Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
Maximmmm
nero
kvs
ucmvulcan
crod
GarryB
Tingsay
zorobabel
Scorpius
LMFS
JohninMK
Kiko
ALAMO
VARGR198
Firebird
Azi
Rasisuki Nebia
Rodion_Romanovic
Krepost
Werewolf
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
SolidarityWithRussia
PhSt
adder
Kriva
lyle6
zepia
SeigSoloyvov
PapaDragon
The Ottoman
Backman
miketheterrible
nomadski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Ghoster
wilhelm
Arsenic
Big_Gazza
bitcointrader70
George1
caveat emptor
Singular_Transform
dino00
Mir
Urluber
Finty
Pacense
Arkanghelsk
Hole
hoom
Cheetah
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
Ispan
billybatts91
Yugo90
flamming_python
Isos
par far
owais.usmani
Lurk83
auslander
teh_beard
d_taddei2
mr_hd
EkErilaz
ali.a.r
Karl Haushofer
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
jhelb
limb
mnztr
Airbornewolf
Vann7
Regular
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
rigoletto
89 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:14 am

Clearly not enough, neither at a good pace. But something.

d_taddei2 and Arkanghelsk like this post

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:17 am

Airbornewolf wrote:[

I respect people that just admit they are scared when things like this happen.

It is the fake ones i can not stand.

Like portrayed here, we did too in NATO/afghanistan.
    You need to go street to street, clearing house to house.

yes, it is high-risk. but in the end, you send in an guy with an gun to do the job.

Yes, but never ever NATO did an assault into fortified city with no heavy support and filled with tanks/BMPs/BTRs
    I hope infantry will hug enemy so they won't get shredded by artillery, Ukrainians love to use it even on their own cities.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:22 am

limb wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14gVDF2b1vA

Tanks without thermals shouldnt be used in the first echelon. In combat where there are lots of ATGMs, not having thermals is a death sentence.

Even with thermals tanks are quite blind for ambushes. Also, thermal won't help from Javelin, RPG, NLAW, Panzerfaust (if they already arrived) No time to react, usually shot from super close distance, from the ditch (impossible to see operator till the last), and so on. Only good thing is that so far battles were mostly artillery ones, with few direct confrontations so I doubt AT weaponry was used much.

I also think russians should use thermobaric Kornets and metis instead of tanks for fire support since they can fire from longer range and are more accurate and ukrainians lack effective armored vehicles.

They should use both.

On a seperate note, is this video authentic?

Most likely, but there are no more videos like that, so it's a very localized event. Probably lost units. Don't buy propaganda that Russians don't have fuel, plenty of movement today.

GarryB likes this post

jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:27 am

Putin was a Waif Adopted by Chabad

https://www.henrymakow.com/2020/04/2008-lecture-connects-rothschilds-chabad.html
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:27 am

What's happening with you watching hostile media and getting affected. Important now is the puppet regime to go hiding. Central nazi command to paralyse and lose control. Its the beginning of the 3rd day, way too early still.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:29 am

Vann7 wrote:i really hope so , because it will be incredibly foolish for Russia ,not to have thousands of spies and civilians in kiev alone , but also in all other cities , to help prepare the way for the russian army full invasion ,after realizing peace was not going to be possible until the puppet regime in kiev removed completely.
    Putin is a spy himself of the west.

https://www.henrymakow.com/2020/04/2008-lecture-connects-rothschilds-chabad.html

Big_Gazza, lancelot and bitch_killer dislike this post

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:31 am

ATLASCUB wrote:Clearly not enough, neither at a good pace. But something.
    Ammo and fuel should be running dry now. Three + days in and UAF I am guessing will be dealing with serious logistical disruption, ideally more surrendering from the conscripts on the way. Ru Command seems sold on this softly softly approach, I'm hoping it'll pay off.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:32 am

Hannibal Barca wrote:What's happening with you watching hostile media and getting affected. Important now is the puppet regime to go hiding. Central nazi command to paralyse and lose control. Its the beginning of the 3rd day, way too early still.

