Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+39
RTN
nomadski
Maximmmm
Tsavo Lion
Regular
Eugenio Argentina
Scorpius
auslander
Hannibal Barca
Rasisuki Nebia
jhelb
lyle6
limb
Backman
medo
Russian_Patriot_
SeigSoloyvov
littlerabbit
franco
Airbornewolf
George1
VARGR198
Kiko
miketheterrible
JohninMK
Mir
mnztr
Finty
Hole
GarryB
ALAMO
Isos
calripson
par far
PapaDragon
flamming_python
d_taddei2
Gomig-21
AlfaT8
43 posters

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan

franco
    franco

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 Empty Re: Taliban takeover of Afghanistan

Post  franco Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:44 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Gomig-21 wrote:...
    It's the new Taliban Banana generation.  The trampoline discovery is pretty hilarious!...

Just wait until they discover PlayStation Cool

Also, countries that contributed troops in Afghanistan

What the fuckety fucking fu¢k is Mongolia doing there? lol1

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 E9AhaHlXsAgHjUR?format=jpg

Switzerland had troops in Afghanistan?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 Empty Re: Taliban takeover of Afghanistan

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:46 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9AhaHlXsAgHjUR?format=jpg

Wait, what??
    The F happened here, did the U.S ask for Mongolian advisers or something????

The Golden Horde was quite a bit more successful over there than everyone else so they might have been on to something... Cool

Hannibal Barca and Finty like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:05 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Just wait until they discover PlayStation Cool

lool. I'll tell you what I'm noticing very obviously is that 20+ years later and with a country where something like 70% of the population is under 25 or something like that (don't hold me to those exact numbers but they're in the ballpark) is that there is a new generation within that older generation that might just see more of an appeal to the fun things in life than the strict rules under the Taliban. The same exists within the Taliban themselves as we can see. The old Taliban would've blown up the bumper cars and set the entire amusement park ablaze. Hung the guys making fools of themselves on the trampoline and beheaded many people by now. So at least for now, we're seeing a slightly new generation within the elders and who knows how that's going to transpire moving forward.

PapaDragon wrote:

loll. I bet you the US military asked them to join since they're basically the eastern Asian version of the Taliban and are hardened mountain trackers etc. that the US military was thinking of using as field advisers against the Taliban.

Hannibal Barca, JohninMK and Finty like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:13 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 E9AhaHlXsAgHjUR?format=jpg

Licking the neo-con's balls like everyone else on the map

This was the 'hyperpower' era of American power, remember

I honestly don't know why they actually bothered getting El Salvador in on the action too. And Tonga? I think I like heard of that country once in my life. Maybe. Do they play rugby or something?
    I mean what, was it really all just about the PR of having as big a 'coalition of the willing' as possible? Carnival of nations

miketheterrible and Backman like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:19 am

Blast from the past - Hillary Clinton on Taliban. Like i said, the Taliban is the U.S Army minus the camouflage.

PapaDragon and Gomig-21 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:00 am

Uncofirmed but apparently they and the Bulgarians, Georgians, Romanians and others are passing themselves off as Russians now to the Taliban, so that they won't be hassled

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 E8-j1riUYAI3qW9?format=jpg&name=900x900

Meanwhile the Taliban are busy passing themselves in Kabul as proponents of free speech and gender rights

Humiliation is total here, with this whole adventure

PapaDragon and Finty like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:21 am

flamming_python wrote:

Uncofirmed but apparently they and the Bulgarians, Georgians, Romanians and others are passing themselves off as Russians now to the Taliban, so that they won't be hassled

the twitter account states they are PMC's?. But who contracted them?.
    Its their contractor's responsibility to inform them to GTFO.

I dont know the local situation and circumstances of course. So i am taking an guess here.
    But from my personal experience dealing with PMC's in Afghanistan. No NATO army in Afghanistan deal's with them.

I/we encountered them in Afghanistan as well, But as they operate outside rules of engagement and its most of the time unclear who they belong to. NATO armies treat's them as unknown armed participants and avoid them.
    Mostly PMC's are hired for jobs the regular army does not want to be associated with.

I am curious who hired them.

