets the job done.

Kh-131 ? or RuAF keeps still using Kh-25PMU?

Sounds like it worked... which ever missile they used.

Early kh-31 if I'm not wrong had removable warheads to switch for different radars. Chinese made a universal one for their copy version. Russian latest versions should also be improve on that point. So kh-31 isn't the best option here.

The early Kh-31s had different seekers for different bands... some for lower frequency search radars and some for high frequency tracking radar and artillery radar and weather radar. Current Kh-31s and Kh-25s use multiband seekers... and these are the sorts of targets they are designed for.

The US had a missile called Sidearm that was a Sidewinder missile with a ARM seeker for use against Shilkas... but I am not sure they still use it.

About 40km range when launched from the ground, and a 6kg warhead, bit more powerful than a Hellfire.

The thing that got me was you can launch them from a truck or whatever, so they can be hidden easily.

Later models claim 40km range but older missiles closer to 10-12km range from a ground launch.

Check here, these electric motorcycles are dangerous:

Would improve their mobilty but at the same time would restrict them to cycle tracks which would make them easier to spot and most importantly... who goes for a bike ride in the middle of a war with a large group of mates carrying what appear to be sniper rifles and anti armour or anti aircraft missiles... riding down a track would line them up nicely for an ambush... imagine a line of cyclists riding down a lane... offset to one side or the other with a couple of PKP machine guns each with a 250 round belt loaded....

Massacre.

However, food prices and gas prices and rent prices and heating/electric and damn near everything else are surging and cost of living prices are putting paid to the working poor here.

Everything going up except wages...

In addition to the semi-autonomous ability to decide its own targets, the Brimstone has the capacity to determine where on a target to best impact causing the most damage. The missile's advanced sensor package includes its extremely high frequency millimetric wave radar, which allows the weapon to image the target and hence choose a target location.

The obvious problem of course is... can it tell a Ukraininan tank from a Russian tank or a Donbass tank... probably not.... just based on its high resolution MMW radar view of the world...

You can hear a conventional motorbike a kilometer away or more, especially off road ones with small mufflers.

The drones and Russian special forces looking for these ambush teams will be using magnified optics and likely wont hear engines anyway... but they will notice a group of men with rifles and missiles slung over their shoulders zipping along lanes and streets and paths on bikes... no need to worry if these might be civilians in SUVs because you will see their rifles and rocket launchers... those bikes will give high speed capacity but no protection... as a hunter I can tell you the thing that draws your attention is movement.... zipping along on bikes will draw attention and they will have no protection at all from any fragments or small arms fire.

first two Rambos were complete story arcs and there was no need for any of the subsequent ones.

The first Rambo was cleansing the same of how Vietnam vets were treated and the second was revenge and bringing your own back. Three was just BS revenge popcorn crap which I liked because the Soviet weapons were cool even if the Puma looked terrible and the amount of explosive you could fit into an arrow head wouldn't even scratch the front canopy of Soviet attack helicopters.

That's nonsense. An AK is better at every conceivable role save for sniping. An AK firing semi auto with iron sights is far more effective at defending buildings at realistic ranges than a mosin with irons is.

The main reason these guys have mosin rifles is because their grandfathers used them the last time Russia was cleaning up nazis in Europe...

It uses standard ammo and kills people.

If you treat it like a sniper rifle and prepare every window of a building as a shooting position and move after each shot a bolt action rifle is as good as any semi auto simply because when you fire your second shot from the same place they will be aiming at you already so your second shot should come from a different location but look for targets before you fire...

Commercial about the US Navy being a "Global Force for Good"

Luckily Russia tends to take its air defense means along with its formations. Such missiles against NATO armies would put them into very serious trouble, with their reliance on air power for air defense.

The active MMW radar scanning for targets would make them rather stand out too...

Unfortunately, no progress can be made.

Ukraine is losing soldiers at a horrific rate... that is all the progress Russia needs.

China would never get involved any more than Russia would send troops to help China take Taiwan...

A few members not understanding what is happening is fine because they have no way to influence what is being done so their fears are of no importance.

This is an artillery war... adding more Russian troops does not change things for the better... there is no indication the Russians are running out of anything except patience with the west.

Isn't this the same thing many people on here were saying about Kiev/Northern Ukraine a few months ago?

No.

The forces approaching Kiev were to tie down Ukrainian forces across the entire area of the Ukraine and stop them all from rushing to the front line inside the Donbass to support the troops already there because that would mean facing perhaps 500K with the 120K they brought to the party.

By sending troops towards Kiev most of the Orc forces not already in the Donbass remained where they were in case they were needed in Kiev or Odessa in the south... and for the next month the Russians hammered fuel and ammo depots and armour storage and repair sites to the point where the Orcs had lost all theatre mobility and couldn't rush to the Donbass even if they wanted to so they withdrew from Kiev because their troops were no longer needed there as a holding force... they never had the numbers needed to assault Kiev but they could have been the basis of a much larger force sent in for that job if they wanted to go that way.

When you don't have a numbers advantage then you don't go advancing everywhere all at once... small retreats lead to the enemy leaving their prepared positions and their civilian meat shields and move out into the open where they are much easier to pick off with air power and artillery.

It is an excellent tactic that maximises enemy losses for minimal risk to your own men.

Nothing was accomplished near Kiev, they just gave everything back to the Ukrainians for some reason and that was that. They handed them a huge win and now we have Western politicians streaming back into Kiev and reopening embassies, making Russia look very weak

The Ukraine is only winning in the propaganda area, which is meaningless to Russia... everyone in the west can think Russia is getting destroyed... but if they are then why is Ukraine desperately asking for weapons and money and escape routes for its trapped nazis.... it is the Russians suggesting humanitarian corridors for civilians to leave areas and it is Nazis shooting them to stop them leaving... surely if Kievs propaganda is true their half million strong army should be pushing Russian forces to the sea and to the Russian and Belarus borders... except they aren't... so western propaganda might make the people of the west feel good but it is Ukrainians that are paying the real price in blood... a price the west is happy for them to continue paying...

They will run out of men at some stage, or these new conscripts might show some smarts and turn on their leaders who have killed waves of the predecessors before them without batting an eyelid and are preparing to do the same with them...

It's almost like there's disagreement in Putin's inner circle on how to conduct the next stages of this war, Russia seems very hesitant as of right now.

Yeah... Putin obviously draws up the plans for every operation, and his inner circle of billionaires send ammendments from the Yachts in the Med...

If you ignore the lies about heavy Russian losses and notice how many conscription call ups the Ukrainians have had you might realise what is actually happening...

The troops were sent to Kiev to tie down most of the Orc forces... once they were defacto tied down from land of armoured vehicles left operational and also no fuel and no ammo the reason for keeping the forces there was gone so they moved them back.

Kiev is calling that a victory... so what... who cares?  

The British called Dunkirk a victory too didn't they?

Dammit, we lost a great man today cry

What are those Russian morons doing?

Just a sweet transexual from...

The only musical I can stomach... because it was so wierd...

You are wasting your time ,trying to explain putin's fanboys ,

Posting information from the Telegraph, the Sun... CNN... the Russians are losing, the sky is falling, and it is all Putins fault... hey Vann is back.

It was not totally a fascist made-up story because I recall Russian media also showed the lines of volunteers in front of embassy in some African country.

Maybe they are in training facilities now, being prepared to join the fight for liberation.

There are wars closer to home that they would make more sense getting involved in... so I doubt it was anything more than propaganda...

flamming_python, klahtinen, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:18 am