If you are referring to videos posted this morning, they are mostly from the push into Kharkov, wouldn't call it hostile media. Very interesting development and I am guilty of being affected as I do have fear for urban combat, so excuse me... clown
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:33 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    Ammo and fuel should be running dry now. Three + days in and UAF I am guessing will be dealing with serious logistical disruption, ideally more surrendering from the conscripts on the way. Ru Command seems sold on this softly softly approach, I'm hoping it'll pay off.

Ammo - could be, but fuel? It's been 3 days, Ukrainians barely moved. But yes, ammo storages were wiped out all over the country.
    ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:35 am

ATLASCUB wrote:
    rigoletto wrote:
    crod wrote:I am glad you have asked this tbh. Up to now there's been nothing but big balls Russia this and big dick Russia that. Even more armchair generals but not a single economist.
    I too wonder what the hell Putin is thinking, I can only assume that a few months ago his intelligence chief informed him that Uki NATO membership was imminent and if Russia did not strike soon, its nuclear deterrent might be undermined.
    is there another justification though because as you've so rightly observed, the pain coming to all Russians is bloody real (you know it because you lived under it) as it will be relentless and severe. I can only assume the majority of posters here live in the very comfy West that they so despise and have no real understanding of what is about to happen re sanctions. When I read the comments here about war chests of money, sanction workarounds et al I'm left thinking that possible it's a maturity thing.
    It is going to be relentless and punishing and long lasting.  
    Not to mention Russians being isolated from everything that brings joy to their lives be it football, concerts or hosting major sporting events.
    So yes, a damn fine question - wtf is it all about and what price was so bad that this was the option??? I just do not get it.
    But I'm all ears....

The thing about unilateral sanctions is they are unilateral (in this particular case USA/EU and a few other vassals) are just valid under their jurisdiction. A completely different case are UNSC sanctions like those over NK.

Both parties have little to no industries, most things are produced in China, and so everything necessary can be acquired using third parties, many of those likely to be doggy off-shore companies set by USA/EU companies... for this purpose.

The situation caused by the exclusion of the SWIFT should be normalized in a few months either by more countries connecting to the Russian system[1] or using agreements between banks. E.g.

VTB (Russia) is sanctioned since ages, but there are VTB Germany whose deal with Russian interests inside EU (also Sberbank in Czech Republic). VTB Germany can't deal directly with VTB Russia because of the sanctions, but it can with VTB Singapore or VTB Hong Kong, and so the money can just be routed thru these jurisdictions - at this point completely transparently and likely instantaneous since this happens inside the same bank in practice.

Ever if EU tell VTB to leave (it happened in UK but VTB UK was in there for specific market stuff) there are tons of banks that can do the same as intermediate, specially Raiffesen (largest chunk of their profit come from Russia).

Also, these sanctions will make the major products Russia export more expensive which actually will make more money flowing to Russia. People in West are not joking when they say Russia was sanctioned but they are the ones who will suffer - they will prices will scalate.

The only relatively concerning one is the one related to aircrafts but this is possible to workaround too, as Iran proved; however with the Russian airspace closed to several European carries it will add 2 to 5 hours to flights to Asia (and surely a increase in the ticket price), and as you can imagine very few Europeans are patriotic enough to pay more to fly more time to reach some destination they can pay less and get faster using a non-European airliner (and there are still the air cargo business also affected, which is ever more important and not locked by contracts with airports). These airlines will sustain serious financial losses and likely some will bankrupt... lets see how much time EU will keep this one.

Yet, Russia have not yet announced its actual counter sanctions. If their nuclear one is removing Russia of the SWIFT, the Russian one is closing the oil and gas taps... and there are still raw materials...

Do it for 3...6 months (just for fun) and the German economy will come close to a complete collapse (bringing the whole EU together) - they can't replace the Russian gas.

These "superior" German industries work with a tiny profit margin otherwise they can't compete with the Asians, and so they are VERY sensible to inflation, specially energy one. Just those few weeks the gas got to ~2000 EUR was enough to make the WHOLE German industry almost literally panic. Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 2 1f600

[1] this is a BIG PLUS since SWIFT transactions are not encrypted to start with. Every USD transaction done over SWIFT is routed thru the US datacenter where they monitor everything. VISA/AMEX/Mastercard etc also use SWIFT and so, they know abut every cent you spent using your debit/credit card for instance.