Lets just say it would not be the first time the U.S leave's allies behind.
    But after the whole blackwater incident, NATO army's stayed away from hiring gaurd/combat PMC's.

So, they where clearly left behind by someone. But who?.

Cowboy's daughter, PapaDragon and Finty like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:43 am

Airbornewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

the twitter account states they are PMC's?. But who contracted them?.
    Its their contractor's responsibility to inform them to GTFO.

I dont know the local situation and circumstances of course. So i am taking an guess here.
    But from my personal experience dealing with PMC's in Afghanistan. No NATO army in Afghanistan deal's with them.

I/we encountered them in Afghanistan as well, But as they operate outside rules of engagement and its most of the time unclear who they belong to. NATO armies treat's them as unknown armed participants and avoid them.
    Mostly PMC's are hired for jobs the regular army does not want to be associated with.

I am curious who hired them.

Lets just say it would not be the first time the U.S leave's allies behind.
    But after the whole blackwater incident, NATO army's stayed away from hiring gaurd/combat PMC's.

So, they where clearly left behind by someone. But who?.

Not sure, some sources say PMCs, some say military

Might be these guys, but mb they left long ago already:
    https://tolonews.com/afghanistan/ukraine-increase-number-troops-afghanistan

There's also info that 274 Georgian servicemen have been left behind. Can't be for real..

Anyway, apparently there was an ukro plane that departed 2 days ago meant to evacuate their people, that also was meant to pick up some of the Georgians.

In the end only 7 Ukrainian citizens boarded that plane, and 73 "commercial passengers", who paid up to 15k dollars for the ride - citizens of Afghanistan, the Netherlands and Croatia at the minimum

They even boasted about it:

Of course what they didn't say in that tweet is that they haven't even evacuated all their citizens on that flight (there are 12 still stranded on that military base), nevermind the Georgians
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:04 am

Hahahahahaha.

Can't say I feel bad for them.

PapaDragon likes this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:10 am

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 First_10

One photo says it all... Laughing Laughing Laughing

flamming_python, JohninMK, Finty and Mir like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:44 am

Matthew Petti
    @matthew_petti
    ·
    14h
    The Taliban spokesman gives an exclusive interview to Israeli state TV.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche
    @ZeppLaRouche
    ·
    12h
    From the Tuesday Taliban Press Conference:
    Q:
    Narcotics ?

Talib:
    We will assure that narcotics will end. Lots of our youth use narcotics. From now on Afghanistan will be narcotics free. International help needed for alternative crops.

Ajit Singh
    @ajitxsingh
    ·
    13h
    Compare the Western moral panic about women's rights in Afghanistan with the acceptance of US backing of the Saudi monarchy, and arming and financing Al-Qaeda in Syria

The contrast highlights how Western outrage is selectively manufactured when it suits foreign policy interests

Cowboy's daughter, PapaDragon, Hole and Finty like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:45 am

Can someone like, mail all this shit to me?
    Man the perks of Kabul right about now

PapaDragon, VARGR198 and Finty like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Meanwhile, unreported

syrseal
    @syrseal44
    ·
    9h
    While the world's attention was riveted on the events at the Kabul airport, the army of the Vice President of Afghanistan began to attack the Taliban north of the capital.

9h
    Afghanistan's Vice President Saleh's forces have retaken the Charikar district of Parwan province north of Kabul from the Taliban, according to a military source in Kabul. - RIA Novosti

Cowboy's daughter, VARGR198 and Finty like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Julian Assange on the war in Afghanistan

JohninMK, Finty and Mir like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:41 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Query about how much US seized of Afghani assets.

Mike I think you put a question like that up thread buy I can't find it. Here is an answer

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-treasury-freezes-billions-afghan-reserves-depriving-taliban-cash

I do recall asking this.

Thanks for the link.

And this theft is only part of it.  The amount they extracted from Afghanistan over the decades is gotta be massive.  Not to mention the human lives they wasted especially with that whole Opium issue too.

Do you know what I find exceptionally interesting?
    The amount of it.
    $9+ bln reserves for a shithole like Afghanistan means, that they were simply shaved to the naked skin by their Murican gauleiters.
    Keeping in mind of course, where that cash was kept.