Obviously this is a very optimistic take, since the U.S will be hunting those workarounds doing slaps-in-the-wrist all the way to bankruptcy level fines for those involved. We've already seen how small players have reacted to CATSA for instance. I don't want to bring examples from Syria, NK or Cuba cause Russia will get different treatment than them from the world (not from the empire and cohorts obv).

The central idea however, that there is room to operate and that a path forwards exist is what's important. Not to mention the obvious, that Russia too, can strike back. The Europeans had the choice of watching the Union State, Eurasian Economic Union potentially eclipse the EU (and by inertia force its eventual demise), becoming Russia's bitch in the future or, gang up with the anglo-saxon allegiance and attack now while the cards favored them. They've made the right choice under the circumstances but it's still a costly choice full of unknowns. "Good luck to them"... never will I shed a tear for that bunch.

They have to cut off the gas and pay the fees by selling their organs. Especially the Germans, always attacking Russia from behind. They will pay for it when their elders, progressives, feminazis and homosexuals are replaced by Muslims.

GarryB, kvs and Urluber like this post

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:36 am

Regular wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:What's happening with you watching hostile media and getting affected. Important now is the puppet regime to go hiding. Central nazi command to paralyse and lose control. Its the beginning of the 3rd day, way too early still.

If you are referring to videos posted this morning, they are mostly from the push into Kharkov, wouldn't call it hostile media. Very interesting development and I am guilty of being affected as I do have fear for urban combat, so excuse me... clown
    A single blunder from one BTG in one sector of one front can be replayed a thousand times from 10+ different cameras and released over the course of a week. This is the nature of information warfare.

kvs and miketheterrible like this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:39 am

ArgentinaGuard wrote:It is important that Russia capture Zielinski's clown, because he can be used by the United States for propaganda abroad. A kind of Venezuelan Guaido. There is no way to send a fighter squad, the best of the Spetnaz or Russian elite?

I doubt he will give up. He is going to try to escape.

IMO Zelenskiy is waiting to be captured, and likely trying to strike the best deal for him in the meaning time. Unless he is completely retarded, he should have vastly amount of compromising documents with him (or stored somewhere) - probably somehow certified - to exchange.

If he flee, after some months or a few years he will become just one more Guaido/Tsikhanouskaya clown while, on the contrary, he could disappear in a comfortable exile.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:39 am

jhelb wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:i really hope so , because it will be incredibly foolish for Russia ,not to have thousands of spies and civilians in kiev alone , but also in all other cities , to help prepare the way for the russian army full invasion ,after realizing peace was not going to be possible until the puppet regime in kiev removed completely.
    Putin is a spy himself of the west.

And to ignore list...

kvs, auslander, JohninMK, Isos, LMFS, lancelot, bitch_killer and like this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:41 am

Greek traitors in TV say that western Ukraine hate Russia and they will not surrender. Probably haven't realize that Lviv can be a great chechen haganate.

Last edited by Hannibal Barca on Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

kvs likes this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:41 am

Kremlin: Russian Delegation Arrives in Belarus For Talks With Ukrainians, Ready To Start in Gomel

https://sputniknews.com/20220227/kremlin-russian-delegation-arrives-in-belarus-for-talks-with-ukrainians-ready-to-start-in-gomel-1093413983.html

d_taddei2, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:45 am

rigoletto wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:It is important that Russia capture Zielinski's clown, because he can be used by the United States for propaganda abroad. A kind of Venezuelan Guaido. There is no way to send a fighter squad, the best of the Spetnaz or Russian elite?

IMO Zelenskiy is waiting to be captured, and likely trying to strike the best deal for him in the meaning time. Unless he is completely retarded, he should have vastly amount of compromising documents with him (or stored somewhere) - probably somehow certified - to exchange.

If he flee, after some months or a few years he will become just one more Guaido/Tsikhanouskaya clown while, on the contrary, he could disappear in a comfortable exile.

In Stalin's time there would have been no problems with the comedian's exile, but these guys are a risk. The western media treats this clown like a hero.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:50 am

Poland not allowing Indian students to enter because India sided with Russia

kvs and miketheterrible like this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:51 am

Exploding Inflation: Why Anti-Russia Sanctions are Self-Inflicted Disaster for US & EU

https://sputniknews.com/20220225/exploding-inflation-why-anti-russia-sanctions-are-self-inflicted-disaster-for-us--eu-1093374683.html

According to Krainer, the restrictive measures imposed by Washington and Brussels
    have already backfired. In particular, the economist says that the oil traders are
    apparently having difficulty financing oil cargoes from Russia, which is normally done
    by means of letters of credit.

While Russia's energy supplies account for more than 40% of the EU gas needs and 27%
    of crude oil, the US imports, on average, more than 100,000 barrels per day.
    "If [the US] do[oes] not receive that, it will be felt in the markets", Krainer warns,
    stressing that crude prices have already mounted to over $105 per barrel.
    Sanctions could trigger a devastating domino effect as soaring gas and oil prices are
    likely to accelerate already soaring inflation caused by the COVID pandemic and disrupted
    supply chains, according to the economic expert. "I think that inflation could explode in
    Europe, but also in the United States", says Krainer.

"The dangers for the West of serious counter sanctions would be devastating", warns
    Rodney Atkinson, a British academic and political economist. "Germany without gas and
    export markets, the US and the West in general without critical minerals and gases used in
    chip manufacture, titanium used in aircraft manufacture, and supplies of palladium from
    Russia. The car industry is particularly vulnerable to export restrictions and any further
    problems for chip manufacture".

Last edited by rigoletto on Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:52 am

ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    rigoletto wrote:

In Stalin's time there would have been no problems with the comedian's exile, but these guys are a risk. The western media treats this clown like a hero.

Zhelenski is a war criminal. Should get trialled live on TV and play for months videos with his Bandera forces and the suppression to Orthodox people. Should get caught hiding in a well. Behind his chair in the court should stand a nazi and a nato flag.

kvs, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:54 am

OminousSpudd wrote:

Logistics is clearly affecting both. The defender obviously has advantages if he goes hiding into cities and has a friendly populace willing to aid in this regard. Something Russians do not, for the most part have. But overall, considering the way most of the civilians have behaved, Russia hasn't had an overtly hostile welcome by civilians either, despite the brainwashing.

Clearly, the head of the snake continuing to operate in Kiev, as well as the crazies strategically placed in all Ukrainian groupings are keeping the resistance alive. And when I say the head of the snake, I mean main operational command.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
    rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:54 am

Sujoy wrote:Poland not allowing Indian students to enter because India sided with Russia

Some Brazilians (some guy who play in some Ukraine football team and his famaly) were blocked today too but the poles didn't give them a reason.

[In Portuguese]
    https://ge.globo.com/mg/zona-da-mata-centro-oeste/futebol/noticia/2022/02/26/com-filho-no-colo-esposa-de-brasileiro-chora-por-nao-cruzar-fronteira-com-a-polonia-a-gente-nao-sabe-o-que-fazer.ghtml

Last edited by rigoletto on Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS and Arkanghelsk like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:55 am

Hannibal Barca wrote:

Zhelenski is a war criminal. Should get trialled live on TV and play for months videos with his Bandera forces and the suppression to Orthodox people. Should get caught hiding in a well. Behind his chair in the court should stand a nazi and a nato flag.

I doubt he's in Kiev. But could be wrong.
    ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:00 am

The Poles are surprising how ignorant they are. The Ukrainian Nazis massacred them in World War 2.
    They are sick anti-Russians, they have built their identity based on that feeling. Beasts, grab a history book.

GarryB, kvs, miketheterrible, thegopnik, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:02 am

Poles understand power and money. If Russia could subsidize their economy for 67 b yearly, their elites would have already brainwashed their populace into slav brotherhood angels.

Hannibal Barca, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:05 am

[quote="OminousSpudd"]
    Regular wrote:
    A single blunder from one BTG in one sector of one front can be replayed a thousand times from 10+ different cameras and released over the course of a week. This is the nature of information warfare.  

I don't think that blunders happen on such scale, mostly at company level.

This morning we are discussing Tigr thrust towards city. Ukrainians released this video just now. It's basically live feed.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1497843560581902338

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:21 am