PapaDragon, JohninMK, miketheterrible, Hole, Finty and Mir like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:42 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Afghanistan: In 2001, UK officials took a top-secret trip to Moscow for advice - the response was brutally prophetic

https://news.sky.com/story/events-in-afghanistan-could-hardly-have-played-out-in-a-better-way-for-russia-12383629

...One person who was at the meeting recalled: "When the Russians stopped laughing they told us: 'You will make the same bad choice we did, you will go in, you will lose, many of you will die and then you'll be forced to retreat, which will be good for us. How can we help?'"...

Russia was not forced to retreat. It was alone Gorbys decision. He wanted to please the west. In 89 Afghanistan had a functioning government, armed forces, even something of an economy.

ALAMO, miketheterrible, Finty and Mir like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:05 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:...the twitter account states they are PMC's?. But who contracted them?.
    Its their contractor's responsibility to inform them to GTFO....

Looks like these guys forgot about the main feature and selling point or mercenaries: Disposability

Last edited by PapaDragon on Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Airbornewolf, Hole and Finty like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:11 pm

current situation at Kabul airport perimiter:

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:50 pm

JohninMK wrote:Meanwhile, unreported

syrseal
    @syrseal44
    ·
    9h
    While the world's attention was riveted on the events at the Kabul airport, the army of the Vice President of Afghanistan began to attack the Taliban north of the capital.

9h
    Afghanistan's Vice President Saleh's forces have retaken the Charikar district of Parwan province north of Kabul from the Taliban, according to a military source in Kabul. - RIA Novosti

Won't mean much, no support, landlocked, food, and ammo supplies will quickly become a concern.

Taliban will crush him eventually. Far too late for this but hey at least someone decided to fight back.

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:30 pm

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 Yprcu610

medo, Hannibal Barca, miketheterrible, limb and Finty like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:10 pm

Russian_Patriot_ wrote:Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 Yprcu610

Laughing

all the stacies waiting for him is what got me.
    Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Former Afghan leader Ghani reportedly stole US 169 million by fleeing Afghanistan, 18.08.2021

Afghanistan's ambassador to Tajikistan calls the former Afghan president a "traitor" and reveals that he stole US 169 million (R 8 892 million) from the National Treasury.

Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who fled the country, stole US 169 million from the National Treasury, Afghanistan's ambassador to Tajikistan Muhammad Zahir Agbar said on his Facebook account.

The Afghan ambassador called Ghani's escape a "betrayal of the state and the nation," and claimed that he "stole US 169 million from the National Treasury."

The diplomat said that he recognizes vice president Amrullah Saleh as the leader of Afghanistan, given that, according to the Constitution of the country, in case of absence, flight or death of the president, power is transferred to this official.
    Agbar stated that he addressed Interpol requesting the arrest of Ashraf Ghani to hand him over to an international court.

In turn, the head of the National Central Office of Interpol in Tajikistan, Shakhrier Nazriev, told Sputnik that they did not receive such a request for the arrest of the former Afghan President.

"First, They [Afghanistan] should address a search request to the Secretary General of Interpol, after that we will study it," Nazriev explained.

Earlier, the vice president of Afghanistan, Amrullah Saleh, stated that, unlike Ghani, he stayed in the country and, according to the Constitution, he is the interim leader of the Afghan state. Saleh's forces took control of the Charikar District of Parwan province, defeating the Taliban (a terrorist organization banned in Russia and other countries), a Sputnik source said.

Yandex Translate from Portuguese.

https://br.sputniknews.com/asia_oceania/2021081817912881-ex-lider-afegao-ghani-teria-roubado-us-169-milhoes-ao-fugir-do-afeganistao/

Finty likes this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Taliban and the CIA

https://twitter.com/gaines_rowdy/status/1427841930034098183?s=20

Finty likes this post

medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:08 pm

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 47506912

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan - Page 4 14347314

What have Biden and talibans in common? Icecream

Now war is over, they all went to eat icecream...

PapaDragon likes this post

par far

Post  par far Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:12 pm

People in the EU, United States, Canada and other western countries, get ready, millions of "Afghan refugees" are coming your way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:22 am